Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
This is a huge bump but I've actually gained some interest in this card game, I usually avoid card games like the plague because they are far too complicated for my liking... However this one seems much more interesting to me than Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon and being a newer card game I can start from the beginning and try understand it... somewhat haha.

I've also been watching the Anime with Subs, I don't usually like bother with anime but I actually quite enjoy this! Slightly addicted as I've watched up to episode 47 in the last week or so... Pinching_eyes_2

So anyway I've ordered:
x1 Trial Deck Blaster Blade (English Edition)
x1 Trial Deck Dragonic Overlord (English Edition)
x1 Booster Box Descent of the King of Knights (English Edition)

(Just a shame these haven't been released in the UK yet Pinching_eyes_2)

May be a total waste of money or I might of picked up a new hobby lol!
If you know about hyper japan, bushiroad will be there.

The anime gets much better from there on out.

Let me know if you have any questions or check out vanguard rider. :p
(Feb. 07, 2012  12:22 AM)Otsu Wrote: If you know about hyper japan, bushiroad will be there.

The anime gets much better from there on out.

Let me know if you have any questions or check out vanguard rider. :p

I read about them being at Hyper Japan but I'll be in Hong Kong that weekend (24th & 25th of Feb) so I'll be missing that lol.

I've been watching most your videos on YouTube haha, you'll probably get a lot of questions from me when I receive my cards haha! I've signed up to Vanguard Rider and done some lurking haha.
Shameless advertising here... But I've finally decided to use my other Youtube Channel for my Cardfight!! Vanguard videos.

So anyone that's interested check it out!

iBlitzUK

(Don't worry I haven't stopped Beyblading!)
I'm a new to this game and I just bought the Royal Paladin Deck can anyone give me some tips/strageties I can use?
pm me and ill sort you out, im experienced with that deck, a little too experienced.

i just went to a tournament on friday (just a casurall) and won 2 out of 3 rounds and ended up with my first sp card, a blaster dark, out of some random set 4 pack i got for particapating. the thing is ive been working on a shadow paladin deck and i havent even got any RRRs yet.
I love this game so much, I've only been playing for a few months and I've already bought 2 boxes, I've played YGO for 3 Years and never bought a box. If you want to know my pulls just ask and I'll edit them into this post.
I've only played this game for a month or so, and so far, I've bought 3 boxes, enough packs to equate to another box, and two trial Decks; loving this game so much. All my pulls that I can think of:

Box 1:

RRR: Alfred, Aleph, Blaster Blade
RR: Iseult (Sold), Aleph, Maximum, Maiden of Libra, Mocha

Box 2:

RRR: CEO, Aleph, Cocoa
RR: Chocolat, Barri, Llew, Lohengrin, Gancelot

Box 3:

RRR: Aleph, Overlord, Blaster Blade
RR: Aleph, Vortex, Maximum, Lohengrin, Chocolat

Currently running Kagero and a complete and pure Set 1 OTT Deck; can't wait for Silent Toms next Set.
I bought 2 packs yesterday the only pull I got was Vortex Dragon, I run Royal Paladins so it will probably be for sale/trade
Got into the game little while ago myself, though I've been following it since near the beginning. English cards, y'know. Bought some boosters about a week ago. Got Asura Kaiser and... ... ... Asura Kaiser! Eee From the same, freshly-opened box no less! English Gold Rutile Trial Deck, here I come!
(Mar. 07, 2012  12:27 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: I've only played this game for a month or so, and so far, I've bought 3 boxes, enough packs to equate to another box, and two trial Decks; loving this game so much.

if i remember correctly, you were one of the people on the first page that said you wouldnt play this game, as with many other, and yet there are now thousand of players around the world playing dispite most of these countries not even officially selling the cards, like my own. i must say, in just over a year of realease, it supprised everyone as a card game.

on another note, the card game store i go to for vanguard has a new team format, team double battle. it has two players of opposite teams battling each other and the other members battling each other as sepperate battles, only that the games are played at the same time with turns played in order of players numbered 1-4, involving both battles and, the main point, is that players can guard and intercept attacks against their team mate, but nulls only work for the player using it and can not be used on their team mate due to the wording. im going to try this out in two weeks in the first tournament that will use this format. note i do not know yet how a team wins but i think it's the last team standing.

edit: did anyone see the latest vanguard ep cause it's preety epic, never thought misaki would pull a trick like that off, or anybody in the entire world for that matter.
My yugioh locals just started selling this game and I got the Kai Trial Deck beat a Alfred Royal Paladin deck with double Crit like a boss. This game is so fun dont have to have the most expenisve deck to win.
Anyone here running any MLB builds?

