Beywarriors Octagon Showdown Stadium for use with Beyblade Tops

Poll: Should we test this stadium more to see if it is one that could be competitively viable for those without a BB-10?

Yes
95.56%
No
4.44%
Total: 100% 45 vote(s)
After careful testing and retesting, I have decided to post this thread.
If any of you have checked the Hasbro metagame thread lately, you'll see I posted a comment about how the Beywarriors Octagon Showdown Stadium was perfect for Beyblade play.
My reasons in that thread still stand but allow me to quickly reiterate why I think this stadium could have potential as a competitive stadium.
1. A tornado ridge
2. Size
3. Wall to exit ratio
4. Cost
For this stadium to be used, it'll need to have a certain set of rules because of its unique design.
RULES
I have compiled a short list of tests that will help in getting started with testing this stadium and have put them in spreadsheets in this dropbox.
Any suggestions, questions, comments about these tests I will answer to the best of my ability in this thread. I propose that more tests be conducted by people who have more parts and more experience testing but this is what I have done so far. More results will be posted as they come this week since I am off school for break. I plan to do more attack type testing and perhaps some LTD testing as well. Keep in mind when requesting me to test combos, I don't have Wyvang nor do I have Flash.

Alright that's just about everything so happy testing!
Wouldn't this go in the hasbro stadium thread (u already posted about this stadium, I'm talking about the future tests and stuffs) ? Since it is a hasbro product and that thread is for all hasbro stadiums......
No, this thread is here to see if this stadium could have use for official play ...

Anyways, the exits seem quite large and attack types have just a good if chance in this as the BB-10. If my cousin gets this for Christmas, I'll probably test in it. It's a good thing those ramps are removable.
(Dec. 17, 2013  7:21 AM)Tri Wrote: No, this thread is here to see if this stadium could have use for official play ...

Anyways, the exits seem quite large and attack types have just a good if chance in this as the BB-10. If my cousin gets this for Christmas, I'll probably test in it. It's a good thing those ramps are removable.

This, also we need to have more people get it so we can get tests up so mine aren't the only ones. Also you should at least have a look at the tests.
Oh ok, also :

This stadium (to my knowledge) is similar in size to the bb-10 attack type stadium which unfortunately is the only stadium recognized as competitive by the WBO (aside from the zero-g stadiums).

IIRC the bb-46 and Triple Battle Type BeyStadium (sonokong) are also legal for tournaments, but u can't test in them aside from their respected threads.
I'll get it to run some tests, I have a majority of somewhat top tier parts. My tests will have to wait till January or February cause I'll get the stadium in either month. I'm pretty psyched cause if this is similar to the BB-10 I could actually have decent battles.
Second round of tests is in progress, testing tornado stallers against attack, defense, and stamina
It's an interesting thought. The kids and I enjoy using the stadium for at-home play.

I'd really get a good laugh if this turned out to be a good tournament fit considering it was meant for FishSlappers, and not Beyblades Smile
(Dec. 17, 2013  5:53 PM)Naijalak Wrote: It's an interesting thought. The kids and I enjoy using the stadium for at-home play.

I'd really get a good laugh if this turned out to be a good tournament fit considering it was meant for FishSlappers, and not Beyblades Smile

no joke, also here's the second round of tests
(Dec. 17, 2013  7:19 PM)Draciel516 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2013  5:53 PM)Naijalak Wrote: It's an interesting thought. The kids and I enjoy using the stadium for at-home play.

no joke, also here's the second round of tests
Is it possible if you could post the results on the wbo? I can't get access into the files.
Equipment used:
Beylauncher L/R
Launcher grip with grip rubber, angle compass, handle extension, suspension, and metal trigger.
Beywarriors Octagon Showdown Stadium
Test results generated using the spreadsheet template in both dropbox folders
The formatting is better if you look at the actual spreadsheets but anyway here is the full list of results so far
(Dec. 17, 2013  11:03 PM)Draciel516 Wrote: Equipment used:
Beylauncher L/R
Launcher grip with grip rubber, angle compass, handle extension, suspension, and metal trigger.
Beywarriors Octagon Showdown Stadium
Test results generated using the spreadsheet template in both dropbox folders
The formatting is better if you look at the actual spreadsheets but anyway here is the full list of results so far
Thanks for posting the results Smile
The tests seem kind of off, especially Bahamoote Ifrit and the last one. How in carp's name did Leviathan Leviathan BD145CS OS Phantom 85MF every time? I can see it happening a few times by accident, but MF should OS CS anyday.

