Blader's Kingdom Participant Feedback

(Jun. 29, 2022  3:22 PM)Brynessa Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2022  12:57 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: A quick word of advice for the future - when you attend a tournament in another region for the first time and you're confused about why players are doing something you aren't accustomed to, it's alway helpful to ask them directly rather than jumping to the conclusion that they're using shady tactics.

Your assumption that players who say mode change and turns their backs are using the ruling in an "un-fun" way to give themselves a "psychological advantage" is, in fact, the exact opposite. I know you weren't aware of this specific ruling, but the reason we turn our backs is to make the mode selection process more fair, rather than less. Imagine if instead I asked you if you were going to mode change, then decided whether or not to change my mode based on your response.

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, as others have summed up my thoughts more succinctly, but I felt the need to respond to this comment in particular. No hard feelings ZestyPhresh - I'm sure someday you'll be in a situation where you have to explain the rules less-experienced bladers and I don't think you would appreciate them jumping to unfair conclusions about you either :)

We had gone over this rule with Nighthwing beforehand and it wasn't that it was confusing; totally fair to turn backs so you can't see what the other person is doing. But calling a mode-change, and then deciding not to mode-change, still takes up the time and should count as the one mode change per shuffle.

Honestly, in a format where you are alowed to mode change as much as you want, instead of declaring mode changes there should just be a mandatory "Mode Change Phase" This would be a phase where after you and your opponent reveal your beyblades for the battle, you both just turn anound and make any mode changes you want. Then once both players say they are ready they can turn back around and reveal whatever changes they made. But at that point they can not try to mode change again until after that battle is concluded. So like if it is a draw and you feel like you want to switch back to lowmode you can do so. Sort of how the WBBA does it.

On a side note though, when Mike had first made the change to allow mode changes after the opponents reveal their beys for the battle I had asked him if I declare a mode change do I actually have to change my mode? His response was no because the mind games are ment to be a part of the game. As a blader you should know what mode your bey should be in so that you have the biggest advantage, reguardless of what mode changes they make.

And if you are only talking about the Rotation Changing rule, then is the issue more that they can Psych you out or that they are able to run more than one rotation changing bey and could save the rotaion chaning gimmick for their other rotation changer later?
I thought limiting the mode changing to once per shuffle was more to limit the amount of downtime during a match. If you're calling a mode change on any bey that can possibly do it, it's just taking up a lot of time. Zesty's suggestion was simply that if you call it, it counts as your mode change for that shuffle.
(Jun. 29, 2022  5:32 PM)Brynessa Wrote: I thought limiting the mode changing to once per shuffle was more to limit the amount of downtime during a match. If you're calling a mode change on any bey that can possibly do it, it's just taking up a lot of time. Zesty's suggestion was simply that if you call it, it counts as your mode change for that shuffle.

No. Only the Rotation Change is limited to once per shuffle. Not Mode Changes. You can mode change as much as you want. It’s only if the mode change is one that is changing your rotation are you limited to 1 per shuffle. Like if I use Astral Spriggan and say mode change and I change to high mode, I could still change the rotation of a draw was to occur.
(Jun. 29, 2022  5:32 PM)Brynessa Wrote: I thought limiting the mode changing to once per shuffle was more to limit the amount of downtime during a match. If you're calling a mode change on any bey that can possibly do it, it's just taking up a lot of time. Zesty's suggestion was simply that if you call it, it counts as your mode change for that shuffle.

"A blader is allowed to make mode changes to their blade BEFORE BATTLE even if it requires disassembly. For example: Adding or removing the Union Swords, swapping the infinite attachments, changing spin direction, changing driver tip (Quattro), changing the chassis orientation (4A, 2S, 2A, etc.). A blader is allowed only ONE spin rotation change per deck shuffle (when bladers present their first line up that is considered a deck shuffle. Both bladers are allowed one spin rotation change during the initial battles. If a reshuffle is to occur then both bladers are allowed one to spin direction change during this line up."

As it is written in the BK rules here, that's an infinite number of mode changes before battles, and a limit to one direction change per shuffle.

Have you been judging matches in BK format as one mode change per shuffle?
(Jun. 29, 2022  12:57 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: A quick word of advice for the future - when you attend a tournament in another region for the first time and you're confused about why players are doing something you aren't accustomed to, it's alway helpful to ask them directly rather than jumping to the conclusion that they're using shady tactics.

Your assumption that players who say mode change and turns their backs are using the ruling in an "un-fun" way to give themselves a "psychological advantage" is, in fact, the exact opposite. I know you weren't aware of this specific ruling, but the reason we turn our backs is to make the mode selection process more fair, rather than less. Imagine if instead I asked you if you were going to mode change, then decided whether or not to change my mode based on your response.

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, as others have summed up my thoughts more succinctly, but I felt the need to respond to this comment in particular. No hard feelings ZestyPhresh - I'm sure someday you'll be in a situation where you have to explain the rules less-experienced bladers and I don't think you would appreciate them jumping to unfair conclusions about you either Smile

I did show up a day ahead of time and went over the rulings with Mike, we had also read the rules. I didn't make any kind of scene or complaint during the event, and merely double checked with the organizer once I witnessed it as a Judge for a match. This is just my personal feedback on that rule.

