Beyblade dead in the U.K.

I can’t find them anywhere. The distribution is awful in the U.K. Have hasbro decided to stop marketing here or has the British release not fully happened yet? You find the occasional first wave single and double packs and the stadium sets. But nothing new. What are your thoughts U.K. fans?
Yeah that sucks i hope theres somewhere in the U.K. Or even a U.K. Beyblade Store Hasbro Or Takara Tomy Good Luck From America!
I’m hoping that I’ll be able to relive the good old days and buy the plastic gen re releases actually in a shop rather than online. Please Hasbro bring the plastic gen double packs to the UK. Thanks x
I think Tesco, Sainsbury and Smyths have pretty much given up on Beyblade Burst. I've never seen anything besides Wave 1 (and occasionally some Wave 2 double packs and Switchstrikes) but they've been cleared from shelves. Asda has never sold any Beyblades since Metal Masters.

Keep in mind, I live in the North West so I dunno how it is down where you live in the UK.
Hi guys
Ummm... Well it is at the verge of extinct , at the place I live
Last week I saw a couple of minoboros , and some single layer boosters at tesco
Yeah, Hasbro gave up on the UK very early on. You'll find single and dual layer stuff in places, but I'd be surprised if you found Evolution onwards anymore. It all got clearanced ages ago, haha.
It's been a while since I've checked stores for Beyblades, but are single layers even still available? My local TESCO and Sainsburys doesn't have anything beyblade related anymore.
(Jan. 19, 2019  1:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It's been a while since I've checked stores for Beyblades, but are single layers even still available? My local TESCO and Sainsburys doesn't have anything beyblade related anymore.

The Sainsbury superstore in Southall had some dual packs and single layer s like s2,v2,k2 and some dual layers
Evolution is nowhere to be seen
Yeah, I live in Shropshire and absolutely everything has disappeared. I’ve been checking regularly and there’s no sign of them returning.
Whoa, this is so disappointing. UK used to be such a huge market for Beyblade. I wonder what the factors were.
(Jan. 19, 2019  5:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Whoa, this is so disappointing. UK used to be such a huge market for Beyblade. I wonder what the factors were.

IMO, Beyblades stopped becoming popular in the UK after Beyblade Metal Fusion because any series after that either had mediocre sales or sold really poorly. Beyblade Burst has sold even worse as there was a lack of advertisements.
(Jan. 19, 2019  6:14 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  5:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Whoa, this is so disappointing. UK used to be such a huge market for Beyblade. I wonder what the factors were.

IMO, Beyblades stopped becoming popular in the UK after Beyblade Metal Fusion because any series after that either had mediocre sales or sold really poorly. Beyblade Burst has sold even worse as there was a lack of advertisements.

I thought metal masters were good...
During those times even simple stores had beys
I feel sorry for you. hope you can find some cool beys soon
(Jan. 19, 2019  7:08 PM)Stormwatch Wrote: I feel sorry for you. hope you can find some cool beys soon

Its no big deal...I still don't get Hasbro
TT4LIFE
(Jan. 19, 2019  7:03 PM)Phades115 Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  6:14 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: IMO, Beyblades stopped becoming popular in the UK after Beyblade Metal Fusion because any series after that either had mediocre sales or sold really poorly. Beyblade Burst has sold even worse as there was a lack of advertisements.

Oh yeah Metal Masters was all over the place, it might've been popular during it's earlier run but there's probably a reason we never got Metal Fury outside of TKMaxx, besides Sparks FX.

Since Metal Fury, Beyblades have gotten far less popular here, and Burst only seems to have worsened things with lack of marketing and just appearing on shelves just like that.
(Jan. 19, 2019  7:03 PM)Phades115 Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  6:14 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: IMO, Beyblades stopped becoming popular in the UK after Beyblade Metal Fusion because any series after that either had mediocre sales or sold really poorly. Beyblade Burst has sold even worse as there was a lack of advertisements.

Well yes, we had a lot of Metal Masters in stores in the UK and the toys were good but in all the stores I went to, I barely saw anyone (if anyone at all) buying them and a lot of them warmed up the shelves. It was also the last Beyblade related line Asda sold before forgetting Beyblade for good.
(Jan. 19, 2019  8:02 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  7:03 PM)Phades115 Wrote: I thought metal masters were good...

Oh yeah Metal Masters was all over the place, it might've been popular during it's earlier run but there's probably a reason we never got Metal Fury outside of TKMaxx, besides Sparks FX.

Since Metal Fury, Beyblades have gotten far less popular here, and Burst only seems to have worsened things with lack of marketing and just appearing on shelves just like that.

Yeah ur right...Metal fury was never spotted
BTW did anyone have any luck on TOYSRUS
Before they were closed
Yeah. Hasbro has put little to no effort into the UK, and it failed here as a result of that. The anime was shoved onto a channel nobody really watches, all of their Tour attempts (that thing where they just popped up a location and had an event) were at paid sports events in some of the weirdest places, and there was no advertising for any of the products or these events anywhere either.

