Cell Phones

Wtf is with you text machines?

I don't really see the point of it. You have a phone. The person you're sending a message to has a phone. Why not just call them?

I understand there are certain exceptions such as when you're in class and can't very well pull out a phone and carry on a conversation, but if you have to resort to text messages to talk to someone in class chances are you shouldn't be doing it anyway. lol

I just don't get the whole fad. :\
When you're in a crowded train or in public, generally, people don't like to talk loudly. SMS-ing is more... private.

Also, sms has the advantage of being there until the person has time to see it. For example, to text it to a person, and you can wait until the person replies when he/she is free. Calls have to be an on-the-moment thing. When I need to settle things with immediate reply, I'll call. Otherwise, I'll sms.

Roan Wrote:but if you have to resort to text messages to talk to someone in class chances are you shouldn't be doing it anyway. lol
Sure as hell doesn't stop all the students =P
Texting is too much of a pain in the carp if your phone doesn't have a QWERTY.
Don't you guys have fast-type/phone dictionary/whatever it's called over there? When you just key in the numbers corresponding to the letter then the phone works out what you want to say?
Yes, but I hate using it as nine times out of ten it comes up with the wrong word. D:
Yeah, when I'm at work, I'm always texting, since it's annoying to work and talk unless it's on speakerphone, which is still aggravating ("WHAT DID YOU SAY?! HUH")

My old phone had T9, which makes texting way easier. And when you do it a lot, your phone learns what you're going to say.
I have a QWERY phone, but it's old as heck. It's cool though since you just flip it and there's a keyboard Smile

I don't have unlimited texting so I'm lending it to my friend since he does and his other phone got stolen.
QWERTY*?

I got a T-Mobile Stripe yesterday. It looks decent for a pay-as-you-go phone =/
Tamer Brad Wrote:Texting is too much of a pain in the carp if your phone doesn't have a QWERTY.

Lol my phone has T9, makes it really easy to text with normal phone keys

I could probably type this message in this post in less than 10 secs on my phone

Nic: I got mine in early June
dude that is FAST..imo
carp i think texting makes a lot of sense, but im so slow at it. nic how much would your monthly bill be in CND $
t9 is good, but there are a few cases where it pissed me right off, suffixes
T9 > QWERTY, definitely.

9 keys are way easier than 30+
BlueSZK Wrote:dude that is FAST..imo
carp i think texting makes a lot of sense, but im so slow at it. nic how much would your monthly bill be in CND $

Monthly... about S$20+ or so, which translates to about CND$14+?

All you people complaining about T9

Try using it in an Asian environment full of phonetics for chinese, dialects, malay and indian words. Somehow we can pull through using the english only dictionary supplied on the phone.
King of Darkness Wrote:
John Wrote:[Image: 5200.jpg]

Nokia 5200
Using this one as well, blue instead of red though.

My mom bought it for me some months ago. I was fine with my old one (Nokia 3100), since I don't really bother about it being able to do a ton of stuff or not and I rarely used it, but she thought about making me a surprise.

I like it in the blue, I'm trying to buy another cover for it. =]
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
BlueSZK Wrote:dude that is FAST..imo

Monthly... about S$20+ or so, which translates to about CND$14+?

All you people complaining about T9

Try using it in an Asian environment full of phonetics for chinese, dialects, malay and indian words. Somehow we can pull through using the english only dictionary supplied on the phone.

I new it, providers here are simply greedy, I get 200 minutes anytime for $20, texts are 15c or 100 for $5 (however this is cheapest mobile provider in canada)
I have white version of this phone. Honestly, I don't use it that much, my parents just wanted me to have one. One awesome thing though is that my ring tone is the Super Mario Bros. theme. :-p
BlueSZK Wrote:I new it, providers here are simply greedy, I get 200 minutes anytime for $20, texts are 15c or 100 for $5 (however this is cheapest mobile provider in canada)

Rip. Off.
word eh. I want your provider to come to canada Unhappy.
also it worth noting that I know many people that pay from $50to well over 100 every month. AND they are on contract for 2-3 years.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
BlueSZK Wrote:I new it, providers here are simply greedy, I get 200 minutes anytime for $20, texts are 15c or 100 for $5 (however this is cheapest mobile provider in canada)

Rip. Off.

Canada has some of the worst wireless service in the world, Nic.
What about america. What's it like there?
Composer of Requiems Wrote:What about america. What's it like there?

Better, but still awful compared to everywhere else.
Bush ought to do something about it.
Mr. Toto Wrote:[Image: lg_verizon_chocolate.jpg]
got this carp for FREE, bitches

Did you just sign up with Verison or something?
Nope. My 10-year-old sister bought a pink one, and she was able to get another one free of charge, so she gave it to me.
Mr. Toto Wrote:got this carp for FREE, bitches

I hate you. Give me one too.