Countering Top-Tier Combos : A Must!

Post counters to Competitive and Top-Tier combos in this thread.
Rules-
Post the Top-Tier Combo first.
Then post your combo.
Post results according to the Standard Testing Procedure.
20 rounds a must.
(Mar. 22, 2013  5:31 PM)Ingulit Wrote: Do you want a list of what to use against each custom on the top-tier list? I could do that.

I guess the aim of this thread is finding counters to all beys in the top tier list.
However, from your post, it seems like the counters already exist.

But yeah, it is seemingly an interesting idea. Having a separate list of "Counters of Top Tier combos" is quite good enough. I wonder if the mods/admins agree though...

EDIT-
Then again, considering th!nk's post in the "Best Out of the Box" thread, the OP should contribute to the thread as well; otherwise, he/she should let someone else make the thread.
zeneo, you should post tests here yourself, before asking others to. Its your thread, so you must take the initiative.
I'm still not getting the point of this thread every blader already knows ATTACK<DEFENSE<STAMINA<ATTACK
So what more do we need if your saying for instance if we have a Duo Cygnus W145WD, you already know flash could KO that instantly so could Wayvang Dragoon, Ifraid Bahamdia ECT. Why list what to specific combo to use when you already know what type to use. So say a new blader who lacked good parts and bey knowledge but knew his types, if he stumbled across this thread and because of his lacking of good parts, may not think his moderately OK attack combo could stand up to an easily KOable stamina combo (IE Phantom Bull W145WD). He may not have a Flash but a Blitz which could KO this combo. Sorry if I'm not being clear, my last point is I personally do not think there is any sufficient purpose and time to and for this thread instead of looking for counters for Top-Tier cobos we need to revise the Top-tier list I know i haven't been much of help toward this goal but I have much Intent to help this goal when my new beylauncher comes in. Well that's my 2 cents
As Janstarblast explained, better than me. Finding new combos that can counter top-tier ones. This would specifically help those who don't have access to top-tier parts.

Janstarblast,I will be updating the OP when Ingulit gives me the list, and also, I'll try myself to find counters. This thread will be a building stone to new-comers and those who have limited access to parts. Hence, It may or may not improve the metagame

I've also noted a Beyblade heirarchy at tournaments. Those who have access to top-tier parts and can afford to buy them, can easily beat new-comers, or those who have access only to Hasbro parts. If we could bring the level on equal terms, the metagame would be more competitive. I think Ingulit will agree with me. This way, we're not exactly revising the top-tier list, but to compete with the top-tier list
Ok but wouldn't top teir combos that counter top teir combos still be top teir, if they're strong enough to compete with top teirs they are top teir.
Yeah, maybe, but I've committed myself to using Hasbro parts to find counters, so it may take a bit to come up with results. Only time will tell.
If that's the case then you should change the OP and title to something like "How to stand up to top-teirs with Hasbro parts"
(Mar. 23, 2013  4:38 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: If that's the case then you should change the OP and title to something like "How to stand up to top-teirs with Hasbro parts"

What I think he means is that he is finding specific beys to counter specific top tier beys, although they might not be able to stand up to all top tiers in that type. He is just focusing on Hasbro parts because most people may not be able to get beys from TT or SK, but it doesn't necessarily limit it to Hasbro.

This is a great idea, especially for bladers like me who can't buy from out of the country or even state.
(Mar. 23, 2013  4:38 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: If that's the case then you should change the OP and title to something like "How to stand up to top-teirs with Hasbro parts"

There was this thread for the Hasbro metagame. Hasn't been updated in a while but yeah. Stadiums are different, though.
Not necessarily...that is for the entire Hasbro meta. For instance, the testing is done in Hasbro stadiums, and is strictly limited to parts released by Hasbro.

This thread on the other hand, is for finding counters for top tier customs while maintaining a focus on Hasbro parts, from my understanding. So for instance: Meteo L Drago CH120WD could be used to counter MF-H Duo Cancer BD145CS and is made from all Hasbro parts.

On the topic, I would generally say that top tier customs counter other top tier customs. eg: Flash S130RF is a counter to Killerken Dragooon BGrin. (BB-10)
Meow!- Yeah, top-tier customs do counter top tier customs quite well. This thread looks towards finding niche customs that act as specific counters to a combo than have a wide range of uses. Now when I see it though, this thread has a VERY LIMITED approach at the moment.
First off, if its all about Hasbro Parts, then this thread would have its significance only until Hasbro releases all the Zero G beys, and the remaining 4D.
Secondly, this is totally a trial and error method; and there is no specific combo to test. We'd need to try a thousand combinations, and if we do manage to find something, it'll be significant only until Hasbro's releases. Is it really worth the effort? Not to forget Yuko's point- we need to work towards updating a Tier List.
If this thread aims to help low-budget people with limited access to various parts; then again, it ain't that important.
It has been a trend that a low-budget-limited-access blader is always suggested to purchase top tier parts. And while a few of Hasbro's releases are yet to be announced, certain highly influential parts, such as Flash and Bearing Drive have seen their release.
This thread is important only for a long-forgotten purpose of finding use for most of the parts that exist- even if they find just mediocre use...
However, you seriously should have started this thread after you were done with your own tests and your list. Th!nk's point has really got me now, and it does seem like this thread should've been opened only after you were thoroughly prepared with your matter. Why, one could just open a random testing thread for a new part and not post tests himself...
I would have easily opened up the thread with tests for almost 50 percent top-tier combos, Janstarblast, but the problem is, I have a BBG-04 at the moment, and, Sharven12, my neighbour, has a BB-10 and competitive parts like Flash, Duo, Dragooon, Phantom, etc.
But he has been busy since he joined a Football Academy, and hardly has the time to play later on, as he becomes tired. There is no way he will let me borrow his BB-10 or his beys for instance. So I'm hoping in some time, I'll get along with him.
I haven't read the whole thread, but I see zeneo wants to only use Hasbro parts, so I'll make the whole list for you.

Against any stamina type: MF Flash Orion GB145 R2F
Against any defense type: MF Meteo L-Drago TR145 EWD
Against any attacker: MF Diablo Kerbecs BD145 RF
Against any spin equalizer: Phantom BGrin
Against any anti-attacker: MF Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS
Against Duo 230 MB: MF Flash Orion GB145 R2F
Against Dragoon BD145 RDF: Basalt TR145 EWD if you can avoid KO

See? I just completed the whole point of this thread. I don't think this needed a thread, no offense zeneo.