Beylade Popularity - Courtesy of Google

That popularity spike in December 2011 though
(Oct. 17, 2016  6:35 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: That popularity spike in December 2011 though

That's the year that i rediscovered beyblade.
I did the anatomy of the graf by comparing countries on the top of the list. USA and Japan are just for reference as those coutries have active advetising by the Hasbro and TT. Unfortuantely Google trends have its limits in comapring the grafs but never the less it's interesting to see that those spikes in 2011. were caused by countries in South Asia (India has similar tred) and Middle East. Any speculations on the cause? Maybe proliferation of cheap Chinese beyblade copies or massive MFB stock clearances in Western world countries Tongue_out

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?da...e,beyblade
(Oct. 20, 2016  8:21 AM)model850 Wrote: I did the anatomy of the graf by comparing countries on the top of the list. USA and Japan are just for reference as those coutries have active advetising by the Hasbro and TT. Unfortuantely Google trends have its limits in comapring the grafs but never the less it's interesting to see that those spikes in 2011. were caused by countries in South Asia (India has similar tred) and Middle East. Any speculations on the cause? Maybe proliferation of cheap Chinese beyblade copies or massive MFB stock clearances in Western world countries Tongue_out

https://www.google.com/trends/explore?da...e,beyblade

Well not really, as those countries had legitimate companies and are just very populous. One of those countries even took our English version of the Metal Fight Beyblade logo and they were almost giving away a car as a prize for one of their big tournaments. Beyblade was very popular there.
(Oct. 20, 2016  1:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well not really, as those countries had legitimate companies and are just very populous. One of those countries even took our English version of the Metal Fight Beyblade logo and they were almost giving away a car as a prize for one of their big tournaments. Beyblade was very popular there.

I'm not familliar with situation in those countries so you could be right. Those two priminent peaks could be result of "Christmas time" tournaments and overall holiday shopping craze. Smile
It could just be that Beyblade was legitimately huge in those countries ...
Huge must be an undertatement. I mean Bangladesh and Pakistan alone have 100 times more "hits" than USA yet their overall population is in pair. Uncertain