Burst rankings live! + New Committee members and F230CF/GCF ban

Cool news. Congrats cadney and Angry Face!
Ah, I never quite got to feel the despair of going up against F230CF/GCF, but perhaps that's a good thing. I'm glad the decision was made after seeing how much people fought over it, haha.

Congrats to Angry Face and cadney! Good luck to you both!

And of course, thanks to the WBO committee for always listening to the community and being so active. National governments should take a page out of your guys' book.
Hey wow! I have been waiting for this
Keep up the good work like always

I'd really not want to see my rankings or points taken away when I'm gone .. I'm sure to return even if it's after a few years
Congrats to the new committee members! Love Burst Rankings and I'll be up there soon Wink. Glad to see the way the WBO is going. I'll try to become active again soon! (Exams are killing me lol).
Congrats to the new committee members! Hopefully hold some more tournaments in Georgia and be up in the rankings!
Congrats guys, totally awesome that we have a professional social media manager putting in work for us. So excited for the future. I can't wait until Burst drops here in North America and I can finally get some events going in my area. Big thanks to Cadney for all the she has done and will do to make that more possible for all of us : )
Congrats Angry Face and candeySmile The burst rankings are awesomeSmile
I think you have to corect the title of the thread because its not F230GF/GCF but F230CF/GCF

just to not confuse people
Hah right, I just fixed it, thank you for pointing it out.
Just a curious clarification, F230GCF/CF is still legal in BB-10 right? Cause if the ban is also imposed there Bandid Genbull will lose one of it's more unique and valuable parts.

By the way, congrats to all the new commitee members!

Speaking of which, unfortunately to this date Burst has not entered Indonesia. While I hate it, I have no choice but to wait if I want to be active again.
(May. 04, 2016  8:16 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Just a curious clarification, F230GCF/CF is still legal in BB-10 right? Cause if the ban is also imposed there Bandid Genbull will lose one of it's more unique and valuable parts.

Yeah, still legal. They're no where near as dominant in the BB-10 as they were in the Zero-G Stadiums. Tongue_out
(May. 04, 2016  1:23 PM)Mitsu Wrote:
(May. 04, 2016  8:16 AM)RDF3 Wrote: Just a curious clarification, F230GCF/CF is still legal in BB-10 right? Cause if the ban is also imposed there Bandid Genbull will lose one of it's more unique and valuable parts.

Yeah, still legal. They're no where near as dominant in the BB-10 as they were in the Zero-G Stadiums. Tongue_out

Oh, okay. Good to know. Thanks, Mitsu!
Congrats to @[Angry Face] and @[cadney] for making Committee!

I have a question about the Burst rankings though. Earlier it was stated that all Burst tournaments starting from Burst into 2016 would be ranked, yet several other tournaments from before then have been processed and others that took place afterward have not? And Hato told me earlier today that instead all tournaments besides the first events in each region were processed? Was this rule changed while I was away, and why?

Also, @[[)ragon]
Congratulations to both @[cadney] and @[Angry Face]! Cool to see that this site is ever expanding!

Hope to see the LA area get into Burst soon! It's cool to know that Burst is finally being ranked!
(May. 08, 2016  4:13 AM)Wombat Wrote: Congrats to @[Angry Face] and @[cadney] for making Committee!

I have a question about the Burst rankings though. Earlier it was stated that all Burst tournaments starting from Burst into 2016 would be ranked, yet several other tournaments from before then have been processed and others that took place afterward have not? And Hato told me earlier today that instead all tournaments besides the first events in each region were processed? Was this rule changed while I was away, and why?

Ah, was that it? As far as I remember, it was that we would not process any first Burst event in each region, and perhaps starting in 2016 we were going to process all tournaments regardless? In which case I might have given me trouble because I would need to delete a few events and process the Atlanta event...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember that being said also. I was gonna say something but I couldn't remember for sure.
Yes, it was always the case that the first Burst event in each region would be unranked, as announced here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...mendations

Quote:The first Burst Format event in every region will be unranked. We hope that this will allow everyone to take the time to learn the new format, gain experience, and experiment without feeling the pressure of having to worry about your BeyPoint System ranking!

How does the community here feel about this?
I hate it! Lol. Because I drove 5 hrs one way and spent like $300 to go to a tourney and have no beypoints. Lol.

Seriously though, I think it is a good idea. There were 3-4 of us at BOTS:NYC that were experienced at Burst and we were obviously doing better than the people that were just picking it up for the first time. Not only does it give an opportunity for people to learn, without worrying about losing beypoints, but it also doesn't unfairly award points to people that are steamrolling new players. It also give the more experienced players more of an opportunity to help the new players and not feel like they need to keep secrets from them in order to get more points and things like that.
But now that Burst has been out for a while, maybe some of these first tourneys don't have many players new to Burst, so maybe it is worth talking about making possible exceptions
The main issue is actually finding out where it was said that all tournaments would get processed, if we did announce that somewhere. I was unable to find some official post about that so far.
(May. 08, 2016  7:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, it was always the case that the first Burst event in each region would be unranked, as announced here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...mendations

Quote:The first Burst Format event in every region will be unranked. We hope that this will allow everyone to take the time to learn the new format, gain experience, and experiment without feeling the pressure of having to worry about your BeyPoint System ranking!

If I remember correctly. When Zero-G system came out the first tournament in the region counted to the beypoint system. So I would much rather just process the BOTS to the system to be fair.
This is not going to happen unfortunately, not only because all the subsequent tournaments have been processed already so we would have to delete everything, but also because we announced the contrary and several players entered the events knowing this.

With Zero-G, at least you were staying within the same generation and you had a good understanding of what could be good already. Swaying stadiums are not nearly as revolutionary for the Beyblade game as being vulnerable to bursts and being able to win with this new form of 'aggression'.
I have seen no reference that any BOTS event would be processed, and plenty of evidence to the contrary. Honestly I thought this was so well established that I am surprised we are even talking about this.
(May. 09, 2016  12:47 AM)Yami Wrote:
(May. 08, 2016  7:11 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes, it was always the case that the first Burst event in each region would be unranked, as announced here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...mendations

If I remember correctly. When Zero-G system came out the first tournament in the region counted to the beypoint system. So I would much rather just process the BOTS to the system to be fair.

Bursts Onto the Scene events were always explicitly presented as being unranked, so that's not going to happen.
Yes, as I mentioned, the actual issue if we had ever mentioned that first-time tournaments in given regions outside of the Bursts Onto The Scene campaign would get processed no matter what. Such an event happened in February in Atlanta: it was their first Burst-format tournament. What some people are writing is that an event like that should have been processed, basically, whereas there does not seem to be any announcement confirming that.
I was aware that the Bursts onto the Scene events would not be processed; that wasn't the point I was making, though. You say that the first Burst event in every region will be unranked, yet also state that Burst into 2016 would be the first ranked Burst tournament. I was under the impression that until Burst into 2016, the format was in a sort of unranked "trial period" and all events after Burst into 2016 would be processed regardless of whether they were the first or not. Though I guess it can be interpreted either way taking both statements into account.

I believe the only tournament with some kind of discrepancy about this would be Amaterios Atlanta Assault (which from what ZachBob has told me you would not allow to be named 'Beyblade Bursts onto the Scene: Georgia' despite being the first event in the region), and I'm pretty sure Amaterios Atlanta Assault, ZachBob's Beyblade Burst Birthday Bonanza, and Bursting Back Outside are the only events that would need to be reprocessed if this is the case.