Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread

Poll: Do you want it to be coverted to a TCG (english)

I dont care
13.33%
This looks nice
46.67%
HEK YEAH!
40.00%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
Daegor, forgive me for Necro-ing the Thread. I was watching a few friends playing this at locals today in between matches, and one of them told me that the North American release date is set to be some time in December. I'm still looking for the evidence that points to this information, but apparently it's huge and really hyped in Japan, so it sorta makes sense that they would start bringing over the products sooner than expected.

Anyway, apologizes for Necro-ing. I think this may be the new card game I'll get into, as YGO is getting rather stale. Hopefully the cards don't get rarity bumped.
(Oct. 14, 2011  8:55 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Daegor, forgive me for Necro-ing the Thread. I was watching a few friends playing this at locals today in between matches, and one of them told me that the North American release date is set to be some time in December. I'm still looking for the evidence that points to this information, but apparently it's huge and really hyped in Japan, so it sorta makes sense that they would start bringing over the products sooner than expected.

Anyway, apologizes for Necro-ing. I think this may be the new card game I'll get into, as YGO is getting rather stale. Hopefully the cards don't get rarity bumped.

you can find it on the http://cf-vanguard.wikidot.com/ home page under news and releases
got my first deck of vanguard today, there is a shop in Melbourne that sells japanese cards and gives demos and how to play practaces. i can go there anytime and play.
Unfortunately (or not, depending how you view it...this game has taken up the bulk of my interest away from beyblades.

A new set was just released today. Anyone interested in buy cards or wanna pre order the english cards, check out otacute. Definitely the best prices on the net. Heres a link to all the
vanguard stuff.

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_pa...n=vanguard
(Oct. 27, 2011  8:19 PM)Otsu Wrote: Unfortunately (or not, depending how you view it...this game has taken up the bulk of my interest away from beyblades.

A new set was just released today. Anyone interested in buy cards or wanna pre order the english cards, check out otacute. Definitely the best prices on the net. Heres a link to all the
vanguard stuff.

haha i would say or not otsu. this game is addicting. whats weird and the best part is the gameplay is fairly simple but the construction of the decks is harder than it appears.
ok, i thought i would naver like anything above beyblades, but i havent even opened a booster pack of anysort or played a full game and im addicted to this almost as much as beyblades, the show is one of the best i have ever seen, the gameplay is deep dispite being the only card game i know that only uses monster card and no support cards of any sort and i already made a website for it based on australian game play (im adding a link to my sig). there are like 2 other fourms on the same thing but they look unfinished and crude. also nice vid Otsu.
too bad you didn't get any blaster darks otsu. or at least i didn't see any in your video. im definitely playing royal and shadow when english comes out next month.
Blaster dark is only a R so i didn't show those.

Giraton, vanguard rider and the wikidot are your best sources for translations and discussion.
(Oct. 27, 2011  9:09 PM)teku66 Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2011  8:19 PM)Otsu Wrote: Unfortunately (or not, depending how you view it...this game has taken up the bulk of my interest away from beyblades.

vanguard stuff.

haha i would say or not otsu. this game is addicting. whats weird and the best part is the gameplay is fairly simple but the construction of the decks is harder than it appears.
Yeah ur right.

I bought misaki's deck!i really suck in this game!Pinching_eyes
So anyone has some vanguard card game tips?
I know it might be rare for a girl to play this card game.....
@modokatheblader: looks like your problem is that you picked one of the harder decks to use, not too much of a problem, just means you got to practice with it a bit. basic tips would be make sure you use lorezge magus (hard to spell) as the starting vanguard because her ability alows it to go to the rear guard circle then go back to the deck to have a heal trigger ready to be activated later on in the game, make sure you use your mulligan with any grade 0s in your hand and draw anytime you can, that deck is built around having at least 4 cards in your hand. sorry if these are too basic for ya, im only really a bigginer.

on another note, i got the nova grappler deck and it came with this QR code card thing, can anybody tell me what it does?
The english release was officially out yesterday in Singapore.

Bought 2 booster boxes, not really a good pull =(
im lucky, my local card game store that imports the japanese cards also imports the english cards, i already got the english promo blaster blade with no ability.
i added a couple of more videos to my vanguard channel.
www.youtube.com/standupthevanguard

getting a bunch of english cards next week! Pinching_eyes_2
So.... I've gotten into Vanguard now, still playing Yu-Gi-Oh though. I was wondering if there are any places I can get English versions of the trial decks that ship to the UK for under £20, on eBay £20 was the lowest I could find English for and £10 for Japanese/Korean ones.
You could try OtaCute. Better hurry, though. I just requested like $300 worth of stuff. They might sell out again.
Nice!, sadly it's all Japanese Vanguard. At least the sleeve prices aren't ridiculous like on eBay. They go for about £20 for ONE pack. When Vanguard comes out in the UK, do you think they'll allow Japanese cards? Presuming you have a translation and don't have cards from a set not out yet in the UK that is.
Apparently the dub for the anime was actually done in Canada. If you're hoping for a expansion outside of Asia, I'd take that as your biggest thing to cling onto.
Grin This pleases me.
i'm doing a give away for a RRR Alfred on my youtube channel. gotta sub to win. :p

www.youtube.com/standupthevanguard

i'm getting my english cards finally on tuesday so videos on those soon.
ooohhh an Alfred card. i would like that, best of all it's japanese so it will work in my royal paladin deck. i know it's not as good as it looks but i need it till i can get better royal paladin cards.
finally got english cards. gonna try to make an oracle think tank deck.
OTT is gonna be expensive. A good portion of their cards are either RR or RRR (more so than the NG counterpart).