"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(Dec. 05, 2011  1:07 AM)th!nk Wrote: ...

We... don't have zombies in MFB...

You can't make anything good with those beyblades, for anything, I am afraid.

I'm not much of an expert but I would like to disagree, I was hoping I could use somebetter pieces but for now Rock Capricorn105DS has been doing me good for now, but thanks, I'll continue to try and find more zombie combinations if I can. Grin
There really aren't Zombies in MFB. The closest things are MLD combos, but even those are nothing near Zombie.
There are no zombies in MFB.And th!nk is right.
I am generally considered knowledgeable, and that combo is bad in any adequate stadium.

There are no zombies in MFB, simply because there are no appropriate parts to make one.

Believe me, if there were, someone would be using it by now.
(Dec. 05, 2011  1:07 AM)bulbasup Wrote: would phantom bull 230/BD145 CS be a good combo?

Why don't you search for "phantom bull" in the following 4 threads and then post again to let us know what you find out?

(phantom discussion, competitive MFB combos, winning combos, build me a combo)
(Dec. 04, 2011  11:13 PM)Rival Wrote: Which is better

Basalt Bull 230WD/D
or
Basalt Bull AD145WD/D???
-Rival

Neither are better they both are very useable, depending on the opponent, and a little bit personal preference. (in regards to the D/WD that is)

I would say AD145 in more situations, but that really depends on what you come across regularly... if you face mainly Low-Track, 85/90, then 230 would be more appropriate, However if you mainly face Mid to High Track, 120-230, then AD145 would be the better choice..

As for the tips, the current 'belief' around the WBO for many members is to use D on 230 and TH170, and WD on everything else... not everyone believes/follows this, but to many that is the rule of thumb. I personally prescribe to it being personal preference and they perform fairly equally (though there will be situations where one tip will be a better choice than others)...

@ arupaeo
ok thanx man i was just wondering if it was better than the basalt combo
gibsonmac: D outperforms WD on 230, plain and simple. Please do not say otherwise to the impressionable, even if it is your opinion, you are alone in this.

This is not a "belief" formed by hivemind-esque interactions, as there was a very substantial period of time when it was thought that WD worked better. It was shown that D works better at tournaments and in testing, not from "Personal Preference".
(Dec. 05, 2011  1:31 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: As for the tips, the current 'belief' around the WBO for many members is to use D on 230 and TH170, and WD on everything else... not everyone believes/follows this, but to many that is the rule of thumb. I personally prescribe to it being personal preference and they perform fairly equally (though there will be situations where one tip will be a better choice than others)...

(Dec. 05, 2011  1:49 AM)th!nk Wrote: gibsonmac: D outperforms WD on 230, plain and simple. Please do not say otherwise to the impressionable, even if it is your opinion, you are alone in this.

This is not a "belief" formed by hivemind-esque interactions, as there was a very substantial period of time when it was thought that WD worked better. It was shown that D works better at tournaments and in testing, not from "Personal Preference".

I was talking about WD being better on everything other than 230/220 NOT debating 230 and D paring... In heights OTHER than 230/220 it really does come down to personal preference/the match-up as to whether D/WD or even DS/WWD/SD/EWD is better, they all have slightly different strengths..

You certainly implied heavily that you thought otherwise, at least, that is how I still read that post. :\
im looking for an OK stamina combo and a pretty good attack combo, so here are my parts:
Fang Leone W105R2F
Lightning L-drago BD145RF
Hell Kerbecs 100DS
Meteo L-drago 125WD
and heres some extra parts: LF, WA130, Byxis and Virgo

please try to help!! Grin
ATK: Lightning L-Drago BD145RF
STAM: Hell Kerbecs 100/BD145(Boost)WD
(Dec. 05, 2011  4:51 AM)exemartinez Wrote: im looking for an OK stamina combo and a pretty good attack combo, so here are my parts:
Fang Leone W105R2F
Lightning L-drago BD145RF
Hell Kerbecs 100DS
Meteo L-drago 125WD
and heres some extra parts: LF, WA130, Byxis and Virgo

please try to help!! Grin

Meteo l-drago 100/125 wd is a ok stamina custom(spin stealer)
Lld bd145 rf is also great but u can add lf if u want a little stamina
Low attacker:fang __________ 100 rf
LF is a horrid tip and should not be used for anything. Do not make recommendations unless you actually know what you're talking about.

