Beyblade X Manga and Anime Discussion

The new chapter was solid. Adding sponsors is a neat world-building element, but I'm curious about their role in the future. Now that Team Persona can just climb the X Tower, will Komaba Zushi have any opportunities for story relevance? If they do I suppose it'll be centered around Maiden, given that they've been quite vague about her past. I'm also curious about where Bird's character will go from here. They've set him up as a weak character off the bat, making his friend's statements from chapter 1 ring true. The only similar situation I can think of would be Hyuga at the start of the Asahi Brothers Arc in the Burst Manga, but even he had at least a few wins. I do hope they climb the X Tower soon, I feel like it'll be a much more interesting and diverse setting for the series if handled properly.
(Aug. 12, 2023  7:02 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2023  3:38 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Loved the chapter, but when is Bird going to stop being fodder? I thought he was the protagonist.

In his defense the series just started, and it was established in chapter 1 that Bird is a amateur and he's been facing mostly pros & higher experienced bladers so far. He'll improve in time, his start kinda reminds me of Valt's and to be honest I'd rather we have a novice blader similar to Valt start the new series rather than a high level blader similar to Gingka like in Metal.

Valt was an amateur and he still cooked in the district tournament. Right now it doesn’t even feel like Foddird is the protagonist.
(Aug. 12, 2023  9:42 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2023  7:02 PM)UnderbossBlader Wrote: In his defense the series just started, and it was established in chapter 1 that Bird is a amateur and he's been facing mostly pros & higher experienced bladers so far. He'll improve in time, his start kinda reminds me of Valt's and to be honest I'd rather we have a novice blader similar to Valt start the new series rather than a high level blader similar to Gingka like in Metal.

Valt was an amateur and he still cooked in the district tournament. Right now it doesn’t even feel like Foddird is the protagonist.

So far He got put him up against a guy with 10 yrs in the sport, and a blader capable of wielding multiple different beys, in other words someone of a far higher skill level and with more experience than him. He's still an amateur with just 1 month of training facing much more powerful bladers. Until he puts in the training or developes new move or something it should be expected that he'll lose to better opponents than him, but that shouldn't be the case for much longer. He can't lose for the entire manga, he might get a win within the next chapter or two.
I don't think it's worth comparing to Burst because X is going for a much more realistic power scaling than the Burst anime. Remember, by the Burst anime logic, people like Lui and Valt lose to new characters every season.

Bird, who has only really played "seriously" for 1 year, lost to: a Pro Blader, an internet celebrity who is at the same level as a Pro, and a retired Pro Blader.

If you look at eSports, which X is taking a lot of inspiration from, even regular high ranking players won't hold a candle to the Pros.
I already know the perfect character arc for Bird.

In later chapters when Bird loses again and again, Taisho confronts Bird and tells him about his past and how he's similar to Bird in a way of having a dream of being at the top of X Tower. They develop a relationship and Bird gets better learning from Taisho.
Is it more likely that the dub for Beyblade X won’t release in the states until next year? And if so, how deep into next year? Because if we are truly indeed not getting the Japanese release until the end of year then it could be a long way until we can get it on our screens without subtitles and vpns
Honestly Idk if I even know when dubbing would release? Why? Because shows will keep running and its usually the last thing on there mind!
(Aug. 31, 2023  12:31 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Honestly Idk if I even know when dubbing would release? Why? Because shows will keep running and its usually the last thing on there mind!

That reason doesn’t make sense at all
(Aug. 31, 2023  12:38 PM)TitanDragon Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2023  12:31 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Honestly Idk if I even know when dubbing would release? Why? Because shows will keep running and its usually the last thing on there mind!

That reason doesn’t make sense at all

I can understand that but Im saying idk if anyone has an actual "confirmed release date"
Is Bird the confirmed protagonist of the series? Honestly I have my doubts. Dransword is first beyblade to be released and it's an attack type. Usually every "first protagonist" has been an attack type user.
(Sep. 03, 2023  10:45 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Is Bird the confirmed protagonist of the series? Honestly I have my doubts. Dransword is first beyblade to be released and it's an attack type. Usually every "first protagonist" has been an attack type user.

Yes bird is the protagonist

Kamen and Multi are more deuteragonist/tritatagonist
(Sep. 03, 2023  11:32 PM)NoNotYou Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2023  10:45 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Is Bird the confirmed protagonist of the series? Honestly I have my doubts. Dransword is first beyblade to be released and it's an attack type. Usually every "first protagonist" has been an attack type user.

Yes bird is the protagonist

We have 2 protagonist like Sparking. Bird and Kamen X.
(Sep. 04, 2023  1:00 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2023  11:32 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: Yes bird is the protagonist

We have 2 protagonist like Sparking. Bird and Kamen X.

