Constructive criticism towards the community

Welp, Mana closed the last one for being too, negative, so this thread is for constructive criticism.
Let out your angers- Constructively
Little less about the community and more about the site itself. I wish there was an option to not receive notifications about someone liking your post

As for the community, I'd like to see videos detailing why making tournaments like they are in the anime (giant stadiums, only using one beyblade, work outs, etc) won't work in real life and why tournaments are set up how they are.
(Mar. 13, 2018  1:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: As for the community, I'd like to see videos detailing why making tournaments like they are in the anime (giant stadiums, only using one beyblade, work outs, etc) won't work in real life and why tournaments are set up how they are.

What do you mean?
(Mar. 13, 2018  6:42 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  1:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: As for the community, I'd like to see videos detailing why making tournaments like they are in the anime (giant stadiums, only using one beyblade, work outs, etc) won't work in real life and why tournaments are set up how they are.

What do you mean?

There are many people who, when they are new to the community, want to push for things to be more like the anime. It would be handy to have a couple of videos on hand on the channel detailing why it wouldn't work so we can speed up one's understanding
Yes, videos that clearly answer common questions/issues are good. I honestly think any organized materials that explain things would be wonderful to have (on top of what already exists). The wiki is a pretty good source, and I really enjoy the lessons that the WBO has already put together. The more, the merrier! (If kept organized, at least.)

I'm thinking of doing some of this myself, as I'm in a neo-newbie state and have already noticed some things that aren't clearly explained upfront (in my opinion, anyway). I'm more of a writing person, though, but I guess we'll see.
(Mar. 13, 2018  1:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Little less about the community and more about the site itself. I wish there was an option to not receive notifications about someone liking your post

As for the community, I'd like to see videos detailing why making tournaments like they are in the anime (giant stadiums, only using one beyblade, work outs, etc) won't work in real life and why tournaments are set up how they are.

I don't understand why the WBO is so against using larger, custom built stadiums, to a set specification.  They need to take into account that not everybody, in different countries, can get hold of the 'offiicial' TT made stadiums easily or at an affordable price.  Not that they won't work in real life, it's simply that they've copied the WBBA rules and won't go against them, even though they've got no connection to them.  We want Beyblading to be a spectator activity and for that to happen, the stadiums need to be large enough for a crowd to be able to see what's going on.  As it is, it's great when you're playing at a tournament, but when you're waiting for your turn, you can't see what's going on and when you're knocked out it's not really worth sticking around to see the final match.  Kind of makes having tournaments pointless.
(Mar. 14, 2018  2:13 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2018  1:56 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Little less about the community and more about the site itself. I wish there was an option to not receive notifications about someone liking your post

I don't understand why the WBO is so against using larger, custom built stadiums, to a set specification.  They need to take into account that not everybody, in different countries, can get hold of the 'offiicial' TT made stadiums easily or at an affordable price.  Not that they won't work in real life, it's simply that they've copied the WBBA rules and won't go against them, even though they've got no connection to them.  We want Beyblading to be a spectator activity and for that to happen, the stadiums need to be large enough for a crowd to be able to see what's going on.  As it is, it's great when you're playing at a tournament, but when you're waiting for your turn, you can't see what's going on and when you're knocked out it's not really worth sticking around to see the final match.  Kind of makes having tournaments pointless.

Having a massive stadium gives stamina types a disproportionate advantage, especially if they have some movement. In such a large stadium, impacts with mobile Attack Types will be next to impossible. If you're using Metal Fight then it's even worse since Knock-Outs will be next to impossible.

It may suck having to use only a Takara Tomy Stadium, but having that regulation keeps things fair, no random variables from having a homemade stadium which can vary drastically (such as a different plastic screwing with friction and movement or metal damaging plastic tips)

Honestly, even if they allowed homemade stadium in "set specifications", nobody would make any due to costs. To keep consistent performance, those custom stadiums would have to be made of the same plastic the normal stadiums are made from and their circumference, diameter and angle of the slope would have to be uniform which is impossible without large factory molds which is out of many people's price ranges
(Mar. 14, 2018  2:19 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2018  2:13 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: I don't understand why the WBO is so against using larger, custom built stadiums, to a set specification.  They need to take into account that not everybody, in different countries, can get hold of the 'offiicial' TT made stadiums easily or at an affordable price.  Not that they won't work in real life, it's simply that they've copied the WBBA rules and won't go against them, even though they've got no connection to them.  We want Beyblading to be a spectator activity and for that to happen, the stadiums need to be large enough for a crowd to be able to see what's going on.  As it is, it's great when you're playing at a tournament, but when you're waiting for your turn, you can't see what's going on and when you're knocked out it's not really worth sticking around to see the final match.  Kind of makes having tournaments pointless.