Rai gave correct combo's.
Where does he say LF?
My bad I thought that was a spelling mistake
is there a combo that could easily defeat MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS? feel free to name prts you think is suited to counter the combo I mentioned I could get the parts very easily
There are many.
An attack one is MF Variares CH120/R145/RF/R²F
Stamina combos, even as basic as Earth Aquario AD145SD can OS it.
Do not mislead him into thinking Attackers can "easily" KO that combo.

Stamina is and will always be the best answer to that combo. Phantom Aquario/Cancer TH170D/CS will beat it every single time.
(Dec. 05, 2011  11:19 AM)Hazel Wrote: Do not mislead him into thinking Attackers can "easily" KO that combo.

Stamina is and will always be the best answer to that combo. Phantom Aquario/Cancer TH170D/CS will beat it every single time.

Ah, maybe Raigeko didn't read the word 'easily' in bladerjosh1994's post, and simply suggested a combo which id capable to beat that combo. Smile
No, a lot of people think it can "easily" KO Basalt BD145CS... Too much Dan exposure IMO Wink
(Dec. 05, 2011  4:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: No, a lot of people think it can "easily" KO Basalt BD145CS... Too much Dan exposure IMO Wink

Tbh, I thought the same! Wink
LOL!
It was just after one of Hazel's reply to one of your posts(when you revealed that you can't use VariAres well...) that I realized that Basalt BD145CS is tough for VariAres. Tongue_out
Well, now for the actual reason to post here-
Referring to Hazel's post(I noticed this before, but I forgot to ask)- Wouldn't CS be risky for the purpose?
CS has good stamina, but there are many tips which outrank it.
Also, we do not know the condition of his/her CS. Smile
I think we must introduce exclusive short-hand terms for the condition of CS. Wink
I wouldnt say people are wrong for thinking Vari can easily KO Basalt BD145 easily. I see this for myself all the time! VariAres, a wheel for the more skilled players only, destroys Basalt. I only use Blitz on those rare occasions I use attack because I know I can not use Vari effectively and Blitz is for those who like attack but are less skilled in the field.. As a matter of fact, I think Dan asked Bluez to make a video of Vari beating Basalt the last time I was with him..........hmm...maybe I can find it somewhere.

Out of curiousity, out of these parts, which would be most effective for attack/stamina combo? Need to find something that suits my play style of stamina but with the attack to beat the heavier spammed combos. I have a combo but I need one more.

Wheels I have in mind that I own:
Blitz
Phantom
Basalt (....i hate this thing sometimes)
Hell

Tracks I MAY want to use:
GB145
R145
UW145
CH120
C145

Bottoms I may want to use:
MF
RF
XF
RSF
CS (*I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO USE THIS)
RDF
I need a good attack defence and stamina combo out of these beyblades

Gravity perseus ad145wd
basalt horogium 145wd
galaxy pegasis105r2f
grand cetus wd145rs
ray unicornod125cs
earth virgogb145bs
flame byxis 230wd
Spin-Sonic: it's still not an "easy" wheel to use, and generally, the answer to basalt bd145 is stamina.

As for your request, only two combo's come to mind, but you don't have the parts,Unhappy MF-F phantom (attack) cancer ad145RF, and MF gravity perseus bd145mf, though that is starting to show its age now... Don't really know out of the parts you listed, but you may try uw145 in place of ad145 in the phantom combo.
(Dec. 05, 2011  10:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: Spin-Sonic: it's still not an "easy" wheel to use, and generally, the answer to basalt bd145 is stamina.

As for your request, only two combo's come to mind, but you don't have the parts,Unhappy MF-F phantom (attack) cancer ad145RF, and MF gravity perseus bd145mf, though that is starting to show its age now... Don't really know out of the parts you listed, but you may try uw145 in place of ad145 in the phantom combo.

I agree it is not easy to use BUT does the necessarily mean that VariAres can not take out Basalt as Dan has been stating? Wouldn't the true nature of the problem be that the users are not skilled enough to use Vari and make it do what it is very well capable of doing? Just a thought.

As for the combos you listed, I have all of those with the exception of Gravity. I just did not list them because I did not like the way the performed in my prelim. testing for combos.