Computer viruses!

Poll: Have you ever goten a computer virus?

Yes
82.99%
No
17.01%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
Can you possibly get a virus in your tablet by downloading certain pictures from Google?
(Feb. 02, 2015  8:19 AM)Lubbock Wrote: Can you possibly get a virus in your tablet by downloading certain pictures from Google?

Like pressing save image? No, you can't.
(Feb. 02, 2015  8:34 AM)Packers Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2015  8:19 AM)Lubbock Wrote: Can you possibly get a virus in your tablet by downloading certain pictures from Google?

Like pressing save image? No, you can't.

Looks like my dad was wrong...
I don't know, but I often goes on Bing, and it happen that my antivirus detect something when I save a picture.
anyone know how to get rid of ads by shopperz besides sitting at my desktop for hours writing code?
(Aug. 02, 2015  8:23 PM)Elite Projects Wrote: anyone know how to get rid of ads by shopperz besides sitting at my desktop for hours writing code?

Here's a guide:

Link
I once went to a website that was mostly in
Russian except for almost every tv show and movie ever
It seemed to good to be true then I got a gov't warning
Saying I had to pay like 200 or 300 dollars for pirated inappropriate
Movies involving children but when I went to the computer store
Turns out I was fake and it was just a hacker
Those trojan virus' are quite common on the "oh my" side of the web.
I have an annoying virus. Random words are blue, and when you hover over them, they are ads. also, i have popup ads like you wouldn't believe.
(Dec. 31, 2015  8:57 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I have an annoying virus. Random words are blue, and when you hover over them, they are ads. also, i have popup ads like you wouldn't believe.

Just run malwarebytes or something. Adware is easy to remove.
(Dec. 31, 2015  8:57 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I have an annoying virus. Random words are blue, and when you hover over them, they are ads. also, i have popup ads like you wouldn't believe.

Doubtful that's a virus, just built in links in webpages. Do they happen to be underlined?

(Dec. 31, 2015  8:57 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I have an annoying virus.]Random words are blue, and when you hover over them, they are ads. also, i have popup ads like you wouldn't believe.
Adblock plus extension solves this.

If these don't work, run MBAM as suggested, and have microsoft security essentials constantly running in the background since the non-premium ver. of MBAM only runs on demand and doesn't offer real-time protection.
(Dec. 31, 2015  9:10 PM)V2 Wrote:

Doubtful that's a virus, just built in links in webpages. Do they happen to be underlined?

(Dec. 31, 2015  8:57 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: I have an annoying virus.]Random words are blue, and when you hover over them, they are ads. also, i have popup ads like you wouldn't believe.
Adblock plus extension solves this.

If these don't work, run MBAM as suggested, and have microsoft security essentials constantly running in the background since the non-premium ver. of MBAM only runs on demand and doesn't offer real-time protection.

yes. blue, double underlined.
like this. [Image: xWOepTk.png]
That just means that you installed a sister program at the same time as when you downloaded another program. You always have to check during the installation that you unchecked boxes that allow them to install other programs. And even then, sometimes those additional programs get installed anyway, without asking you about it. They are really not dangerous and you can uninstall them whenever.
It happened to me as well. You need to find the complete name of the program, then simply uninstall it of delete it manually.
Also, check what browser extensions you are running - if you see anything unfamiliar, uninstall it immediately and double-check the folder to make sure it's completely gone.
At first I was really scared because I thought
The FBI was coming but it was just a hacker
amidamaru that's ransomware for you
(Jan. 02, 2016  1:34 AM)amidamaru Wrote: At first I was really scared because I thought
The FBI was coming but it was just a hacker

hacker>FBI

hahahaha
good thing you didn't give the money first
Ikr haha
luckly a hacker has never done that to me.
And the fake FBI warning looked so legit I was
Freaking out but my mom said if the FBI wanted
Us they would come to our house
If they caught you downloading CP, they'd be on you quick and wouldn't just fine you a couple hundred USD. Remember though, be careful on shady websites Wink. The actual site may be legit but the pop up adds are most likely not.
Yea especially if you accidentally click on them