[CANCELED] [Los Angeles,California,U.S.A.] BEYBattle L.A.

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

I want to see if we can get the first L.A. MFB Tourney started.
Date: 20th August 2011
Where: Pershing Square, Downtown L.A.
Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Pershing+S...L.A.&hl=en
Time: 11am-Sign Up/Free Play 12 noon-Actual Tourney
Enterance Fee: $0. This is completely free.
Passport: $10. You can still buy a passport.

Attendees:
Taiwo Seigi
Guardian
Fro$ty
XGalaxyBladerX
Vulcan Horseus3
KyubiBey
Ray Striker
JH100
Spark012345
HellKaiserZero

Possible:
tanzam2
mesorangerxx
shadow196
MegaPanda
Hexagon
RayAres
V0rtex
MetalFusionMike
HellKerkecs14

Prizes:
First Place: $75 for ToyWiz
$50 for ToyWiz
$25 for ToyWiz

PM me if you need directions via Metro Bus.
My Number: 323 608 0522 Call in emergencies only! Otherwise text.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Do you live in or around Los Angeles?

Yes
57.53%
No
42.47%
Total: 100% 73 vote(s)
If they're large, then yea.
(Aug. 20, 2011  7:40 AM)Stealth Wrote: If they're large, then yea.

they shall be large. lol. Yeah, no sweat.

Btw, Stealth, I got a message from Kai-V about helping out with the tourney. I guess it's up to us to run it smoothly. I'm sure you are better at this than I am, so I will follow your lead and help you in any way I can.
If you're going, bring a stadium and a large blanket or towel for us to play on.
Sweet, looks like it's going to happen. I'll be there around 11 to noon.
I can come around noon. I would have to leave by 3 though. Will anyone be there around 12pm?
I'll be there either at noon or 11
Registration begins at probably 11:10am or 11:15am and ends at noon, so get there at least at 11:30am.
Guys, if you get 8 or more people there, I'm going to help you guys out with prizes. Here's the list:

1st Prize is a choice of: Starter Big Bang Pegasis F:D, Starter L Drago Destroy F:S, or Starter Fang Leone 130W2D
2nd Prize is a choice of: Starter Storm Pegasis 105RF (comes with beylauncher), booster Galaxy Pegasis W105R2F, booster Rock Escolpio T125JB, or booster Rock Giraffe R145WB
3rd Prize is a choice of: WBBA Limited Attack & Balance Parts Set or WBBA Limited Stamina & Defense Parts Set

I know it's not much, but I want to help make this work. Stealth, tell all of the winners to PM me after you post the results.
Okay. Hmm, I could use a Fang Leone...
If any of you guys read this before going, I'm gonna be sitting at a table on the grass square.
PLEASE READ ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE COMING TO THE TOURNAMENT

PERSHING SQUARE IS ON TOP OF A PARKING GARAGE. YOU CAN PARK THERE BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY $6
Guys, I'm heading over to Pershing Square, but I might be late so registration is at 11:20am.
Here are all the players that have attended!

Kyubibey
Stealth
hellkaiserzero
Colaman
Darkrie
Davachu
Dezik
Syvlia07
Jh100
xblitzydaunicon
Stealth Panda
Andrew.n
Paulie
Aurawolf
Airaquario
Blader625
riptide10
mdog
IronRecon
PegAug8
Bserve

It should be noted that Blader625 and Riptide10 left before they could battle because the tournament started late, however, they were there.

Block One

Stealth vs. Dezik

HellKaiserzero vs. Colaman

Andrew.N vs. PegAug8

-----

Stealth vs. PegAug8

Dezik vs. Andrew.N

Airaquario vs. Colaman

------

Stealth vs. Andrew.N

Hellkaiserzero vs. Airaquario

Colaman vs. PegAug8

----

Stealth vs. Colaman

PegAug8 vs. Dezik

Hellkaiserzero vs. Andrew.N

-----

Stealth vs. Airaquario

Hellkaiserzero vs. Dezik

Colaman vs. PegAug8

-----

Airaquario vs. Dezik

Stealth vs. HellKaiserZero

Colaman vs. Andrew.N

-----

PegAug8 vs. HellKaiserzero

Airaquario vs. Andrew.N

Dezik vs. Colaman

Stealth and HellKaiserZero advance to the finals!

Kyubibey vs. Sylvia07

Darkrie vs. Aurawolf

BServe vs. xblitzyunicon

Davachu vs. Paulie

IronRecon vs. Stealth Panda

JH100 vs. MDog

-----

Kyubibey vs. Darkrie

Aurawolf vs. BServe

xblitzyunicon vs. Sylvia07

Davachu vs. IronRecon

Stealth Panda vs. JH100

MDog vs. Paulie

-----

Kyubibey vs. Aurawolf

BServe vs. Sylvia07

xblitzyunicon vs. Darkrie

Davachu vs. JH100

Paulie vs. IronRecon

MDog vs. Stealth Panda

-----

Kyubibey vs. BServe

Sylvia07 vs. Darkrie

xblitzyunicon vs. Aurawolf

Davachu vs. Stealth Panda

JH100 vs. Paulie

MDog vs. IronRecon

-----

Kyubibey vs. xblitzyunicon

Sylvia07 vs. Aurawolf

Darkrie vs. BServe

Davachu vs. MDog

Paulie vs. Stealth Panda

IronRecon vs. JH100

Sylvia07 Advances to the finals! Tie Breaker matches:

Paulie vs. Bserve

Bserve vs. xBlitzyunicon

xblitzyunicon vs. Paulie

Stealth Panda vs. JH100

Kyubibey vs. JH100

Kyubibey vs. Stealth Panda

Paulie, JH100, and xBlitzyunicon advance to the finals!