I'm having trouble deciding should I convert to a hybrid Alfred build or stick to a pure MLB based one (with no alternative route).

Also would like to know whats the current meta within your respective localities. Mine is overrun with 8 or more crit plays which is frustrating =\.

(Mar. 12, 2012  12:51 AM)Giraton Wrote: -Snip-

With the current state that competitive YGO's in at the moment, it's best to stay as far back from that game as possible, and people's perspectives change. YGO's meta is so blegh. Meta cards are almost $100 a pop, and you "have to" play them in threes.

I also play Weiss Schwarz, another game by Bushiroad.

(Mar. 14, 2012  6:17 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: I also play Weiss Schwarz, another game by Bushiroad.
i know that one, heard it's fun but takes a big chunk out of your walet to play competitively.

anybody got the new bemuda â–² set yet? im going to try and get a few packs to make a deck for my sister to play with (hmm kind of an anime moment there).
After you've played competitive YGO, no other TCG/CCG can be considered expensive. Well, maybe MTG.

I wonder how many Set 2 boxes I'm going to buy this weekend... =/
I'm actually interested in try this game out, and I said that I'd never play another TCG because of how expensive I found TCG to be. Problem is that the only way for me to get these cards is one of the following:

A) Amazon/Ebay
B) Clifton (expensive train ride)
C) China Town (also a costy train ride)

I'm considering on making a Nova Grappler deck. Though...I wonder if anyone in my area will actually play this game...
I might just get into this... yugioh was just so expensive!
Kaji, the best way to spread word of this game is to get a friend or more to get some Trial Decks and start demoing the product at a YGO locals; I've done this and I've converted two people and counting. Decks can get expensive, depending on what you're trying to make, if you've lived through many formats of competitive YGO, no other TCG can be called "expensive".

At Samurai Changer, you totally should give new things a shot. This game is one of the very few that allows all Decks an almost equal chance of winning.
I'm interested and i've looked up the english ones on ebay and i'm looking forward to seeing the ones Blitz brings to the tourney tomorrow but i'm confused by the people saying this is as simple as yugioh. This is way more complicated than what yugioh was when it first came out.
(Mar. 17, 2012  8:19 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Kaji, the best way to spread word of this game is to get a friend or more to get some Trial Decks and start demoing the product at a YGO locals; I've done this and I've converted two people and counting. Decks can get expensive, depending on what you're trying to make, if you've lived through many formats of competitive YGO, no other TCG can be called "expensive".

Opposite for me, actually. I got converted, along with two of my friends, and now I have two trial decks and 4 packs. These are the valuable cards I got from the packs:

Future Knight, Llew (RR)
Wyvern Guard, Barri (RR)
Commodore Blueblood ®
Assault Dragon, Blightops ®

Got some Royal Paladins, Oracle Think Tanks, Kageros, Granblus, Dark Irregulars, Nubatamas, Tachikazes, and Nova Grapplers.

4 packs, and only one Nova Grappler...but I might also make a Kagero and Tachikaze deck. Might sell my Royal Paladins, including Llew and the Blaster Blader deck, to my friend who wants to make a Royal Paladin deck.

Edit:
Anyone willing to have a practice match? It's boring to have a deck and no one to play with. I studied the rules a bit, so I wanna see if I can commit it to memory.
I bought Kai's deck at the TCG panel at MomoCon 2012, they taught me the rules there and I got to battle. I'm really getting obsessed with this game now.
I spent last night looking up cards and making a Kagero deck using the Dragonic Overlord Trial Deck as a stepping stone. From that deck, 27 cards were taken out and traded in for better cards. This is the Grade list that makes cards from 0 to 3: 16/17/9/8 (from the best of my memory).

Blazing Flare Dragon, a Grade 3 Kagero from the 2nd Booster, is probably the most expensive card in the deck, ranging at $24 on eBay.
The grade list is typically: from 0-3, 17 (Starter Vanguard included.), 15, 10, 8.
Then I'm not far off. I just need less Grade 1s.

I'm considering adding more Draw Triggers since, unlike Heal Triggers, there's no limit to an individual trigger except 15 triggers in total. I have Embodiment of Spear, Tah in the list, but I might cut one off then. I'm beginning to feel that Embodiment of Victory, Aleph might not be as good of a choice as I originally assumed.