"A blader must announce they are making a mode change to their opponent (they do not need to say what they are changing). Once a mode change is announced the opposing blader can also announce a mode change or choose not to. If both bladers choose to do mode changes they will both turn their backs and reconfigure their blade. If the opposing blader chooses not to do a mode change the mode changing blader does not need to turn around. Once the mode change has been completed the opposing blader cannot announce a mode change. In short: once your mode has been declared it has been locked in. There is no waiting to see what your opponent does and attempt to counter. (12.15.21)"

So the declaring a mode change and then not changing while still a viable option for a mode change, should still count as that locked in mode-change. I also did not say it was shady tactics, only that I found it unfun to call a mode change and purposely not change just to call a mode change again later. I saw multiple uses of this through the finals bracket and understand its potency for winning matches, I just did not like it.

(Jun. 29, 2022  5:49 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: No. Only the Rotation Change is limited to once per shuffle. Not Mode Changes. You can mode change as much as you want. It’s only if the mode change is one that is changing your rotation are you limited to 1 per shuffle. Like if I use Astral Spriggan and say mode change and I change to high mode, I could still change the rotation of a draw was to occur.

Sorry I think we are using the mode change term when we should have been saying spin direction. We are referring to the spin direction change, not the high/low mode change. I understand changing high/low mode is allowed between battles.
(Jun. 29, 2022  5:51 PM)ZestyPhresh Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2022  12:57 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: A quick word of advice for the future - when you attend a tournament in another region for the first time and you're confused about why players are doing something you aren't accustomed to, it's alway helpful to ask them directly rather than jumping to the conclusion that they're using shady tactics.

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, as others have summed up my thoughts more succinctly, but I felt the need to respond to this comment in particular. No hard feelings ZestyPhresh - I'm sure someday you'll be in a situation where you have to explain the rules less-experienced bladers and I don't think you would appreciate them jumping to unfair conclusions about you either Smile

I did show up a day ahead of time and went over the rulings with Mike, we had also read the rules. I didn't make any kind of scene or complaint during the event, and merely double checked with the organizer once I witnessed it as a Judge for a match. This is just my personal feedback on that rule.

"A blader must announce they are making a mode change to their opponent (they do not need to say what they are changing). Once a mode change is announced the opposing blader can also announce a mode change or choose not to. If both bladers choose to do mode changes they will both turn their backs and reconfigure their blade. If the opposing blader chooses not to do a mode change the mode changing blader does not need to turn around. Once the mode change has been completed the opposing blader cannot announce a mode change. In short: once your mode has been declared it has been locked in. There is no waiting to see what your opponent does and attempt to counter. (12.15.21)"

So the declaring a mode change and then not changing while still a viable option for a mode change, should still count as that locked in mode-change. I also did not say it was shady tactics, only that I found it unfun to call a mode change and purposely not change just to call a mode change again later. I saw multiple uses of this through the finals bracket and understand its potency for winning matches, I just did not like it.

(Jun. 29, 2022  5:49 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: No. Only the Rotation Change is limited to once per shuffle. Not Mode Changes. You can mode change as much as you want. It’s only if the mode change is one that is changing your rotation are you limited to 1 per shuffle. Like if I use Astral Spriggan and say mode change and I change to high mode, I could still change the rotation of a draw was to occur.

Sorry I think we are using the mode change term when we should have been saying spin direction. We are referring to the spin direction change, not the high/low mode change. I understand changing high/low mode is allowed between battles.

Technically rotation changing is a “Mode Change”. So I get the confusion. It’s just easier to know exactly what someone is referring to if it’s a specific mode change. But this is why I think being allowed more than 1 rotation changing bey is an issue. Because a smart tactic would be to say mode change every battle just so you can make any and all decisions a secret. And technically I could just take my bey apart and flip my armor or chassis around and that be my mode change, even if I didn’t “change the mode”. So really in the end it doesn’t matter if they actually change the mode or not.
Okay so after a conversation with Mike.Nightwing I have decided that I will write out the rules that I see to be an issue with the Blader's Kingdom Format and what I think would be good changes or tweeks to those rules so that we can try to improve the format. Everyone that has participated in a Blader's Kingdom event please give feedback as it is very important.

Now before I talk about the rules I want to address one thing that I feel is very inportant when it comes to running a tournament. Judges. By no means do I think that we need judges in the Open Rounds of a regular Blader's Kingdom Event. You are constricted by a time limit and you simply can't waste time over looking at video footage to see who got the last little spin. It's better to just accept ties and losses and move on in that part of the format. However, once we leave the Open Rounds and get into the Top Cut I do feel like we need some form of Judging there. We have tried many different things in order to elimitae the possibility of Bias Judging and it seems like trying to work around that possibility makes things harder, and takes longer. Unfortunately Beyblades community is very small compared to things like Yu-Gi-Oh! or Magic The Gathering. So we don't really get the luxury of having non participants as judges like those games do. I feel that all we can do is trust in our judges to make unbias calls and to be fair all across the board. However, this brings up another thing. Always needing second opinions. We need to start trusting our judges and giving them the upmost respect. With technology being our best friends and allowing us to record videos in slow motion we can actually see when a beyblade stops more clear than in regular time. This does work but it leads to a lot of players asking for second opinions because at the end of the day they don't trust the call the judge has made. I do have a solution to this which would be to have judes at each station but, then can not use any camera footage to determine the outcome. They must make a call based on what they see with their eyes and whatever they see and say is final. There will be no "evidence" for another judge to look at in order to overrule a call, thus forcing the players to start trusting eachother and showing more respect to judges. Organizer and Judges do a lot for this community and it often goes unappreciated, so I would like to see them get more appreciation.

