Beywiki Photo thread

(Jul. 08, 2013  7:51 AM)Cannon Wrote: To which he got from this:
http://www.kopines.com/index-gal.php?gal=166

According to the hyperlinks.

I'm pretty sure it was Valentin who took those years ago. Someone probably uploaded them there from Beywiki ...
Guys, diblee123 says he found those on google images.
Wherever he found them, he shouldn't be taking credit for photos he never took.
Hey! Just wanting to know if the quality of my photos, are at standard for Beywiki?
Pegasis 105HF 'Black Ver'
[Image: lwv0.jpg]
[Image: ri57.jpg]
[Image: ook9.jpg]
[Image: e6gu.jpg]
[Image: zylr.jpg]
-Cheers!
(Jul. 08, 2013  8:34 PM)ryugavskyoya1 Wrote: Guys, diblee123 says he found those on google images.

Yeah I found that link on Google Images as well, all you do is search 'Rock Leone'. Still, it's plagiarism, as he accounted "my" into that sentence.

(Jul. 09, 2013  9:27 AM)ZX Wrote: Hey! Just wanting to know if the quality of my photos, are at standard for Beywiki?

The quality is definitely a yes, but the background seems to be yellow ? If it was white, they would definitely be acceptable IMO.
I'll Retake them tommorow morning, Hopefully fix the backround color.
I have some new photos for the Beywiki I want to share.
Flash Sagittario 230WD (TT)
Gravity Perseus AD145WD + Beylauncher L/R (TT)
Spiral Lyre ED124MF (Hasbro) (I know Nocto already took some really good photos of this Beyblade, but he didn't have any pictures of the parts by themselves)
Forbidden Eonis ED145FB (Hasbro)
Let me know if they are okay for Beywiki.
Those are awesome! What camera do you use?
The Flash Sagittario photographs are rather dark, and it seems like the thing Nocto probably already took hah.
I haven't taken photographs for Flash Sagittario.
---------------

Beywiki Photography

Dranzer Auto Change Balancer
Wing Cutter (small Bitchip + plastic cover): 4.21 grams
Heavy: 14.09 grams
Auto Change Base: 8.62 grams
- Blade Base, screw cap, screw: 5.91 grams
- Spring: 0.43 grams
- Tip: 0.52 grams
- Base lock: 1.76 grams

Photographs and weights to be added to this post in the coming days and weeks (in order of priorities):
Voltaic Ape - Limited Green Version
Crab Diver - Prize Orange Version (Star Attack Weight Disk)
Trypio - Random BoosterPurple Version
Random Booster 4 Pull - Tiger Defenser / Wide Defense / Metal Sting Base
Driger S - Sonokong Gold Version
Draciel S - Sonokong Gold Version
---------------

Beywiki General
Because I'm not making multiple posts.

I've come up with a simple Overall section formula for people struggling (knowingly or not) to write them, the intention being to encourage concision.
[Subject: Beyblade full name] [verb] [Object: one-line rating of the Beyblade as a sum of parts]: [Part A] is...; [Part B] is...; etc. Purchase status/recommendation.

I've done extensive editing on the writing of the Phantom Orion B:D article, but the Bearing Drive section is still unedited and filled with nonsense. On that note, releasing an article written by BeybladeStation without rewording it almost completely beforehand is really quite a bad idea.

I've also edited the Flash Leopard 2 article quite a bit, including broken links. To that effect, I've considered creating redirects from individual Weight Disk names to their respective general articles, but have withheld from doing so as I'm not sure if th!nk has planned to make individual articles from his Plastics database.

On the index page, the two lines of text above the logo seem to be overlapping. Also, in English, the forward slash is isolated with spaces when separating groups of words: e.g. Cancer/Gasher, Metal Fight / Metal Fusion.

There has been a Meteo L-Drago article added that I do not believe has been approved.

There are probably other things I'm forgetting that I will remember eventually.
I am quite certain I have reworded everything I have approved lately a lot ...

All of this had made me discover that the Metal Face article has been edited by that Meteo L-Drago user too ...
Oftentimes, it's the intended message that clashes with the grammar. For example, you wrote in the Gryph section "Similar to the Leone Wheel, Gryph consists of eight distinct sections." Anyone who knows both wheels understands that Gryph's sections are similar in shape to Leone's. However, what that segment actually mean is that "much like Leone, Gryph has eight distinct sections" implying that Leone also has eight sections, when it obviously only has six.

In the case of Phantom Orion, it just felt quite repetitive, and in the end, not quite descriptive enough. Some sentences were also quite clunky to my ears. As for Flash Leopard 2, it was simply a matter of there being many parts written in the wrong language register.

Also, what I said I probably had forgotten was that I couldn't find a dictionary entry for itself proving it could be used as a substitute for "a copy/duplicate of itself" or "another self," so the Chrome Wheel In Synchrom with itself subsection should be changed for In Synchrom with another [relevant Chrome Wheel].