Having a massive stadium gives stamina types a disproportionate advantage, especially if they have some movement. In such a large stadium, impacts with mobile Attack Types will be next to impossible. If you're using Metal Fight then it's even worse since Knock-Outs will be next to impossible.

It may suck having to use only a Takara Tomy Stadium, but having that regulation keeps things fair, no random variables from having a homemade stadium which can vary drastically (such as a different plastic screwing with friction and movement or metal damaging plastic tips)

Honestly, even if they allowed homemade stadium in "set specifications", nobody would make any due to costs. To keep consistent performance, those custom stadiums would have to be made of the same plastic the normal stadiums are made from and their circumference, diameter and angle of the slope would have to be uniform which is impossible without large factory molds which is out of many people's price ranges

I don't know how much TT stadiums are where you are, but here in the UK, they cost up to £90 on eBay from Japan or South Korea, that's around $126 US.  The Habro ones, the simple, flimsy plastic washing up bowl ones, they cost £20 and are certainly not worth that much when they can easily be crushed.  Then there's likely to be import tax on top of the cost of an import TT one.  A small satellite dish, a 60cm one, only costs around £25 and it's only twice the size of a TT stadium.  But like I said before, a TT stadium prevents Beyblading from being a spectator event.  There's no point in having tournaments if nobody can watch, you might as well just have tournaments with a friend or two in your home for your own enjoyment.  That's where those TT stadiums are designed to be used.

Since I joined the WBO, I thought there would be properly organised tournaments, but I went to my first one last month and was greatly disappointed.  Like I said, there wasn't much to do inbetween my games, nobody was interested in watching the games going on and for those of us who were, it was hard to see what was going on because those TT stadiums are too small for having spectators.  On top of that, there were ring out launches most of the time, because of the size of those stadiums when us older ones were up to play.  The vast majority of those taking part were small kids who just weren't interested in the tournament itself and once they'd played their part, they got bored and left, leaving just the two finalists to play, with myself, someone else and the two 'stewards' to watch.  All it needs is one or two people involved to bring along a custom built larger stadium (not to the anime/manga scale mind, that would just be too big) and to use it for the tournament finals to keep players interested and maybe even pull in a few spectators to generate interest from outsiders passing by.  It needs to generate interest for those who know nothing about Beyblading and that won't happen with the way things are now.
Oh no, my thread DID close.
I guess there was a good point though
(But I did not appreciate Angry Face calling my thread stupid because it wasn't as constructive of a criticism as Mana's)
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:00 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2018  2:19 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Having a massive stadium gives stamina types a disproportionate advantage, especially if they have some movement. In such a large stadium, impacts with mobile Attack Types will be next to impossible. If you're using Metal Fight then it's even worse since Knock-Outs will be next to impossible.

I don't know how much TT stadiums are where you are, but here in the UK, they cost up to £90 on eBay from Japan or South Korea, that's around $126 US.  The Habro ones, the simple, flimsy plastic washing up bowl ones, they cost £20 and are certainly not worth that much when they can easily be crushed.  Then there's likely to be import tax on top of the cost of an import TT one.  A small satellite dish, a 60cm one, only costs around £25 and it's only twice the size of a TT stadium.  But like I said before, a TT stadium prevents Beyblading from being a spectator event.  There's no point in having tournaments if nobody can watch, you might as well just have tournaments with a friend or two in your home for your own enjoyment.  That's where those TT stadiums are designed to be used.

Since I joined the WBO, I thought there would be properly organised tournaments, but I went to my first one last month and was greatly disappointed.  Like I said, there wasn't much to do inbetween my games, nobody was interested in watching the games going on and for those of us who were, it was hard to see what was going on because those TT stadiums are too small for having spectators.  On top of that, there were ring out launches most of the time, because of the size of those stadiums when us older ones were up to play.  The vast majority of those taking part were small kids who just weren't interested in the tournament itself and once they'd played their part, they got bored and left, leaving just the two finalists to play, with myself, someone else and the two 'stewards' to watch.  All it needs is one or two people involved to bring along a custom built larger stadium (not to the anime/manga scale mind, that would just be too big) and to use it for the tournament finals to keep players interested and maybe even pull in a few spectators to generate interest from outsiders passing by.  It needs to generate interest for those who know nothing about Beyblading and that won't happen with the way things are now.

We already had a "slightly larger stadium" phase in the hobby. Hasbro Metal Fight Stadiums, they were much larger, about as large as you're probably imagining.

