Chassis - 1D

Description:
1D is a small single chassis designed for use with disks to compensate for the lower weight it has than the much heavier double chassis.
Unlike the heavier 1S, it has tall teeth increasing its burst resistance.
Its class as the lightest chassis at the time of writing makes it heavily outclassed, and its use with disks cannot compensate for its crippling light weight.
The only reason to use this over a much better chassis is if the burst risk from the previous chassis outweighs the fact it is so light.

Overall
1D would be a very useful part due to its great burst resistance, but it's very light weight holds it back and holds back almost every combo it is in.
As such, it is recommended for collection purposes only.
yeah less metal but better teeth compared to 1S
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:54 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: yeah less metal but better teeth compared to 1S
Yeah, but it's just too light compared to other chassis to be competitive.
(Feb. 11, 2021  10:36 PM)Kaden_Hoot Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:54 PM)sushiroll1234 Wrote: yeah less metal but better teeth compared to 1S

yeah, 1S and 4A are competitive single chassis's
(Feb. 09, 2021  11:52 PM)Kaden_Hoot Wrote: Description:
1D is a small single chassis designed for use with disks to compensate for the lower weight it has than the much heavier double chassis.
Unlike the heavier 1S, it has tall teeth increasing its burst resistance.
Its class as the lightest chassis at the time of writing makes it heavily outclassed, and its use with disks cannot compensate for its crippling light weight.
The only reason to use this over a much better chassis is if the burst risk from the previous chassis outweighs the fact it is so light.

Overall
1D would be a very useful part due to its great burst resistance, but it's very light weight holds it back and holds back almost every combo it is in.
As such, it is recommended for collection purposes only.

Weight is very important, but I am sure you could sacrifice some for more burst resistance
(Feb. 11, 2021  10:36 PM)Kaden_Hoot Wrote:

That's true, but do remember that single chassis can be paired with disks. Most notably, Wheel. On a combo not using a dash driver, I would think that something like Wheel 1D would be quite usable.
BladerGem is definitly right...Although I do prefer 1S
(Feb. 11, 2021  11:21 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2021  10:36 PM)Kaden_Hoot Wrote: Yeah, but it's just too light compared to other chassis to be competitive.

That's true, but do remember that single chassis can be paired with disks. Most notably, Wheel. On a combo not using a dash driver, I would think that something like Wheel 1D would be quite usable.

Yeah I’ve heard something along those lines about 1D as well. I feel like 1D is definitely a decent part, it’s more like people just don’t believe 1D can be competitive. From my experience it can have some decent usage on Tempest.
i personally dont think 1D is that bad. maybe a few grams lighter but im willing to take that risk for extra burst resistance.
(Feb. 12, 2021  12:37 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2021  11:21 PM)BladerGem Wrote: That's true, but do remember that single chassis can be paired with disks. Most notably, Wheel. On a combo not using a dash driver, I would think that something like Wheel 1D would be quite usable.

Yeah I’ve heard something along those lines about 1D as well. I feel like 1D is definitely a decent part, it’s more like people just don’t believe 1D can be competitive. From my experience it can have some decent usage on Tempest.

(Feb. 12, 2021  12:38 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: i personally dont think 1D is that bad. maybe a few grams lighter but im willing to take that risk for extra burst resistance.

I 100% agree. If you're using a Wheel 1S combo with like, Zone'+Z or Destroy' (or any dash driver, really) then 1S is a straight upgrade to 1D, no doubt about it. But for combos that are more burst-prone, or make use of drivers that either have weaker springs or don't have a ' variant, 1D should still be a solid choice, at least on paper.
(Feb. 12, 2021  2:18 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Feb. 12, 2021  12:37 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah I’ve heard something along those lines about 1D as well. I feel like 1D is definitely a decent part, it’s more like people just don’t believe 1D can be competitive. From my experience it can have some decent usage on Tempest.

(Feb. 12, 2021  12:38 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: i personally dont think 1D is that bad. maybe a few grams lighter but im willing to take that risk for extra burst resistance.

I 100% agree. If you're using a Wheel 1S combo with like, Zone'+Z or Destroy' (or any dash driver, really) then 1S is a straight upgrade to 1D, no doubt about it. But for combos that are more burst-prone, or make use of drivers that either have weaker springs or don't have a ' variant, 1D should still be a solid choice, at least on paper.

Ok then! I'll change it to this:

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Description:[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1D is a small single chassis designed for use with disks to compensate for the lower weight it has than the much heavier double chassis.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Unlike the heavier 1S, it has tall teeth increasing its burst resistance.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Its class as the lightest chassis at the time of writing makes it heavily outclassed, and its use with disks cannot compensate for its crippling light weight.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The only reason to use this over a much better chassis is if the burst risk from the previous chassis outweighs the fact it is so light.[/font]

[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Overall[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1D would be a very useful part due to its great burst resistance, but it's very light weight holds it back.[/font]
[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It is still used with Wheel when a ' variant driver is unavailable.[/font]
As such, it is a welcome addition to a blader's collection.
1D is light, and it has a bit better teeth than 1S. However, even when using wheel and xtend+ Or atomic or something you could still use 1S by giving the combo Lucifer 2 which has rubber like the gen weight. If ur using wheel and a non dash driver on e LEFTSPIN, then maybe use a chassis like 2B or 2S instead. 1D sucks and has no use at all competetive wise.