Cause Hes a Dark Gangsta

jasonresno Wrote:above average summer flick

B+

you're going to be killed
jasonresno is an idiot and is not to be listened to EVER AGAIN
i know i'm gonna get killed. don't care. loved the movie, but i evaded the bat-fever enough to view it without any preconceptions.
Serious

I wasn't that hyped up for the movie before seeing it, but come on, it is way better than a "B+" no matter which way you look at it.
not gonna get into this on another forum. i liked it but i would put movies i liked alot better in the a range. there are things i disliked a film. its my opinion. that's that. you guys liked it more than me, you guys can give it an "a" or a "perfect" or a "masterpiece" but to me it was just a really good summer film.
so the brilliant acting does nothing for you
AnnieDuck Wrote:jasonresno is an idiot and is not to be listened to EVER AGAIN

AnnieDuck Wrote:so the brilliant acting does nothing for you

not gonna be baited into an argument. i'd say if the acting did "nothing" for me, it would be a lot lower than a b+
AnnieDuck Wrote:jasonresno is an idiot and is not to be listened to EVER AGAIN

Please try to keep the fighting to a minimum, I understand you're being facetious but others may not and we need to enforce the new rules.
I actually agree with Jason. Was a great movie, but not crazy amazing for me. I think a B+ is fair. Without Heath my rating would be lower too.
i still do NOT like the bat-voice, ugh.

he sounds ridiculous (and yes, I realize why he needs one)
Artie Wrote:i still do NOT like the bat-voice, ugh.

he sounds ridiculous (and yes, I realize why he needs one)

LOL

RAWR GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

I think that is pretty accurate Tongue_out

I think I'm more fascinated by what is going on "after" The Dark Knight. There is an absolute storm brewing on IMDB. Suddenly there are "film gangs" there. There is The Dark Knight gang (who are all voting down The Godfather by giving it 1's, and voting up TDK by giving it 10s), The Godfather Gang (who just got pissed off by losing the 1 spot and losing it to "shady circumstances"), and the Shawshank Redemption Gang (who are just happy to be there and above The Godfather somehow).

Another thing that floors me is that there is no black and white with this film. If you don't love the movie like your child than...no matter how legit you feel your reasons are and even if you still like the film...you get bashed by the fanbase. It's weird.
is all of that really happening, my god IMDB is a hilarious farce
Jasonresno, you're straight trippin' boo.

I wouldn't go so far as to say this is the best movie ever made, but I certainly feel its better than a "B+".

It definitely outclasses every super hero film that's come before it and I think that's why its getting such recognition. Couple that with Heath Ledger's passing and obviously the hype for this movie is bananas, but I still think its a great film and I think you're only saying that sort of stuff to stir up trouble.
1)why would i randomly try to stir up trouble on a beyblade site?
2)i liked the movie and a b+ for a superhero movie is pretty damn good.
3)what basis is there that i'm doing it to stir up trouble? if i wanted to stir up trouble i'd say stuff like:

the dark knight is only getting good reviews cause heath ledger died
or
jack nicholson>heath ledger
or
batman '89>the dark knight

etc etc.
The reason I said that is because you aren't bringing up anything to back up your opinion.

Why do you think its only a B+? Thus far you have yet to really explain it.

In other words, you said something just to get people fired up. Congrats on a job well done.
Even ignoring the fact that he's dead, Ledger's performance is one of the most genuinely terrifying things I have ever seen in a theatre.
A B+ is still a pretty high score, especially considering that's about 87-89 points out of 100. The only negative thing Jason's said about it was that he didn't consider it a masterpiece--he still called it a good movie. The way people are responding, you'd think he gave it a D or something.

I don't think we should get angry about what other people think about a movie. Everyone's going to take something different away from it.
Exactly. The reason I'm not bringing out a huge list of reasons why I don't think it is perfect is because if I did so: All you are going to do is give me a huge list on why it is wrong. And we are back to square one. Listen. I can respect the fact that you think the movie is perfect. You'll just have to accept the fact that I only think the film is "very good." Purely curious: what would you give the film out of 100?

I think you'll just have to be content with the fact that someone out there did not like the movie as much as you.

I think it is very telling that an 89/100 and "i liked the movie a ton" is deemed as "trying to start trouble" and that I "need to explain my rating". What is so bad about that? It is closer to IMDBs average than a 10/10 is.

I guess a decent analogy is this:

You are dating your girl. You love her more than anything. You think she is absolutely gorgeous and the prettiest woman on the planet. You introduce her to me. You ask me what I think of her. I say: She was nice. That's it. Nothing bad. Nothing amazingly fantastic. Why? She's your girlfriend and not mine. It's ok for you to think she's the best thing ever. She's just not my best thing ever.