They were almost universally hated.

And for all the reasons I already said, they made Attack Types useless and Stamina Types the only viable option.
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:12 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: We already had a "slightly larger stadium" phase in the hobby. Hasbro Metal Fight Stadiums, they were much larger, about as large as you're probably imagining.

And for all the reasons I already said, they made Attack Types useless and Stamina Types the only viable option.

That's a surprisingly defeatist attitude, the sort of thing I'd expect from someone of my age to have, because they're afraid of change.  I have no idea about what the Hasbro Metal Fight Stadiums were like, as Beyblade pretty much disappeared almost without trace in the UK after the first series ended on TV, so I can't say.  But from what I've seen on YouTube of all the custom made stadiums demonstrated, the ones of a reasonable size, that don't try to match up to the size of the ones from the manga and anime, seem OK.  They give the Beys room to move, but are also small enough to ensure clashes and have ring out finishes.  What's wrong with that?

If we want Beyblading to grow in popularity and to grab the interest of everyone, not just small kids who see it on TV, then public tournaments need to have a decent sized stadium and one that allows spectators to see the matches.  Otherwise, what's the point in having tournaments?
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:28 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:12 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: We already had a "slightly larger stadium" phase in the hobby. Hasbro Metal Fight Stadiums, they were much larger, about as large as you're probably imagining.

That's a surprisingly defeatist attitude, the sort of thing I'd expect from someone of my age to have, because they're afraid of change.  I have no idea about what the Hasbro Metal Fight Stadiums were like, as Beyblade pretty much disappeared almost without trace in the UK after the first series ended on TV, so I can't say.  But from what I've seen on YouTube of all the custom made stadiums demonstrated, the ones of a reasonable size, that don't try to match up to the size of the ones from the manga and anime, seem OK.  They give the Beys room to move, but are also small enough to ensure clashes and have ring out finishes.  What's wrong with that?

If we want Beyblading to grow in popularity and to grab the interest of everyone, not just small kids who see it on TV, then public tournaments need to have a decent sized stadium and one that allows spectators to see the matches.  Otherwise, what's the point in having tournaments?

This is pretty much a very civil flame war, isn't it?

I personally am tired of people constantly asking whether Hasbro launchers work with Takara Tomy Beys.
Just sayin'.
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:28 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:

The point of tournaments is mostly to socialize, discuss combos and launchers and whatever comes to mind. It's a reason to meet people face to face and have fun, advertising Beyblade is secondary.

And honestly, saying that I have a "defeatist attitude" is insulting. I've seen battles in larger stadiums, custom ones too. None of them have worked. Zankye's is plastic but it's too high friction, not even Attack Types move. Using metal sleds and satellite dishes works but they damage tips which would make no one want to play in them.

We have a larger Burst Stadium in the form of the Wide Type Stadium. In all the videos I've seen, even in 3 vs 3 battles, Stamina Types have an unfair advqntage because impacts become rarer. You want to see "spectator size" but all people will be spectating in stadiums that large are two Stamina Types lightly clashing for a minute.

Smaller stadiums have always been preferred due to how much of an advantage they give Attack Types, battles become exciting when hard clashes happen constantly.
I think the community (or at least those interested) should instead try to figure out what the best big stadium is, period. Put aside the ideas about legalizing, because that's not necessary for this.

Try different sizes and other things, getting input from many people (not just a select few). You could set up multiple ones at tournaments as a side activity for collecting input (should those involved be OK with the idea). Get different points to weigh.

Once you figure that out, then you can figure out if it's possible to standardize. (Who knows what someone could figure out by then?)

And if it ends up not working out to get legalized? You still have the best big stadium sorted out for those who do love the idea (as some seem to already enjoy it), and what goes from there is what goes from there.

So in my opinion, time could be more constructively spent figuring out the best big stadium for those who want a big stadium already for their own play, at least first.
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:54 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think the community (or at least those interested) should instead try to figure out what the best big stadium is, period. Put aside the ideas about legalizing, because that's not necessary for this.

Try different sizes and other things, getting input from many people (not just a select few). You could set up multiple ones at tournaments as a side activity for collecting input (should those involved be OK with the idea). Get different points to weigh.

Once you figure that out, then you can figure out if it's possible to standardize. (Who knows what someone could figure out by then?)

And if it ends up not working out to get legalized? You still have the best big stadium sorted out for those who do love the idea (as some seem to already enjoy it), and what goes from there is what goes from there.

So in my opinion, time could be more constructively spent figuring out the best big stadium for those who want a big stadium already for their own play, at least first.