Now that that is out of the way i can finally get to what rules I think need changing. So right off the bat I want to clarify that most of the rules are fine for the Open Rounds. I have rarely seen any issues happen in the Open Rounds. They mostly come up in the Top Cut, probably because players are no longer worried about time and are instead worried about getting that point. So most of the rule changes I have are there to give more structure for the Top Cut to remove some things that can be abused or anything.

First up is Mode changing, when it can be done and how it is done. Below I have witten out the "Phases" of a match so that way it can be more clear and hopfully keep things more simple and maybe less confusing to where people might think another player is being shady.

Duel Sequence / Rules of Engagement:
1.) Challenge or be challenged to a duel
2.) Coin wagering (showing wagering coins)
3.) Coin flip for stadium choice
4.) Deck assembly (60 seconds)
5.) Exchanging of decks between opponents/inspection
6.) Deck order presentation
7.) Start of the first battle / battle phase
Selection Phase: Both bladers reveal the bey for the battle.
Mode Change Phase: Both bladers turn around with their backs towards each other and reconfigure their beys to whatever mode they desire to use for the battle.
Set Phase: Both bladers turn back around to face each other and reveal any and all mode changes they have made to their beys.
Battle Phase: Both bladers launch their beys into the stadium and battle until a draw or winner has been determined.
Once a Draw has been determined both bladers start back at the Mode Change Phase before returning to the Battle Phase.
Once a Winner has been determined both bladers start back at the Selection Phase before returning to the Battle Phase.
If a Miss launch occurs and is called, Bladers return to the Battle Phase, not the Selection or Mode Change Phases.
8.) Winning blader collects wagered coins

As you can see I created a phase called the "Mode Change Phase". In this phase you no longer need to declare of you are changing modes or not. Both players just turn their backs to the stadium, make whatever mode changes they want, then turn back around and reveal what they changed. After the reveal of what they changed the blader's cannot try to change modes again until after the battle has concluded. So if it's a draw you could have a second chance to get the mode you need to win if they picked a mode you were not ready for. But in turn your opponent has the chance to possibly counter what they think you will do. This change will keep the battles more random and interesting as well as show the higher skill levels of some bladers. Those that know parts better will have a better chance at winning. Which honestly it makes sense to have it that way to me.

Next up I have the Layer Rotation changing rule. In Blader's Kingdom we are allowed to change the rotation of 1 bey per shuffle that has the gimmick to change rotation. Where as I am fine with having the gimmicks of layers that can change their spin direction be utilized, I am not a fan of there being allowed more than 1. I personally feel that having more than 1 layer that can change spin direction can lead to a lot more victories by getting lucky that one of your rotation chaning beys didn't have to use it's gimmick. As well as needing less skill because when you see your opponents line up (Since you show your order after inspection.) you can figure out which of your beys will need to change rotation and which one does not. I feel like this can give a very high advantage to someone and guarentee them at least 2 points. At least when it's onlt 1 rotation changing bey being used it only can give you a good match up for 1 battle giving you only 1 point. I also thought about Blader's Kingdom and how it's starting to spread to other parts of the country/world. Some places might not have players that can make a deck of 5 beys like most bladers in Maryland can. This will then limit them to doing Blader's kingdom in a 3v3 format rather than a 5v5 format. But it's not really right to have rule exceptions for one area and not for another (We should make the rules as universal as possible.) just because one can buy more beys than the other. And for a 3v3 format the ability to use multible Beys that can change their rotation would be a lot more broken than in 5v5.

Deck Structure:
Each blader has a deck of five (5) blades, each with unique parts.
No repeating parts are allowed.
Bladers may only include 1 Layer or Layer-Chip combination that allows you to change rotation. (You may use more rotation changing Layers that require chips, if they are being used with chips that lock them into a single rotation direction.)
Only one version of a driver is allowed per deck; ie. Destroy, Destroy’, and Metal Destroy all count as the same driver so only one per deck.
The F, S, V, & L gear are considered parts and can not be repeated in a deck.
Only official Hasbro & Takara Tomy parts may be used.
You may mix both Hasbro and Takara Tomy Parts.
No illegal beyblade modifications.
Only official Hasbro or Takara Tomy launchers can be utilized. There are no restrictions on custom launcher grips, as long as they do not provide an unnatural advantage for the user.

As you can see here I made the change to only allow 1 layer or layer - chip combination that can change spin direction in a deck. This will still allow people to use some layers that they want to use just not with a chip that can be used in both directions as well. Blader's will only get to use the rotation changing gimmick on 1 bey, just like in the WBBAs ruleset. Just unlike the WBBA they can still use other layers that can change spin direction, so long as they are fixed into 1 direction.

Finally the last rule that I think should be changed is this rule...

Each blader is allowed two (2) no contact ring outs, per duel, that occur in the initial few seconds of a battle. If the blades have been inside the stadium for a reasonable amount of time without making contact and one blade exits the stadium spontaneously that is considered a ring out finish for the opposing blader. After the usage of their two no contact ring outs any additional ones will count as one (1) point for their opponent.

