"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
Reposting a moved message:

First time poster, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I wanted to ask for help in building a combo for my daughter, who has started to compete in local tournaments. A backgrounder: the metagame is behind quite a bit, as only up to Season 2 beys and parts are allowed. the meta is dominated by Basalt 230 combos.

I'm asking here because I realized, thanks to a fellow blader dad who pointed it out to me, that my daughter couldn't launch the beys I made for her properly because of their weight. She's a four year old girl so she probably doesn't have the strength to launch the beys with enough spin.

So ... I need suggestions on a LIGHT but effective attack bey that uses Season 2 parts and can counter typical Basalt 230 customs. She can field up to three beys, so suggestions are more than welcome.

Note: most of the beys we own are illegal in the local tourney scene as most were acquired in Japan. so they're too new to use. but I have access to most of S2 parts ... I know I'm supposed to list my parts here but it would do no good since a majority of them can't be used. if someone suggests something good, I can go out and buy. I'm looking at building an L-Drago variant with BD145LRF but I haven't gone out and bought an L-Drago yet.
Your meta is probably filled with MF Basalt 230 CS. An effective combo to counter that, which is an almost guaranteed win is MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF (Left spin). Another effective combo would be MF Lightning LDrago BD145 RF, but since it uses an RF bottom, your daughter might have a slight problem on the launches. Your safest bet would be the MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF (Left spin).

Good luck!
(Apr. 24, 2012  10:24 AM)Uwik Wrote: Your meta is probably filled with MF Basalt 230 CS. An effective combo to counter that, which is an almost guaranteed win is MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF (Left spin). Another effective combo would be MF Lightning LDrago BD145 RF, but since it uses an RF bottom, your daughter might have a slight problem on the launches. Your safest bet would be the MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF (Left spin).

Good luck!
Thanks a bunch. I think Left spin is a good idea. I have all the parts for a Gravity Perseus BD145MF except for the Metal Flat, which I'll need to go purchase maybe tomorrow. I'll also buy a Lightning L-Drago so I can make a second bey. Thanks for the tips. My mind was going in this direction.

Hopefully we can also find some WBO-sanctioned tourneys in our area for a better metagame.

Is Basalt Nemesis AD145 W2D a good combo?
A good combo is lightning l drago 105 f because the 105 gives it a tiny bit of height, and the lightning fusion gives it good smash attack.
(Apr. 24, 2012  1:04 PM)Ian-M Wrote: Is Basalt Nemesis AD145 W2D a good combo?

W2D is not a great parts...floor scrapping is the main issue of it..
Basalt is a defence MW..so defence set-up should the very best usage of Basalt..
like MF Basalt ____ 230 D/CS or MF Basalt ____ BD145 CS
AD145 is a great stamina parts though..but it does not suit to be combine with Basalt..

(Apr. 24, 2012  1:12 PM)Dragonmaster45 Wrote: A good combo is lightning l drago 105 f because the 105 gives it a tiny bit of height, and the lightning fusion gives it good smash attack.

Lightning was great when it was first released..but it does not do well with F tip..
MF Lightning L Drago BD145 LRF/RF would be the best set-up for Lightning L Drago..
Would MF Basalt Kerbecs 230CS/D and MF Gravity Perseus be good main combos for a tournament ? My collection is in my signature if I need to change anything .
(Apr. 24, 2012  1:53 PM)Sushii Wrote: Would MF Basalt Kerbecs 230CS/D and MF Gravity Perseus be good main combos for a tournament ? My collection is in my signature if I need to change anything .

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS would be the best bet for shorter defense, Basalt Aquario 230CS is good as taller defense (D has less stability, but more stamina, so D's good to add more stamina for it), and MF Gravity Perseus CH120/D125 RF would be good for your attack combos. If someone is using Basalt 230CS, use MF Gravity Perseus BD145MF in left spin. Good destabilizer and some spin stealing...
So Basalt 230D shouldn't be used ? Also if someone uses Basalt 230WD/D I should still use MF GP BD145MF ?
If its in normal mode no. If some how you can get it in boost mode,yes. But i dont think you can put gravity perseus in boost mode. But Metal flat is good for a attack type.

Is Hell Beafowl BD145 (Boost mode) WD a good combo?

I put the WD for the stamina the bey is heavy enough... And semi good attack power.
beyhyperkiller i will try and could you list a lot of good either destablizers and/or attack types with the beys i have listed?
(Apr. 24, 2012  2:27 PM)Earthkerbecs941 Wrote: If its in normal mode no. If some how you can get it in boost mode,yes. But i dont think you can put gravity perseus in boost mode. But Metal flat is good for a attack type.

Is Hell Beafowl BD145 (Boost mode) WD a good combo?

I put the WD for the stamina the bey is heavy enough... And semi good attack power.

Boost mode only compatible with Hell only..

