Beystory: The Search

Hi guys, I'm litlleboy92 and I am going to write a story. It is called "The Search". This is my first beystory. I hope you like it! I am also open to all criticism!

Chapter1
Chapter 2

It's OK, but the plot looks too simple and straight forward.
I actually really like this. It's completely realistic, however, a mother is normally not so eager to drop what she is doing and run to the store. Maybe you should make it so she goes on a weekend? Then you can add in how your character waited and what he did during that time.

I think you should work on some sentences that don't consist of one independent clause. Try using some transitions. Like, "While I had nothing to do but to just walk, people would stare at me as if I was homeless." Your sentences are too short, which doesn't help the story flow.
uhhhh i would IF you posted the next chap..............
You should make it so the main character customises, it would make it a bit more original.
(Oct. 20, 2011  3:33 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I actually really like this. It's completely realistic, however, a mother is normally not so eager to drop what she is doing and run to the store. Maybe you should make it so she goes on a weekend? Then you can add in how your character waited and what he did during that time.

I think you should work on some sentences that don't consist of one independent clause. Try using some transitions. Like, "While I had nothing to do but to just walk, people would stare at me as if I was homeless." Your sentences are too short, which doesn't help the story flow.

I seriously agree to what you said. Smile
Your story is greatly realistic, I won't tell you to be original as there is simply nothing you can be 'original' about in a beyblade-related story. You may just make different characters and storylines, but the plot will usually be the same. Smile
All in all, just a few things you must take care of. Those are listed by Deikailo already. About the final part, you must have described 'your' condition when you slammed into that 6th grader. Like(just an example, I ain't good at writing)-
"Watch where you are going, kid. Well I'm not letting you off the hook. Let's battle." he said.
My body started to tremble, I thought I was losing control over the situation. Tears began to roll down my eyes. But, I realized, "No, I have trained a lot with my Libra. I will not lose. Even though I may not be as strong as him, but I certainly won't go away without trying". These thoughts gave me the courage to go on. I gave the arrogant sixth grader a confident gesture, directing him towards the school's beystadium. We took our positions, and were ready to battle.
3...2...1...LET IT RIP!
To be continued...

Whoa! Its been so long since I wrote something! Grin
I suggest you to watch some plastic generation battles, especially the ones involving Kai. This would give you an idea of how to write a beybattle. You see, the dialogues and phrases which Kai says are way too good and will help you.
Here's one example- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wgx5Ri5ayk Observe the way they talk.
Notice how Kai infuriates King towards the end by saying- "Looks like I'm a slow learner".
That's how you must incorporate dialogues to your characters during battles!
its realy nice
I think its too fast paced, as well as being riddled with grammatical errors and perhaps typing mistakes. Although, I do like the originality.

When school was over, I launched straight out of the classroom. I was paying attention to where I was going so I bumped into a 6th grader. (Common error, wasn't may have been the word you were looking for)

I was at the Self checkout. (Capital S)

It was a warm, cool, crisp August day (Why so many adjectives)

Try to avoid routine. I understand its supposed to be realistic, though this sounds really horrible:

I woke up, brushed my teeth, went to the toilet, said hi to Mum, ate breakfast and went to school.
Chapter 2 is out!!
Epic, very nice twist in the story, work on your quotations like:

I quietly muttered, "Dante, you have no choice, leave, now!" - extract of The True Snipe of Revenge Chapter 7b

this is an example of proper quotations and speech.
(Oct. 28, 2011  3:17 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: Epic, very nice twist in the story, work on your quotations like:

I quietly muttered, "Dante, you have no choice, leave, now!" - extract of The True Snipe of Revenge Chapter 7b

this is an example of proper quotations and speech.

Yes. It wasn't fast paced either. Nice work

yep, good work! KIU! really keep it up! and also, read the WBO Writing Standards thread, will help you some more in making your story from great to awesome Grin
y r u not posting any more chapters
I will try to post some up during the month of February. Sorry to keep every one of my fans waiting.
Alright. You asked for this. And I won't sugar-coat anything. (Don't worry. It isn't bad.)

The story's first chapter goes too fast; as a writer, you should take some time to describe what's happening in the story so the reader can completely imagine what the current scene looks like There are some grammatical and punctuation errors here and there. But it doesn't detract a lot from the main problem which is your description. Still, fix them for the next chapter.

Characters 5/10 - Like Deikailo said a long time ago, a mom wouldn't just get out of the house and go with her son/daughter to buy something. Try keeping things realistic since normally, a mom also wouldn't so quickly agree to buy a toy.

Plot (No Score) - It is still to early to determine the whole story idea so determining the plot is quite impossible.

Originality 9/10 - This is quite original since it is very realistic. So I'll give a 9. But avoid making cliches.

Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling and Spacing 6/10: You have a medium amount of mistakes, specifically in grammar, punctuation and spacing. Fix those and the story will be so much better. Smile

Overall 8/10 - Overall, the story is currently really original which is good. Keep that up and avoid cliches. Fix the mistakes and improve your format/spacing. After that, the next big step is to continue writing it.
Beys are not toys!!! Anyone who calls beyblades 'toys' does not deserve to be a blader!
I just order form bimsum2u and I order a bey and launcher the bey was fang Leone that cool right
Really Good