CheetoBlader’s BEYBLADE Story Challenge

To compete you must post 1 chapter of your story.
To vote you must press the Like button on a story.
Who ever gets the most votes wins!
Must be BEYBLADE related.
3...2...1...Create!
(Jan. 18, 2019  3:04 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: To compete you must post 1 chapter of your story.

3...2...1...Create!

Any story?? What if it's a stand-alone story (one-shot)?
(Jan. 18, 2019  4:02 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2019  3:04 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: To compete you must post 1 chapter of your story.

3...2...1...Create!

Any story?? What if it's a stand-alone story (one-shot)?

As long as it doesn’t have more than one part or chapterSmile
Deleted for convenience! Moved.
(Jan. 18, 2019  2:53 PM)zowen88 Wrote: Why not?

So, I've been working on a serial graphic novel (comic book series effectively...just really wordy) entitled "Silent Flight" for a couple of years now.  I hope to release the full story within the next few years.
Here is the first issue without illustration.

SILENT FLIGHT:

(Interior of Khepri 1)
Captain’s Log Day 17

Years ago I dreamed of  who I would be when I was an adult. Now I dream of the days I spent as a child. The faultless naivety of an underdeveloped mind incapable of understanding the ramifications of hasty decisions. Those innocent days, exploring the world with an open mind and a desire to see everything. Now, I’ve seen more than I care for of this world and I can’t replace the stagnant pillars of humanity with a fresh and blossoming ideal spring. The sprawling canker of development across a once virginal landscape, betraying its sole purpose to spur humanity on in unison, cities arose out of necessity to protect us and now this great burden of society has grown too much for the foundation to support. We are past the tipping point; the whole construct is falling, and just like the world turning under their feet, nobody can feel it.

I could have followed those dreams I had as a child and become some great mover and shaker. I could have made this place right and helped humanity inch a little closer to the brink of immortality. Now the future is dim and there is no ray of light that will illuminate the darkened corners of destiny. The pillars are crumbling and only those who see the cracks spreading will escape in time. I’ve already made arrangements for my departure. I will find a new land, and like the great explorers, change the fate of humanity. This is my chance to redeem myself in the eyes of my inner child.

(Interior of Khepri 1)
Captain’s Log Day 206

I can’t say whether it was desire or disgust that drove me to leave the world I knew behind, but the prospect of a new land and a new history devoid of the disastrous mistakes of humanity was enticing. Without any certainty of success I resolved to dive through the dark waters of time and space to find the light that humanity lost long ago.  It isn’t out of a desire to rule but a desire to be free that I set my blind course for the heavens. In the vastness of space stretching ever closer to an infinite sea there are innumerable worlds.

I aimed for nothing and shot out into the cosmos. Hoping to escape the increasing grasp of man and all of his influence, the uncharted space where “nothing” is recorded is the only place where mankind has not gone. Regular interplanetary travel began after the invention of faster than light travel, a development that seemed like science fiction even the day before its discovery, and interstellar travel followed soon after. Months later, our solar system…our galaxy…our cluster got much smaller. Every imaginable possibility was within our clutches. In the blink of an eye we had endless worlds to decide the value of. Our own, the home of our species, is the most valuable; you can never change where you came from.  It was just days ago that I realized there was no going back.

A panic washed over me with all of the subtlety of a landslide. You see, reality is the tepid water of our consciousness finding normality in the deluge of sensory input that we endure daily. The blood flow to your eyes causes them to swell slightly with the rhythm of your heart but you don’t notice it because our brains have adapted to compensate for it and our minds filter it out. This is the sort of reality I am talking about. We don’t actually feel everything we sense. When something comes along and disturbs our quiet little pond, the surface tension breaks and our little dingy on the water starts sinking and panic takes hold.

In the night as you walk back to your bed from the bathroom in the dark, blinded you feel your way back using familiar objects. The night after you’ve rearranged your room however, you wake up in a haze and your mind assembles a map of what should have been there to guide you. Suddenly there are new obstacles that aren’t on your map. You walk the path you’ve always taken but your feet fail to account for the nice new dresser that you purchased earlier that day and in an instant your pinky toe is smashed into the beautiful mahogany chest of drawers that you just had to have. In this room that you trusted just seconds ago, you are now alone and in pain wishing you could go back just a moment earlier to correct your path. Blindly you feel around to anchor yourself to some sense of normality and eventually you get a hold of the bed, right yourself, and then curse your throbbing toe.