Gravity Perseus BD145 MF is a great counter for Basalt 230 D/CS as Uwik told..

your Hell combo would only limited to stamina only.. Wink
(Apr. 24, 2012  2:03 PM)Sushii Wrote: So Basalt 230D shouldn't be used ? Also if someone uses Basalt 230WD/D I should still use MF GP BD145MF ?

MF Basalt ___ 230 D is a great defence combo (even though it is not as great as Basalt ___ BD145 CS)..so why shouldnt you use it?
Basalt 230 WD has balance issue as i recalled..
(Apr. 24, 2012  10:31 AM)zionson Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2012  10:24 AM)Uwik Wrote: Your meta is probably filled with MF Basalt 230 CS. An effective combo to counter that, which is an almost guaranteed win is MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF (Left spin). Another effective combo would be MF Lightning LDrago BD145 RF, but since it uses an RF bottom, your daughter might have a slight problem on the launches. Your safest bet would be the MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF (Left spin).

Good luck!
Thanks a bunch. I think Left spin is a good idea. I have all the parts for a Gravity Perseus BD145MF except for the Metal Flat, which I'll need to go purchase maybe tomorrow. I'll also buy a Lightning L-Drago so I can make a second bey. Thanks for the tips. My mind was going in this direction.

Hopefully we can also find some WBO-sanctioned tourneys in our area for a better metagame.

What Uwik said is completely true, but I am a bit worried about the fact that you might be battling in Hasbro stadiums... Unhappy
If you are, then Gravity BD145MF shall become the only usable attacker (and remember, Attackers are dangerous in Hasbro). Actually, people try their best to avoid using Attack in Hasbro stadiums. But well, this Gravity combo is seemingly quite nice...
Still, as Basalt 230CS is a Defense combo, a Stamina combo such as Hell Kerbecs BD145WD can be used(Hell Kerbecs is heavy, though). It may not give you a guaranteed win, as an Attacker like Gravity or Lightning would, but still, it is a safer bet in a Hasbro stadium. Smile

blank Ji- 230WD does have major balance issues, and that is why D is preferred over it. Smile
Moreover, its a Stamina combo; not Defense. XD
A combo with these 3 beys, for the hasbro stadium, Burning Firestrike ( it's for a tournament ):
Burn Fireblaze 135MS
Legend Cyber Pegasus 105F
Rock Zurafa R145WB

I was thinking of Burn Pegasus 105MS, what do you think?
MS is a very bad tip as i recalled..haha..i dont know if they work well in Hasbr stadium..but i doubt it..XD
jan : hahaha..lol..i'm pretty behind with MFB metagame huh...hahah..lol.. XD
Hm...
Burn is a very nice Stamina wheel, but you lack a decent Stamina tip...
MS isn't a nice Stamina tip, even though the anime showcases it to be nice...

Burn Fireblaze/Pegasus 105WB would be a mediocre Stamina type.

Burn Fireblaze/Pegasus R145F can be used for Attack...

Ben-Ben- I know, haha! XD
I want to know whether RS is outclassed by RB for a solid defense combo??
Also should i use RF or R2F on MF diablo nemesis 105/CH120???
In a way, yes. We can say that RS is outclassed by RB for Defense. But, both are pretty much similar. I find RB more versatile for that matter, and that's why I think its better than RS. But I may be wrong...
As for using RF or R2F, try both. Whichever you feel comfortable with, is the one you should use. Smile
Is Meteo L-Drago BGrin a good combo? I'm getting a Phantom Orion soon so I was thinking of a combo BGrin would be good in,without phantom that is.
Not really. Phantom is really the only reason to buy Phantom Orion. B:D is pretty much useless.

Cygnus, I have read that BGrin with MLD is a good spin stealer. Spin stealers are not that good though in my opinion.
is basalt kerbecs 230 d a good stamina combo
Sorta, but Basalt being unbalanced can give it funky movements sometimes (not a great idea for Stamina). I suppose that Phantom or Duo could work better, but it honestly depends on what parts you have. If you don't have Duo or Phantom, you should be fine with Basalt.
(Apr. 24, 2012  9:53 PM)geetster99 Wrote: is basalt kerbecs 230 d a good stamina combo

Mostly. A CS would make it better, because CS gives it more room to wobble... D is fairly good though, as it gives stamina, but stresses when it wobbles...
(Apr. 23, 2012  10:55 PM)PhantomFox27 Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2012  10:40 PM)Gingka Blader#1 Wrote: You can't use Samurai Ifraid becauseA: you can't use it in tourneys andB: I dont think the chrome and crystal wheel are compatible with MFB. There are no tests yet to find out what are good combos.
they are compatible

No they're not. You can't use Zero-G chrome wheels with non-Zero-G crystal faces and vice versa. That's why the synchrom system is there. you can mix and match Zero-G chrome wheels, though.
(Apr. 24, 2012  4:25 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2012  10:31 AM)zionson Wrote:

Good luck!

What Uwik said is completely true, but I am a bit worried about the fact that you might be battling in Hasbro stadiums... Unhappy

Actually the eliminations use Wide Square Types. :p