Children's shows today suck.

Artie Wrote:ryan you only watch dirty jobs because you want to give Mike Rowe a dirty job

Well that's just a bonus added to the rest of the show; I actually like watching the show.

Also, I can't believe I forgot Myth Busters. D: I love that show too. <3

But anyway... I haven't paid much attention to cartoons lately, but let me tell you, Spongebob Squarepants is the carp.
in canada DC has daily planet which is new science and tech stories, really good
also im so surprised no one mentioned how its made, maybe thats only in canada 2
in all, DC is ill haha

yo bob the builder is british and cool, he's a builder(btw) like the only one in his town and like 300 gs in machinery
i remember...

franklin
little bear
Blues Clues

<3
Blue's Clues (pre-Joe) was the carp... and I was too old for it even then... XD
Artie Wrote:i remember...

franklin
little bear
Blues Clues

<3

<3 <3 <3 <3
You wanna talk British? POSTMAN PAT AND FIREMAN SAM carp!
I remember reading rainbow, under the umbrella tree, mr.dress-up, sesame st., mr.rogers' neighbourhood....

god I loved mr.dress up

*looks for other show titles she remembers watching*

wishbone, magic school bus, bill nye, arthur, where in the world is carmen san diego, the weird al show, shining time station, little bear, doug, lamb chop's play along, I vaguely remember today's special, mummy's alive, gargoyles, big comfy couch, krats creatures, animaniacs, barney, pinky and the brain, looney toons, the bugs bunny and tweety show, inspector gadget, rocko's modern life, teenage mutant ninja turtles, chip n' dale, beetle juice, ahh real mosters, angry beavers, tales from the crypt, rugrats (holy carp did i love rugrats), alvin and the chipmunks, tiny toon adventures, bobby's world..

Christ, I don't remember watching that much TV as a kid ._.; That list isn't anywhere near complete either :\

edit:
Ozuma Wrote:You wanna talk British? POSTMAN PAT AND FIREMAN SAM carp!

Definately watched those too Tongue_out
Minion Wrote:I remember reading rainbow, under the umbrella tree, mr.dress-up, sesame st., mr.rogers' neighbourhood....

god I loved mr.dress up

Ozuma Wrote:You wanna talk British? POSTMAN PAT AND FIREMAN SAM carp!

Definately watched those too Tongue_out

When I was but a wee lad my parents took me to actually SEE Mr. Dress up God was I nuts about that show. I loved Fireman Sam so much I had a pair of sweat pants with him on them when I was like 2.
minion and i watched the exact same shows evidently
carp that show ARTHUR

whenever i meet someone new, they're like. "heh...like the show?"

bane of my carp existence that little rat
Roan Wrote:But anyway... I haven't paid much attention to cartoons lately, but let me tell you, Spongebob Squarepants is the carp.

I don't understand that show, neither do I understand its fanbase. Possibly things are different in America, but down here, the primary fanbase are little kids and most high school girls.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Roan Wrote:But anyway... I haven't paid much attention to cartoons lately, but let me tell you, Spongebob Squarepants is the carp.

I don't understand that show, neither do I understand its fanbase. Possibly things are different in America, but down here, the primary fanbase are little kids and most high school girls.

Its the humor in the show. It sort of reminds me of a Pixar film. The show is without a doubt for kids but the creators/writers pack jokes and humor in that really only adults/older teens will understand and laugh at.

See: The Spongebob Movie

And no, things aren't so different here in America. Most of the Spongebob fanbase here consists of younger kids, but a lot of my friends watch the show too. Its really not that uncommon, now that I think about it. lol
Minion Wrote:I remember reading rainbow, under the umbrella tree, mr.dress-up, sesame st., mr.rogers' neighbourhood....

god I loved mr.dress up

*looks for other show titles she remembers watching*

wishbone, magic school bus, bill nye, arthur, where in the world is carmen san diego, the weird al show, shining time station, little bear, doug, lamb chop's play along, I vaguely remember today's special, mummy's alive, gargoyles, big comfy couch, krats creatures, animaniacs, barney, pinky and the brain, looney toons, the bugs bunny and tweety show, inspector gadget, rocko's modern life, teenage mutant ninja turtles, chip n' dale, beetle juice, ahh real mosters, angry beavers, tales from the crypt, rugrats (holy carp did i love rugrats), alvin and the chipmunks, tiny toon adventures, bobby's world..

Christ, I don't remember watching that much TV as a kid ._.; That list isn't anywhere near complete either :\
Bolded the stuff I remember watching and liking as well =)
I don't understand Spongebob's appeal either Nic, to be honest the people that like it up here in the great white north are like stoners... people watch it only when they are high as a carp kite... I mean maybe it makes sense then...
Spongebob Squarepants is one of my favourite shows, anyone who doesn't like it should be ashamed. It is just such a joy to watch. For me, it's one of those shows where no matter how many times you watch an episode, it is still hilarious every time.
Ozuma Wrote:I don't understand Spongebob's appeal either Nic, to be honest the people that like it up here in the great white north are like stoners... people watch it only when they are high as a carp kite... I mean maybe it makes sense then...

Yeah, I'm definitely a stoner.
Elmo Wrote:OMG

I just remembered Rupert.

LOVED it. Watched that all the time. It was taken from a popular British bookline that was more like a comic...
It was the reason why I continued living back in preschool. That and Power Rangers XD

A white bear, with a slight British accent, on an adventure. Who doesn't love that?
DUde, Oz FIREMAN sam was soo good, i loved that show, even remeber the song. Shining time station was great too, Thomas. i have a vhs video of that.
LMAOhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSWtm5Ro...re=related
Fireman Sam was Badass.

Way better than Post Man Pat
Babar.

Oh yeah, and Wish Bone, which I still have the Wishbone Plush.
And Rin Tin Tin.

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO..?
Seriously.
I still watch Babar. It's still good.
You name it, I've probably seen it.

Other stuff not mentioned:

Super Human Samurai Syber Squad (oh God!)
Older seasons of Power Rangers
X-Men
Spider-man
Ironman
The Incredible Hulk
Thundercats
Transformers G1
Fred Penner's Place
Beakman's World
Aladdin the series
Darkwing Duck (was this mentioned?)
Tale Spin (was this mentioned as well?)
Astroboy (granted it was Japanese)
Voltron (also Japanese)
Teknoman (ditto)

Also, how dare you speak ill of the yellow sponge!