Cell Phones

I have a semi-old model (as in about two years ago) but it does everything I want it to and I still think it's pretty stylish. Also, it's reeeed. 8)

[Image: samsung-e370-red.jpg]

It has a camera (which I never use) and a decent sounding mp3 player (which I also never use). As long as it looks alright and makes calls, I don't care too much about my mobile.
Roan Wrote:Also, besides a camera, I think all of these new built in features in phones are totally retarded. I have an MP3 player with way more storage and much better sound quality than a phone ever thought about having.
my cellphone has better sound quality than my iPod Shuffle (the latest gen of iPod shuffle), and just as much space (1GB)

edit: woops sorry for dp
My phone is practically 5 years old, it's been dropped, slammed, thrown. Left out in the cold alot in the elements, rained on. Antenna broken, refixed, broken again.

God I love my non-updated Samsung.
my phone doesn't even have a camera...
but the buttons light up Smile
Tamer Brad Wrote:As an Apple fan, I really don't like the iPhone very much. I have a laptop to do all the things it does except for phone calls.

My dream phone:

[Image: 05.jpg]

I've friends using that. I really liked the design of the phone and the advertisements accompanying it, but unfortunately it was a Nokia.

Silver Kane Wrote:Sony Ericsson W880i

[Image: 331019.jpg]

Do you find the buttons hard to press?

Hmm I'm getting the impression of a very large cultural difference. Am I correct to infer that in the states, cell phones have a very small significance?
[Image: 6133_03_high.jpg]

great camera
good music manager
excellent photo viewer
sub-par internet sevice
Tamer Brad Wrote:As an Apple fan, I really don't like the iPhone very much. I have a laptop to do all the things it does except for phone calls.

My dream phone:

[Image: 05.jpg]

Figures you'd like a phone marketed towards girls. Tongue_out

Joking aside, my sister used to have the pink version of that phone. She said the reception is horrible, and replaced it rather quickly. I suggest looking for something else.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Silver Kane Wrote:Sony Ericsson W880i

[Image: 331019.jpg]

Do you find the buttons hard to press?
Not at all, I don't understand why so many reviews said they were hard to press, I've never had a problem with it
Nic, you'd be right in that assumption. Also consider that North American cellular networks are carp compared to the rest of the world.

At least we don't have The Stomp.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Hmm I'm getting the impression of a very large cultural difference. Am I correct to infer that in the states, cell phones have a very small significance?

I notice this as well, even if I'm in the states.

In places such as the Philippines, practically everyone has a phone. Everywhere I went and all the people I saw, they were on their phone (usually texting at high speeds lol).

Here where I live, I only see a few people (including teenagers) take out their phones in a WEEK.
John Wrote:[Image: 5200.jpg]
Nokia 5200

This is the one my sister now has.

I've been meaning to get a new one myself.
http://www.helio.com/page?p=device_demo_...demo_ocean

I have this. Don't you dare call it a phone!
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:http://www.helio.com/page?p=device_demo_...demo_ocean

i hear its a piece of carp
John Wrote:[Image: 5200.jpg]

Nokia 5200
Using this one as well, blue instead of red though.

My mom bought it for me some months ago. I was fine with my old one (Nokia 3100), since I don't really bother about it being able to do a ton of stuff or not and I rarely used it, but she thought about making me a surprise.
I don't even have a cell phone.
I had to get one for college because my parents are worrywarts. I got a Motorola V360 and I don't like it. I kinda want a Sony Ericson because of how amazing the camera is.
Ozuma Wrote:I had to get one for college because my parents are worrywarts. I got a Motorola V360 and I don't like it. I kinda want a Sony Ericson because of how amazing the camera is.

I'd like to get a camera because I hear there's a pretty good built-in camera.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:I had to get one for college because my parents are worrywarts. I got a Motorola V360 and I don't like it. I kinda want a Sony Ericson because of how amazing the camera is.

I'd like to get a camera because I hear there's a pretty good built-in camera.

Well my phone is free anyway and it's 2 birds with one stone if I get an Ericson.
Artie Wrote:

Wrong
ocean

why even bother insulting it?
Motorola V361. My parents gave me it, it works well enough, not really a need for me to get another one. At least until this one craps out. Not sure what I'll get in that situation.
BlueSZK Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

Wrong
ocean

why even bother insulting it?

i was kidding

because cell phones are serious business

If you want camera, just go for the K series.

Silver Kane Wrote:Not at all, I don't understand why so many reviews said they were hard to press, I've never had a problem with it

When did you get it? My mom bought one of these when it first came out, and the buttons were hard as hell to press. But other people who bought it later also told me it was alright, so I'm wondering whether they fixed the problem in subsequent releases.

Tamer Brad Wrote:Nic, you'd be right in that assumption. Also consider that North American cellular networks are carp compared to the rest of the world.

At least we don't have The Stomp.

Stomp is the hideout of the old folk's mafia.

But seriously... what do kids do in class then? I mean, other than studying? Here, in any half-decent class, text messages tend to go all over. Any student cell phone subscription plan worth considering includes a minimum of 1000 free sms per month, and usually overshoots. Do you teenagers not communicate when you're away from each other?
Dude, I'm a damn text fiend.

I have unlimited. I use at least 3000 a month.