[Clarkston, Georgia] Anyone up for a challenge?

Well, I have to go get ready to celebrate Father's Day with my family, but I'll check back in here soon and hopefully have more info to post about the tournament! Bye!
(Jun. 16, 2019  5:59 PM)vivian4.0 Wrote: My favorite bayblade is val.

Why do you like val so much?
(Jun. 16, 2019  5:59 PM)MiniterE Wrote: Quick question, I am pretty competitive is there a parent division and will we be able to compete at the event?

Hey!  Hmmmm....that might be an interesting thing to do.  As of right now, we'd only planned to have one division and all age groups would compete against each other.  Blading is no respector of age (imho), but more about skill and passion.  I think for our upcoming event, we won't have separate divisions, but this will be the first one, so we'll see how this goes and, if we need to create child and parent divisions separately, we will.  Great question, though!
Hey, everyone! I'm almost up to my requisite 50 posts to become an organizer. If I don't hit it by Friday, I'll still post information so that those of you who are interested can meet up and play for fun, and talk about what the community would like to see from Beyblade events in this area. Stay tuned...
Just got thru binge watching the first season of Beyblade burst and I think I'm ready are their any completion rules we should be aware of?
Can you say more by what you mean by "completion rules"?
Just following up MiniterE. Can you say more about what you mean by "completion rules"? I want to make sure I provide the information you're looking for if I can.
(May. 01, 2019  2:18 PM)britannaka Wrote: We'd like to host a sanctioned Beyblade tourney in Clarkston, GA on Friday, June 21, 2019.  We've already got four committed Beybladers.  Any others in this forum interested?
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:31 PM)MiniterE Wrote:
(May. 01, 2019  2:18 PM)britannaka Wrote: We'd like to host a sanctioned Beyblade tourney in Clarkston, GA on Friday, June 21, 2019.  We've already got four committed Beybladers.  Any others in this forum interested?

Are you interested in joining us for our event on this Friday 6/21?
Awesome, I am a school teacher, youth minister, and work with a lot of camps and programs (YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc) in Metro Atlanta. How can we be a part and how can we organize?
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:33 PM)MiniterE Wrote: Awesome, I am a school teacher, youth minister, and work with a lot of camps and programs (YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc) in Metro Atlanta. How can we be a part and how can we organize?

That's really cool!  We're planning on hosting a meetup this Friday at the Georgia High School eSports Invitational at DeKalb Conference Center @ Georgia Piedmont Technical College from 10am - 4pm.  If I can complete the organizer process in time, we'll try to have a formal tournament, but if not, then we'll meet as a community to gather and figure out how to best support each other.  Do you think you'll be able to join us?

(Jun. 18, 2019  2:34 PM)raohzilla Wrote: I love my idea for Phydra

Awesome!  Can you share what they are?

(May. 13, 2019  2:27 PM)SMASHING TITAN Wrote: thanks so where could i host it

I cracking up so hard bahamut

What part of town are you in?
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:34 PM)britannaka Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:33 PM)MiniterE Wrote: Awesome, I am a school teacher, youth minister, and work with a lot of camps and programs (YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, etc) in Metro Atlanta. How can we be a part and how can we organize?

That's really cool!  We're planning on hosting a meetup this Friday at the Georgia High School eSports Invitational at DeKalb Conference Center @ Georgia Piedmont Technical College from 10am - 4pm.  If I can complete the organizer process in time, we'll try to have a formal tournament, but if not, then we'll meet as a community to gather and figure out how to best support each other.  Do you think you'll be able to join us?

(Jun. 16, 2019  6:16 PM)britannaka Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2019  5:59 PM)MiniterE Wrote: Quick question, I am pretty competitive is there a parent division and will we be able to compete at the event?

Hey!  Hmmmm....that might be an interesting thing to do.  As of right now, we'd only planned to have one division and all age groups would compete against each other.  Blading is no respector of age (imho), but more about skill and passion.  I think for our upcoming event, we won't have separate divisions, but this will be the first one, so we'll see how this goes and, if we need to create child and parent divisions separately, we will.  Great question, though!