I worked at Sainsbury's up until recently, and we started stocking Beyblade as of Evolution's release. Within three months (following a month and a half of zero sales at my store from what I checked), they'd been marked internally as "DD" across the country, meaning that we were to clearance them. Even the clearanced ones took a solid 6 months to sell because they wouldn't drop below 50%, haha.

Even reaching out to Hasbro myself at one point to see if they'd be interested in partnering for an event or just some help with their events in general, I was pretty much turned away for it rather than having it escalated to the right person. They just outright didn't care, yet I'm sure it would've been entirely possible to make Beyblade successful here with some organised effort.

Though, I shouldn't be surprised, the same happened with MFB stuff here as well. We got Metal Masters, but Metal Fury onwards was so area-specific, and even then it's stock varied horribly. Same also notably happened when B-Daman Crossfire launched here; we got wave 1 and they withdrew it from us.
B-Daman later waves were found in £ stores and Home Bargains, which had older products IIRC, and weren't exactly a place to promote new items. I saw the Fireblast Bomber set in Entertainers for a while. Raydra and Drazeros from Fireblast was at ONE £ shop, and it wasn't even a well known £ shop, just some obscure generic shop. I think wave 1 of Crossfire was glue to our £ stores and Entertainers for a while, like, even at £1, no one wanted them. Even I got sick of them after getting two of each.

I think Metal Fury wave 1 was found in TKMaxx and even that wasn't guaranteed. We got Sparks FX in Tesco yeah but nobody cared about them, nobody liked them. Besides a few niche recoloured parts they sucked. Of all things we could get too... They were around until Shogun Steels initial run IIRC. Shogun Steel wave 1 was found in Argos for a few months but were gone later, I've heard from a YTer that later waves were found there, but I never saw them.

Not until Autumn 2015 did I find Shogun Steel later waves alongside with older waves of it appear in TheEntertainers, and even then I only found ONE Ronin Dragoon ever, which I still have today. Also at that time I found some Legends line there and in TRU, including the double pack. I never found their 4D stuff so... yeah that sucked. The Legends line in TRU were gone really quickly in my area, but they stayed with Shogun Steel in Entertainers for until around early 2017 I think? Funny enough I saw a few men who were around 20 getting Shogun Steel, which was cool to see, but they didn't seem like dedicated fans like me or anyone here and were really getting them ironically, spinning them on the Shopping Centre floors and all that.

After that there was Wave 1 Dual Layer Bursts and Single Layers, which I found in TRU in June 2017, and little did I know those damned things would be super glue to our shelves for quite some time... eugh. Dual Layers were kinda here and there, D2, W2 and sometimes K2 were around while V2, S2 and R2 were a little harder to find. We got a few double packs in Sainsburys, the one with silver O2, original Xcalibur, green Y2 and white U2, and some of the single layer double packs but that was it. I found that set with S2 and V2 in TRU, as well as the black Valkyrie and case set, but well... TRU was dead not long after.

@[~Mana~] pretty much summed up the SwitchStrike situation, and the last time I saw them was early July. Then after that new Beyblade releases pretty much died out and all we had left were a huge abundance of Single Layers and a few Dual Layers here and there. To this day, and from what I've heard from people here, single layers are STILL around. Not in my area though, they're all gone. I think other areas might have them but it's been a while since I checked them.
(Jan. 19, 2019  8:48 PM)Jinbee Wrote: B-Daman later waves were found in £ stores and Home Bargains, which had older products IIRC, and weren't exactly a place to promote new items. I saw the Fireblast Bomber set in Entertainers for a while. Raydra and Drazeros from Fireblast was at ONE £ shop, and it wasn't even a well known £ shop, just some obscure generic shop. I think wave 1 of Crossfire was glue to our £ stores and Entertainers for a while, like, even at £1, no one wanted them. Even I got sick of them after getting two of each.

I think Metal Fury wave 1 was found in TKMaxx and even that wasn't guaranteed. We got Sparks FX in Tesco yeah but nobody cared about them, nobody liked them. Besides a few niche recoloured parts they sucked. Of all things we could get too... They were around until Shogun Steels initial run IIRC. Shogun Steel wave 1 was found in Argos for a few months but were gone later, I've heard from a YTer that later waves were found there, but I never saw them.

Not until Autumn 2015 did I find Shogun Steel later waves alongside with older waves of it appear in TheEntertainers, and even then I only found ONE Ronin Dragoon ever, which I still have today. Also at that time I found some Legends line there and in TRU, including the double pack. I never found their 4D stuff so... yeah that sucked. The Legends line in TRU were gone really quickly in my area, but they stayed with Shogun Steel in Entertainers for until around early 2017 I think? Funny enough I saw a few men who were around 20 getting Shogun Steel, which was cool to see, but they didn't seem like dedicated fans like me or anyone here and were really getting them ironically, spinning them on the Shopping Centre floors and all that.

