"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
djsmarte1
Go with Janstar's combo, Basalt_____R145WB. If you launch at full power you may get WB to go aggressive and score an early KO, or SKO yourself from R145 and Basalts recoil.

@Janstar
I don't mind, everyone misreads (I am guilty of it myself). As for Hell, I never really liked it. It seemed to... weak. It has wide and outward distribution, which helps with stamina but I don't think it is ready to outclass Earth. But yes as a replacement for it it will suit well. Mind you Earth is more widely available than Hell due to Hasbro's releases so I don't see why you would use it over Earth. Earth has the least recoil I've ever seen on a bey which is what makes it such an incredible defence/stamina piece. Hell has recoil, I've seen it on attack types. Anyone with Earth on an attack bey is kinda... stupid.
Yes, I agree on that point. Smile
I was just referring to how Hell quickly placed in the Tier List, pushing Earth down. Smile
Earth may be better, but upon Hell's release, it had become the best Stamina wheel. I just hope it wasn't overrated, then.
Earth is super-low on recoil, and most of us simply love it.
Hell Kerbecs is hard to come by, but it is simply the only thing you require. Hell and Kerbecs have decent synergy; BD145 is Boost Mode is epic, and WD is not hard to come past. The significantly greater weight, plus BD145's Boost Mode would reduce the effect of recoil quite a lot. Smile
Also hey, maybe you would have missed a few things when you were on a hiatus. Smile
Earth, Basalt, etc. are being used in combos similar to Attack types. They are known as anti-meta combos. Smile
People tend to use them at times, I do not know about their tournament performance, but yeah. Smile
I am aware of Anti-Meta's, I am not that out of the loop Tongue_out
I was not aware of Earth being one though? I know of BasaltBullR145RF and the such, but Earth is the last wheel I would expect on any attack combo, anti-meta or not. No decent contact points, low recoil, not even a heavy weight to push things around. It doesn't sound like a brilliant attacker.
Hell on BD145 (Boost Mode) is really good, I've seen it in action. So yes I guess when combined with Boost Disk Hell could outclass Earth, but stand alone Earth works in more combo's, 230, 145 or 90 it still works very well. I've seen an Earth230 beat VariAresR145, something that HellBD145 would struggle to do. Where Hell is restricted to one height on BD145 to be viable vs Earth, Earth can be on almost any height and still be good. I think Hell was a bit overrated, but that is just my opinion. I do have to admit though that the bey that I have been searching for for months is Hell Kerbecs Tongue_out. All in all I guess it comes down to personal preference, if you like HellDB145 use that but I'm sticking with my trusty Earth.
(Jan. 07, 2012  7:46 AM)S.D.C Wrote: I am aware of Anti-Meta's, I am not that out of the loop Tongue_out
I was not aware of Earth being one though? I know of BasaltBullR145RF and the such, but Earth is the last wheel I would expect on any attack combo, anti-meta or not. No decent contact points,low recoil, not even a heavy weight to push things around. It doesn't sound like a brilliant attacker.

Low recoil is good always for an attacker.
I think it has been drilled into our heads enough by now.
@pockyx3

That is true, very true actually. Don't know what possessed me to put that in there. I guess my mind being slow as it is just went "Recoil = Beys go Boom!". I do think that to have decent attack you need to have at least little recoil, or else you will be gaining without giving anything in return. It just doesn't work. VariAres and Blitz are examples, great attack but have high recoil. So low recoil means low attack in some strange logic of mine.
what works best with variares ch120 or r145, becuase. im not really sure. how does mf variares d125/s130 r2f perform.
CH120RF shows better tests results.
D125RF is decent.
S130RF is not very good at all
R145RF is best for me. I get more smash/KO

This is all my opinion
Those are good results but I think the best ones are CH120 RF and R145 RF.
(Jan. 07, 2012  2:18 PM)Bleik Wrote: CH120RF shows better tests results.
D125RF is decent.
S130RF is not very good at all
R145RF is best for me. I get more smash/KO

This is all my opinion

thanks
(Jan. 07, 2012  2:09 PM)dragoonevo Wrote: what works best with variares ch120 or r145, becuase. im not really sure. how does mf variares d125/s130 r2f perform.

VariAres works with both Ch120 and R145 but its better with R145 MF VariAres D125/S130 R2F performs pretty good can KO but doesnt have much stamina
(Jan. 07, 2012  2:34 PM)dragoonevo Wrote: how well is phantom for attack.
Not too fantabulous, it rocks at Stamina and Defence but not Attack.
@S.D.C- Actually, it rocks for Stamina, is great for Attack, and pretty decent for Defense, provided you get the heavier mold by luck... Smile
So, its superb for stamina and attack.
does phantom match the attack power of variares and blitz
No, of course not.
Its pretty decent though, but those two(VariAres and Blitz) are high class.
@Janstar
Phantom seems pretty good with 85RB, but hey that's one combo. And wasn't I the one saying earlier that the more combo's the part is good in, the better it is Tongue_out And that is, as you said, assuming you got a heavy mold of Phantom.

