Blaze Ragnaruk testing

(Jun. 11, 2017  3:41 AM)Mage Wrote: Wow, 2 Glaive affected it's stamina that much..
It was never stamina. bR has terrible stamina, if you referenced the tests above. It's the bursts that matter.
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:03 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:41 AM)Mage Wrote: Wow, 2 Glaive affected it's stamina that much..
It was never stamina. bR has terrible stamina, if you referenced the tests above. It's the bursts that matter.

Whoops
But what made bR have less attack when it had 2G? What main factors could've changed its attack that had to do with its weight?
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:07 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:03 AM)Bastillon Wrote: It was never stamina. bR has terrible stamina, if you referenced the tests above. It's the bursts that matter.

Whoops
But what made bR have less attack when it had 2G? What main factors could've changed its attack that had to do with its weight?
Mainly the weight distribution of the disk, the weight of the bey itself and the hindrance of a frame.
(Jun. 11, 2017  2:35 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  10:10 AM)Wombat Wrote: Can someone test Blaze Ragnaruk Gravity/2G or 4G (I forget which one people started using before the D2 ban) Defense against Acid Anubis Spread Revolve and Odin Spread/Yell Revolve? From what I've been hearing so far the Layer plays very similarly to D2 so I'm interested to see how well it works on the most popular D2 setup.

Can we get some tests against Right-Spin Attack types too (both KO and Burst)? While it performed pretty well against L2 Attackers, I did saw bR get bursted by Neptune once during Beyblade North, which didn't exactly give me high hopes for its Burst Defense (though this was most likely just a freak occurrence).
With pleasure.
bRGD vs A2SR
bRGD: 10 (9 BF, 1 SF)
A2SR: 9 (9 SF)
Draw: 1 (1 DSF)

bR2GD vs A2SR
bR2GD: 1 (1 SF)
A2SR: 15 (15 SF)
Draw: 4 (4 DSF)
Absolutely painful to watch.

bR4GD vs A2SR
bR4GD: 8 (1 SF, 1 KO,6 BF)
A2SR: 8 (7 SF, 1 KO)
Draw: 4 (4 DSF)

bRGX vs A2SR
bRGX: 17 (17 BF)
A2SR: 3 (3 SF)
Draw: 0
Justice is served.
Seriously, it's pretty obvious that A2's weakness is burst resistance. Not exploiting it would be akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

bRGC vs gVHX
bRGC: 19 (19 SF)
gVHX: 1 (1 SF)
Draw: 0
on the basis of these tests i am guessing bR can counter A2 pretty well.You should try bR 4V At against A S/K R/Y.Also why gV over V2.

(Jun. 10, 2017  10:10 AM)Wombat Wrote: Can someone test Blaze Ragnaruk Gravity/2G or 4G (I forget which one people started using before the D2 ban) Defense against Acid Anubis Spread Revolve and Odin Spread/Yell Revolve? From what I've been hearing so far the Layer plays very similarly to D2 so I'm interested to see how well it works on the most popular D2 setup.

Can we get some tests against Right-Spin Attack types too (both KO and Burst)? While it performed pretty well against L2 Attackers, I did saw bR get bursted by Neptune once during Beyblade North, which didn't exactly give me high hopes for its Burst Defense (though this was most likely just a freak occurrence).

that burst against neptune must have been a fluke. Also bR has tall teeth and round shape  so basically it has good burst defense.bR has been tested against right spin attack types in the other bR testing thread.
BTW just clearing, if someone says a bey "counters other" that mean it should beat it very consistently. Which mean like how Odin Heavy Revolve beats K2 Revolve. Or L2GH will do to HSE lol.
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:36 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: BTW just clearing, if someone says a bey "counters other" that mean it should beat it very consistently. Which mean like how  Odin Heavy Revolve beats K2 Revolve. Or L2GH will do to HSE lol.

thanks for clearing up tho what i wanted to say was bR has a high chance of winning against A2 due to its more aggressive shape than odin neptune and wyvern.btw L2GH does not counter HSE it rekts it lol.
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:46 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: thanks for clearing up tho what i wanted to say was bR has a high chance of winning against A2 due to its more aggressive shape than odin neptune and wyvern.
A2 was never a decent layer to begin with because of its poor burst resistance. Sure, it might have the chance of competing with D2, but it'll get wrecked by everything else if the opponent has a burst attack layer. And trust me, they'll always have one of these. Not exactly sure why anyone requested this matchup anyway. Picking something that doesn't exploit the weakness of the other bey is just asking for punishment. If it's for testing stamina value, just look at the shape of the layer: next to none.

