"Build me a combo!" #2

Poll: yes or no

yes
0%
no
100.00%
Total: 100% 2 vote(s)
(Dec. 02, 2011  11:18 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Attack: Lightning L-Drago CH120RF/Gravity Destroyer D125RF/R2F
Defense: Phantom Aquario 100/CH120WD (Really, really bad. You don't have any good defense MWs (I'd use Phantom for stamina over defense, but Phantom is Top-Tier Defense. Get another if you must, but try get Twisted or Death), tracks or tips.)
Stamina: Phantom Orion BGrin/AD145WD

Attack is decent, Stamina is top-tier and Defense is more stamina than defense, sucks really badly.

Oh I forgot to put Death Quetz. in the list. But I have it.
Oh, well in that case (I'm trying to not repeat parts here):

Defense: Death Aquario (I prefer Quetz for looks but Aquario is more balanced and heavier) 100/CH120RDF (Get a Beat Lynx, it'll help attack and defense a lot).
You don't have any viable Defense tracks, otherwise Death and RDF would make a solid Defense setup. Get Hell Kerbecs.

Use Aquario on Phantom AD145WD.

B:D is sub-optimal.
(Dec. 02, 2011  11:11 PM)Inceptio Wrote: What is a good combo with Phantom Orion, Death Quetz., Storm Aquario, Dark Gasher, Lightning L Drago, Storm Pegasus, Galaxy Pegasus, Rock Scorio, Rock Orso, Fury Capricorn, Flame Sagitarrio,and Gravity Destroyer AD145WD?

Phantom (attack) "Gasher" AD145RF, it honestly works far better with an MF-F, but that is by far the best attacker you can make. It's currently my favourite combo by a looooong way.

Of course, the combo Hazel mentioned isn't bad either, I'd suggest switching between the two at tourneys, though his recommendations are solid, I'd definitely add an MF-2 set to that list.

Hazel: I would suggest Cancer, instead. It seems to compliment Phantom somehow, or Aquario doesn't compliment it.
Aquario works very well on the AD145 combo, actually! AD145 has good synergy with it.
I'll take your word for it, but it totally wrecks MF-F Phantom (Attack) AD145RF's stamina (which is outstanding for an attacker, and one of the main selling points IMO).
Circular weight distribution when on WD is very helpful.

Doesn't get any more circular than Aquario.
Which is better: Ray PheonixR145CS or Earth AquarioED145WD
Earth Aquario ED145WD, but they're both bad... if you switch ED145 for another track, like 145, AD145, GB145, etc. it would be better, though.
I'd probably use ED145 over a regular 145, Hazel

AD145 and GB145 are way better though, yeah.
Nawww, ED145 is just terrible, and with Aquario displacing the weight to the outer permiter, 145 would actually do much better. ED145 creates recoil and gets stuff jammed in it too often.

There's a reason uncustomized Earth Aquila 145WD remains the best pre-kerbecs "if you can only buy one thing" purchase.
Come on man! Meteo LDrago ED145WD.

Because it has Earth and WD on it..
Meteo-L Drago is left spin.

and belongs on 100.

and nothing else.

ever.

That's a well known combination bro.
Yes, it is! I am aware of things - especially things I discredit. Smile 100 is just preferable - both to my knowledge and in my own experiences with the parts.

Regardless, ED145 works on Meteo and very little else, and I'm not going to recommend a track that is more risk than reward.
(Dec. 03, 2011  12:24 AM)Hazel Wrote: Circular weight distribution when on WD is very helpful.

Doesn't get any more circular than Aquario.

That stability should affect it the same on basically any tip, though, should it not?

And sorry Dan, I'd go with 145 over ED145 for Earth WD any day.
haha.

Okay, I'd just trust an ED145 more. Opinion thing, like most customization choices. Tongue_out

Basically, but being as balanced as it is, it should have a more noticable impact on tips like WD, which wobble toward the end of their lives.

I like Cancer as a CW, don't get me wrong - and I know it's better for a lot of stuff on Phantom, but I'm just rationalizing the probable reason behind Aquario being the favorite for AD145WD and TH170D.
... I still don't see why a significant improvement of stamina on one tip, even if it is RF, wouldn't translate to better performance on WD, though, unless Cancer is causing a basalt-like effect (which I doubt)?
Anything is possible! Test it yourself and find out, as I am 1000000% positive you have at least one WD somewhere in your house.
I don't have an AD145 and i lost my GB145. The Ray is my heaviest wheel though and I love CS but my R145 is heavy so do you have suggestions for the Pheonix?
(Dec. 03, 2011  1:59 AM)Hazel Wrote: Anything is possible! Test it yourself and find out, as I am 1000000% positive you have at least one WD somewhere in your house.

I will test it when I have time, but MFB Stamina battles take a lot of the aforementioned resource. However, I only have the one phantom, so it will be difficult to tell.
(Dec. 03, 2011  2:10 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 03, 2011  1:59 AM)Hazel Wrote: Anything is possible! Test it yourself and find out, as I am 1000000% positive you have at least one WD somewhere in your house.

I will test it when I have time, but MFB Stamina battles take a lot of the aforementioned resource. However, I only have the one phantom, so it will be difficult to tell.

Solo Spin would work just fine for this particular test, gingerbread.

(Dec. 03, 2011  2:04 AM)DaBull124 Wrote: I don't have an AD145 and i lost my GB145. The Ray is my heaviest wheel though and I love CS but my R145 is heavy so do you have suggestions for the Pheonix?

...? What?

(Dec. 03, 2011  2:04 AM)DaBull124 Wrote: I don't have an AD145 and i lost my GB145. The Ray is my heaviest wheel though and I love CS but my R145 is heavy so do you have suggestions for the Pheonix?

...? What?
[/quote]

Suggestions for the Pheonix.
For what about it? Repeating yourself does not help. Do you want a different CW? A different combo?

List all of your parts if you want help.