Roanoke, VA
Tournament Results
Star City Anime (Holiday Inn Roanoke)
3315 Ordway Drive
  Meet in the Game Room.
12:00 PM on 03/25/2017
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

SATURDAY, MARCH 25
Star City Anime - Roanoke, VA
BURST FORMAT

10AM: Freeplay
11:30AM: Registration Opens
12PM - BEYBLADE: STAR CITY ASSAULT 2 Start

REGISTER NOW

The WBO returns to Star City Anime in 2017 with Beyblade: Star City Assault 2. Come by to try Beyblade Burst, the explosive new series! Learn all about the new generation of Beyblade, build different combinations, and compete against rival Bladers!

Entry: You need a Star City Anime Pass!
A Blader Passport is not required for this tournament, as the WBO does not charge entry fees for convention events. However, if you want to support the WBO so we can host even better tournaments with even better prizes in the future, and participate in the BeyPoints ranking System in future tournaments, then a Passport is recommended!

To participate in the tournament, you will need: a) a weekend pass or b) a day pass for Saturday at Star City Anime. Weekend Passes are available for purchase below.

PURCHASE TICKETS HERE

Note children from 7 to 12 can get a weekend badge for $10 off the price for adults.
Click here for more info about online registration.

What is Beyblade Burst?
[Image: gnJ23kG.png]
Beyblade Burst is the brand new, third generation of Beyblade by TAKARA-TOMY! It first launched in Japan in 2015 and was recently released in North America by Hasbro. If you are not familiar with Beyblade Burst, please take a look at the Beyblade Wiki article covering it, the Beyblade General Forum, and the Beyblade Burst Hasbro Topic for the most up to date information about Hasbro's release of the series internationally. 

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from this new series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for the duration of the event!

Side Notes
Please be aware of your belongings: We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time: If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

All questions about this tournament may be asked in this thread.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited as we are? If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!

[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade [Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#STARCITYANIME #WORLDBEYBLADE #BEYBLADE

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Mar. 12, 2017  2:52 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Can people save a bey so they can buy it? If so i will buy the Dragoon when i get to the tournament.

All Burst items are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. If you're interested in anything other than the Burst products in the first tab, though, PM me so I know to bring it.

Time to reveal prizes!

3rd place: Limited Edition Xcalibur Layer!

[Image: rZTFnpc.jpg]

2nd place: Platinum Ver. Valkyrie Layer + Foil Rotom Dex Trainer's card!

[Image: NpiCPeq.jpg]

1st place: WHF Exclusive Gold Dragon Ver. Lost Longinus .N.Sp!

[Image: 5v7Ei0Y.jpg]

Limited Edition Xcalibur Layers will also be given away as prizes for our raffles and side events; details on those to come! Feeling hyped yet?!
(Mar. 12, 2017  5:19 PM)Angry Face Wrote: All Burst items are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. If you're interested in anything other than the Burst products in the first tab, though, PM me so I know to bring it.

Time to reveal prizes!

3rd place: Limited Edition Xcalibur Layer!

[Image: rZTFnpc.jpg]

2nd place: Platinum Ver. Valkyrie Layer + Foil Rotom Dex Trainer's card!

[Image: NpiCPeq.jpg]

1st place: WHF Exclusive Gold Dragon Ver. Lost Longinus .N.Sp!

[Image: 5v7Ei0Y.jpg]

Limited Edition Xcalibur Layers will also be given away as prizes for our raffles and side events; details on those to come! Feeling hyped yet?!

Beyond hyped!!!! Also, quick question, should i bring my standard type black burst stadium? Or do you think we will be good on stadiums?
(Mar. 13, 2017  5:17 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Beyond hyped!!!! Also, quick question, should i bring my standard type black burst stadium? Or do you think we will be good on stadiums?

Yes! You're welcome to bring an extra stadium. I already have two, but I'm sure we could use one or two more.
(Mar. 13, 2017  5:36 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Yes! You're welcome to bring an extra stadium. I already have two, but I'm sure we could use one or two more.

What i was thinking. Planned on bringing it anyways just so i can warm up before i show up haha. But i dont mind for it to be used in the tournament. Ill mark it so we know which is mine! Glad i can help! I think my friend has one and if he does ill tell him to bring his too. Thatll put us at 4. So if everyone shows thats clicked join, we will have a swiss tournament right?
(Mar. 13, 2017  5:57 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: What i was thinking. Planned on bringing it anyways just so i can warm up before i show up haha. But i dont mind for it to be used in the tournament. Ill mark it so we know which is mine! Glad i can help! I think my friend has one and if he does ill tell him to bring his too. Thatll put us at 4. So if everyone shows thats clicked join, we will have a swiss tournament right?

Sounds good! And yes, with the current number of members signed up, we will likely be playing Swiss for the first stage.
(Mar. 13, 2017  10:43 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Sounds good! And yes, with the current number of members signed up, we will likely be playing Swiss for the first stage.

My friend is for sure bringing his stadium too. So AWESOME. Grin im so hyped.
Omg soooooooooooooo hyped can't stand it all Takar tomy beys ordered come in after tournament Unhappy but buying hasbro beys so ya wanting gold Longinus will there be deck rounds and Rounds
How long is the tournament lasting Smile and how can I buy the burst itemsWink
Event Schedule - Beyblade: Star City Assault 2017
  • 9:00-11:45AM
    - Freeplay + Tournament Registration Open
  • 11:45
    - Registration Close
  • 12:00
    - Tournament Start
  • 3:30PM
    - Limited Xcalibur Raffle 1 (Open)
  • 4:00PM
    - Club Deck Format Side Event 1
    - Limited Xcalibur Raffle 2 (Open)
  • 5:00PM
    - Club Deck Format Side Event 2
    - Mystery Raffle?! (Passport Holders only)

Raffle and club format event times are tentative, depending on when the main tournament concludes. Registration will definitely close before noon, though, so if you are running late, please notify me by PM so you won't be left out of the brackets!