About bR's burst resistance, it's pretty good in general, but still gets outshine by newer layers like dF. Maybe there are some single layer or dual layers that can occasionally burst it, but it'll be fine most of the time.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:20 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:46 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: thanks for clearing up tho what i wanted to say was bR has a high chance of winning against A2 due to its more aggressive shape than odin neptune and wyvern.
A2 was never a decent layer to begin with because of its poor burst resistance. Sure, it might have the chance of competing with D2, but it'll get wrecked by everything else if the opponent has a burst attack layer. And trust me, they'll always have one of these. Not exactly sure why anyone requested this matchup anyway. Picking something that doesn't exploit the weakness of the other bey is just asking for punishment. If it's for testing stamina value, just look at the shape of the layer: next to none.

About bR's burst resistance, it's pretty good in general, but still gets outshine by newer layers like dF. Maybe there are some single layer or dual layers that can occasionally burst it, but it'll be fine most of the time.

yea i know A2 is just good against wyvern neptune and odin and it gets bursted by anything which has a more aggressive design. i heard bR can counter dF is it true?
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:20 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:46 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: thanks for clearing up tho what i wanted to say was bR has a high chance of winning against A2 due to its more aggressive shape than odin neptune and wyvern.

It placed twice in Toronto Beydays. It has good stamina but bad burst resistance but that doesn't make it useless. Risky but not useless.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:46 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:20 AM)Bastillon Wrote: A2 was never a decent layer to begin with because of its poor burst resistance. Sure, it might have the chance of competing with D2, but it'll get wrecked by everything else if the opponent has a burst attack layer. And trust me, they'll always have one of these. Not exactly sure why anyone requested this matchup anyway. Picking something that doesn't exploit the weakness of the other bey is just asking for punishment. If it's for testing stamina value, just look at the shape of the layer: next to none.

It placed twice in Toronto Beydays. It has good stamina but bad burst resistance but that doesn't make it useless. Risky but not useless.

Yup A2 is like chaos but much safer than it.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: It placed twice in Toronto Beydays. It has good stamina but bad burst resistance but that doesn't make it useless. Risky but not useless.
I never mentioned it's "useless", it's just "not decent". Stop shoving words into my mouth.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i heard bR can counter dF is it true?
Not quite sure, I've done rough test runs with bR against dF combos and dF wins most of the time.
(Jun. 11, 2017  12:11 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: It placed twice in Toronto Beydays. It has good stamina but bad burst resistance but that doesn't make it useless. Risky but not useless.
I never mentioned it's "useless", it's just "not decent". Stop shoving words into my mouth.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:25 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i heard bR can counter dF is it true?
Not quite sure, I've done rough test runs with bR against dF combos and dF wins most of the time.

did u tried mirror matches with alternated launches?
bR doesn't work well with heavy. I'll post some tests later using Spread, coz that's the best disk for bR
(Jun. 12, 2017  5:39 PM)KiddLamy Wrote: bR doesn't work well with heavy. I'll post some tests later using Spread, coz that's the best disk for bR

i thought bR worked best with number disks and frames with atomic. anyways with which driver is bR supposed to be good with spread? what does that combo do i mean is that combo a defense type or stamina or stamina defense hybrid
(Jun. 12, 2017  5:44 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  5:39 PM)KiddLamy Wrote: bR doesn't work well with heavy. I'll post some tests later using Spread, coz that's the best disk for bR
i thought bR worked best with number disks and frames with atomic. anyways with which driver is bR supposed to be good with spread? what does that combo do i mean is that combo a defense type or stamina or stamina defense hybrid
Whenever I used bR with a number disk and frame it wasn't great (but I don't have atomic so that might be why). I use it with Revolve which is a stamina Defense hybrid
(Jun. 12, 2017  8:09 PM)KiddLamy Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  5:44 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i thought bR worked best with number disks and frames with atomic. anyways with which driver is bR supposed to be good with spread? what does that combo do i mean is that combo a defense type or stamina or stamina defense hybrid
Whenever I used bR with a number disk and frame it wasn't great (but I don't have atomic so that might be why). I use it with Revolve which is a stamina Defense hybrid