@drgoonevo
No, Phantom may be decent for attack as Janstar has corrected me on, but VariAres and Blitz are in a different league. It's like, if you know Pokemon, Where VariAres and Blitz are part of the Elite Four Phantom is the First Gym Leader.

...God I cannot believe I just made a Pokemon based metaphor. What have I become!?
@S.D.C- A Pokemon fan? Tongue_out
Also, I do not even own Phantom. I was just referring to its tests. Smile

(Jan. 07, 2012  7:48 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  7:46 AM)S.D.C Wrote: I am aware of Anti-Meta's, I am not that out of the loop Tongue_out
I was not aware of Earth being one though? I know of BasaltBullR145RF and the such, but Earth is the last wheel I would expect on any attack combo, anti-meta or not. No decent contact points,low recoil, not even a heavy weight to push things around. It doesn't sound like a brilliant attacker.

Low recoil is good always for an attacker.
I think it has been drilled into our heads enough by now.

Low recoil/No recoil is good for everything. Not just an attacker.
Actually, there is simply no low-recoil attack wheel.
A decent Attacker needs to have LOADS of Smash, and Smash gives rise to recoil.
So, an Attacker will never be low recoil.
The reason why we refer to wheels like Phantom, LLD as low-recoil wheels at times, is because they have considerably lower recoil than VariAres and Blitz (the ruling Attackers in today's game). This is because, they probably have lower Smash in comparison to the two.
The ability to handle recoil is important for an attacker.
It would have been clear by now that every attacker has recoil no matter what.
The reason why wheels like Galaxy and Cyber suck is because they cannot handle the recoil they suffer. Smile
Important factors which affects an Attacker's ability to handle recoil are known to be-
1. Weight- Heavier combos tend to handle their recoil better. They need MFs/MF-Hs.
2. Grip- RF-like tips do this quite well, and reduce self-KOing to a certain extent. Smile

OK, now to the main point.
Anti-Meta combos are not pure attackers. They make use of their heavy weight to push out opponents. Its like a Sumo Wrestler against a normal man. Smile
(Jan. 07, 2012  3:12 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: @S.D.C- A Pokemon fan? Tongue_out
Kinda, I recently got a new phone and have gotten back into Emerald 'cause I was bored. It seems to have sucked me back into its swarming depths Tongue_out_wink

(Jan. 07, 2012  3:12 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Actually, there is simply no low-recoil attack wheel.
A decent Attacker needs to have LOADS of Smash, and Smash gives rise to recoil.
So, an Attacker will never be low recoil.
That is basically a better way of explaining what I was saying a few posts back. Thanks for doing what I failed to Smile
ok i need a good balance bey, can someone help?

these are my beyblades:
earth eagle
twisted tempo
rock orso
rock aries
thermal pisces
thermal lacerta
lightning l-drago x3
flame byxis
storm pegasus
grand cetus
ray striker
flame aries h145 fs
earth wolf 105 wd
cyber pegasus
torch aries
burn fireblaze
counter leone
evil pisces ed145 wd
earth virgo

thanks in advance!
There are not many decent Balance combos in the game... :\
So, I won't suggest any.
But, here are a few for-
Attack- Lightning L Drago D125RF
Defense- Twisted Virgo GB145/230CS/RS (If you're using 230, use just CS)
Stamina- Twisted Virgo 145WD/Earth Eagle uncustomized.

You need Hades Kerbecs. Smile
(Jan. 07, 2012  3:58 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: There are not many decent Balance combos in the game... :\
So, I won't suggest any.
But, here are a few for-
Attack- Lightning L Drago D125RF
Defense- Twisted Virgo GB145/230CS/RS (If you're using 230, use just CS)
Stamina- Twisted Virgo 145WD/Earth Eagle uncustomized.

You need Hades Kerbecs. Smile

thanks!

wow i didnt know twisted can be used in stamina...
i tryed to get Hades kerbecs yesterday, but there wasn't any at walmart.
Twisted is quite decent for Stamina, though not the best you know. Smile
Also, try for Gravity Destroyer if possible. AD145 is essential...
(Jan. 07, 2012  4:25 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Twisted is quite decent for Stamina, though not the best you know. Smile
Also, try for Gravity Destroyer if possible. AD145 is essential...

aw manPinching_eyes i could of gotten gravity destroyer yesterday!
i didn't want to though because it was hasbro and didn't have beylauncher LR
Would burn bull T125ES be a good stamina combo if I'm limited to hasbro beys?
No, not at all.
Best ones are-
Twisted Aquario AD145WD
Hell Kerbecs BD145WD

There may be more, but these are at the top of the list.