After that there was Wave 1 Dual Layer Bursts and Single Layers, which I found in TRU in June 2017, and little did I know those damned things would be super glue to our shelves for quite some time... eugh. Dual Layers were kinda here and there, D2, W2 and sometimes K2 were around while V2, S2 and R2 were a little harder to find. We got a few double packs in Sainsburys, the one with silver O2, original Xcalibur, green Y2 and white U2, and some of the single layer double packs but that was it. I found that set with S2 and V2 in TRU, as well as the black Valkyrie and case set, but well... TRU was dead not long after.

@[~Mana~] pretty much summed up the SwitchStrike situation, and the last time I saw them was early July. Then after that new Beyblade releases pretty much died out and all we had left were a huge abundance of Single Layers and a few Dual Layers here and there. To this day, and from what I've heard from people here, single layers are STILL around. Not in my area though, they're all gone. I think other areas might have them but it's been a while since I checked them.
Wow ...u found legends series in UK ...that's cool
Also I found some switch strike on Amazon which costs 30£ for a legend spryzen...
But also the best dual pack I have found until now the the green d2 and blue u2 pack
Well it is obvious that UK has been abandoned by Hasbro..
(Jan. 15, 2019  9:31 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: I think Tesco, Sainsbury and Smyths have pretty much given up on Beyblade Burst. I've never seen anything besides Wave 1 (and occasionally some Wave 2 double packs and Switchstrikes) but they've been cleared from shelves. Asda has never sold any Beyblades since Metal Masters.

Keep in mind, I live in the North West so I dunno how it is down where you live in the UK.

I live north west too and it's pretty bad. ? 
(Jan. 19, 2019  9:29 PM)Phades115 Wrote: Wow ...u found legends series in UK ...that's cool
Also I found some switch strike on Amazon which costs 30£ for a legend spryzen...
But also the best dual pack I have found until now the the green d2 and blue u2 pack

Well, TRU had the Legends 2 pack, which IIRC was the: Dark Wolf vs Poison Serpent, Flame Sagittario vs Thermal Pisces, Grand Cetus vs Rock Zurafa and Ray Gil vs Cyclone Herculeo, which I have all of. But they were there for a couple months in my TRU and that was it, they were gone. We also got the old rereleases in MFB, but I never found Rock Leone and Burn Fireblaze for some reason, like, ever. And yeah I never found anything 4D in that wave.

In fact the only 4D related thing I ever found was that Sparks FX set with Cosmic Pegasus and L-Drago Destructor in TKMaxx once.

I think £30 is a little much for Hasbro lS to be honest, not because it isn't harder to find, but I personally don't want to invest that much for it.
(Jan. 19, 2019  9:37 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jan. 19, 2019  9:29 PM)Phades115 Wrote: Wow ...u found legends series in UK ...that's cool

Well, TRU had the Legends 2 pack, which IIRC was the: Dark Wolf vs Poison Serpent, Flame Sagittario vs Thermal Pisces, Grand Cetus vs Rock Zurafa and Ray Gil vs Cyclone Herculeo, which I have all of. But they were there for a couple months in my TRU and that was it, they were gone. We also got the old rereleases in MFB, but I never found Rock Leone and Burn Fireblaze for some reason, like, ever. And yeah I never found anything 4D in that wave.

In fact the only 4D related thing I ever found was that Sparks FX set with Cosmic Pegasus and L-Drago Destructor in TKMaxx once.

I think £30 is a little much for Hasbro lS to be honest, not because it isn't harder to find, but I personally don't want to invest that much for it.
Even in Metal fusion times..stocks had the same beys..for e.g dark bull..every store i went had it 
Spark FX beys were ridiculous.. I'm sorry but I hated it...

Well u especially don't want to invest above 15£ on hasbeys
Yeah, the prices on these pretty mediocre Hasbro makes of Burst wasn't attractive at all. Here's the thing, these didn't have the nicest aesthetical quality to me, some plastics looked very cheap and weren't as accurate as I'd like. They also had no stickers. The second problem being the lack of cross compatibility, which made them nowhere near as useful, and starting an entire collection for Hasbro compatible beys just meant more money to invest on them, not helping with it's already increased price. I really don't think they should've been any more than £10, like how MFB was. I'm fine with imports being £15, as they are from abroad and have a much nicer quality, and better launchers in the case of starters.

I did end up getting Switchstrike for it's £14 asking price because, while not perfect were a bit more worth the price. They were pretty cool. £13-14 for those Dual Layer starters though? Nuh-uh. I got most of the pre-Evolution Burst stuff at a discount.