Personally I think this rule should just be removed because it causes to much confusion and has been the source of a few debates. I understand the reason for this rule existing. Mike wants to give some leway to young children that might not know proper launch techniques and to people that have never played in some of the wacky stadiums used in the Blader's Kingdom Format. However, this rule really comes down to what an individual sees as being "a reasonable amount of time". Some people will say if the beyblade makes a full rotation around the stadium ridge it's fair game, while others might say 3 seconds is enough time. Well now you gotta ask yourself which would you follow? If I launch a bey into a stadium with Xtreme' as the driver, it could make its way around the ridge 4 times in 3 seconds where as in 3 seconds Accel' might only make it around 1 or 2 times. It is unfortunate to say it this way but if someone launches in and their bey decides to KO itself without hitting the opponent then it just is what it is. I rather lose the point than argue with someone and waste time as to weather or not it should count. In regular WBO events you aren't forgiven for messing up your launch and going straight into the picket. Sure sometimes bladers will be nice and let a little kid redo the launch without taking the point. And you can do that here as well, it's not really a big deal at the end. Hopfully it would lead to more players practicing how to control their launches more so that no matter what stadium they bare in they don't accidently self KO.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long long lomg post. But Mike did ask us to give details on what we think should change so he can improve on his format and make it the best it can be. All in all I would like to thank Mike.Nightwing for his dedication to the Beyblade community and for the awesome format that is Blader's Kingdom. Please respond to this and let me and everyone else know if you agree or disagree with what I have said so that way we can try and improve this great format! Thank you.
(Jun. 30, 2022  5:37 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Okay so after a conversation with Mike.Nightwing I have decided that I will write out the rules that I see to be an issue with the Blader's Kingdom Format and what I think would be good changes or tweeks to those rules so that we can try to improve the format. Everyone that has participated in a Blader's Kingdom event please give feedback as it is very important.

Now before I talk about the rules I want to address one thing that I feel is very inportant when it comes to running a tournament. Judges. By no means do I think that we need judges in the Open Rounds of a regular Blader's Kingdom Event. You are constricted by a time limit and you simply can't waste time over looking at video footage to see who got the last little spin. It's better to just accept ties and losses and move on in that part of the format. However, once we leave the Open Rounds and get into the Top Cut I do feel like we need some form of Judging there. We have tried many different things in order to elimitae the possibility of Bias Judging and it seems like trying to work around that possibility makes things harder, and takes longer. Unfortunately Beyblades community is very small compared to things like Yu-Gi-Oh! or Magic The Gathering. So we don't really get the luxury of having non participants as judges like those games do. I feel that all we can do is trust in our judges to make unbias calls and to be fair all across the board. However, this brings up another thing. Always needing second opinions. We need to start trusting our judges and giving them the upmost respect. With technology being our best friends and allowing us to record videos in slow motion we can actually see when a beyblade stops more clear than in regular time. This does work but it leads to a lot of players asking for second opinions because at the end of the day they don't trust the call the judge has made. I do have a solution to this which would be to have judes at each station but, then can not use any camera footage to determine the outcome. They must make a call based on what they see with their eyes and whatever they see and say is final. There will be no "evidence" for another judge to look at in order to overrule a call, thus forcing the players to start trusting eachother and showing more respect to judges. Organizer and Judges do a lot for this community and it often goes unappreciated, so I would like to see them get more appreciation.

Now that that is out of the way i can finally get to what rules I think need changing. So right off the bat I want to clarify that most of the rules are fine for the Open Rounds. I have rarely seen any issues happen in the Open Rounds. They mostly come up in the Top Cut, probably because players are no longer worried about time and are instead worried about getting that point. So most of the rule changes I have are there to give more structure for the Top Cut to remove some things that can be abused or anything.

First up is Mode changing, when it can be done and how it is done. Below I have witten out the "Phases" of a match so that way it can be more clear and hopfully keep things more simple and maybe less confusing to where people might think another player is being shady.

Duel Sequence / Rules of Engagement:
1.) Challenge or be challenged to a duel
2.) Coin wagering (showing wagering coins)
3.) Coin flip for stadium choice
4.) Deck assembly (60 seconds)
5.) Exchanging of decks between opponents/inspection
6.) Deck order presentation
7.) Start of the first battle / battle phase
Selection Phase: Both bladers reveal the bey for the battle.
Mode Change Phase: Both bladers turn around with their backs towards each other and reconfigure their beys to whatever mode they desire to use for the battle.
Set Phase: Both bladers turn back around to face each other and reveal any and all mode changes they have made to their beys.
Battle Phase: Both bladers launch their beys into the stadium and battle until a draw or winner has been determined.
Once a Draw has been determined both bladers start back at the Mode Change Phase before returning to the Battle Phase.
Once a Winner has been determined both bladers start back at the Selection Phase before returning to the Battle Phase.
If a Miss launch occurs and is called, Bladers return to the Battle Phase, not the Selection or Mode Change Phases.
8.) Winning blader collects wagered coins

As you can see I created a phase called the "Mode Change Phase". In this phase you no longer need to declare of you are changing modes or not. Both players just turn their backs to the stadium, make whatever mode changes they want, then turn back around and reveal what they changed. After the reveal of what they changed the blader's cannot try to change modes again until after the battle has concluded. So if it's a draw you could have a second chance to get the mode you need to win if they picked a mode you were not ready for. But in turn your opponent has the chance to possibly counter what they think you will do. This change will keep the battles more random and interesting as well as show the higher skill levels of some bladers. Those that know parts better will have a better chance at winning. Which honestly it makes sense to have it that way to me.

