Cosmic Discussion

Since no one has tried Cosmic on a track lower than 145, I figured I would give it a try.

MF-Cosmic Kerbecs S130R2F vs MF-Basalt Bull BD145CS
Standard Procedure
Cosmic - 7 wins (all KO)
Basalt - 13 wins (10 OS, 3 KO)
3 ties, all redone
Cosmic win % - 35%

I didnt expect much here because of Cosmic's best contact points being on the bottom of the wheel, but it has some really good smash from the side too. I was very impressed with Cosmic on S130. So many times Cosmic hit Basalt hard enough to send it across the room, but it was right in front of a wall. If I was a little better with launching attack types I believe Cosmic could have easily gotten double the KOs.
I'm not sure if I'm right, but I'm pretty sure Gravity could do better in Counter, Left.
Thanks for the tests, we need all we can get Smile
I believe I found the perfect track for Cosmic.......SA165! Ingulit suggested this earlier in the thread, and it is something I suggested in the SA165 thread.

SA165 has to be in attack mode (largest part pointing down). If it is in Defence mode it covers Cosmic's contact points too much. When it is in attack mode it fixes several of Cosmic's problems. It does what E230 does for Jade, it keeps Cosmic from jumping. It also helps Cosmic's recoil problem by acting like brakes when Cosmic recoils after a hit. When Cosmic gets sent flying SA165 will catch on the tornado ridge or the ridge before the exit, and almost slingshot Cosmic back into the fight. Well, here are the tests, and the great thing about them....they are not against Basalt. :-)

MF-Cosmic Kerbecs SA165(attack)R2F vs. MF-Duo(stamina) Sagittario II BD145CS
Standard Procedure
Cosmic - 8 wins (all KO)
Duo - 12 wins (11 OS, 1 KO)
Cosmic win % - 40%

I got so exicted that a Hasbro wheel could actually KO Duo that I know I messed up a few launches. LOL.

In case anyone asks
Benchmark (Click to View)
What 40 % on duo with sa165
And what about th170
Cosmic kerbecs th170 r2f was having 60 % on duo
Hey how much cosmic weight
(Sep. 21, 2012  4:00 PM)BEYDEXTER Wrote: What 40 % on duo with sa165
And what about th170

That was also Meow!'s test, who is above average (to say the least) with attack types. I am not near as experienced with attack types as Meow!. This is why my benchmark was posted. Compare my results with Flash and Cosmic and that will give you a better idea of how good this is. Tonight I will try to do Cosmic TH170R2F against Duo so maybe it will give everyone a better idea.

EDIT: My Cosmic weighs 32.91 grams

(Sep. 21, 2012  4:13 PM)Kain_Highwind Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2012  4:00 PM)BEYDEXTER Wrote: What 40 % on duo with sa165
And what about th170

That was also Meow!'s test, who is above average (to say the least) with attack types. I am not near as experienced with attack types as Meow!. This is why my benchmark was posted. Compare my results with Flash and Cosmic and that will give you a better idea of how good this is. Tonight I will try to do Cosmic TH170R2F against Duo so maybe it will give everyone a better idea.

EDIT: My Cosmic weighs 32.91 grams

What kind of condition is your R2F in? On tall combos, it is usually preferred to have a soft, fast RF instead of a hard, fast or a soft, slow. In other words what I'm trying to say is: Some R2F's are different.

For instance the Hasbro Galaxy is worse than the Hasbro Cosmic R2F because it generally took longer to become soft, and by the time it became nice and soft, the points were already worn out. So a new-ish Cosmic R2F would be preferred. I'm still an RF fan to date though. The Hasbro Storm Pegasus's RF were generally consistently good.
would cosmic unicorno bd145mf be good
33 grams for cosmic is okay

Cosmic bd145 mf will suck
Bd covers the contact points and mf will not provide enough grip on stadium to reduce recoil
Heyi meow
My r2f is from hasbro galaxy and goes fast well but these days it does not bcz the small ridge present on my r2f is totally wornout but greatly reduces recoil .
So will it be good to use that and will it be legal to use in a wbo tournament
Meow!, I was using the one that came from the galaxy out of the triple battle set. Its a little worn, but not past the little dot. I never new that about using different ones at different heights, but now that you mention it makes sense. When I get time, I'll redo the tests with my cosmic R2F.
Can someone try Cosmic 135RF? I wanna see how it makes contact against 145 and the like.
I have both cosmic and bigbang so if most test need to be done let me know,
-note- I'm using a rev-up launcher for right spin (works fine) and a beylauncher L for left spins and bb-10
Parts I don't have
Death,Diablo,Variares,blitz th170 apart from that I have all other parts
So I just got a Cosmic yesterday and it performs really well Grin
(Nov. 05, 2012  4:00 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: So I just got a Cosmic yesterday and it performs really well Grin

This comment is worth essentially nothing if it is not accompanied by valid test results. Did you even use an Attack Type BeyStadium ?
(Nov. 05, 2012  4:03 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2012  4:00 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: So I just got a Cosmic yesterday and it performs really well Grin

This comment is worth essentially nothing if it is not accompanied by valid test results. Did you even use an Attack Type BeyStadium ?

