Beylade Popularity - Courtesy of Google

Just been surfing, shows internet historybut there isn't any numbers/scale to know how many searches

beside trends is just cool.
I found the regions and languages pretty interesting.
yea me too.
especially how it popular in Middle East. I think its due to delay in the show reaching that region.

but in fact even you found that article
if you click canada, in 2004 it virtually stops. hahaha
I found the regions to be pretty interesting as well. Also, I wonder what caused the tiny spike in searches in 2007, nothing was really happening then I don't think.
Kei Wrote:I found the regions to be pretty interesting as well. Also, I wonder what caused the tiny spike in searches in 2007, nothing was really happening then I don't think.

Beywiki was set up =P
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Kei Wrote:I found the regions to be pretty interesting as well. Also, I wonder what caused the tiny spike in searches in 2007, nothing was really happening then I don't think.

Beywiki was set up =P

You really think that had an effect on it? Lol, I guess it's the only thing that really happened.
Kei Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:

Beywiki was set up =P

You really think that had an effect on it? Lol, I guess it's the only thing that really happened.

Beywiki was set up.

Previous Beyblade sites closed down.

Fans search for other Beyblade sites.

Also, I think last year Beyblade was introduced in some countries. Kids in those countries started looking for it online.
*Wonders if overall popularity will go up in the next couple years* I'm still convinced it'll take a hell of a lot more marketing than they had during Beyblade's first run in Europe and the US. Also, I've always been curious as to why it took so long for Eastern Europe and the Middle East to get into this. Must have been contracts or whatever.
I think once they mention that they're made entirely of metal it will target older audiences and people will probably be more likely to get them as if they're metal that'll be of higher quality, as far as durability is concerned. Although a slight health risk to younger ones Tongue_out
Seldia Wrote:I think once they mention that they're made entirely of metal it will target older audiences and people will probably be more likely to get them as if they're metal that'll be of higher quality, as far as durability is concerned. Although a slight health risk to younger ones Tongue_out

Yeah man kids HATE things that are cool!

Takara are targeting kids who've never played Beyblade before, not fans that they've already lost. I mean I'm sure they know some fans will come back, but that is not their primary concern.
I'm factoring in parents being pains in the backsides about it rather than kids not wanting them... At least mine were during the beyblade era Tongue_out
Seldia Wrote:I'm factoring in parents being pains in the backsides about it rather than kids not wanting them... At least mine were during the beyblade era Tongue_out

Japan doesn't work like this.

Most Beyblade websites in Japan are owned by parents. Parents are very involved with kids' hobbies there.
Ah, I forget how different things are. Over here parents are either "sure, you can have a gun" or "don't go near that butterfly, it might cut you". Unfortunately mine were the latter ¬_¬
I paid for all my Beyblades myself, so my mom never really had any say ... Lips_sealed
Hah, well it's more difficult when you're 11 and live in a small village Tongue_out I had to be driven to the shop which was like 30-40 minutes away to spend £5 on a spinning top I wasn't allowed to get... It took me like 4 months and a monumental clean out of my room to persuade her to let me get my first one haha Grin I'll never forget that master dranzer <3
My first was Wolborg. Then I went to a tournament and bought Dranzer F. I got 2nd place and won a Galeon.

That's how it all began ...
Trust me once the new beyblade products come out then everything about beyblade will start up again.
yeah hopefully that will happen.

I'm sure tons of old fans will come back once it starts up again
It'll be interesting to see how much this goes up once MFB is released.
Kei Wrote:It'll be interesting to see how much this goes up once MFB is released.

I'm saying we won't see much of an increase till abroad development in 2010.
What I'd love to see which will really fortell the future of the hobby is a Yahoo.co.jp analysis on searches for beyblade.

Gauging japanese interest is key to understanding Takara's future profits, and whether or not it will succeed over there.
Yeah Rai is pretty much correct on that. It would be sweet if we coud get a Japanese version of Beywiki going.
My japanese has improved 10,000% since I was last in the bey community, as I go to a boarding school now with a large japanese (from Japan, living here in term time) population and once or twice the topic has come up.

If you need any assistance (though, knowing me, I can't dedicate myself to lead such a project) in terms of relations with japanese players etc then I'd be happy to oblige.
Bey Brad Wrote:Yeah Rai is pretty much correct on that. It would be sweet if we coud get a Japanese version of Beywiki going.

Maybe your BEYBLADE RENAISSANCE friends could help?
With Burst coming into the United States soon, I think there'll be higher searches once January 2017 hits, with Hasbro's terrible-but-hilarious advertising.