Next up I have the Layer Rotation changing rule. In Blader's Kingdom we are allowed to change the rotation of 1 bey per shuffle that has the gimmick to change rotation. Where as I am fine with having the gimmicks of layers that can change their spin direction be utilized, I am not a fan of there being allowed more than 1. I personally feel that having more than 1 layer that can change spin direction can lead to a lot more victories by getting lucky that one of your rotation chaning beys didn't have to use it's gimmick. As well as needing less skill because when you see your opponents line up (Since you show your order after inspection.) you can figure out which of your beys will need to change rotation and which one does not. I feel like this can give a very high advantage to someone and guarentee them at least 2 points. At least when it's onlt 1 rotation changing bey being used it only can give you a good match up for 1 battle giving you only 1 point. I also thought about Blader's Kingdom and how it's starting to spread to other parts of the country/world. Some places might not have players that can make a deck of 5 beys like most bladers in Maryland can. This will then limit them to doing Blader's kingdom in a 3v3 format rather than a 5v5 format. But it's not really right to have rule exceptions for one area and not for another (We should make the rules as universal as possible.) just because one can buy more beys than the other. And for a 3v3 format the ability to use multible Beys that can change their rotation would be a lot more broken than in 5v5.

Deck Structure:
Each blader has a deck of five (5) blades, each with unique parts.
No repeating parts are allowed.
Bladers may only include 1 Layer or Layer-Chip combination that allows you to change rotation. (You may use more rotation changing Layers that require chips, if they are being used with chips that lock them into a single rotation direction.)
Only one version of a driver is allowed per deck; ie. Destroy, Destroy’, and Metal Destroy all count as the same driver so only one per deck.
The F, S, V, & L gear are considered parts and can not be repeated in a deck.
Only official Hasbro & Takara Tomy parts may be used.
You may mix both Hasbro and Takara Tomy Parts.
No illegal beyblade modifications.
Only official Hasbro or Takara Tomy launchers can be utilized. There are no restrictions on custom launcher grips, as long as they do not provide an unnatural advantage for the user.

As you can see here I made the change to only allow 1 layer or layer - chip combination that can change spin direction in a deck. This will still allow people to use some layers that they want to use just not with a chip that can be used in both directions as well. Blader's will only get to use the rotation changing gimmick on 1 bey, just like in the WBBAs ruleset. Just unlike the WBBA they can still use other layers that can change spin direction, so long as they are fixed into 1 direction.

Finally the last rule that I think should be changed is this rule...

Each blader is allowed two (2) no contact ring outs, per duel, that occur in the initial few seconds of a battle. If the blades have been inside the stadium for a reasonable amount of time without making contact and one blade exits the stadium spontaneously that is considered a ring out finish for the opposing blader. After the usage of their two no contact ring outs any additional ones will count as one (1) point for their opponent.

Personally I think this rule should just be removed because it causes to much confusion and has been the source of a few debates. I understand the reason for this rule existing. Mike wants to give some leway to young children that might not know proper launch techniques and to people that have never played in some of the wacky stadiums used in the Blader's Kingdom Format. However, this rule really comes down to what an individual sees as being "a reasonable amount of time". Some people will say if the beyblade makes a full rotation around the stadium ridge it's fair game, while others might say 3 seconds is enough time. Well now you gotta ask yourself which would you follow? If I launch a bey into a stadium with Xtreme' as the driver, it could make its way around the ridge 4 times in 3 seconds where as in 3 seconds Accel' might only make it around 1 or 2 times. It is unfortunate to say it this way but if someone launches in and their bey decides to KO itself without hitting the opponent then it just is what it is. I rather lose the point than argue with someone and waste time as to weather or not it should count. In regular WBO events you aren't forgiven for messing up your launch and going straight into the picket. Sure sometimes bladers will be nice and let a little kid redo the launch without taking the point. And you can do that here as well, it's not really a big deal at the end. Hopfully it would lead to more players practicing how to control their launches more so that no matter what stadium they bare in they don't accidently self KO.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long long lomg post. But Mike did ask us to give details on what we think should change so he can improve on his format and make it the best it can be. All in all I would like to thank Mike.Nightwing for his dedication to the Beyblade community and for the awesome format that is Blader's Kingdom. Please respond to this and let me and everyone else know if you agree or disagree with what I have said so that way we can try and improve this great format! Thank you.
I personally think we should be allowed more than one chip that can change spin direction. The rule that states we can only use one spin direction change per shuffle already makes it fair enough.
These are a few of the the rules I'll be updating / changing for all upcoming Blader's Kingdom events, please feel free to comment your thoughts on these rules below.

Scoring (double elimination section only):
  • Burst = 2pts
  • K.O. = 2pts
  • Spin Finish = 1pt
  • Self K.O. = 1 pts (for opponent)
Stadiums [b](double elimination section only:[/b]
The top section duels will only use the DB, DX, & Standard Type stadiums; these stadiums will be rotated out for each round. The stadium order will be chosen by dice roll to determine the first stadium, a coin flip to choose between the remaining two, and the last one is set as is. The first four matches of the winners (round 1) will be in the first stadium, the next two matches in winners (round 2) and the first two matches of losers (losers round 1) will be in the second stadium, and the semi finals of winners and the losers round 2 will be in the third stadium. From there, you'll reselect the stadiums and losers round 3 starts with the first stadium, losers round 4 uses the second stadium, and the finals starts with the final stadium. If the finals goes beyond the one match you will reselect once again to determine the final stadium.

