Beywiki Photo thread

My bad. tOO lazy to fix it.
Bandid Genbull pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97746339@N0.../lightbox/

My camera is awesome, but the lighting was really bad
(Jun. 20, 2013  6:38 PM)diblee123 Wrote: My bad. tOO lazy to fix it.
Bandid Genbull pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97746339@N0.../lightbox/

My camera is awesome, but the lighting was really bad

I agree, your camera is capable of very high quality images, however there is a shadow because (I assume) your light source was behind the camera. Any distinct shadow isn't allowed in the pictures. Also, the background isn't solid either. The picture of the underside of the Beyblade is too dark, as are many of the pictures. Advice, I think you might wanna go through some of the Beywiki articles that are already up to see the image standards. Thanks for trying though ! d=(´▽`)=b
Thanks insomniac, will try better next time
Pirates Orojya 145D (Hasbro / Shogun Steel)
Hasbro Stone Face: 1.14 grams
Orojya: 30.35 grams

Pirates Killerken A230JSB (Hasbro / Shogun Steel)
Hasbro Stone Face: 1.12 grams
Killerken: 32.27 grams

- Hasbro Stone Faces are within normal weight variations.
- Orojya weighs a gram more than the weight found on Beywiki. However, this can be attributed to general weight variations and the fact that it is painted.
- Killerken weighs two grams more than the weight found on Beywiki.
- Hasbro Bottoms retain their "reinforced arch molding," even for new Bottoms such as JSB.
- Shogun Steel single packs do not come with sticker sheets; the Stone Face sticker comes pre-applied.
- Shogun Steel single packs come with Hasbro Light Launchers, rather than Compact Launchers.

I am aware that some of this information might have already found its way to the General Hasbro Thread.

------------------------

Screw Lyra ED145MF (Hasbro / Metal Masters)
I'm just posting a test image for Samurai Pegasus here. I just want to know if it is usable before I post the rest. Or, if someone else already posted them.

No, nobody has taken them yet.
And while it's on my mind, Blitz posted a lot of photo sets in the recolour project, not only recolours, but also original releases. Be sure to check them out and see if your photographs exceed the quality of his before you post them: this goes to everyone, and no one in particular.

As for the picture, a few nitpicks:
- Stickers are somewhat worn, but not overly so.
- There is a reddish/yellowish tint to the lighting, but it's not excessive or really annoying.
- Kei used to be adamant about a 800x600 resolution for photographs (I'm guessing file size / load time, accommodating for lower end cameras, etc.), but he hasn't taken an active part to the project for over a year, and people have been posting pictures in various resolutions. However, that's more of general problem, rather than specific to your particular photograph.

Still, the quality is excellent, and I seriously doubt I need to tell you how to use a camera. Bottom line, I really don't see why Kai-V would refuse them, if the whole set looks like this one.
Hm, there is something just slightly too bright that bothers me. The stickers are too bright compared to what I see on my Samurai Pegasis right now with my own eyes. The setting of the photograph is obviously perfect, with very little shadow, but that artifical brightness might just be too much.
Dark Effigy G

I'm pretty sure we don't have pictures of this yet.

(Jun. 24, 2013  3:10 PM)Nocto Wrote: - Kei used to be adamant about a 800x600 resolution for photographs (I'm guessing file size / load time, accommodating for lower end cameras, etc.), but he hasn't taken an active part to the project for over a year, and people have been posting pictures in various resolutions. However, that's more of general problem, rather than specific to your particular photograph.

File size is the main reason. 800x600 is the standard, but it's not a huge deal if the pictures are slightly smaller or slightly bigger. We just don't want to be hosting huge 3000x3000+ photos (that's not to say that 2999x2999 is acceptable, though haha).

(Jun. 24, 2013  3:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hm, there is something just slightly too bright that bothers me. The stickers are too bright compared to what I see on my Samurai Pegasis right now with my own eyes. The setting of the photograph is obviously perfect, with very little shadow, but that artifical brightness might just be too much.

I agree.
Okay, so I took some photos of Cosmic Pegasus and L-Drago Destructor from the the Hypersttike battle set and I don't think they are fit for Beywiki.

Anyone have some tips on getting rid of shadows under the bey? It isn't that evident really but on a bunch of photos I see on Beywiki it can barely be seen unlike mine.
Guardian Revizer 160SB
Revizer (Leviathan): 31.47 grams (Beywiki: 30.6 grams)

Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Hasbro / Shogun Steel)
Phoenic (Phoenix): 31.93 grams (Beywiki: 29.8 grams)
I find that this set turned out rather nicely.

I skipped a step on the upload "procedure," as you will no doubt notice.

Kei: the white surface is kind of dirty, isn't it?

Tri: my signature.
(Jun. 28, 2013  3:10 AM)Nocto Wrote: Thief Phoenic E230GCF (Hasbro / Shogun Steel)
Phoenic (Phoenix): 31.93 grams (Beywiki: 29.8 grams)
I find that this set turned out rather nicely.

o m g

I need that Phoenic.

(Jun. 28, 2013  3:10 AM)Nocto Wrote: Kei: the white surface is kind of dirty, isn't it?

It's not totally pristine, but it's not 'dirty' in any sense of the word.

What could be improved? I know it's not fit for Beywiki yet, but what are some specific aspects that I could attempt to make better?

Also Nocto, thanks for the guide.
Well, the shadow is relatively heavy, but the background is almost perfect, and the overall quality of the photograph is great, so it is up to you.
The light was partially artificial in that picture so that's why the shadow is so heavy probably, although I might be wrong.

Ill attempt to fix that when I get back to my moms.
It depends on the time, the weather and the position where your pictures were taken, but yes, inadequately diffused artificial light is most likely the problem.

Using a piece of white paper taped to a hard surface (e.g. a piece of thick cardboard) to make a wall and placing it on the same side the shadow is cast will help attenuate the shadow.

You mentioned that you were using both artificial and natural lighting. In that case, you could place your artificial light source opposite to the natural one, so that they both play against each other's shadows.
(Jun. 28, 2013  8:31 PM)Tri Wrote:
What could be improved? I know it's not fit for Beywiki yet, but what are some specific aspects that I could attempt to make better?

Also Nocto, thanks for the guide.

Okay are these better? Also I couldn't do the Cosmic Pegasus as I can't find it's original facebolt, sorry!

Wow, those pics look great, the only thing I can say is that you might want to make it more bright!
There's something on the page for the second photograph.

I think you should try to zoom out slightly, and try to get an overall focus.
Uhhg, I just noticed that little mark on the second photograph, haha.

Anyways, you mean just kinda shoot from further away? That would be troublesome as I took this photographs in a window ciel and it's pretty small so if I were to zoom out you would see the border of the window and a shadow from the paper over hanging the window ciel. Sorry if that didn't make sense.
Here are some images I took for the other beyblade wiki, not the WBO bey wiki, I took these before I joined the WBO.
They are not good enough for Beywiki, plus we already have photographs for L Drago Destroy anyway.

Tri, hm, now those seem too dark compared to your first set of pictures.
Very nice quality photographs but there's already Leone pictures on Beywiki.
Those are actually straight from Beywiki, so that was rather stupid of you, diblee123 ...
(Jul. 05, 2013  3:35 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Those are actually straight from Beywiki, so that was rather stupid of you, diblee123 ...

To which he got from this:
http://www.kopines.com/index-gal.php?gal=166

According to the hyperlinks.