Raffle winners will also need to be present to claim their prizes, or else new winners will be drawn.

(Mar. 16, 2017  1:27 AM)L-Drago 4 life Wrote: Omg soooooooooooooo hyped can't stand it all Takar tomy beys ordered come in after tournament Unhappy but buying hasbro beys so ya wanting gold Longinus will there be deck rounds and Rounds

How long is the tournament lasting Smile and how can I buy the burst itemsWink

The main tournament will consist of the regular first stage, with deck format finals following. It should be done between 3:00-3:30 at the latest.

To purchase Burst items, just find me before the tournament begins so I'll have a moment of spare time to help you out.
  • Thanks so much angry face de you next week  here's one of my combos :) $$$$$$$$ death syther oval fusion ;) :S
Want to know how many beys are needed (Smile I have seven what day does the tournament start and where can I get a map to the tournament 2 defense types 2 attack types 2 balance types and 1stamina type Wink ps: Angry face this time awnser this time not just a like
(Mar. 17, 2017  6:30 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Event Schedule - Beyblade: Star City Assault 2017
  • 9:00-11:45AM
    - Freeplay + Tournament Registration Open
  • 11:45
    - Registration Close
  • 12:00
    - Tournament Start
  • 3:30PM
    - Limited Xcalibur Raffle 1 (Open)
  • 4:00PM
    - Club Deck Format Side Event 1
    - Limited Xcalibur Raffle 2 (Open)
  • 5:00PM
    - Club Deck Format Side Event 2
    - Mystery Raffle?! (Passport Holders only)

Raffle and club format event times are tentative, depending on when the main tournament concludes. Registration will definitely close before noon, though, so if you are running late, please notify me by PM so you won't be left out of the brackets!

Raffle winners will also need to be present to claim their prizes, or else new winners will be drawn.

The main tournament will consist of the regular first stage, with deck format finals following. It should be done between 3:00-3:30 at the latest.

To purchase Burst items, just find me before the tournament begins so I'll have a moment of spare time to help you out.

(Mar. 18, 2017  8:02 PM)L-Drago 4 life Wrote: Want to know how many beys are needed (Smile I have seven  what day does the tournament start and where can I get a map to the tournament 2 defense types 2 attack types 2 balance types and 1stamina type Wink ps: Angry face this time awnser this time not just a like

Thank you so much mstubbs88 I'll be sure to be there got it how many beys do you have?
(Mar. 18, 2017  10:44 PM)L-Drago 4 life Wrote: Thank you so much mstubbs88 I'll be sure to be there got it how many beys do you have?

No problem. Thats not really related to the thread. I have 24 burst beys. Mostly hasbro. Way more MFB and around the same amount of plastic gen as i have burst. Next time just remember to PM questions like that to who youre asking. Helps keep less vlutter in the thread.

And for the relevant part of this post.
Angry face, are you allowing Hasbro Beys that have the QR chip removed? maybe allow them but you or another judge must inspect to make sure it was correctly put back together like kai-V was talking about?
(Mar. 19, 2017  12:22 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Angry face, are you allowing Hasbro Beys that have the QR chip removed? maybe allow them but you or another judge must inspect to make sure it was correctly put back together like kai-V was talking about?

That modification is fine, but all beys will be inspected before the beginning of every match anyway. If you want, I'll look over your Layers before the tournament so you can be sure, though.
(Mar. 19, 2017  12:45 AM)Angry Face Wrote: That modification is fine, but all beys will be inspected before the beginning of every match anyway. If you want, I'll look over your Layers before the tournament so you can be sure, though.

I dont question my ability haha. I just figured youd feel better about it.
Anyone have the red beylauncher thats coming?
Saddly no red beylauncher yet really want it though I only have 7 beys in all which are wyron,2 raktavor,sprizzin,doomsizer,valtreyex, and krebeus in all how much would my 35 year old dad and 9 year old me?
(Mar. 22, 2017  1:59 AM)L-Drago 4 life Wrote: Saddly no red beylauncher yet really want it though I only have 7 beys in all which are wyron,2 raktavor,sprizzin,doomsizer,valtreyex, and krebeus in all how much  would my 35 year old dad and 9 year old me?

If you are coming only for Saturday, two passes would cost a total of $50. If you are purchasing two weekend passes, then the total would now be $70.

You can also see all the details on Star City Anime's registration page by clicking the "REGISTER NOW" link in this event's description.
Thank you very much how old are you angryface? Smile
(Mar. 23, 2017  1:52 AM)L-Drago 4 life Wrote: Thank you very much how old are you angryface? :)

I'm 18, but personal questions like this should be asked over private message. Let's please keep discussion here related to Beyblade: Star City Assault 2017. :)
(Mar. 24, 2017  11:55 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Anyone here yet?

R.I.P

Dude, the tournament is tomorrow. Tongue_out
(Mar. 25, 2017  3:58 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Dude, the tournament is tomorrow. Tongue_out

Well yea, but i was seeing if anyone was there. Just wanted to meet some other beyblade fans.
1st: The beardedimp
2nd: Angry Face
3rd: cosmicblaster
4th: Copper Spark

Details to come in the report. Thanks again to everyone who came out yesterday, and special thanks to my staff and the all the families from out of town who attended! We hope you'll be back our way again soon!

Next month's event thread will be posted soon, so keep an eye on the tournaments forum for the official date!
Spreadsheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...p=drivesdk
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...p=drivesdk