It also seems that you had a hard time getting Bahammote Ifrit SA165R2F to KO things it should have beaten easily. I can understand if you aren't as skilled as most people are with Attack types (not meant as an insult, I'm not good with Attack either), but it probably has to do more with the fact that there's only two exits/B-Pits and the Sliding Shoot is three sided.

I don't think it will be approved for Standard/Limited format (since they're basically the same thing, only with some parts banned), because of the 2 exit thing I mentioned earlier. I still say yes, test it, I could be wrong and it could be perfectly fine.
(Dec. 18, 2013  1:31 AM)Wombat Wrote: The tests seem kind of off, especially Bahamoote Ifrit and the last one. How in carp's name did Leviathan Leviathan BD145CS OS Phantom 85MF every time? I can see it happening a few times by accident, but MF should OS CS anyday.

It also seems that you had a hard time getting Bahammote Ifrit SA165R2F to KO things it should have beaten easily. I can understand if you aren't as skilled as most people are with Attack types (not meant as an insult, I'm not good with Attack either), but it probably has to do more with the fact that there's only two exits/B-Pits and the Sliding Shoot is three sided.

I don't think it will be approved for Standard/Limited format (since they're basically the same thing, only with some parts banned), because of the 2 exit thing I mentioned earlier. I still say yes, test it, I could be wrong and it could be perfectly fine.

Jury's out, I suck with attack. also I found it very strange that the Leviathan combo was os'ing phantom 85 mf but I'll post a testing video because I promise it was happening. I'll retest tomorrow with rsf and rb as well.
Another big factor is I don't have a decent R2F anymore and don't intend to buy a $30 legend blader set to get a new one since that's the only thing I can get it from anymore. This is why I am asking others with better condition parts to get this stadium and test it.
Also there are not jut two exits, just for the record. there are actually four counting penalty pockets just so you are aware! Smile I'm gonna take some pics and vids and post them later but the results from the second round were a bit awkward. Perhaps a change in the way I am scoring would be beneficial as well. Again, it would be great to get some opinions from you folks.
Hey guys redoing the tornado staller tests from yesterday against defense and the results are a little more what I expected this time around. Will add the results to this post when finished
Here's the results, a little more as expected
Also I'm going to do some retesting with modified scoring later on

Also I bought Wyvang and some msf's today so then I can do some real attack testing
I really like the idea getting this stadium and using it fir competitve purposes. I was actually thinking aobut making a thread just like this one, but you beat me to it.
Did some testing with a Limited attack and stamina combo. Here's the results.

MF Gravity Destroyer R145 RF vs. Earth Cygnus AD125 WD
Earth launched first every time. Only battles where a good Gravity sliding shot were counted
Detail Results (Click to View)
: 9 (0 OS, 9 KO)
: 11 (10 OS, 1 KO)
Earth Cygnus AD125 WD %: 55.0%
MF Gravity Destroyer R145 RF %: 45.0%

Every KO was an actual ring out. The pockets didn't come into play at all.
hey this would be a good stadium to use in official playTongue_out
(Dec. 21, 2013  1:15 AM)Naijalak Wrote: Did some testing with a Limited attack and stamina combo. Here's the results.

MF Gravity Destroyer R145 RF vs. Earth Cygnus AD125 WD
Earth launched first every time. Only battles where a good Gravity sliding shot were counted
Detail Results (Click to View)
: 9 (0 OS, 9 KO)
: 11 (10 OS, 1 KO)
Earth Cygnus AD125 WD %: 55.0%
MF Gravity Destroyer R145 RF %: 45.0%

Every KO was an actual ring out. The pockets didn't come into play at all.

Gravity getting that low against stamina seems pretty awful...
My thoughts exactly. There were plenty of times a good KO was blocked by the large stadium walls Unhappy
These results are pretty concurrent with mine, I think that it is a little more difficult to use attack in this stadium but I've been experimenting with cf in here and if you can get a 4 point sliding shoot it ko's pretty well. You do have to bank pretty hard though and I'm not good with attack Tired
yeah i guess this set is ok but it would be a good idea to have this stadium in official ternaments that would be very coolTongue_out
Quick update guys, I got wyvang and have changed scoring. If a bey is knocked into a wall above a pocket it is out of play. This will greatly balance results of tests. I'll redo most of the tests already done using these tests and test wyvang.
The problem with that is it'd be hell for judges during an actual tournament, especially in a frantic battle.
It's really not that hard. I'll put up some video when I can catch a break with my school work