For all three stadiums, pocket bounce hits are not considered K.O.'s. For a blade to be considered "knocked out" it must have touched something outside of the stadium, ex: the floor underneath the stadium.

Judging (double elimination only):
  • Each top section duel will be judged by a non-participating blader, if one is not available the a participating blader may judge until a there is a non-participant available.
  • Judges will use their cellphones to record battles and use that footage to determine a victor if one is not clear.
  • If the judge is unclear of the outcome of a battle they will call it a draw and move on; there will be no second opinion from another judge.
  • Both bladers will have ONE contesting "card" they can utilize throughout their duel. This contesting card can be used to contest the call of the judge and get a second opinion. The judge will call over another available judge and that judge will make their decision without knowing which blade belongs to which blader AND without an commentary from the bladers or judge.
  • If a blader uses their contesting "card" and the initial judge's call is correct, that blader loses their contesting "card" and my not use it again. If a blader uses their contesting "card" and the initial judge's call is incorrect they keep their contesting "card" for another use.
  • If a blader has used and lost their contesting "card" but would like to contest a later call by the judge they can do so by wager a point (if they have one). If they lose the call contest they will also lose their point. If they win the call contest they will keep their point.
Mode Changes:
After bladers have revealed their beyblades, both bladers will make any mode changes to their blade behind their deck box or by turning around. Once bladers have finished their mode change they will announce "SET" to alert the judge and their opponent they have completed their mode change. If a blader or both bladers decide not to make any changes they have made their decision to stay in their current mode and can not make any further adjustments.

Self K.O. (double elimination only):
There will be no non-contact self k.o. grace period. Any beyblade that leaves the stadium without contact is considered to have self k.o.'d and 1 point is awarded to the opposing blader.

Issues with rules:
If you have an issue with a rule and would like to voice it, please refrain from doing so during the tournament, no rules will be adjusted during the day of the event. Please leave all your concerns in the WBO thread for consideration.
(Jul. 03, 2022  5:51 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Judging (double elimination only):
  • Each top section duel will be judged by a non-participating blader, if one is not available the a participating blader may judge until a there is a non-participant available.
  • Judges will use their cellphones to record battles and use that footage to determine a victor if one is not clear.
  • If the judge is unclear of the outcome of a battle they will call it a draw and move on; there will be no second opinion from another judge.
  • Both bladers will have ONE contesting "card" they can utilize throughout their duel. This contesting card can be used to contest the call of the judge and get a second opinion. The judge will call over another available judge and that judge will make their decision without knowing which blade belongs to which blader AND without an commentary from the bladers or judge.
  • If a blader uses their contesting "card" and the initial judge's call is correct, that blader loses their contesting "card" and my not use it again. If a blader uses their contesting "card" and the initial judge's call is incorrect they keep their contesting "card" for another use.
  • If a blader has used and lost their contesting "card" but would like to contest a later call by the judge they can do so by wager a point (if they have one). If they lose the call contest they will also lose their point. If they win the call contest they will keep their point.

A few questions with this section

-When challenging a ruling does it matter what the outcome is? Like if my opponent is called the winner and I don't belive so in order for me to win the challenge do I have to be the winner of the match or would a tie also count as winning the challenge?

-Will bladers have a chance to look at the footage themselfs before using their challenge sort of like the NFL where teams have access to the footage and can pick if they want to challenge before the snap of the next play? The angle that the match is viewed from can matter on how things are perceived is why i ask this

-Is there going to be a set person to look at anything contested or is it any non participant availible present that will look?
(Jul. 03, 2022  9:30 PM)geetster99 Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2022  5:51 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: Judging (double elimination only):

A few questions with this section

-When challenging a ruling does it matter what the outcome is? Like if my opponent is called the winner and I don't belive so in order for me to win the challenge do I have to be the winner of the match or would a tie also count as winning the challenge?

-Will bladers have a chance to look at the footage themselfs before using their challenge sort of like the NFL where teams have access to the footage and can pick if they want to challenge before the snap of the next play? The angle that the match is viewed from can matter on how things are perceived is why i ask this

-Is there going to be a set person to look at anything contested or is it any non participant availible present that will look?
1) if the second judge calls it anything other than what it originally was then you would win the challenge since you contested the initial judge’s call being correct and you were right. So a tie would mean you keep your contest card for later use. 

2) No, they would have to make their contest decision based solely on what they saw and believe should have been the call. I’ll have to put in a section there to let folks know why cannot record and watch their own replay to determine if they’ll make a call or not.

3) preferably a floating judge would be around but if that’s not the case then the initial judge can choose any other “judge level” blader to make the final call.
(Jul. 03, 2022  5:51 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: These are a few of the the rules I'll be updating / changing for all upcoming Blader's Kingdom events, please feel free to comment your thoughts on these rules below.

• Burst = 2pts
  • K.O. = 2pts
  • Spin Finish = 1pt
The top section duels will only use the DB, DX, & Standard Type stadiums; these stadiums will be rotated out for each round. The stadium order will be chosen by dice roll to determine the first stadium, a coin flip to choose between the remaining two, and the last one is set as is. The first four matches of the winners (round 1) will be in the first stadium, the next two matches in winners (round 2) and the first two matches of losers (losers round 1) will be in the second stadium, and the semi finals of winners and the losers round 2 will be in the third stadium. From there, you'll reselect the stadiums and losers round 3 starts with the first stadium, losers round 4 uses the second stadium, and the finals starts with the final stadium. If the finals goes beyond the one match you will reselect once again to determine the final stadium.

