Beyblade Wiki merge: Articles that can be copy-pasted directly on the Beyblade Wiki

That is exactly why that "provisional" disclaimer at the top is super important hah. But I used that article as an example just for the structure, obviously hah.
Obviously! Smile
(Oct. 11, 2015  3:32 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2015  1:53 PM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: Created articles today-

vikrambeyblade, as much as I really appreciate your eagerness to help, unfortunately I have to ask you to stop transfering articles and creating full-Beyblade articles. You can clearly see that the SG Flat article is messed up because you did not copy the actual source code for the page on Beywiki, so the list of contents is screwed up, which means we will have to go over this page and fix it ourselves. Your previous added articles also required us to do double-work because they had to be checked and deleted. You apparently do not look over your articles after you create them ...

Your part-specific pages actually seem OK, but you do not understand the mechanics of content import that we are trying to do for all the full-Beyblade articles - you just copied and pasted the descriptions of the parts straight into the Beyblade articles.

We have to make sure that we are not working over anybody's work, in order not to waste time.

A slight backtrack is needed : as ~Mana~ mentioned and thoroughly explained in his post above, it is true that part description imports are required now more than ever. Since we are transfering articles, we may as well searchh through all different part descriptions and only transfer the best one over to the Beyblade Wiki.

My initial plan was for full Beyblade articles to be transfered and then, when everything was on Beyblade Wiki, we could start dissecting all the Beyblade articles and transforming them into all parts imports. However, since there are apparently a lot of technicalities that are causing issues and headaches in doing simple copy-pastes anyway due to a different BeyBox being used for general information, let us change this course of action.

Please find the best part description for a part and simple transfer that content into a part-specific article.

This process involves just a few simple steps :
- Copy the best of the part's descriptions' source code;
- Create a page similar to the Layer - Deathscyther article and keep the same naming scheme : globalpartcategory - partname
- Make sure to always look and edit pages in the source code mode;
- Post about the completed part(s) here and someone else can work on putting the full-Beyblade article together.

Now, since the part imports and BeyBox things are confusing to most and require technical comprehension, I will focus on certain people and go through the process of creating full-Beyblade articles with those people specifically, but it is not something I have the time to teach to everybody at the moment.

All in all : This is not a simple copy-paste job anymore. It requires just a few more steps.
Sorry Kai-V I will improve now. And this my revised article from beywiki and beyblade wiki.
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Dark-Knight_Dragoon
Hope that this article would be nice.
And please add images to it. I cant upload it in it.
(Oct. 12, 2015  11:24 AM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: Sorry Kai-V I will improve now. And this my revised article from beywiki and beyblade wiki.
http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Dark-Knight_Dragoon
Hope that this article would be nice.
And please add images to it. I cant upload it in it.

Unfortunately it is not satisfactory at all either ... Does the content box on Beywiki really look the same to you as the one from your article ? http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...n_LW160BSF
No, the titles in your copy are all at the same level, even though most of them are supposed to be sub-titles. Also, nobody anywhere wrote it as "Dark-Knight Dragooon" : the real spelling is Dark Knight Dragooon. Therefore, I have to delete your article as well ...
Also worth nothing that we also already have a Dark Knight Dragooon article as well, so creating an entirely new article for it wasn't exactly right to do either.

Vikram; don't get me wrong, I love your enthusiasm to help out; it's great to see and it's encouraging as well, but I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from making and transitional edits until you can prove to us that you fully understand how to deal with these changes. It's not as simple as you seem to believe it is, nor is it for many others, and I'm sure we all want to ensure this transition goes as smoothly as possible.

I'd advise reading up in the Help namespace on Wikicode and the transition process; there are plenty of guides around that should help you learn how we expect things to be done, and the standard to be followed.
Alrighty, once the weekend hits, I should be getting a couple letters up. School has been dragging me down in terms of the merging process.
Yes me too, I just finished my exam and now next week I do not even have any course, so woo. I should be able to get fully started and help you guys hopefully clear up most of this. Or, if I see that each person is making no mistake and that things are going well, I might just head over to the articles that need to be merged and take care of that hah.
Likewise for me. I've had a lot of university stuff going on this week, but I'll be helping out on Saturday as I'm done with my submission now.
So, *Ginga* and I should be starting the creation of full-Beyblade articles filled with import codes now.

That means that whoever wants to help by creating single-part articles similar to the Layer - Valkyrie for all of the parts in the articles categorised in this topic will be super welcome meanwhile hah !
Alright, I got up from Z to V today in formatting articles to be import-friendly. This is really a lot more harduous than I thought, so we will need all the help we can get for the other tasks like creating the part-specific articles !