have u tried bR S R against O/N/W S R tbh i dont think it will be good with S R cuz it has bad stamina
For anyone that believes A2s defense is complete utter trash, mine and Kei's informal tests of it say otherwise, all you need to do is weak bank launch and it becomes as good as Odin.  Victory Valkyrie (I would say around 30% win rate, V2 just self bursted against it constantly) has the worse win rate against A2, while stuff like Valkyrie and God Valkyrie (they did much better probably around 70%, they bursted it easily even with the bank) did much better.  We also tested Z2 and L2 against it, they also didn't do too well, L2 managed to KO more than actually burst it and Z2 just didn't do much really lol.  I feel like all these assumptions on combos have nothing backing them up and are based on theory alone which honestly gets under my skin.
Not trying to be rude but guys i think we are getting off-topic.This is a thread for bR not A2 so why not talk about bR.
(Jun. 12, 2017  9:44 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: For anyone that believes A2s defense is complete utter trash, mine and Kei's informal tests of it say otherwise, all you need to do is weak bank launch and it becomes as good as Odin.  Victory Valkyrie (I would say around 30% win rate, V2 just self bursted against it constantly) has the worse win rate against A2, while stuff like Valkyrie and God Valkyrie (they did much better probably around 70%, they bursted it easily even with the bank) did much better.  We also tested Z2 and L2 against it, they also didn't do too well, L2 managed to KO more than actually burst it and Z2 just didn't do much really lol.  I feel like all these assumptions on combos have nothing backing them up and are based on theory alone which honestly gets under my skin.
I think that A2's burst defense isn't the worst, but the thing is it's exposing itself to a huge risk of bursting. As you've mentioned, Valkyrie and God Valkyrie did much better against it, and I don't really think anyone would still be trying to use V2 now that gV comes out. Z2 is also rarely used, and L2 can just KO it instead of bursting A2. There's not much of a change to the current meta, because most things within the meta can deal with A2 without breaking a sweat. It's not complete trash, but far too risky to use in tournaments where the sample size of the matches are pathetically small.

Back on topic, bR does have a bit of attack and perhaps defense potential. Still have no ideas for a dF counter though, so need some ideas here.
I'm not scared to use A2 I can beat all the current stamina types with it and it can beat dF combos, as long as dF is around A2 is not a risky choice, attack on the other hand is, also I said L2 and Z2 didn't do too well meaning less than 50% win rate. So honestly only gV and Valk can beat it but we haven't seen those on winning combos often which shows how successful they really are in tournaments.
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:47 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  9:44 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: For anyone that believes A2s defense is complete utter trash, mine and Kei's informal tests of it say otherwise, all you need to do is weak bank launch and it becomes as good as Odin.  Victory Valkyrie (I would say around 30% win rate, V2 just self bursted against it constantly) has the worse win rate against A2, while stuff like Valkyrie and God Valkyrie (they did much better probably around 70%, they bursted it easily even with the bank) did much better.  We also tested Z2 and L2 against it, they also didn't do too well, L2 managed to KO more than actually burst it and Z2 just didn't do much really lol.  I feel like all these assumptions on combos have nothing backing them up and are based on theory alone which honestly gets under my skin.
I think that A2's burst defense isn't the worst, but the thing is it's exposing itself to a huge risk of bursting. As you've mentioned, Valkyrie and God Valkyrie did much better against it, and I don't really think anyone would still be trying to use V2 now that gV comes out. Z2 is also rarely used, and L2 can just KO it instead of bursting A2. There's not much of a change to the current meta, because most things within the meta can deal with A2 without breaking a sweat. It's not complete trash, but far too risky to use in tournaments where the sample size of the matches are pathetically small.

Back on topic, bR does have a bit of attack and perhaps defense potential. Still have no ideas for a dF counter though, so need some ideas here.

How about something like bR 4/6/8G/C At against a dF spin equalizer combo?Also test this combo against L2.
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:52 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: How about something like bR 4/6/8G/C At against a dF spin equalizer combo?Also test this combo against L2.

Tbh I don't think anyone wants to test something that will have an obvious winner.
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:58 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:52 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: How about something like bR 4/6/8G/C At against a dF spin equalizer combo?Also test this combo against L2.

Tbh I don't think anyone wants to test something that will have an obvious winner.

who will be the obvious winner?
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:58 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Tbh I don't think anyone wants to test something that will have an obvious winner.

who will be the obvious winner?

420 blaze it Ragnaruk
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:32 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2017  1:14 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: who will be the obvious winner?

420 blaze it Ragnaruk

haha lol but if thats the case why dont we all finally come to a conclusion about bR ,its uses and weaknesses and its competitive value?so that the info can be used to make a draft about it.