For all three stadiums, pocket bounce hits are not considered K.O.'s. For a blade to be considered "knocked out" it must have touched something outside of the stadium, ex: the floor underneath the stadium.

Mode Changes:
After bladers have revealed their beyblades, both bladers will make any mode changes to their blade behind their deck box or by turning around. Once bladers have finished their mode change they will announce "SET" to alert the judge and their opponent they have completed their mode change. If a blader or both bladers decide not to make any changes they have made their decision to stay in their current mode and can not make any further adjustments.

There will be no non-contact self k.o. grace period. Any beyblade that leaves the stadium without contact is considered to have self k.o.'d and 1 point is awarded to the opposing blader.

Issues with rules:
If you have an issue with a rule and would like to voice it, please refrain from doing so during the tournament, no rules will be adjusted during the day of the event. Please leave all your concerns in the WBO thread for consideration.

Why are knockouts counted as two points?
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:04 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2022  5:51 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: These are a few of the the rules I'll be updating / changing for all upcoming Blader's Kingdom events, please feel free to comment your thoughts on these rules below.

• Burst = 2pts
  • K.O. = 2pts
  • Spin Finish = 1pt

Mode Changes:

Issues with rules:

Why are knockouts counted as two points?

To make the top section go faster and encourage attack types / less camera reviews.
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:07 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:04 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Why are knockouts counted as two points?

To make the top section go faster and encourage attack types / less camera reviews.

Okay I see, maybe you should do that for the opening stages instead of the final stages then.
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:09 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:07 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: To make the top section go faster and encourage attack types / less camera reviews.

Okay I see, maybe you should do that for the opening stages instead of the final stages then.

You haven’t been to the normal Blader’s Kingdom yet but the open rounds for there are set at 2 hours or so and the top 8 are decided based on their coin total at the end of the two hours. So in the normal format there is no need to speed things up. But going forward for the next invitationals the open rounds will be the normal format instead of the Swiss we had for the previous tournament.

(Jul. 03, 2022  10:09 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:07 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote: To make the top section go faster and encourage attack types / less camera reviews.

You haven’t been to the normal Blader’s Kingdom yet but the open rounds for there are set at 2 hours or so and the top 8 are decided based on their coin total at the end of the two hours. So in the normal format there is no need to speed things up. But going forward for the next invitationals the open rounds will be the normal format instead of the Swiss we had for the previous tournament.
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:21 PM)Mike.Nightwing Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2022  10:09 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Okay I see, maybe you should do that for the opening stages instead of the final stages then.

(Jul. 03, 2022  10:09 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Okay I see, maybe you should do that for the opening stages instead of the final stages then.

Ah I see thank you.
I’ve had a few people reach out since the rules post to voice their concerns about the judging, more so their desire for clarification on if I believe they are a biased judge in my eyes, and if I’m against outside opinions for rulings; so let me clarify a few things for everyone:

- I do not believe anyone should judge a match for a tournament they are actively participating in. This has nothing to do with anyone personally, I just don’t think that makes sense to do if it can can be avoided. As we have seen in the plenty of other BK finals, I always asked a blader that was not in the top 8 to stick around a bit and judge if they can. That way all bladers can focus on their matches and not waste time judging. Also, if a participating player is a judge then we have to wait for them for finish judging before they can have their match or swap them out for a new judge who may also have a match coming up.

- I do value your insight for the rules, that’s why I ask for feedback, but I do not wish to hear your complaints about a rule the day of the event. The time for rule concerns was before the tournament. Nothing can be done mid-tournament to address your concern. So just take note of it and put it in the thread for review after. If you find a loophole or break in a rule I would love to hear it, after the tournament. Also, please put in your feedback a possible way to fix this issue; saying “i don’t know, but it needs to be fixed” to me sounds like your suggestion is from a place of sodium and not throughly thought out. During the tournament I’m looking to have fun and enjoy myself and that, for me, doesn’t come in the form of rule discussion during an event.

If you have any issues with a fellow blader or judge during the event please first talk to them about your issue and then if that doesn’t go well come talk to me about it. If you skip both those steps and go for a complaint with the WBO you and I will not be in a good space going forward.

I hope this clarifies somethings for you all and feel free to keep asking and suggesting.
Good day all! I would like to thank you for coming out to the first Blader's Kingdom: North Carolina with the Four-Gaming.com family and the Nightwing Clan! It was the largest chaos party thus far with a total of 39 bladers having a good ol' time. For this one we ran the open rounds at 1.5hrs so you all could go home and shower after that heat got a bit aggressive Joyful_3.

I would love to get any and all feedback about the format from you all since many of you have never been to such a crazy tournament before. What did you all think of the wagering system, the new "no KO" sort of rule, was having a set time for the open rounds useful when planning your day, etc. Thank you all so much for coming out and partying with us.

