Beyblade X - Wishful Thinking and Speculation

(Apr. 19, 2023  2:03 PM)GC Bey Wrote: Has anyone over the age of 21 ever considered an "extreme" or "underground" type beyblade battle community ? Where all customizations are allowed,all metal is allowed, sparks and all Lol. The only rule is the launcher stays the same. But I think it be pretty cool turn it up a notch.

Sounds like a recipe for destruction and cracked plastic lmao. I would say it still would need to at least be metal to metal or plastic to plastic at the very least.

As far as beyblade X goes I would honestly enjoy some more (better) remakes. I enjoyed the ones from burst but the dragoon looked horrible from hasbro. I know these were more for fun than competitive but at least make the them all look good because there's no sense in spending takara prices on something that isn't going to be used competitively. 

I am assuming with the name X they are going after the older generation of players with nostalgia. I just hope it has good substance to it. I feel kinda bad missing out on burst so I am hoping this series is going to be good.
I have a theory that the “Sword” in the Dran Sword name (mentioned by marutti) could be a mistranslation of “Xcalibur” because Xcalibur is the name of a mythological sword. It would make since because Beyblade has reused names like Quetzalcoatl between generations, and because this is Beyblade X, so a protagonist bey having that letter would make sense. It all fits too perfectly for me to not mention this as a possibility.
(May. 11, 2023  10:49 PM)GoldRaidFilms Wrote: I have a theory that the “Sword” in the Dran Sword name (mentioned by marutti) could be a mistranslation of “Xcalibur” because Xcalibur is the name of a mythological sword. It would make since because Beyblade has reused names like Quetzalcoatl between generations, and because this is Beyblade X, so a protagonist bey having that letter would make sense. It all fits too perfectly for me to not mention this as a possibility.

The only part that doesn't fit perfectly is "Dran" and "Sword" sound nothing like "Excalibur" so it can't be a mistranslation (of xcalibur)
Looking at the designs of the tops, I'm speculating that the burst gimmick is actually a failsafe to prevent some high recoil hits from damaging the tops.
I'm curious as to how everyone will react to the Beyblade X designs. I personally like it, seems more streamlined. But I can see burst fans thinking they are a bit basic looking.

I wonder how long do you think until Hasbro actually brings Beyblade X stateside? I know a lot of us aren't big on their products but I generally am curious what their usually turn around time is from Japan to the west.
I removed this because I thought it was going to show as a reply, but it didn’t.

(May. 11, 2023  10:55 PM)NoNotYou Wrote:
(May. 11, 2023  10:49 PM)GoldRaidFilms Wrote: I have a theory that the “Sword” in the Dran Sword name (mentioned by marutti) could be a mistranslation of “Xcalibur” because Xcalibur is the name of a mythological sword. It would make since because Beyblade has reused names like Quetzalcoatl between generations, and because this is Beyblade X, so a protagonist bey having that letter would make sense. It all fits too perfectly for me to not mention this as a possibility.

The only part that doesn't fit perfectly is "Dran" and "Sword" sound nothing like "Excalibur" so it can't be a mistranslation (of xcalibur)

I’m not too familiar with translations from Japanese, but I used to take a class in Spanish where we used Google Translate a lot, and I quickly learned that (as far as I’m familiar with) two synonyms would come out the same in Google Translate, in many languages I experimented with, because they have the same meaning. I don’t think I explained this that well, so I’ll try an example. Trail and path both mean the same thing, but they’re different words. They both translate to camino in Spanish when using Google Translate because not everything has the same amount of words in every language, even though the two words sound nothing alike. However, I’m not saying that I’m right about the name when I’m explaining my thinking. I reserve the right to be wrong, but I wanted to put my experiences in translation out there in case it applied to this specific situation.

There is so much wrong in this sentence, this just reads as a name YOU want, not an actual error in the translation, the official CoroCoro pages have Hells Scythe and Dransword written in English.... lol
(Apr. 17, 2023  6:47 PM)Xcess-Z Wrote: My thoughts on the next system:
I’m betting that each Bey has five main parts. From top to bottom, they would have a Bit Chip like piece, and Energy Ring like piece, the main layer, a metal disc, and then the tip. I doubt the Bit Chip and Energy Ring parts have any real value. However, if these Beys do Burst, I could see the teeth being on one or the other. The layer would be where all the main contact points are, the metal disc providing weight, and the tip just being a normal tip.

It’s too probably early to try and guess what the timing for the motives are, but I might as well. The leaked Bey’s insignia looks like Gemios, which is based on Gemini. So it’s possible that the beys will be based on Astrological Signs. There’s only 12, so they shouldn’t have much of a problem doing each one, as opposed to the tons of constellations. They would be reusing lots of Metal Saga motifs, but it’s not like that’s a bad thing.

I've gotta ask, which "leaked bey" are you looking at? Dran Sword is a dragon, and Hells Scythe is a flaming skull, neither of which really scream "Gemios" to me.
Here are my predictions based off of the solid info we have now.

