Cause Hes a Dark Gangsta

Who would rob the mafia?
Again, with the bus, all this is happening with a mafia bank being the root.
Also, I used to have an explanation for the sky hook but I forgot it.
(Aug. 08, 2008  2:18 AM)Roan Wrote: Man its a movie, all kinds of ridiculous stuff like this happens all the time.

When I made my comment about the movie being realistic, I wasn't calling it the end-all realism experience. There are a lot of things that happen that probably couldn't in real life (SPOILERS: For instance, the Sky Hook. How could Bruce Wayne pay someone to fly a huge airplane like that that close to a building without being brought down by Chinese air control? END SPOILERS).

My point was that as far as these things go in super hero movies, The Dark Knight has the least amount of them and the ones that ARE there aren't that unbelievable.

Its not just super hero movies that are guilty of this. Besides, when I watched the film for the first time I didn't notice nor care about these sort of things. When its a Batman film, or any super hero film for that matter, you kind of go in expecting at least a few unrealistic events to occur.

They actually explain the Sky-Hook in the film. The guys that flew him in had a way of smuggling stuff in below the radar or some-such. And the Sky Hook is actually a real utility used in real life. Whether it would work on a human being, I had read it was used to grab items not people, is questionable.

"
Again, with the bus, all this is happening with a mafia bank being the root. "

That's the thing. Were all of the customers in the bank mafia members? They looked pretty typical. A couple old white ladies, a few old men. No, not really. THROUGH the goons we find out it is a mafia run bank, it's not readily apparent that it is. So we can assume that if those regular people don't know it's a mafia bank, than neither would/should the stream of traffic driving by. Listen, I don't pretend to know how a mafia bank is run and I don't know how many guards there should be. But for a building as big as was shown in the film, you'd have more than one guard. It'd be hard to knock up by four guys.

Yes, a superhero movie will have suspension of disbelief. That's all well and good and expected. However at times lazy writing shines through and it does bear an effect on the film.
I didn't get to see this movie, as cinemas were too expensive and I didn't have any time to go anyways. I loved Batman Begins, and I already read the plot summary for Dark Knight somewhere. It must be amazing, since so many people have Joker sigs/avatars.

Is it still running in theaters (America)?
Yeah around NY it is.
Finally got to see this again today. Not in IMAX, but its still awesome.

Definitely purchasing this on Blu-Ray. And I'm not usually one to buy movies after I've seen them.