Blader Jam 3.0 Goldsboro NC [USA]

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Well its that time again.. For another tournament. The event will be held at Tier Zero Games. Here is therTier Zer0 Gaming
If you have any questions feel free to email me. megaman1258@yahoo.com

Address: 223 A W. Walnut Street,
Goldsboro, NC

Registration Begins at 12:30pm and end at 1:30Pm. THERE WILL BE NO LATE REGISTRATION!!!!

Place: Tier Zero Gaming
Date: January 14th 2011
Time: 12:30pm
Prizes TBA

Confirmed:
1. Dark_mousy
2. Hitsugiya
3. Defstamina
4. SmallFry
5. epiclibra7
6. blader9222
7. G1998man
8. (✿◠‿◠)
9. DragonFlameZ
10. Horuseus145D
11. Ziro
12. BIG BANG JORDAN
13. woodman321
14. darkbullman98
15. stormscorpio1

Maybe
xXBlueHoodXx
Leone the lion

Im going to say this as nicely as possible READ THE RULES!!!!
http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

If you ask questions about the rules on this thread they will not be answered. Make life easier on myself and the other JUDGES READ THE RULES!!!

Thank you

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

when is the next one in raleigh north carolina be
(Jan. 09, 2012  10:31 PM)mikey0419 Wrote: when is the next one in raleigh north carolina be

After this tournament in Goldsboro, the next tournament is in Kinston on the 22nd.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-January-...tournament

I have no Idea when the next Raleigh tournament will be...
That question probably didn't even belong in this thread, anyways. He should have gone straight to the NC thread to begin with.
Just letting everyone know:
Judges need to be there by 1230. Ill be there at 1215 to set up.

Competitors: Registration ENDS at 130. Player/Parent meeting.

Tournament starts Promptly at 145
I should be there around 1 along with EL7 and smallfry9730. I might even give BIG BANG JORDAN a ride if he wants one...

Ok ill add you. Do you have any experience hosting tournaments? Do you have the necessary stadiums?
[/quote]

To be perfectly honest, no, I myself have never hosted a tournament, but would maybe like to start... and about the necessary stadiums, I had a BB-10, but bad things (that I shall not speak of) happened to it Crying... Im getting a new one soon. I was hoping you could host a tournament around here, since it would make sense to have tournaments in the center of the state, making it fair for everyone else...
whoops my bad, sorry for accidentally deleting some of the quotes lol sorry... Uncertain
Also I forgot to ask, you enter one combo and stick with that combo right? Just making sure because I've prepared quite a few combos that I'll need to practice with the early birds before the tournament, thus it might spoil my combos to stiff competition before the tournament, giving them a heads up on what to expect... I look forward to competing with you all at the tournament this weekend. Grin
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:17 AM)Wh1t3Sh4d0w Wrote: Also I forgot to ask, you enter one combo and stick with that combo right? Just making sure because I've prepared quite a few combos that I'll need to practice with the early birds before the tournament, thus it might spoil my combos to stiff competition before the tournament, giving them a heads up on what to expect... I look forward to competing with you all at the tournament this weekend. Grin
No, you're free to switch combos in between matches with your opponents. We recommend you read the rules in the OP. Keyword: Matches, not rounds. Last tournament, I used a variety of beys, being unpredictable can put you at a great advantage. Prediction is key, especially when Dark spams Stalling Clause.
(Jan. 10, 2012  5:00 AM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2012  4:17 AM)Wh1t3Sh4d0w Wrote: Also I forgot to ask, you enter one combo and stick with that combo right? Just making sure because I've prepared quite a few combos that I'll need to practice with the early birds before the tournament, thus it might spoil my combos to stiff competition before the tournament, giving them a heads up on what to expect... I look forward to competing with you all at the tournament this weekend. Grin
No, you're free to switch combos in between matches with your opponents. We recommend you read the rules in the OP. Keyword: Matches, not rounds. Last tournament, I used a variety of beys, being unpredictable can put you at a great advantage. Prediction is key, especially when Dark spams Stalling Clause.

Ya that is what im known for. But i like to keep it fair.
Count Bazooka in for this tourniment baring any unseen emergencies. I have an attack stadium if needed that we can bring. What time is registration etc?
see you there
OOps, just saw the time etc... confirm us in. Williamsburg Va will be represented. I was a bit confused about getting a passport or paying when I got there. Does my passport cover the $5 fee for the host store?

thanks
(Jan. 10, 2012  10:51 AM)Bazooka Wrote: Williamsburg Va will be represented. I was a bit confused about getting a passport or paying when I got there. Does my passport cover the $5 fee for the host store?

thanks

You're coming from Williamsburg? WOW.

Anyway, the passport will only cover the WBO FEE. It will NOT exempt you from the STORE FEE. This event, being held at Tier Zero, has a store fee of $5. Your Blader Passport will not exempt you from the store fee here or at any other venue with a store fee.
(Jan. 10, 2012  10:51 AM)Bazooka Wrote: Count Bazooka in for this tourniment baring any unseen emergencies. I have an attack stadium if needed that we can bring. What time is registration etc?
see you there
OOps, just saw the time etc... confirm us in. Williamsburg Va will be represented. I was a bit confused about getting a passport or paying when I got there. Does my passport cover the $5 fee for the host store?

thanks
1:30 PM although I don't see the point of this because were just going to delay it again like we did the last 6 tournaments. JK, Dark you should really post this stuff in the OP.
(Jan. 09, 2012  12:58 PM)hitsugiya Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2012  12:47 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jan. 09, 2012  12:38 PM)hitsugiya Wrote: Also, expect customs too. Literally every blader from every tournament in NC I've been in uses customs. That's how heavily encouraged they are. Also, as stated in the OP we recommend you read the rules bmoor96 if you haven't already.

