Categories for Bey classifications?

I've been finding it a little difficult to navigate the Wiki. I was trying to find parts for a Bey I want to build, but the way things are currently set up doesn't make that easy. While I found what I think are the best parts for what I'm going for, I had to analyze almost every MFB system part and bey on the site!

So I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if all of the parts and all of the beys for a specific class were in one place? As in, categories for Attack, Defense, and Stamina? Doing this for beys would be simple, as most (if not all) of them are already categorized on their respective pages. Parts would have to be much more complex though, and would definitely take a lot longer to complete. I would suggest that each part would be assigned to the type that it is most useful for. If it can be used well in two classes (For example, a WD tip could be used for both Defense and Stamina customizations), then go ahead and put it in both categories.

So yeah, what do you think? Any suggestions as to improve on this?
We just do not see Beyblades like that here ... As you mentioned, most parts have uses in more than one 'type', plus it can get confusing with the official companies classifying a part as X while here we know that it is only good in Y, for instance, but people would probably be looking for it in X.

Did you even use the Beyblade Parts List and the separate Track List and Bottom List in your search ? It should have been easy to find what you were looking for with them.
I did use the parts lists, actually. I'm not saying that they aren't useful. I'm a total beginner and, as I searched, found myself becoming more familiar with the parts. However, when you're looking for something a bit more specific (for example, a bottom useful in stamina types) it's harder to figure out which one will go with the rest of your bey when you have to sift through every single bottom available. Maybe it would be better to call the idea a list of customization /suggestions./ Then again, maybe a list of suggestions is a bad idea for a Wiki

I know that doing this for parts is probably unrealistic, since it would require so much extra work and debate among the community as to which parts would go where. I think extra categories for Beyblade classifications would still be effective though, as it would steer you in the right direction if you're looking for new attack-type beys or parts. The Beyblades are already in these groups, it would just be bringing them all together on one page. Maybe even put the list right on the pages for the different classifications. Maybe.

Forgive me if I seem to be some crazy newcomer that's come to shake up your way of life. I promise you that I don't mean any harm :\
I think that if you just looked at a specific bey article, it would tell you what the part was outclassed by, then you go to the parts list and find whichs bey(s) have that part.
(Apr. 03, 2013  10:24 PM)Snoninja Wrote: well in two classes (For example, a WD tip could be used for both Defense and Stamina customizations),
WD is a stamina tip not defense. lol
You could just look at the Competitive MFB Combos thread, too.
Well it could best to say most beys are either attack deffence or stamina . and a balence types.
Also most deffensive tips are like wide somthing or ball also deffence . and most attack beys ARE AGGRESIVE and have flat or hole tips as well as short tracks . make sure not to use to short tracks like 85. those scrape alot. Stamina have mid to high tracks with light fusion wheels and heavy energy rings. with sharp tips or deffense or ball tips. and dont forget to recomend combinations of your own by using atttack an deffece types . I hope this aserwed your question.
TheWhiteMamba- First off, this isn't a question. Secondly, your answer is totally wrong.

Kai-V- Would it not be good enough to include the MFB Tier List thread on the BeyWiki; or at least provide a link to that thread in some or the other way? That should be the best way to rectify the error, and direct newbies to places where they get accurate information.
Then again, I believe the Tier List hasn't been updated in a while.
(Apr. 04, 2013  2:44 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: I think that if you just looked at a specific bey article, it would tell you what the part was outclassed by, then you go to the parts list and find whichs bey(s) have that part.

A valid point, but I've found that sometimes it will suggest a part that isn't anywhere on the Wiki. Where are the phantom and scythe metal wheels that are supposed to be these good stamina parts?

(Apr. 04, 2013  3:14 AM)DB Wrote: WD is a stamina tip not defense. lol

Well, it's most useful in stamina. I think it could still be moderately useful in defense, but maybe that's just me. I guess the part categories REALLY won't work, huh? XD

(Apr. 04, 2013  7:26 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Kai-V- Would it not be good enough to include the MFB Tier List thread on the BeyWiki; or at least provide a link to that thread in some or the other way? That should be the best way to rectify the error, and direct newbies to places where they get accurate information.
Then again, I believe the Tier List hasn't been updated in a while.

Tier List, you say? Where could I find that?
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Tier...d-27-12-11

Well, the thread has been closed nearly a year ago, but yeah, that was what might have helped you- if it had been updated. Smile
(Apr. 04, 2013  3:37 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Tier...d-27-12-11

Well, the thread has been closed nearly a year ago, but yeah, that was what might have helped you- if it had been updated. Smile

Well, it does still have some merit. Thanks for the link!

As for the bey classes, does anyone other than myself think it would be useful to have a list for attack/defense/stamina/balance beys?
Sorry for reviving a two-month old thread, but I fell I need to point this out-

Separate lists for each type of part wouldn't work, since certain parts only work with certain other parts. For example, we can't have new people going around recommending something-or-other BD145WD as a balance custom, since everyone knows that scrapes horribly. Then there's Zero-G, where part-to-part interplay is even more important when making Synchromes. You may or may not want to use something that covers up the other Chrome Wheel's attack points, depending on the custom, and, consequently, simply picking good parts and slapping them together does not necessarily make a good bey.
The only plausible solution I can think of is page redirects, but that wouldn't really work since multiple beys have multiple parts.

We need to revamp the part list pages anyway...last time I checked they were really under maintained and had a lot of missing parts. It may just be easier to make one page, first listing CW, MW, ST, PT, and then Chrome Wheels and Elemental Wheels, in alphabetical order, under each sub heading. And then links to beys with those parts.