The goal of the series is for a Blader and their team to rise up the ranks at the X Tower. Teams are made up of 3 Bladers each. To rise through the tower, a team has to make it through the challenges of each level. Then, they can get to the next level and its challenges. The top level is home to the strongest Bladers in Japan, and they can move throughout the X Tower as they please.

The MC uses a red Beyblade, and the other members of his team are the kid with the scarf, and the kid with the spiky hair. Those two have the upcoming Stamina and Defense Beyblades respectively. The kid with Dran Sword is a pro from the top level. He and his team essentially serve as a the goal line for the series.
(May. 13, 2023  2:45 AM)originalzankye Wrote:

There is so much wrong in this sentence, this just reads as a name YOU want, not an actual error in the translation, the official CoroCoro pages have Hells Scythe and Dransword written in English.... lol

I never said I actually wanted the name, and I never claimed this to be fact. I was just speculating based on what I had read on the WBO so far. This thread is specifically made for speculation, not for actual confirmed info. Given the fact that I have learned more information since the time of that post, I do understand that the names are what they are. But I never said anything about this being confirmed (or anything even remotely similar.) My post only served to share a theory, not to convince anyone that my word is correct. I reserve the right to be wrong while sharing theories, which is why the post wasn’t under the Upcoming Release thread.
(May. 14, 2023  5:08 PM)GoldRaidFilms Wrote:
(May. 13, 2023  2:45 AM)originalzankye Wrote: There is so much wrong in this sentence, this just reads as a name YOU want, not an actual error in the translation, the official CoroCoro pages have Hells Scythe and Dransword written in English.... lol

I never said I actually wanted the name, and I never claimed this to be fact. I was just speculating based on what I had read on the WBO so far. This thread is specifically made for speculation, not for actual confirmed info. Given the fact that I have learned more information since the time of that post, I do understand that the names are what they are. But I never said anything about this being confirmed (or anything even remotely similar.) My post only served to share a theory, not to convince anyone that my word is correct. I reserve the right to be wrong while sharing theories, which is why the post wasn’t under the Upcoming Release thread.

You assumed a mistranslation when there is no connection to any of the words at all, you are free to speculate but you can also be told if the speculation makes no sense at all...lol

For any of the times that Marutti might not be 100% on a name he was 200% on what it was because it was literally written in English on the pages
(May. 14, 2023  5:50 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(May. 14, 2023  5:08 PM)GoldRaidFilms Wrote: I never said I actually wanted the name, and I never claimed this to be fact. I was just speculating based on what I had read on the WBO so far. This thread is specifically made for speculation, not for actual confirmed info. Given the fact that I have learned more information since the time of that post, I do understand that the names are what they are. But I never said anything about this being confirmed (or anything even remotely similar.) My post only served to share a theory, not to convince anyone that my word is correct. I reserve the right to be wrong while sharing theories, which is why the post wasn’t under the Upcoming Release thread.

You assumed a mistranslation when there is no connection to any of the words at all, you are free to speculate but you can also be told if the speculation makes no sense at all...lol

For any of the times that Marutti might not be 100% on a name he was 200% on what it was because it was literally written in English on the pages

You are in the right to say that my speculation makes no sense, which I agree with now that I know more info. However, I never assumed that there was a mistranslation. I considered it a possibility at the time, but I never believed it was the only possibility. Now that I know it was written in English, however, I don’t think it is even a possibility anymore. I don’t want to waste any more of your time, since I know that you probably have more important things to do. Have a good rest of your day, zankye.
Well, I was wrong about the protagonist owning Dran Sword. I guess for now i'll go with the theory that the protag pulls a tyson and owns the bird bey for only a tiny bit before something happens and he switches to Hells Scythe.
My bet is that the bird Beyblade is the special (probably limited release) BXG-01. If the protagonist only has it for like, one chapter, I can see why they would still release it, but only briefly.

Now that clean scans of the manga have been posted online, here’s what I think the System will be like.

(Names are just conjecture so you can understand better)
Core
Energy Ring
Blade
Disc
Chassis
Tip

Now, the explanation: the Core will pair together with the Energy Ring, like Metal System Beys. The Blade will hold those parts in place, along with providing the main contact points. Below the Blade will be the Disc, it doesn’t always have a use but can provide extra bulk and weight.