Yes,I used an Attack Stadium I will post my results tommorow because I dont have time right now

No. Cosmic isn't too bad, but it isn't anywhere near great. Here are my test results.

MF-H Cosmic Kerbecs TH170r2f vs. MF-H Duo Aquario 230rs
Cosmic wins: 8 (3 o.s., 5 k.o.)
Duo wins: 32 (24 o.s., 8 k.o.)
I did 40 here because I felt like 20 wasn't enough. There was only 1 win for Cosmic by 20, and I figured it had to be better than that compared to the other test results. It was, but only very slightly.

MF-H Cosmic UnicornoII 135r2f vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230rs
Cosmic wins: 6 (2 o.s., 4 k.o.)
Basalt wins: 14 (9 o.s., 5 k.o.)
I broke my Kerbecs clear wheel, so I'm going to need to buy another HK on Amazon :3. Anyway, here I wasn't surprised that the infamous (but kinda outclassed) Basalt tank could totally annihilate Cosmic. Also, it was only 1 mm taller than the center of balance for 230, so 135 is ruled out for Cosmic.

I haven't made any other tests yet, but I hope these are suffice for now for extra records.
The reason it did so bad is because it was against 230, which is too tall for Cosmic's contact points on the bottom to do anything.
(Nov. 10, 2012  5:23 AM)ukdl123 Wrote:

No. Cosmic isn't too bad, but it isn't anywhere near great. Here are my test results.

I did 40 here because I felt like 20 wasn't enough. There was only 1 win for Cosmic by 20, and I figured it had to be better than that compared to the other test results. It was, but only very slightly.

I broke my Kerbecs clear wheel, so I'm going to need to buy another HK on Amazon :3. Anyway, here I wasn't surprised that the infamous (but kinda outclassed) Basalt tank could totally annihilate Cosmic. Also, it was only 1 mm taller than the center of balance for 230, so 135 is ruled out for Cosmic.

I haven't made any other tests yet, but I hope these are suffice for now for extra records.

ShinobuXD is right,so use something like BD145,Duo and Basalt also had the advantage due to the RS so to give it something easier to K.O like CS
Cosmic's contact points are towards the bottom of the metal wheel. Try TH170, 230, or even TH220. Cosmic should never be used on a "low" height.
(Nov. 10, 2012  5:37 AM)BeybladePants11 Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2012  5:23 AM)ukdl123 Wrote:

ShinobuXD is right,so use something like BD145,Duo and Basalt also had the advantage due to the RS so to give it something easier to K.O like CS
Are we not trying to test how good it will do? Anyway, here's something more reasonable for height:
MF-H Cosmic UnicornoII TH170r2f vs. MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS
Cosmic wins: 14 (4 o.s., 10 k.o.)
Duo wins: 26 (21 o.s., 5 k.o.)
Here, I did 40 again to compare them to the earlier test. Well, it doesn't do too terribly, but the defense type was weakened. Here's another:
MF-H Cosmic UnicornoII 230r2f vs. MF-H Duo Aquario TH170CS
Cosmic wins: 19 (7 o.s., 12 k.o.)
Duo wins: 21 (19 o.s., 2 k.o.)
Well, it's doing better on a bigger height difference. that shows that maybe TH170 isn't as good as TH195. Just saying.
MF-H Cosmic Striker TH170RF vs. MF-H Twisted Bull GB145CS
Standard Procedure + Grip
Striker: 5/10
Bull: 5/10
Cosmic win percentage (50%)

vs. Duo Gasher GB145CS
Striker: 2/10
Gasher: 7/10
1 draw
Cosmic win percentage (20%)
Well, Cosmic kind of fails from what has been shown from these last few test results.... and from my first results, there are a vast number of beys that use the 230 track. Don't expect everything to go your way and that your opponent won't use a tall track.
(Nov. 11, 2012  2:48 AM)PurpleTiger Wrote: MF-H Cosmic Striker TH170RF vs. MF-H Twisted Bull GB145CS
Striker: 5/10
Bull: 5/10
Cosmic win percentage (50%)

vs. Duo Gasher GB145CS
Striker: 2/10
Gasher: 7/10
1 draw
Cosmic win percentage (20%)

You should probably have specified which wins were what... (OS or KO)
And you didn't do 20 rounds. I can understand if Cosmic is just getting demolished, but at 10 rounds against Basalt, it was going 50%, so you should've probably finished the test.
I practiced a lot with my Cosmic today. It's a beast but has so much recoil it gets KO'd almost half the time. Hopefully I can get some tests up soon.
(Nov. 14, 2012  1:48 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I practiced a lot with my Cosmic today. It's a beast but has so much recoil it gets KO'd almost half the time. Hopefully I can get some tests up soon.

Same thing happens to me,Recoil is a problem some people have with Cosmic
Wouldn't a MF-H or MF2 rectify the recoil solution? Attack wheels are normally light (and sometimes have recoil), so why not make it heavier to prevent such an issue?