Building my own stadium

Hi all. I have been wandering lately how i could build my own beyblade stadium. I was thinking about building it out of metal or wood or some other material and make it really cool and stuff. If any of you have ideas, plans or instructions for building one of these could you please send it to me.

Roggi.
(Aug. 24, 2008  3:24 PM)roggi19 Wrote: Hi all. I have been wandering lately how i could build my own beyblade stadium. I was thinking about building it out of metal or wood or some other material and make it really cool and stuff. If any of you have ideas, plans or instructions for building one of these could you please send it to me.

Roggi.

Making a stadium out of wood wouldn't work, unless it was extremely polished and smooth. And a Metal Stadium would wear out the tips of the Beyblade really easily.

Stick with pre-made stadiums, or make a stadium with a plastic surface.
Plastic is the best way for me. I agree with Grey about the metal, and wood could also get chipped by wild beyblades.
But the problem about buying pre made stadiums is that they arent sold anymore where i live(Iceland) and its much more fun to build your own stadium.
It is fun, but it's a lot of work to build a good one. It has to have even slopes etc
Are you planning to make a Takara style stadium?
(Aug. 24, 2008  3:39 PM)roggi19 Wrote: But the problem about buying pre made stadiums is that they arent sold anymore where i live(Iceland) and its much more fun to build your own stadium.

And dangerous.

You could use a large mixing bowl or something. Wink

If you insist on building a stadium, you can make it out of whatever, just as long as you put some sort of smooth material over it, like plastic or something like a finish for a table.
That's a good idea. Hard plastic mind you. If you melt some plastic and let it dry evenly over the stadium, it acts as laminate (I think)...
Quote:If you melt some plastic and let it dry evenly over the stadium, it acts as laminate

Yeah i would think so too.

But theres one problem about making this is that i couldnt make it round like a bowl. Wouldnt that affect how the beyblades would act on the field?

Quote:You could use a large mixing bowl or something.

Right now im using a metal baking plate but it makes a LOT of noise and is pretty lame cause the beyblades dont attack each other as much as when they do in a stadium
The vortex stadium is almost completely flat. The slopes are not very steep at all
(Aug. 24, 2008  4:05 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: The vortex stadium is almost completely flat. The slopes are not very steep at all

That's one of the reasons why it's a horrible stadium.

There's an easier way to solve your problem. Order a stadium via YJA.
YJA???
Yahoo Japan Auctions
ókei
Yes, please order one from Yahoo Japan Auctions.
Here's a link on how to use it:
http://forums.beywiki.com/thread-4.html

The thing with making your stadium is having it leveled off evenly. Unless you have some type of mold for it, I wouldn't go for it. Although it is pretty darn creative.
Well mabey ill order one from YJA. But i still want to make my own...Tongue_out_wink
By all means go for it then. None of us has the power to stop you.
i used to make stadiums out of shoe boxes, almost like a obstacle course for beyblades
I don't think that's quite what he's going for here, lol
I once made a stadium out of a shoebox too.

I took the box and cutted it and taped it until i had á bowl like stadium with penalty pockets. It didnt last long tough(i think it was my first hms who ruined it).
The deal with a custom stadium is how to shape the materials. I'm trying to figure this out, too.

You can use metal. It just has to be polished to a high shine. The issue is not the wearing of the tips, but how they will take impact with the stadium floor. If you build it out of sheet metal, it can absorb some of this impact, though. To make a stadium from sheet metal, you will require a hammer and a device called an english wheel. Look it up to see what it does. I have seen it used to produce parts for motorcycles.

You may not require the use of an english wheel... You may be able to find another way. It could be easier to find something to use as the "core" of the stadium and then build around that.

Wood. About wood. A wooden stadium will dent when the blades hit it. However, wood may be an excellent base to produce a shape at minimal cost and with hand tools. In fact, I may try this method. Finish a wooden stadium bowl out of wood, and then you can give it a hard epoxy coat similar to those used on garage floors. You can even hammer a thin sheet metal cover for it, if you want to. Or, you can use very thin plastic sheets and a heat gun. Place the plastic sheets on the stadium, then use the heat gun to make them sink into the shape. You can then polish and finish with various sandpapers and polishing wheels/cloths with polishing compound, and you can build the walls out of whatever you like.

Or, you can make a plaster cast of an existing Beystadium and melt the plastic over it. I may take this route.

Currently, I'm experimenting with making an old firebowl into a stadium. I want to give it a high shine and a hard epoxy coat to protect the finish.
DUDE!!! YOU JUST READ MY MIND!!!

I were thinking about making it out of sheet metal and then when it would be finished you could paint it with some good paint and make it many layers. That way youll get á sturdy stadium that doesnt wear out your beyblade tips. But then I remembered this little thing called money. Making a stadium like this would cost alot.
(Aug. 24, 2008  8:48 PM)roggi19 Wrote: DUDE!!! YOU JUST READ MY MIND!!!

I were thinking about making it out of sheet metal and then when it would be finished you could paint it with some good paint and make it many layers. That way youll get á sturdy stadium that doesnt wear out your beyblade tips. But then I remembered this little thing called money. Making a stadium like this would cost alot.

It really wouldn't, unless you want to buy more expensive tools. Go to a scrapyard. They have plenty of sheet metal for you.

And paint it with something like Duracoat. Duracoat.com has firearms finishes. If you finish it with one of these or even just a clearcoat, it will give you a nice finish. You can buff the coated finish, too.

In finding your materials, just be creative. The metal doesn't have to be smooth or even bare at first. You can always finish it.
There were plans on some MSN group awhile ago that I saw. It involved Sheet metal and actually gave proper dimensions. The idea was to have 3 pieces and join them together. They did it like that in Season 1. My question for that building method is would the blades not slow down massively when they bump into the joins?
(Aug. 25, 2008  2:34 AM)Train Wrote: There were plans on some MSN group awhile ago that I saw. It involved Sheet metal and actually gave proper dimensions. The idea was to have 3 pieces and join them together. They did it like that in Season 1. My question for that building method is would the blades not slow down massively when they bump into the joins?

That is something that can be dealt with. It just can't be done sloppily. You can either join them together perfectly and then buff them down so they work well (which is difficult, but requires the least tools), you can weld or braze them together (brazing tools can be obtained at a rather low price at the hardware store), or you can use some of that Mighty Putty or something similar to join them together, and then sand the stuff down flush with the stadium.

The truth is, it's best to use the least number of parts as possible for the interior of the stadium or give it a thermal plastic coat.
I've actually been making my own stadium latley, I tried many different materials, i tried looking for metal but, it's hard to shape evenly and it 's a pretty hard surface for landing on. So then i tried plastic, but the main thing you have to think about with plastic is that the plastics have to be slightly grippy or attack beyblade that don't have a ruber tip won't work( i found that if you can't run your finger tips over a plastic surface and get some kind of grip it's no good)
It was to hard to find anything dome shaped and even harder to make an even dome.

So right now i got a plastic circle washing tub that increases it's diamatere towards the top, then i cut a circle out of non-dent cutting mats( i thought theyd be too grippy but there actually a pretty good surface for beyblades ) and super glued it where it fitted into the basin(this has to be done evenly, it has to be level or the blades will rear to one side of the stadium), then i had to place some weight in the centre to make the stadium slightly angles toward the centre (the cutting mats kinda stretch and shape with gravity).

The cutting mats actually make for a really god surface because you cut cut them easily with scizzors into any shape you want and there designed not to permantely dint (so the tip of a sharp beyblade hitting it hard won't permanetly create an annoying dint in the stadium) and there cheap.
Hope this helps.