The WBO should also consider creating its own terminology to identify the Chrome Wheels in a Synchrom, like "Top Synchrom Wheel" and "Bottom Synchrom Wheel," to replace the long, ungraceful, and hard-to-place phrases we use now.
(Sep. 02, 2013  3:22 AM)Nocto Wrote: Also, what I said I probably had forgotten was that I couldn't find a dictionary entry for itself proving it could be used as a substitute for "a copy/duplicate of itself" or "another self,"

Could you not ? It is on Google for sure ... Nobody said anything about it, so it must be widely accepted somewhere, hah. Even "themself" can be correct, as I have been told by some of my past English teachers.
(Sep. 02, 2013  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2013  3:22 AM)Nocto Wrote: Also, what I said I probably had forgotten was that I couldn't find a dictionary entry for itself proving it could be used as a substitute for "a copy/duplicate of itself" or "another self,"

Could you not ? It is on Google for sure ... Nobody said anything about it, so it must be widely accepted somewhere, hah. Even "themself" can be correct, as I have been told by some of my past English teachers.

To be honest, I seriously doubt it. I couldn't find proof of it in my Oxford grammar or in my dictionaries, and I've never seen anyone use it that way before, present case excluded. Without solid proof, I would suggest sticking with my suggestion. I'm not saying we should chastise its use on the forums: it's simple and anyone who knows what a Synchrom is will easily understand what is meant. However, literally speaking, as per the rules I know, it basically means that the Chrome Wheel achieves Synchrom on its own.

Themself has a very dubious acceptation in the English language. It's probably best to avoid it.

Also, I brought this up because I can't edit it myself.
Nocto Wrote:On the index page, the two lines of text above the logo seem to be overlapping. Also, in English, the forward slash is isolated with spaces when separating groups of words: e.g. Cancer/Gasher, Metal Fight / Metal Fusion.

It should really be "Beyblade Zero-G_/_Beyblade Shogun Steel," otherwise the forward slash separates this, "Zero-G/Beyblade."
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/itself
check this... the first phrase states "an identical one" thus one that does not actually occupy the same physical space, but a duplicate is acceptable as well. Plus most bladers can decipher that you can't create a synchrom with one chrome wheel..
You missed the keyword: that, not an. "That identical one," as in "the same as the one before," "the object is the same as the subject," etc. To use the entry's example, "watched the cat giving itself a bath," "watched the cat giving that identical one (cat) / the same cat a bath." You can also see that the dictionary uses the same format to define all reflexive pronouns: e.g. "that identical one that is I/you," and you can't for instance hurt yourself that isn't you, unless you want to be poetic about it. The examples also do not show a reflexive pronoun referring to a duplicate, even if by your account it allows it.

Yes, and I already said so, and that's fine for the forums. However, the Beywiki must be understandable and right. Do try to read if you want to argue with me.
(Sep. 05, 2013  12:18 PM)Nocto Wrote: You missed the keyword: that, not an. "That identical one," as in "the same as the one before," "the object is the same as the subject," etc. To use the entry's example, "watched the cat giving itself a bath," "watched the cat giving that identical one (cat) / the same cat a bath." You can also see that the dictionary uses the same format to define all reflexive pronouns: e.g. "that identical one that is I/you," and you can't for instance hurt yourself that isn't you, unless you want to be poetic about it. The examples also do not show a reflexive pronoun referring to a duplicate, even if by your account it allows it.

Yes, and I already said so, and that's fine for the forums. However, the Beywiki must be understandable and right. Do try to read if you want to argue with me.
Yes I did miss that, and I saw it later on, I thought I edited my post, but I guess not.
Anyway, of course I read... Why would I just try to start an argument for no reason. I am willing to admit when I'm wrong.
If anyone would like, once I get my Grade 2 Guardian Reviser WBBA Ver. in, and unbox it, I can take pictures of it. Same goes for the other things I'm bidding on.
If you do, just make sure it's good quality Also, try look on Beywiki and here to see how good it needs too be.
And all white background.
Took apart one of my MF-H's today to get a good look at the design used for them (as well as the red and black metal faces, and zero g metal faces/metal face customs). The plastic part has a thicker section about 3/4 the way up the threading (from the bottom) which is what stops it from falling over the pin. The abraded section on the pin sits inside the pole of the metal cap (extra friction). There's no real advantage to doing this for these and the second-generation metal faces (which are held together with glue and presumably some other friction), aside from not using glue (the extra machining of metal parts seems rather more complicated, especially as they did a whole redesign), aside from the fact that instead of falling apart, they come loose and can always be reassembled without the introduction of foreign substances (just something to push the pin back down with - generally requiring a rod and hammer on a solid surface).

Aaaanyway, I took a picture of the pieces of an MF-H, left to right is the order they go on in for full assembly, top to bottom: http://i.imgur.com/FFeIfUX.png
If anyone has an old silver metal face with the one-piece pin and cap with plastic threading that has come apart, I think pictures of that would make a good accompaniment in the Metal Face article to show the design change.
Wha... You KILLED IT?!?!?!?

A moment of silence, for those parts that have sacrifice themselves for the sake of science...

I reassembled it before I made that post, good as relatively new. There are discussions to be had about the legality of doing so iirc, but if I hadn't posted that, it would be impossible to tell that I'd disassembled and reassembled it. That one has always been more loose than normal though so I'm not super worried.

Oh, and that's the abraded part I mentioned. Smile
Does anyone has Driger S(Slash) attack ring?
It would be great if you could provide me some images from top and side so I can model it for a game.
tnx Wink
There are already photos of Driger S on Beywiki.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Driger_S