-In the corocoro where X was first revealed they didn't show off any characters except for Bird (not counting the prologue)

-The prologue is about Bird, with Kamen being a mere background character

-The official description of the X manga is "The manga's story centers on a young boy who aims to be a professional Beyblade player. He aims to get to the X tower, where professional Beyblade players gather."

Don't get me wrong it's definitely easy to get confused, but at the end of the day I think it's safe to say Bird is the protagonist in this trio of main characters.
(Sep. 04, 2023  1:55 AM)NoNotYou Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2023  1:00 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: We have 2 protagonist like Sparking. Bird and Kamen X.

-In the corocoro where X was first revealed they didn't show off any characters except for Bird (not counting the prologue)

-The prologue is about Bird, with Kamen being a mere background character

-The official description of the X manga is "The manga's story centers on a young boy who aims to be a professional Beyblade player. He aims to get to the X tower, where professional Beyblade players gather."

Don't get me wrong it's definitely easy to get confused, but at the end of the day I think it's safe to say Bird is the protagonist in this trio of main characters.
People are really struggling to accept that the guy with the blue 3-winged(excluding Dragoon) attack type isnt the protag. Why couldn't HS be BX-01 at the very least TT...
Im not a fan of the name bird per say
This trailer looks pretty hype! I love the music they use for it, the anime feels like it'll be a bit more mature than Burst, though the battle animation and certain assets feel very similar to it. I was surprised that Bird sounds like that but I like his voice, it's not annoying, hyperactive hotheaded kid voice, it feels very unique. Really looking forward to it! I haven't been so hyped for Beyblade media for almost a decade, and this might've just brought it back. It helps that the manga has been pretty good so far.

A bit disappointed that the generic beys reuse the non-major beys like WizardArrow and SharkEdge, likely KnightShield too, kinda like Burst did, when the manga had unique ones. But whatever.
October 6 was way earlier then I was expecting (not complaining though) looks sick
FINALLY i've been waiting months for this trailer. Overall, i'm hyped for it, it looks like it'll follow at minimum the first 2 chapters of the manga which were both pretty good.
As for the art style it's similar to burst but I don't think that's a bad thing, if anything I think it actually looks a little better than burst. Animation idrc it doesn't bother me.

I'm a little bit worried about the battles, they seem similar to burst battles which I got a bit tired of after 7 seasons, but eh maybe it'll be better when actually watching the show.
And replacing the cool manga exclusives with generic recolors is a bit wacky, but I don't really care that much. All the anime exclusive beys from plastic gen always bothered me anyway (also anime strike hawk gear chip design > manga strike hawk gear chip design).
(Sep. 07, 2023  2:05 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:

OFFICIAL ANIME TRAILER !!!!!
Is it just me or does the animation looks a bit off for Bird and Multi? Aside from choppy movements. Lighting seems a bit off compared to background for some scenes.

Edit: In comparison. Kurosu looks fine. I'm not sure.
Beyblade X Staff

General Director: Katsuhito Akiyama*

Director: Motoko Terada

Supervisors: Hikaru Muno, Posuka Demizu

Character Design: Yoshihiro Nagamori*

Series Composition: Hyodo Ippo

Animation: OLM*

*: Previously on Beyblade Burst

Like we can see, Yoshihiro Nagamori is back as character design !!! Last time was during Metal Fight !!! (he was on Burst project but only as key animator).
I really like the fact that the battles are similar to burst but have their own flare. Hopefully we get cool resonance effects as well.
According to the official Beyblade Twitter/X account, Kamen X is the main protagonist.
(Sep. 07, 2023  4:34 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: Beyblade X Staff

General Director: Katsuhito Akiyama*

Director: Motoko Terada

Supervisors: Hikaru Muno, Posuka Demizu

Character Design: Yoshihiro Nagamori*

Series Composition: Hyodo Ippo

Animation: OLM*

*: Previously on Beyblade Burst

Like we can see, Yoshihiro Nagamori is back as character design !!! Last time was during Metal Fight !!! (he was on Burst project but only as key animator).

I'm lowkey worried. Akiyama is a phenomenal director but i'm not sure who else we have. I genuinely hope things work out.
(Sep. 07, 2023  6:28 AM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: According to the official Beyblade Twitter/X account, Kamen X is the main protagonist.

The official manga description/corocoro still says bird is the main protagonist and doesn't mention ekusu at all (oh yeah his real name english spelling is out it's Ekusu Kurosu) so my current verdict is...

It's confusing and I'm not going to bother arguing anymore and I will continue to believe bird is the singular protagonist have a nice day