By the way, I left the Valkyrie and Wing descriptions in the Valkyrie Wing Accel article because the single articles about those parts did not exist yet and the descriptions were definitely OK to be copied and pasted instead of taking Beywiki's versions.

So, this is what I was able to do :

- Valkyrie Wing Accel
- VariAres D:D
- Virgo DF145BS
- Voltaic Ape
- Vulcan Horuseus 145D
- Wolborg
- Wolborg 2
- Wolborg 03 (Uriel)
- Wolborg MS
- Wyvern DJ
- Wind Aquario 100HF/S
Hey guys! As Kai-V said before, we really need those individual part articles done so that way the main beyblade articles can make the most sense as possible, without any missing information. If you would like to do this, but have questions, PM Kai-V and myself and we will be glad to answer them. Smile

Thank you all in advance for your hard work!
Did the circle balance and metal semi-flat core articles. Going to wait on Kai-v or someone of the likes to approve those two before I start to really go hard haha
Both seem great, and even though I do not understand the coding used for the imports in the Advance Averazer article, it totally works, so everything is awesome hah. Thank you for that, and hopefully it was easy enough that it motivates you to do more hahah.
(Oct. 20, 2015  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Both seem great, and even though I do not understand the coding used for the imports in the Advance Averazer article, it totally works, so everything is awesome hah. Thank you for that, and hopefully it was easy enough that it motivates you to do more hahah.

Yeah haha, the first time was a little bit of a stretch, but I think I should be okay from now on. I'll try to get either a huge chunk of HMS or plastics done by tomorrow night
Nice, as long as a good list is kept updated of what is done, anything will be OK and help a lot. Thank you !
(Oct. 20, 2015  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Both seem great, and even though I do not understand the coding used for the imports in the Advance Averazer article, it totally works, so everything is awesome hah. Thank you for that, and hopefully it was easy enough that it motivates you to do more hahah.

Anything that specifically confuses you?
Just that for the other imports, I had to use the : at the beginning of the code to make it work, but all should be good hah.
Ah, I thought I'd mentioned it already: I condensed the coding to avoid repetition within each section, using a template to contain them. So basically, this:
Code:
==Part Type: Part Name==
{{Main|PART TYPE - PART NAME}}
{{:PART TYPE - PART NAME}}

Becomes this:
Code:
==Part Type: Part Name
{{Part|PART TYPE - PART NAME}}

It basically produces the same result, put uses less text and forces both to be the same (as should be the case).
Wow haha, I only got Dragoon G, Grip Attacker, and Dragoon MF done today. This is honestly a lot more tedious than I thought it would be ! I'll try and get more of the Dragoons done by tomorrow.

So I'm basically saying I'm going to reserve the Dragoons to myself for the transfer lol
Ah, I just got a notification for the Dragoon MF article, and I noticed that you missed the Overall section and the categories at the bottom. We are really going to keep the "Must-have Beyblades"/"Decent alternatives"/etc. categories, so everything needs to be transfered to the Beyblade Wiki even if it seems useless.

However, we definitely appreciate your continued help !
It may be best to leave out those categories until the DJ recommendation template has been set up. That way, we can have the template automatically apply the category when it is used.

Unless of course, you'd rather the categories be put on now and replaced when the template begins being implemented?
The categories and the part banners are completely separate : a Beyblade could have mostly horrible parts but one great part that is really worth buying multiples of, so overall the Beyblade would be a "Must-have Beyblade" especially if that is the only way of acquiring that great part, but it would have up to three or four Bad banners. I think it would be better to keep them separate.
Ah, fair enough. I had thought they were related to each other, sorry! Unhappy
(Oct. 22, 2015  1:06 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Ah, I just got a notification for the Dragoon MF article, and I noticed that you missed the Overall section and the categories at the bottom. We are really going to keep the "Must-have Beyblades"/"Decent alternatives"/etc. categories, so everything needs to be transfered to the Beyblade Wiki even if it seems useless.

However, we definitely appreciate your continued help !

Thanks for the reminder! I'll get around to it when I go back and start fixing the layouts of those articles as well, since Mana had just reminded me about that.
Alright guys, so where are we at ? Have those of you who have worked on articles been following letters or just random series of Beyblades ? We should really keep an up-to-date list of the Beyblades that are done both in terms of parts and in terms of revised full-Beyblade article.

Make sure to carry over even the categories if you decide to help by transfering full-Beyblade articles. Even if so far one person has not understood the concept of the Must-buy/Decent alternatives/etc. categories at all and deleted them, this is a very good stragey and there are only benefits to having it on Beyblade Wiki as well.