Final Block:

Finals Block!

JH100 vs. Sylvia07

HellKaiserZero vs. Stealth

Paulie vs. xblitzyunicon

-----

JH100 vs. HellKaiserZero

Stealth vs. Paulie

xblitzyunicon vs. Sylvia07

-----

JH100 vs. Stealth

Paulie vs. Sylvia07

xblitzyunicon vs. HellKaiserZero

-----

JH100 vs. Paulie

Sylvia07 vs. HellKaiserZero

HellKaiserZero vs. Paulie

xblitzyunicon vs. Stealth

JH100 vs. xblitzyunicon

Sylvia07 vs. Stealth

Winners:
1ST PLACE: JH100
2ND PLACE: HellKaiserZero
3RD PLACE: Stealth

Be sure to have third, second, and first place winners post their combos in the Winning Combinations Thread! Also, claim your prizes by PMing me your address and which prize you would like to select.

Congrats!

Judges:
Stealth
KyubiBey
Paulie

It was great talking to you all and I'm so glad I could help you guys make this work!
Thanks Deikailo for everything, you're beast!! The tournament was successful! Thanks Paulie, Stealth, and the attendees! Thanks HKZ and Stealth for the BB-10 stadiums! We hope to host another tournament, due to the success with this one. 22 participants came, and all of them had fun free battling, messing around (mostly me with my "That's What She Said" jokes XP), etc. Everyone trusted other bladers with their beys, launchers, etc. It was a great location, and Deikailo settled the brackets very well. Gladly, no one spammed Basalt, defense, and stamina types XD. It was fun meeting other bladers with great combos, even the Hasderp kids were good XD ! I'm glad we all made it happen, and thanks colaman and Stealth for recording! (BTW, I'm terrible with the camera so for Block 1 I failed XD). Sucks that Taiwo and others couldn't show, and the next will be soon to come! Sorry for the time lapse though, it's actually hard organizing tourneys XD !
It was an awesome tourney! My first WBO one and already Second place! Hope to have another one soon, I will be able to make it to almost every tourney. XD Hope to see all of you and more new bladers in the future.
I posted the winning combos in the Winning Combinations thread. I'm amazed at how a MF-H Basalt Horogium 135WD can win the whole tournament. But there wasn't any talk about Phantom Orion or the new 4D beys...
(Aug. 21, 2011  5:04 AM)Stealth Wrote: I posted the winning combos in the Winning Combinations thread. I'm amazed at how a MF-H Basalt Horogium 135WD can win the whole tournament. But there wasn't any talk about Phantom Orion or the new 4D beys...

JH100 did a good job. Even against Hell Kerbecs
Agreed, Hell Bull did well against everyone but it was no match against his Basalt.
(Aug. 21, 2011  4:08 AM)KyubiBey Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2011  4:04 AM)HellKaiserZero Wrote: It was an awesome tourney! My first WBO one and already Second place! Hope to have another one soon, I will be able to make it to almost every tourney. XD Hope to see all of you and more new bladers in the future.

Read my thread Wink Idea for another tourney ;D
The best part was the fact that everyone had fun, and it was equal competition (well except a few of the Hasderp kids and very young kids). We pulled through without ToyWiz, and we all had a great time. Everything that Deikailo posted was accurate so the winners were true + we have recordings. Overall, the tourney was a BLAST.

If anyone is thinking another tourney, I'm so down. Today was great. What I have heard from everyone so far is that the location was good and sundays are overall the best day to host these. This time however, we must make the brackets ahead of time and know all of the participants beforehand as well. Overall, it was nice meeting everyone. Good job everyone.

(Aug. 21, 2011  5:37 AM)HellKaiserZero Wrote: Agreed, Hell Bull did well against everyone but it was no match against his Basalt.

Good matches all around.
I PMed Kai-V about the results and she said congratulations.
seriously basalt won wow well me and l-drago will definentally be back im gonna beat that basalt to
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I actually beat JH100's Basalt when I waited for Stealthpanda.
nice!!!!!!

i got close one round but lost

Today was a lot of fun Smile It'll be more organize for maximal amount of fun next time.
(Aug. 21, 2011  7:35 AM)Sylvia07 Wrote: Today was a lot of fun Smile It'll be more organize for maximal amount of fun next time.

Yah check my thread!
are we geting points from that tournament