Sounds good, maybe some people can bring the Wide Type stadium if they have one or the Hasbro Colossus Stadium once it comes out for initial tests. The use of actual Takara Tomy/Hasbro gear should prevent variables present in home made stadiums from screwing up results
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:37 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:28 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: That's a surprisingly defeatist attitude, the sort of thing I'd expect from someone of my age to have, because they're afraid of change.  I have no idea about what the Hasbro Metal Fight Stadiums were like, as Beyblade pretty much disappeared almost without trace in the UK after the first series ended on TV, so I can't say.  But from what I've seen on YouTube of all the custom made stadiums demonstrated, the ones of a reasonable size, that don't try to match up to the size of the ones from the manga and anime, seem OK.  They give the Beys room to move, but are also small enough to ensure clashes and have ring out finishes.  What's wrong with that?

The point of tournaments is mostly to socialize, discuss combos and launchers and whatever comes to mind. It's a reason to meet people face to face and have fun, advertising Beyblade is secondary.

And honestly, saying that I have a "defeatist attitude" is insulting. I've seen battles in larger stadiums, custom ones too. None of them have worked. Zankye's is plastic but it's too high friction, not even Attack Types move. Using metal sleds and satellite dishes works but they damage tips which would make no one want to play in them.

We have a larger Burst Stadium in the form of the Wide Type Stadium. In all the videos I've seen, even in 3 vs 3 battles, Stamina Types have an unfair advqntage because impacts become rarer. You want to see "spectator size" but all people will be spectating in stadiums that large are two Stamina Types lightly clashing for a minute.

Smaller stadiums have always been preferred due to how much of an advantage they give Attack Types, battles become exciting when hard clashes happen constantly.

Well it wasn't meant in an insulting way, it's just that you've made up your mind already and refuse to see things from the other side.

OK, so tournaments are there for socialising and discussing tactics and launchers, but that's really a social event then, the tournament's secondary so keeping a league table's pointless in that case.  But as I said, my experience of a 'tournament' last month wasn't that great and the only socialising that went on was between the few people who knew each other, who kept to themselves and all the kids running around screaming who lost interest after they'd played their matches.

If you think the only beys that will work in a larger stadium is stamina types, then it all comes down to the launch.  Attack and defence types will work in a larger stadium as well.  But as I stated earlier, there's large and there's too large.  The TT stadium, going by my old V Force Mobile Stadium is around 30 cm in diameter, so just doubling that to 60 cm would give the beys more room to really move, it's not a massive change, it's about the right size.  That guy on YouTube who had his stadium custom moulded made his too big, to the approximate size of the ones in the manga and anime and you can see it's too big there for real life Beyblades without Bit Beasts/Deities.  He's since cut it down to size.  There's also those videos from the Korean players who use a very large satellite dish and that's too big as well.  But there are other videos of smaller stadiums that are larger than the TT ones and they seem to work very well.  We've got to experiment to come up with something that can then be used as a de facto standard.  TT stadiums aren't that easy to get hold of in every country and neither are they cheap, all we want is for the WBO to take that into account with the restrictions on stadiums in tournaments.
To those who keep whining about wanting large stadiums go do one and test yourself and you'll know our reasoning why attack type will fails and stamina will dominate and if you feel that's exciting to watch you go ahead.

Really sick of all the reasons they come up with when they don't see the actual logic why it's not done.
(Mar. 14, 2018  6:16 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2018  5:37 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: The point of tournaments is mostly to socialize, discuss combos and launchers and whatever comes to mind. It's a reason to meet people face to face and have fun, advertising Beyblade is secondary.

Well it wasn't meant in an insulting way, it's just that you've made up your mind already and refuse to see things from the other side.

OK, so tournaments are there for socialising and discussing tactics and launchers, but that's really a social event then, the tournament's secondary so keeping a league table's pointless in that case.  But as I said, my experience of a 'tournament' last month wasn't that great and the only socialising that went on was between the few people who knew each other, who kept to themselves and all the kids running around screaming who lost interest after they'd played their matches.

If you think the only beys that will work in a larger stadium is stamina types, then it all comes down to the launch.  Attack and defence types will work in a larger stadium as well.  But as I stated earlier, there's large and there's too large.  The TT stadium, going by my old V Force Mobile Stadium is around 30 cm in diameter, so just doubling that to 60 cm would give the beys more room to really move, it's not a massive change, it's about the right size.  That guy on YouTube who had his stadium custom moulded made his too big, to the approximate size of the ones in the manga and anime and you can see it's too big there for real life Beyblades without Bit Beasts/Deities.  He's since cut it down to size.  There's also those videos from the Korean players who use a very large satellite dish and that's too big as well.  But there are other videos of smaller stadiums that are larger than the TT ones and they seem to work very well.  We've got to experiment to come up with something that can then be used as a de facto standard.  TT stadiums aren't that easy to get hold of in every country and neither are they cheap, all we want is for the WBO to take that into account with the restrictions on stadiums in tournaments.

