Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos

You don't get to have an opinion about them if you've never used them. And to come into a topic about competitive MFB combos just to say you don't like them is definitely looking to irritate people.
(Jul. 11, 2009  9:58 PM)gavman87 Wrote: because i wanted an avatar and there were only blades so i picked this one and i really think they should still make plastics because i grew up with plastics and i really think the are showing off by adding metal

You also grew up with slow beige computers with huge carp monitors, do you want them to make them again?
(Jul. 12, 2009  1:08 AM)Mankster Wrote: You also grew up with slow beige computers with huge carp monitors, do you want them to make them again?

I would say qft but it's not a statement.
Wouldn't MF Rock Leone C145 B/WB qualify as a competitive defensive combo?
No.. Rock isn't heavy enough and would get KOed pretty easily by a combo like S. Pegasis 90RF. Rock isn't on the same level as Libra for defense.
Ok, that makes sense. Since it's not as heavy, it sounds like it would be better off as a Stamina type. I've heard people use it in a Smash Attack combo too.
smash attack? i dont think so.. but maybe for stamina with a metal face, its not that heavy and its circlular.. someone shoud test MFRockDF145D.
Rock doesn't have a smash attack, Leone (which I'm noticing is a common identity error) does but it certainly isn't comparable to a Storm or (I'm assuming) Quetz which is why it isn't up there amongst them. Leone has one that

Pegasis, if you are curious there is a thread that features a MF Rock Pegasis DF145S. I'm not the primary guy pushing for the combo, but ZenX is, maybe you guys can put your heads together on that one. On a note MF Rock DF145D which is a bottom change to the above combo basically doesn't seem like it'd make any major change from the goal of the custom. It's a decent stamina type and does better without the MF from my (somewhat extensive test), but I don't think it's quite up there amongst the mentioned competitive MFB combo's.
^ quetz doesnt have smash attack? it has force smash?
Brad is gonna kill you. He said it had Force when he first got it, after testing it is the best smash wheel.
(Jul. 12, 2009  11:40 AM)Giga Wrote: Brad is gonna kill you. He said it had Force when he first got it, after testing it is the best smash wheel.

I SAID IT LOOKED LIKE IT MAY HAVE FORCE SMASH BUT I WOULD HAVE TO TEST IT BUT EVERYONE TOOK IT AS "OMG IT DEF HAS FORCE SMASH" AND HAS BEEN REPEATING IT FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER

seriously, look at the combo, why would i use a force smash wheel on the lowest track in the game
Agreeing with me? Cause that's what I was saying.

We need a Quetz article.
i said i'll do a quetz article and i will do it sometime within the next two years
I need a Quetz Wheel :3

Brad is there any significant difference between Storm and Quetz I should be abundantly aware about? Everyone says Quetz is a better Smash Wheel than Storm and I can believe it, but being unable to test it or see it first hand I'd really like to know. It's actually quite disturbing that there's something notably superior to Storm when I find Storm itself is really consistent even in the poorer defensive match ups.
This is just speculation as I haven't got the parts just yet, but wouldn't SD be better for stamina than D?

I'm thinking that because SD is smaller, there's less plastic to hit the stadium, thus less areas with friction (So ideally raising stamina, and probability of being KO'd, but losing defense)

Is this probable? I figured that since they have the same tip shape, that's how it'd work.
lmao, sorry, i just mentioned that since i read it in some topics. i wanted to make sure so i asked. thnx for clearing tis up Smile
(Jul. 12, 2009  12:00 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Brad is there any significant difference between Storm and Quetz I should be abundantly aware about? Everyone says Quetz is a better Smash Wheel than Storm and I can believe it, but being unable to test it or see it first hand I'd really like to know. It's actually quite disturbing that there's something notably superior to Storm when I find Storm itself is really consistent even in the poorer defensive match ups.

I find Quetzalcoatl to be markedly superior to Storm, but it may just be that my playing style prefers Quetzalcoatl.

(Jul. 12, 2009  3:28 PM)Crimson Wrote: This is just speculation as I haven't got the parts just yet, but wouldn't SD be better for stamina than D?

I'm thinking that because SD is smaller, there's less plastic to hit the stadium, thus less areas with friction (So ideally raising stamina, and probability of being KO'd, but losing defense)

Is this probable? I figured that since they have the same tip shape, that's how it'd work.

I have this theory as well, but I can't say anything until I try it myself. I worry that its balance recovery while wobbling won't be as good though, which could be a serious deal-breaker.
Yeah but against Stamina beyblades.. most matches you'd win with both quetz and storm..
If Storm keeps on beating everything quetz beats too.. I see no reason to call it superior as in.. 'you have to have this blade otherwise you suck'
But performancewise.. you're probably right..
(Jul. 12, 2009  7:39 PM)Ghost Wrote: If Storm keeps on beating everything quetz beats too.. I see no reason to call it superior as in.. 'you have to have this blade otherwise you suck'
But performancewise.. you're probably right..

Did I say that?

I think Quetz gives a significantly higher chance of a KO than Storm. That's all.
Nah you didn't say that..
But I just meant it in general..
People often hype around something that is better..
But i'm more of an "if it aint broke why fix it?" type of guy..

For me storm beats everything I need it too.. so I see no reason to go to alot of trouble to get quetz..
Once it's easier accessable I'll get it ofcourse..

But does quetz have alot of upper?
Quetz does have noticeable upper, something that Storm is lacking.

When you're fighting a strong Defense combo, using Quetz over Storm can make the difference between a win and a loss.
I'm sorry for this noob question but what does SD stand for in beyblade ?
(Jul. 12, 2009  8:00 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: I'm sorry for this noob question but what does SD stand for in beyblade ?

Semi-Defense.
(Jul. 12, 2009  8:00 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: I'm sorry for this noob question but what does SD stand for in beyblade ?

SD = Semi Defense. Dark Bull's bottom.
Thoughts on:

MF (or not) Libra 105/100 B/D/WB?

I've seen this in action in a youtube video and it looks like a stable defensive combo. The low center of gravity and defensive bottom to stand its ground and the Libra Wheel makes it harder for RF combos to get underneath it.

Viable or wishful thinking?