After sleeping for a time rivaled only by Rip Van Winkle, I awoke in a daze to the sound of my rear-thruster being shorn off by an errant meteoroid. I had been blindly traveling through a vast and clear patch of the sky whose emptiness I took for granted. Now I had stubbed my toe in a serious way and unfortunately in space there is no bed to grab onto.

The clear and gentle waters of my mind became a murky raging sea. My brain was no longer filtering out sensory input and every blinking light felt like a warning. Every beep and ping was a fire alarm. Every inch of my skin felt bruised and torn. Reality crawled back into me and I was aware of the very real peril I am now suffering. I am effortlessly drifting into nothing. There is no turning back.
I meant a BEYBLADE related story
(Jan. 18, 2019  6:23 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I meant a BEYBLADE related story

Ah. Well, that wasn't specified anywhere.

I'm leaving it.
(Jan. 18, 2019  8:21 PM)zowen88 Wrote:

I'm leaving it.

I really liked the prose and the writing style of yours!! Even if it wasnt Beyblade-related
(Jan. 18, 2019  8:21 PM)zowen88 Wrote:

I'm leaving it.

Please delete it you can make your own thread for it.
(Jan. 18, 2019  10:38 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2019  8:21 PM)zowen88 Wrote: Ah. Well, that wasn't specified anywhere.

I'm leaving it.

Please delete it you can make your own thread for it.
*sigh* Alright, but please edit your original post. Someone even asked you directly if the story could be about *anything* and you said yes.
(Jan. 18, 2019  4:24 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2019  4:02 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Any story?? What if it's a stand-alone story (one-shot)?

As long as it doesn’t have more than one part or chapterSmile
(Jan. 18, 2019  10:41 PM)zowen88 Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2019  10:38 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Please delete it you can make your own thread for it.
*sigh* Alright, but please edit your original post. Someone even asked you directly if the story could be about *anything* and you said yes.
(Jan. 18, 2019  4:24 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: As long as it doesn’t have more than one part or chapterSmile
There done
(Jan. 18, 2019  10:41 PM)zowen88 Wrote:
(Jan. 18, 2019  10:38 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Please delete it you can make your own thread for it.
(Jan. 18, 2019  4:24 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: As long as it doesn’t have more than one part or chapterSmile

"Stand alone," as in a one-part BEYBLADE story I wrote
This takes place a year before Beyblade Burst Fusion.

Standalone Chapter 1: Rising From It’s Ashes!
Jan 19 for our country my dear!!! Very cool stiy
(Jan. 19, 2019  1:48 AM)Al Edison Wrote: Jan 19 for our country my dear!!! Very cool stiy

Im confused. What does this have to do with the thread?
The challenge ends on February 14th Smile
(Jan. 20, 2019  10:15 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The challenge ends on February 14th Smile

Mind if I post my story again? It got meshed up with my other post (with the blue line)

I'll delete the previous one as well
(Jan. 20, 2019  10:37 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2019  10:15 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The challenge ends on February 14th Smile

Mind if I post my story again? It got meshed up with my other post (with the blue line)

I'll delete the previous one as well

Ok but delete the other one
“Power For Me”

Okay here is the scoreboard so far:

1st Place: @[XSabxManiacX] and @[Dt20000] tied with 2 likes
2nd place: no one else entered :p
Hi
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:43 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Okay here is the scoreboard so far:

1st Place: @[XSabxManiacX] and @[Dt20000] tied with 2 likes

Actually, XSabxManiacX lost a vote, which I believe puts me in first, yay ?
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:46 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Hi
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:43 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Okay here is the scoreboard so far:

1st Place:  @[XSabxManiacX] and @[Dt20000] tied with 2 likes

No I am counting the first post because Geardini probably didn’t see it so you are still tied
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:48 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:46 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Hi

No I am counting the first post because Geardini probably didn’t see it so you are still tied

Oh, okay
The contest ends in about 2 weeks! If you want to enter do it now!

@[Dt20000] and @[XSabxManiacX] are tied again with 3 likes each!
This is my own story about the Element-X beys from turbo.

A meteor colored green was flying through space and crashed down here on earth during the prehistoric times for Beyblades. Once the meteor landed lots of Beyblades got killed but …………………………………………………………. not killed. They has elemental powers, color and type changes, SLINGSHOCK TIPS!!!!! It was all called ...…………………. Element-X.
After their discovery, bladers from around the globe searched and searched and searched for the beys but more came and came and came and came and now, today these beys are worth from $15-50.