Below that will be the Chassis, the Disc is sandwiched between the Blade and the Chassis. The Chassis is where the Tip is attached to, and determines the Beys rotation. And then, I said, the Tip will attach to the Chassis. The Tip is the part that makes contact with the stadium and determines how the Bey moves.
Here’s my X Kurosu theory right off of the bat (also predictions on the plot)

what happen when the teeth in the stadium or bottom beys broke? will we ever have to buy separately? if not then its really concerning because stadium are not cheap.
My hopes for future of Beyblade X:
(May. 18, 2023  3:37 AM)Bey100 Wrote: My hopes for future of Beyblade X:
I fully agree about size and weight. As a retail product, there's going to be a temptation for them to render old product obsolete through power creep, but I'm hopeful that a focus on a more competitive game will result in the designers reigning in the performance differential somewhat at least. I'll be interested to see how they handle legacy parts, since they will want new customers whenever possible, they won't want to end up with a meta that might favour out of production parts, because that will put-off new players. Other companies, like Games Workshop with their Warhammer Underworlds and Wizards of the Coast with their Magic the Gathering games, have limited formats for tournaments, with players only able to use relatively recent releases and the most up to date version of the rules for their cards. I think that would probably be a good way to maintain future sales without needing power creep to sell more product, and help to keep the meta fresh, interesting, and hopefully balanced. As a business I think it makes sense too, because it reduces the value proposition in the second-hand market for anyone who isn't a collector, incentivising retail purchases instead.
In Japan, we warry about 2 thing in X.
1Unfair stadium
2lowkey looking.
TT didn't learn anything from ZeroG’s failure.
(May. 19, 2023  9:51 AM)marutti Wrote: In Japan, we warry about 2 thing in X.
1Unfair stadium
2lowkey looking.

I don't understand what you mean...
(May. 19, 2023  11:27 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
(May. 19, 2023  9:51 AM)marutti Wrote: In Japan, we warry about 2 thing in X.
1Unfair stadium
2lowkey looking.

I don't understand what you mean...
I guess he saying that he worry that Beyblade X will fail because of just how gimmicky the stadium and system is, but to be honest I feel like people in Japan aren’t gonna be that picky and I think due to the burst gimmick it could still succeed will just have to wait and see.
(May. 19, 2023  11:41 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Oh noooo marutti is now banned...
I mean you can’t blame him he isn’t entirely wrong about Beyblade X possibly being too gimmicky for Japan, but I’m glad TT is taking more risk again because to me while Burst was fine it felt like they didn’t take a lot of risk anime and product wise which made things a little boring. If Beyblade X fails (which I highly doubt) they simply will move on to some new Beyblade Gen like with MFB and reevaluate their plan, so we really just have to wait and see like I said.
Just went on a video spam on this Beyblade X. This Series is what has brought me Back from the dead.
I really like that Metal is back, and that they are trying to incorporate all the previous series into this one. But, I have my worries..

#1, I worry that this will have the same problems Burst had with its meta. I feel like attack will be the only viable option to win with this new gimmick. I was watching alot of battles from that event in Japan, and the attack type reigned Supreme. Now I love attack types, but my favorite type is defense, and I feel that defense would be the worst of the bunch. Not only does it have less stamina, but it gets knocked around and KOd with ease. Its all round worst than the other beys.
What Defense does Defense types have in this new series when you now have beys crashing into them at like 7mph? And if The WBO keeps their "Rebound still counts as a KO" rules, the. Nobody who can tell their head from a hat rack would dare play a defense type.

#2: the stadium.
Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this new style of play, it's so much more different than all the previous series before.... but this type of stadium is biased to attack types.
One thing about the previous B-10 stadiums is that they are balanced for all 4 types of beys. The original burst stadium didn't favor stamina types more than the defense type, or the defense type more than the attack type. It was balanced, it had features that gave all 4 types their opportunity to shine, while not having anything that gave one type of bey a much greater advantage over the others... but the same can't be said for this new stadium. It favors attack types. And defense and stamina will suffer due to it by what it seems to me.

#3 Xtreme Finish.
This is sorta the same thing I said earlier, but trying to get extreme finishes will be the main goal of players.
Now bursting was the main goal when burst came out.
I feel like there isn't gonna be no more strategy as the stadium is designed for extreme finishes in mind. Just get your attack type and have it ride the ridge for the xtreme finish. I feel that Defense and stamina will suffer greatly with this, as they are designed to stay in the Center of the stadium.

All in all, I'm still excited regardless of these worries, and will buy everything that comes out. I know that attack types suffered in burst, and I'm happy that they are really stronk now, but i do hope that they give the other types some love. Maybe make additional stadiums that gives other types a better chance. Hey, if they want to make beyblade into a real sport, then making more than 1 stadium would be great. One stadium for attack, another for defense, another for stamina, and one for balance, and maybe other stadiums that had other gimmicks to it. Have the stadium be chosen before each match, or even better, have the players vote on what stadium they want, like what they do in fighting games such as SSBU & Brawlhalla, and now the players must think properly as to what build they will use in their decks, as the stadium will play a drastic role in battles now. It will remove the Samey issue that burst had. Just play a stamina type with extreme LAD, and there u go, champion. Now it will involve much more risk and creativity.
"I chose the stamina stadium cuz of my favorite stamina build, but the attack stadium was chosen. But I have 2 other beys that would do well in this stadium".

Idk what the future will hold with this series, but I'm looking forward to jumping back into beyblade now.