Coronavirus Paranoia, Rumor, Speculation, and borderline Problematic Thread!

I’d wait seeing as there’s an epidemic going on right now, I’m stoping all of my beyblade purchases from asia for a while just until everything is cleared up, please be careful everyone when buying from asia as you don’t want to get the corona virus
(Jan. 31, 2020  8:22 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: I’d wait seeing as there’s an epidemic going on right now, I’m stoping all of my beyblade purchases from asia for a while just until everything is cleared up, please be careful everyone when buying from asia as you don’t want to get the corona virus

That doesn't make sense. They're not sending you vials of biological materials, they're sending boxes with plastic and metal. And you're not going to catch coronavirus from plastic and metal tops. Corona germs aren't going to survive without a host during a 7 day mail shipment.

Do not spread such rumors, especially not in someone's beymarket thread.
(Jan. 31, 2020  8:41 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jan. 31, 2020  8:22 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: I’d wait seeing as there’s an epidemic going on right now, I’m stoping all of my beyblade purchases from asia for a while just until everything is cleared up, please be careful everyone when buying from asia as you don’t want to get the corona virus

That doesn't make sense. They're not sending you vials of biological materials, they're sending boxes with plastic and metal. And you're not going to catch coronavirus from plastic and metal tops. Corona germs aren't going to survive without a host during a 7 day mail shipment.

(Jan. 31, 2020  8:41 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

I’m not spreading rumours, all I’m saying is people should be careful. I don’t know why you’re so hard on me when I’m just asking people to be careful, we still don’t know what this virus can do, it’s better to be safe than sorry!
Just providing information

“In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods.”

Source:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
Okay, no. We're not turning someone's Beymarket thread into Coronavirus discussion! It's beyond rude! I'm splitting this off into its own trash thread so you can paranoia out all you want and I can ignore absolutely everything in it.

Megaman053 if you can't figure out why it'd be problematic to assume that any shipper from east Asia (OF NON-BIOLOGICAL GOODS) should be avoided at this time because of Coronavirus, you need to do some self-reflection!
This doesn't really need to be discussed, so I'll close this thread.

As a final word; factually, the likelihood of coronavirus being contracted via Beyblade packages from is very minuscule. If you're worried, hold off on your purchasing, it's totally your choice. If not, buy away.