Computer viruses!

Poll: Have you ever goten a computer virus?

Yes
82.99%
No
17.01%
Total: 100% 147 vote(s)
I use a Mac, so I never get viruses! Eee
Macs still have viruses, you know.
There is almost nobody that has gotten a virus on an up-to-date Mac.
You'd be suprised.
If there's one thing that needs to be said here, it's this:

"Nothing is invincible when it comes to the internet".
(Jul. 27, 2012  2:59 PM)Cake Wrote: You'd be suprised.

I don't want to start an argument, but, explain?
Ditto what Insomniac said.

While it is perfectly possible for a computer to go its entire life without a significant virus infection, there will always be hackers and programmers who are churning out malware. From one OS to another, there are still plenty of viruses; you're just lucky and/or cautious enough to not have encountered one.
Meh.My viruses are minor.Computer Freeze ups and stuff.
(Jul. 27, 2012  12:46 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: I use a Mac, so I never get viruses! Eee

Coincidence of your web browsing.

(Jul. 27, 2012  2:57 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: There is almost nobody that has gotten a virus on an up-to-date Mac.

Macs are not invulnerable in any state.

There's almost nobody that has gotten a virus while running a proper browser with adblock and noscript.
(Jul. 27, 2012  10:40 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2012  2:57 PM)Ginga Blader#1 Wrote: There is almost nobody that has gotten a virus on an up-to-date Mac.

Macs are not invulnerable in any state.

There's almost nobody that has gotten a virus while running a proper browser with adblock and noscript.

Probably because the default browser is Safari.
Scary... My XP i had since 2010, i mean 2004, the screen GLITCHED like a NES game, or a heavily scratched CD. it might no9t be a virus, but i think it could be. im in a library right now, one that closes late. please help!
That happened to me as well. But I knew the cause: if somehow you kicked/dropped the CPU/laptop, it will go ballistic (on my case). Check if there are any parts that are dislodged from their respective places, fix them. Try to replace anything that's damaged.
(Oct. 04, 2012  4:23 AM)PwnageDerp Wrote: Scary... My XP i had since 2010, i mean 2004, the screen GLITCHED like a NES game, or a heavily scratched CD. it might no9t be a virus, but i think it could be. im in a library right now, one that closes late. please help!

Viruses very rarely cause anything like this; it's almost always a Hardware problem. Your Monitor cable may have come loose or been damaged, or had the pins in it damaged. If that's not it, then there's always a chance your graphics processor is on the fritz, be it Onboard or otherwise.
Haha, quite a story here. I was trying to get a Minecraft Demo online and when I was, I ran into a site known as "www.minecraftdl.com". Now, I don't mean to rant on them or anything; but when I went to download this I found out it was a cracked version. I didn't know what that had meant at the time, and therefore downloaded it thinking I could just play some Minecraft Singleplayer on it. Oh don't get me wrong! This program was working fine until I realized that this was a Trojan!ZeroAccess4 Virus.
Did you remove it? I won't be able to stand it if you don't/didn't!

Lesson: Only download official versions of Minecraft. Everything else=Trojan (or MOST Likely one)
. Plus, with an unofficial version, you shouldn't be able to update it to the newest version. Either way, lesson learned, right?
Same here I downladed it then it put an add-on with a virus then the add-on said I had a virus! I was like WTF! I got rid of it with nortan and aol
(Oct. 09, 2012  1:43 AM)beybladefoever Wrote: Same here I downladed it then it put an add-on with a virus then the add-on said I had a virus! I was like WTF! I got rid of it with nortan and aol

If you used Norton and AOL, you probably didn't actually get rid of anything.
How so? we have aol clean up and norton pc checkup and norton security suite
Norton's a very good security system, actually. I was on the bandwagon with the "haters" for them until I really purchased a full year's subscription to their security. They cannot remove some major viruses like mine (which I manually did), and that was really the only complaint I could have said about it. But that was my fault, and to 李澄風, I did get rid of it.
Norton offers less protection than MSE and other free ones, and costs money to do so. Norton's also been guilty of behaving like a rootkit in the past, making it borderline impossible to remove on older versions.

It's also overzealous and tends to identify numerous peer to peer systems and anti-hacking software in games as threats.

The "haters", concerning computer software, are quite often the ones that know what they're talking about.
Just got an mystart incredibar stuff couple days ago good thing that i manage to get rid off that
Malware on IE9,firefox,chrome
You use antivirus software and so forth to identify and, if possible, quarentine and remove the infection. If it turns out to be a trojan that cannot easily be dealt with, you look for help on virus help forums.

Best case scenario, Microsoft Security Essentials blows it up within minutes. Worst case, you have to reformat your hard drive.

Welcome to the world of Viruses.
Mmm, I've re-formatted my Mac (Bootcamp - Windows 7) like 20 times .. since I oddly keep on getting viruses or something.

I did it just a while ago, because I accidentally installed some "Search Bar" Virus thing. Fantstigames or something? Tried removing it, but no luck, so I had to re-format it again as a last resort. Tired

Though, I am really glad that If my Windows Drive gets messed up, the Mac part will always be OK, so I can recover files using the Administrative Login. Smile