Yeah, you also wanna do some research and practice with combos. People at these tournaments use unusual and powerful combos sometimes. It would be best to practice with combos to get a good result...
Yes, new-comers have highly unpredictable combos. Very unusual but some new bladers unknowingly use anti-meta, thus being able to take top tier head on. I am still trying to learn to use MF Blitz Unicorno S130 RF correctly, if my banking improves by the time of the tournament I'll use it most definitely. I had to throw away my "Gasher" CW and CH120 though, but I'll buy a Dark Cancer soon. Yeah, I know it's plain stupid and pointless to throw away such valuable parts but hear me out on this one; EVERY single time I use a Hasbro part in a tournament, I'm bound to lose (e.g Gasher, CS, Aquario).
Thanks johnny for the enemy intel, now I know exactly what to use against you... :3 Next time, be wary of giving away combos, because now you are officially screwed (at least with that combo)...
It is not as though knowing one of someone's potential combos means you have a particularly higher chance of beating them... especially since you just outed yourself as being aware and opened yourself up to a counter-counter-combo...

and, hitsugiya, I suspect your superstitious idea about Hasbro is 6000000% more to blame for your losses than the parts are.
(Jan. 11, 2012  12:26 AM)Hazel Wrote: hitsugiya, I suspect your superstitious idea about Hasbro is 6000000% more to blame for your losses than the parts are.

Thank you Hazel. Just because some of us at the competitions use Hasbro (i.e. me, smallfry, EpicLibra7, etc.), does not mean they are any much worse than others who use TT or Sonokong. Same with using parts. Maybe statistically TT is better, but In my opinion, a part is a part is a part is a part...

In no offense or hatred to anybody, but that's how I feel about parts from TT and Hasbro, and my philosophy believes that everybody will have an equal chance to win at this tournament, the next one, and all the others after that......
(Jan. 11, 2012  2:23 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2012  12:26 AM)Hazel Wrote: hitsugiya, I suspect your superstitious idea about Hasbro is 6000000% more to blame for your losses than the parts are.

Thank you Hazel. Just because some of us at the competitions use Hasbro (i.e. me, smallfry, EpicLibra7, etc.), does not mean they are any much worse than others who use TT or Sonokong. Same with using parts. Maybe statistically TT is better, but In my opinion, a part is a part is a part is a part...

In no offense or hatred to anybody, but that's how I feel about parts from TT and Hasbro, and my philosophy believes that everybody will have an equal chance to win at this tournament, the next one, and all the others after that......
They're all made in China, believe it or not... So differences between companies shouldn't make a definite impact on the performance of the part, other than mold variations, and slight weight differences of course.
Updated the OP. Mainly stressing everyone needs to be on time. Also judges we need you there by 12:15pm to help set up.

Also i will be going to Andy's on Wayne Memorial if anyone wants to meet up.

Also PARENTS" We will have a list of restaurants and other points of interest available to you at Tier Zero.
(Jan. 11, 2012  2:54 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Updated the OP. Mainly stressing everyone needs to be on time. Also judges we need you there by 12:15pm to help set up.

Also i will be going to Andy's on Wayne Memorial if anyone wants to meet up.

Also PARENTS" We will have a list of restaurants and other points of interest available to you at Tier Zero.
If I arrive early, (which I may) may I participate in pre-game matches to make any final adjustments? And what goes on before a tournament?
Before the tournament begins, there is usually freeplay amongst everyone and eachother, so of course you may participate. Just try not to expose the combos you'll be using before the actual tournaments begins, otherwise, your opponents will be able to build counters to your combos.
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:17 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Before the tournament begins, there is usually freeplay amongst everyone and eachother, so of course you may participate. Just try not to expose the combos you'll be using before the actual tournaments begins, otherwise, your opponents will be able to build counters to your combos.

Yeah, that's what I usually do. Exposing your best or starting beys can be costly in a tournament. Counters will beat you every time... I would try certain strategies and see what works best...
(Jan. 12, 2012  3:08 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2012  4:17 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Before the tournament begins, there is usually freeplay amongst everyone and eachother, so of course you may participate. Just try not to expose the combos you'll be using before the actual tournaments begins, otherwise, your opponents will be able to build counters to your combos.

Yeah, that's what I usually do. Exposing your best or starting beys can be costly in a tournament. Counters will beat you every time... I would try certain strategies and see what works best...
I am perfectly aware of that, I'm just gonna try out some balance combos (which I probably won't use) against some actual competition before the game to see if they are worthy of being used during the tournament. If one of you guys are coming early, I might want to test my Wing's defensive capabilities, not to use during the tourney, just because I'm curious. Wink
its official i cant go Unhappy
(Jan. 12, 2012  3:44 AM)blader9222 Wrote: its official i cant go Unhappy

That's too bad I was looking forward to a rematch with you, I guess we have to wait another tournament.
Just letting everyone know at this event we will also be discussing locations for future events. Ill be there by 12:15pm to set up.
(Jan. 12, 2012  5:47 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Just letting everyone know at this event we will also be discussing locations for future events. Ill be there by 12:15pm to set up.
So, it will also be kind of like a meeting that doubles as a tournament?