Listen. I don't want to argue. I don't want to flame. I do not want this to go on forever. If I wanted to start trouble (I can't believe an 89/100 is "trying to start trouble") I would do more than say "It's just my opinion, I don't want to fight about it."

If your Dark Knight loving heart really can't go on without me justifying my 89/100 (because that rating is so terrible :eyerollsSmile than I'll explain myself. But it becomes moot because you won't read or care about my reasons. You will follow up with reasons why my reasons are not legit. This isn't the first forum I've not followed the unwritten rule of TDK.
hey mach as much as I love the Dark Knight (this is my topic) Jason, its cool.

to every one grilling. carp OFF.
wtf I hate when I see that some people opinions are just beat into submission on this forum.
Thanks Blue and Mr. Toto. And Roan I understand where you're coming from. You love the movie and I don't love it as much. That's fine though. We're all different people with different opinions.

This is honestly what I hate about the TDK phenomenon. You can't just like the movie. You have to love it to the nth degree.

I just like it. That's it.

Maybe this is odd too but I love Batman Begins. A whole lot more than The Dark Knight. Begins is much slower, more thoughtful, and truly develops everything that happens and is set to happen in Nolans univers. But it just feels like TDK took that, put it in a blender on high, and than filmed the results.
I'm honestly not trying to attack your opinion man.

And if you had brought something up you didn't like about it I was honestly planning on saying something like "Ok, I can respect that. Thanks for bringing it up."

I just found it a little odd that you were saying it wasn't as good as everyone hyped it to be and then not giving a reason why you thought so. Sorry if it came across any other way.

Like I said myself, I don't think the movie was perfect either. And to answer your question I'd probably give the movie a 93/100 because there were a couple of things that I didn't like as well, such as the end of the movie (it starts to drag a little and probably should've been trimmed down a bit) but the positives far outweighed the negatives in my opinion.

To all of you jumping down my throat: relax. I wasn't trying to cause drama.
I never said it wasn't "living up to the hype". I just said it was a solid movie that I'd give a B+, but I don't think it's a masterpiece.

I find it interesting that our difference in rating is only 4 points yet this whole scene came up because of it.. I regret not fleshing out my opinion more but I'm used to the typical TDK fan (for example, annieducks immediate response of "you're an idiot") as can be seen in its morbid glory on the IMDB Dark Knight board.

I enjoyed the movie. It was fun. It certainly did an admirable job considering the hype and circumstance. With that said: Is it my favorite movie? No. Do I consider it a modern masterpiece? No. At the end of the day it's an action flick with some occasionally interesting conversation and situations. It's nothing new. It's nothing that hasn't been done to death. In fact Spiderman mirrors TDK in a lot of ways (minus the sweet actors: bale, ledger, freeman, cain, eckhart). It's a typical story of the anti-hero. The guy that is in the right but has to be hated on to do his job. For me, in my own personal opinion, that's it.

I guess to give an insight into what I think are truly great films I'll list a few and why I think so:

The Darjeeling Limited:
-Quirky. Witty. Dry. Deep. It embraces the human condition and tells a story with what it doesn't say and do. Wes Anderson is a genuis. No gun fights. No slapstick. No explosions. Complex characters portrayed through pseudo realistic and identifiable situations

In Bruges:
-Stars Colin Ferrel and Ralph Fiennes. Didn't get a huge release. I wouldn't call it a comedy or an action flick...I wouldn't even call it drama. It is an odd mixture of dark humor, a tiny bit of action, and a great look into the human perspective. The whole film is incredible from beginning to finish. I cannot summarize effectively enough. Just check it out.

Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz
-I don't think anyone hasn't heard of this film. Absolutely brilliant mix of satire, action, drama, and flat out humor.

The Usual Suspects
-This is a must see. It's another crime film with a really good cast. The twist in this film pretty much sets the precedent for all good twists. Story telling and narrative at its finest. No useless explosions. No useless scenes to get a cheap laugh. No "sexy" actor to bring in appeal from certain demographics. Just a good film with a talented list.

Anyways, that's just a peak into what I think are real "masterpieces" in their respective genre. I know to most they aren't "perfect" films, and they aren't to me, but they represent what I think a film needs to truly be great.
jasonresno Wrote:I find it interesting that our difference in rating is only 4 points yet this whole scene came up because of it.. I regret not fleshing out my opinion more but I'm used to the typical TDK fan (for example, annieducks immediate response of "you're an idiot") as can be seen in its morbid glory on the IMDB Dark Knight board.

Its cool man, no hard feelings.

I understand that I liked the movie a lot more than most people, but I am admittedly a crazed Batman fan, so I take that with a grain of salt. lol
It's cool man, no big deal and no harm done.