Do you think we should split out junior and adult divisions?  The rulebook doesn't say we have to, but that might be an interesting concept.  Would the adult and junior divisions ever battle each other?
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:40 PM)MiniterE Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:34 PM)britannaka Wrote: That's really cool!  We're planning on hosting a meetup this Friday at the Georgia High School eSports Invitational at DeKalb Conference Center @ Georgia Piedmont Technical College from 10am - 4pm.  If I can complete the organizer process in time, we'll try to have a formal tournament, but if not, then we'll meet as a community to gather and figure out how to best support each other.  Do you think you'll be able to join us?

Ok, I am planning on bringing my crew and I can share this with others. do you have a flyer or something I can send them?
I do have info.  I've been just writing it out in the thread so far.  I'm not sure if I posted a flyer if I would be in violation of any rules since I'm not yet an Organizer.  However the address is 495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA 30021

The meetup/event is going to be in Clarkston, but we're based out of Lithonia/Stonecrest.  Once I hit the 50 posts and pass the quiz, I'll come back through and post a flyer.  How many in your crew?  Have ya'll competed in tournaments before?
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:34 PM)britannaka Wrote:

Awesome!  Can you share what they are?           On the layer there are three dragon heads and wheels. When an opposing bey turns one of the wheels the head connected to it gets closer to the wheel 

(Jun. 18, 2019  2:45 PM)raohzilla Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:34 PM)britannaka Wrote: That's really cool!  We're planning on hosting a meetup this Friday at the Georgia High School eSports Invitational at DeKalb Conference Center @ Georgia Piedmont Technical College from 10am - 4pm.  If I can complete the organizer process in time, we'll try to have a formal tournament, but if not, then we'll meet as a community to gather and figure out how to best support each other.  Do you think you'll be able to join us?

Awesome!  Can you share what they are?           On the layer there are three dragon heads and wheels. When an opposing bey turns one of the wheels the head connected to it gets closer to the wheel @Roahzilla, that's really cool.  Do you have a drawing of it that you'd be willing to post?

(Jun. 18, 2019  2:44 PM)britannaka Wrote: I do have info.  I've been just writing it out in the thread so far.  I'm not sure if I posted a flyer if I would be in violation of any rules since I'm not yet an Organizer.  However the address is 495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA 30021

The meetup/event is going to be in Clarkston, but we're based out of Lithonia/Stonecrest.  Once I hit the 50 posts and pass the quiz, I'll come back through and post a flyer.  How many in your crew?  Have ya'll competed in tournaments before?

Ok, I understand. Is there a website where I can point them to? Also my email address is ethomas0303@gmail.com if you can send it there. 

Thanks in advance.
Yes, there is a website, MiniterE! https://www.pharaohsconclave.com/ghsei-2019

I know it says that there is a charge for tickets, but, because we're really trying to make sure the community comes out, if you're a part of the Beyblade meetup, we'll waive the fee to enter the venue.

(Jun. 18, 2019  2:48 PM)MiniterE Wrote:
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:44 PM)britannaka Wrote: I do have info.  I've been just writing it out in the thread so far.  I'm not sure if I posted a flyer if I would be in violation of any rules since I'm not yet an Organizer.  However the address is 495 N Indian Creek Dr, Clarkston, GA 30021

Ok, I understand. Is there a website where I can point them to? Also my email address is ethomas0303@gmail.com if you can send it there. 

Thanks in advance.

How many people are you expecting to bring in your crew?
I haven't drawn a picture right now I'm trying to figure out how I want the dragon heads to look I'll draw a picture once I figure that out.
Please share with your friends.

Based on my exploration of the community in the state of Georgia, there's a team out of Byron, GA that competes. I've heard of Byron, GA, but I'm not sure how far away from Atlanta it is. Does anyone know? Maybe we can invite them to come out as well.
(Jun. 18, 2019  2:50 PM)britannaka Wrote: Yes, there is a website, MiniterE!  https://www.pharaohsconclave.com/ghsei-2019

I know it says that there is a charge for tickets, but, because we're really trying to make sure the community comes out, if you're a part of the Beyblade meetup, we'll waive the fee to enter the venue.

(Jun. 18, 2019  2:48 PM)MiniterE Wrote: Ok, I understand. Is there a website where I can point them to? Also my email address is ethomas0303@gmail.com if you can send it there. 

Thanks in advance.

How many people are you expecting to bring in your crew?

Will I got 3 Kids and a lot of nieces and nephews so it could be 10+ kids and there parents. We are all competitive so the grown ups will be battling too.