Complaints about the BeyLauncher

OR, have a spring in between the handle and launcher

and a metal ball shaped handle
They should NOT make the handle of metal ... it would weigh too much and someone would definitely get hurt.

I like the idea of metal prongs, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.
then how else would the handle not break easily??? Chocked_2
any suggestions???
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:42 AM)FelGrand Wrote: then how else would the handle not break easily??? Chocked_2
any suggestions???

How about the suggestions given for the past three pages?
I've read them, but I still think they would break easily though...
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:45 AM)FelGrand Wrote: I've read them, but I still think they would break easily though...

The handle being made of plastic is not why it breaks.
I never liked alternative shooters that don't include a winder in the first place. It just seems weird to me. Although the MFB winders, and shooters seem to have had a big drop off in quality compared to the HMS lines. The winders seem so flimsy, and I feared I might have stripped some of the teeth off the winder Kei lend me at HPT, that didn't happen, but still.
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They should NOT make the handle of metal ... it would weigh too much and someone would definitely get hurt.

That's a good point... It might be possible to make the handle out of a lighter metal, but the plastic is strong enough already for that part I suppose.
metal gears and pongs with a rubber handle OR use a thicker handle to grip properly
So Takara-Tomy have addressed this issue, but perhaps not in the way we had hoped. Instead of saying, "This product was poorly designed and it will be redesigned to be more durable," they've said, "You're all using it wrong."

Is that so?

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/bey...90729.html

You can see here that they show how they want you to hold it, and the three images below are how not to hold it. You may also notice that the three images are the way everyone actually uses it. Someone better tell these Takara-Tomy employees that they've been doing it wrong all along:

[Image: large]

All these images were taken from the Takara-Tomy WBBA Circle.

It is impossible to shoot it the way Takara-Tomy says to and get even close to full power from the BeyLauncher. Doing it that way, you have to decelerate before the string reaches its end or risk pulling the handle off (which I have done with the BeyLauncher-L) or the Launcher jerking in a way to make you completely miss.

Even then, what this "fix" doesn't address is the issue of the prongs that attach the Beyblade to the BeyLauncher breaking off. So if your handle doesn't break, the prongs will. It's literally inevitable.

This isn't an acceptable resolution. Takara-Tomy needs to offer a replacement for this product. The BeyLauncher needs to be redesigned so that this will not happen, and they need to replace Bladers' broken BeyLaunchers with usable ones.
I somehow doubt that changing the way you hold the handle will fix this:

Source: http://www.c-player.com/ac43609/thread/1100075527988
(Jul. 21, 2009  10:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They should NOT make the handle of metal ... it would weigh too much and someone would definitely get hurt.

Metal gears would be great. Metal prongs would be satisfactory, too, but if they made the entire Beylauncher out of Polycarbonate (like clear wheels), then... we really wouldn't be having this problem. The handles might still break, but it would take a much longer time.

We really do need like a 1500 yen launcher that has function parts made from die cast and polycarbonate. That would really solve our issues.

I still think tooth and gear is the most effective way to shoot one of these things, though.
Well if there breaking that easily I don't really think it's worth it for me, I'll probably buy one just before a tournament.
(Aug. 01, 2009  3:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So Takara-Tomy have addressed this issue, but perhaps not in the way we had hoped. Instead of saying, "This product was poorly designed and it will be redesigned to be more durable," they've said, "You're all using it wrong."

Is that so?

It is impossible to shoot it the way Takara-Tomy says to and get even close to full power from the BeyLauncher. Doing it that way, you have to decelerate before the string reaches its end or risk pulling the handle off (which I have done with the BeyLauncher-L) or the Launcher jerking in a way to make you completely miss.

Even then, what this "fix" doesn't address is the issue of the prongs that attach the Beyblade to the BeyLauncher breaking off. So if your handle doesn't break, the prongs will. It's literally inevitable.

This isn't an acceptable resolution. Takara-Tomy needs to offer a replacement for this product. The BeyLauncher needs to be redesigned so that this will not happen, and they need to replace Bladers' broken BeyLaunchers with usable ones.

In this case, the thread needs to be changed to Complaints about MFB Launchers. I have had the prongs break off Three Light Launchers from general use. Remember that I have never been to a tournament. Unhappy The prongs being made out of metal/ CPC is the way to go.
i dunno but y dont they recreate the old launchers they were pretty good just make it attach to the face like on the heavy metal series
(Aug. 02, 2009  1:28 AM)StormDriger Wrote: i dunno but y dont they recreate the old launchers they were pretty good just make it attach to the face like on the heavy metal series

... you mean like the Light Launcher does?
yeah because its easier to use coz of experience from the previous launchers
(Aug. 02, 2009  1:36 AM)StormDriger Wrote: yeah because its easier to use coz of experience from the previous launchers

... so just use the Light Launcher instead of the BeyLauncher.
yes. precisely. besides it reminds me of the time when the plastics were the craze
Carp...my light launcher is also breaking...I really think they should change their material use
(Aug. 02, 2009  1:58 AM)FelGrand Wrote: Carp...my light launcher is also breaking...I really think they should change their material use

They should. They are using ABS plastic for the shooters and Polycarbonate for the Beyblade parts themselves. They should use Polycarbonate for the shooter as well.
but wouldnt that cost more for them?Confused
(Aug. 02, 2009  2:03 AM)StormDriger Wrote: but wouldnt that cost more for them?Confused

... what's your point?
wel... most companies try to make their costs and expenses low . so they might stick to cheap ones that break. or if lots of people complain they might do it. like when pokemon fans asked for a gold and silver remake they like filled with replies 4 one then they did it
I don't really care if it's more expensive for them. I think I'd prefer they raise the price because it'll be cheaper if I don't have to buy ten of them.