Bigger stadiums do not mean greater speed, the only way to get more speed is by increasing the Revolutions per minute. Current stadiums already have a problem with Attack Types getting only a couple of hits before just stalling in a circle (which I have plenty of experience with combo testing)
Bigger stadiums will only make this worse.

And I'm not "refusing to see the other side". I used to advocate for bigger stadiums just a few months ago. Until I rewatched videos in Hasbro Metal Fight stadiums and battles in the Wide Type Stadium and realized how that would bring us back to the "Stamina Types only" phase early Burst and late Metal Fight were suffering.

But my biggest gripe is "custom stadiums" which will make any consistency in battles go out to orbit due to different materiales and imperfections.

If you want a bigger stadium for tournaments then that's fine. Just get an official one and test it out first before continuing.
its simple.have u seen zankyes real anime life battles? THEY ARE TRASH WITH NO IMPACT. hasbro stadiums are trash.the only option is the tt stadium
I wish that you could directly put images and videos from your desktop instead of creating a link for it
beyond the obvious benefits to attack types,

b-09/b-33 stadiums are standardized products you can practice on at home, and expect the same experience at a tournament.

unless everyone was expected to build their own homemade craft stadium, people would be showing up to compete on strange stadiums at tournaments unprepared.

beyblade burst is designed by TT to be played in a TT stadium, i agree with the WBO’s current policy on official stadiums.

—-

also the theory of homemade craft stadiums drawing a crowd is flawed and uninformed.

there might be a “gee-wiz” factor at first, but mobile stamina would quickly become the only option for consistently winning. and watching match after match with two beys spinning off in different directions with low or no contact is utterly boring.  

these homemade stadiums have been around for a long time. i understand why WBO stadium rules are the way they are.

as far as the expense of TT stadiums outside of japan,

i don’t want to sound too confrontational, but if you can’t afford something, it’s simply not for you.   ive really wanted a porsche 911 turbo since i first saw one in 1998.  but, somewhat sadly, i accept its just not for me :)
I personally do not agree with how channels have evolved. I understand that interesting content attracts viewers, but I think that content creators themselves need more freedom so that they don't get hated on for creating content that focuses more on the competitive information of beyblade (not everything should be entertainment only), or for unboxing something late. Just one beyblade costs a lot of money, even on ebay, so I can understand why youtubers may be fed up with constant requests for beyblades or for unboxings.

Still, I'm not going to tell people how to run things or that there is a certain way these matters should be handled, because I wouldn't know anything about doing so unless I was in that position.

as for why I think that there should be other channels besides the WBO channel itself that focus on competitive/meta info:
  • allows diverse opinions on competitive value of parts
  • speeds up news gaps in case the status of a part changes in competitive value
  • introduces more people to the idea of an organized play setup
again, I won't tell anybody how to run things or start this idea, but just food for thought, I suppose...
(Mar. 14, 2018  6:27 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: If you want a bigger stadium for tournaments then that's fine. Just get an official one and test it out first before continuing.

(Mar. 14, 2018  4:41 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: b-09/b-33 stadiums are standardized products you can practice on at home, and expect the same experience at a tournament.

unless everyone was expected to build their own homemade craft stadium, people would be showing up to compete on strange stadiums at tournaments unprepared.

For this point in time, I agree with these statements, because there isn't any agreed upon idea for what an unofficial/homemade big stadium should be. If that's not even together yet, I don't think it's worth suggesting for legalization. Not beyond the already-made official options.

So again, people interested in big stadiums (beyond what's official) should come together to try to sort out the details for what the best one would be. Not with guesstimations, but with data. The data might not be perfect due to variables that may exist (depending on the material used), but do the best you can to come up with something.

And then, you end up with the best big stadium someone can build if they're into that, and whether that's legal for the WBO or not, it ends in a win in my book.

But that's my opinion on the matter, at least.
I would really like the bey map to return! It was a nice way to track bladers near by!
(Mar. 16, 2018  5:08 PM)Suhasini Wrote: I would really like the bey map to return! It was a nice way to track bladers near by!

Mere tooooo
Beymap should return, it makes easier for knowing where players are instead of asking them personally