BeybladeBlast11, Cscramon, Godly_Requiem, SuperJet, Defaultnoobisme, LJ-Blader, Allen Schaffer, RyderB, Gray Dragon, Ccb, Fire blader07, MamaBey2122, geetster99, AvertedEnergy, awesomealex485, robert_loller, Friedpasta, Kirito1696, Papablade, AndréHerrera, Joshuabenz, CrisisCrusher07, Sniper, Huffie, Lagotto Blade, StayCool, ---, Night Fox, Lionheart’, Lilstreet, Mr Power, MagikHorse, JA Industries., DangMAN!, Travion132, FG Spriggan, nfwolfe, redash
I think that the rules should be consistent whether or not it’s finals or not. I would also like to see some deck format being used in the finals and open stage since I think that mode requires the most skill for a blader. I like the 2 point KO even though it ultimately led to my defeat since it encourages attackers.
(Jul. 26, 2022  4:40 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: I think that the rules should be consistent whether or not it’s finals or not. I would also like to see some deck format being used in the finals and open stage since I think that mode requires the most skill for a blader. I like the 2 point KO even though it ultimately led to my defeat since it encourages attackers.

For the finals the only two rule adjustments I believe are:

No self ko redos which was changed since the top 8 should be the most skilled of the bunch so they shouldn’t mess up as they would have in the opens. Especially since it’s only three stadiums this go around. 

2pts for KO which is there to move along the finals so we’re not there all day lol. 

I do plan to a deck format only tournament but that’s not the vibe for this format. That would slow down the pace drastically. Deck format is fun and strategic but not fast at all.

Edit: also the 2pts ko rule would be an issue with a few of the stadiums that don’t have pockets in the open rounds. It would cause people to gravitate to those or away from them and may cause the pace to slow a bit.
Ah okay got it. I'm excited to see a deck format tournament if there is one to come in the future.
I loved the open rounds system ! Definitely can be used in other formats as well ! I’d say the only thing I could complain about is the switching of stadiums in finals. I thought that was a bit crazy , also I can’t see any stadium be used in finals besides standard and possibly DB
(Jul. 27, 2022  3:01 AM)Mr Power Wrote: I loved the open rounds system ! Definitely can be used in other formats as well ! I’d say the only thing I could complain about is the switching of stadiums in finals. I thought that was a bit crazy , also I can’t see any stadium be used in finals besides standard and possibly DB

I do think the open rounds would help speed up the standard format which would help young bladers stay longer because these two+ hour brackets in standard send parents home quick. It would be difficult to to ranking though... unless we do it like chess where both bladers have to document the win/lose on a score card. hmmmm. 

I wanted the finals to still have the bit of uncertainty as the open rounds but in a more controlled and "competitive" way with the use the three newest burst stadiums. The dash stadium is the one I enjoy the most because no one really uses it so it forces folks into a new element which always creates excitement.
First off I want to start out by saying what a fun time I had at my first Blader’s Kingdom away from my home state of Maryland! Thank you Mike.Nightwing and StayCool for hosting it!

Anyway as for feedback I think this was one of the best and well done Blader’s Kingdoms to date! The changes to the top cut rules felt very competitive and had a lot more strategy. I saw geetster99 use 2 attack combos when he was going into the top cut in the Standard stadium. The 2 point KOs gave more insemtive for that to happen. All in all o think Blader’s Kingdom has found a good rule set and is close to being solidified. 

The only rule I didn’t see used even when there were times it was supposed to be used was the contestant card. I dunno if people just forgot about it or just didn’t know. But my opinion is that if it can run that smoothly without anyone realizing the rule was even there, then it’s probably not a needed rule.I think that rule was a result of the high competition at the invitational and maybe it would be something used for that. But the regular Blader’s Kingdoms it’s probably not needed.
(Jul. 27, 2022  3:20 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: First off I want to start out by saying what a fun time I had at my first Blader’s Kingdom away from my home state of Maryland! Thank you Mike.Nightwing and StayCool for hosting it!

Anyway as for feedback I think this was one of the best and well done Blader’s Kingdoms to date! The changes to the top cut rules felt very competitive and had a lot more strategy. I saw geetster99 use 2 attack combos when he was going into the top cut in the Standard stadium. The 2 point KOs gave more insemtive for that to happen. All in all o think Blader’s Kingdom has found a good rule set and is close to being solidified. 

The only rule I didn’t see used even when there were times it was supposed to be used was the contestant card. I dunno if people just forgot about it or just didn’t know. But my opinion is that if it can run that smoothly without anyone realizing the rule was even there, then it’s probably not a needed rule.I think that rule was a result of the high competition at the invitational and maybe it would be something used for that. But the regular Blader’s Kingdoms it’s probably not needed.

Yeah I noticed that as well for the cards. No one seemed to question the judge's decision except when I let someone make the final call since I was apparently seeing all ties lol. I could have enforced the first rule below but I didn't notice anyone bothered so I let it go as previously done. I'll ponder on the cards, because I thought it was super dope and awesome, but yeah it may be an invitational only rule. hmm 🤔

The rules were speaking of:
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]If the judge is unclear of the outcome of a battle they will call it a draw and move on; there will be no second opinion from another judge.[/font][/font]
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]Both bladers will have ONE contesting "card" they can utilize throughout their duel. This contesting card can be used to contest the call of the judge and get a second opinion. The judge will call over another available judge and that judge will make their decision without knowing which blade belongs to which blader AND without any commentary from the bladers or judge.[/font][/font]
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]If a blader uses their contesting "card" and the initial judge's call is correct, that blader loses their contesting "card" and may not use it again. If a blader uses their contesting "card" and the initial judge's call is incorrect they keep their contesting "card" for another use.[/font][/font]
  • [font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif][font="Source Sans Pro", sans-serif]If a blader has used and lost their contesting "card" but would like to contest a later call by the judge they can do so by wager a point (if they have one). If they lose the call contest they will also lose their point. If they win the call contest they will keep their point.[/font][/font]