Beyblade Random Thoughts

Wow, I've been so out of it lately.
Since when was Gravity better than Vulcan for Attack ? T______T
Since vulcan is useless vs 230 or rubber defense, attack beys have to be either super heavy and well shaped (hell), or left spin capable. Left spin destabilises 230 (on a tall enough track) and rubber defense (and helps, overcome cs). Vulcan is struggling, and basalt won't do it any favours. Go back a few pages to where I was trying to find a reliable attack bey in the new metagame.

Also, everyone underestimated gravity. Especially with Perseus ATK from the reshuffle set. It's very versatile.
(Mar. 06, 2011  1:48 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Since vulcan is useless vs 230 or rubber defense, attack beys have to be either super heavy and well shaped (hell), or left spin capable. Left spin destabilises 230 (on a tall enough track) and rubber defense (and helps, overcome cs). Vulcan is struggling, and basalt won't do it any favours. Go back a few pages to where I was trying to find a reliable attack bey in the new metagame.

Also, everyone underestimated gravity. Especially with Perseus ATK from the reshuffle set. It's very versatile.

Hell Kerbecs Uncustomized Destablizes 230 Well.
Why would you use it uncustomised? But yes, I said Hell works fine, thanks to weight, distribution, and shape. Try reading posts properly before responding...
(Mar. 06, 2011  1:56 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Why would you use it uncustomised? But yes, I said Hell works fine, thanks to weight, distribution, and shape. Try reading posts properly before responding...

I replied to you said left spin destablizes well.
I just gave an example of a right spin bey.
Which I'd already said did well. I was just saying that left spin in general destabilises well, which is true. I said nothing about other beys not destabilising, and had all ready stated that hell could defeat 230.
No, I didn't state that hell destabilised 230, as I'd already been over hell and was just explaining why left spin works so well. Your post was unnecessary. Further posts arguing that it wasn't are also unnecessary.
You can't say anything arguing that you are wrong is unnecessary, unless you admit it.

In anycase, anything on 145 destabilises 230, not just Hell.

Not sure what the deal with everyone lately with Hell Kerbecs, how can people see it as both a defensive and offensive wheel?
(Mar. 06, 2011  3:07 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Not sure what the deal with everyone lately with Hell Kerbecs, how can people see it as both a defensive and offensive wheel?

how is it hard not to?

it is because it is the only wheel that can use boost disc in boost mode (hope thats the right mode) which allows it to be very good for defence as boost disk nullify almost all attack, i think
did you know quetzalcoatl performs better after a good clean? it seems to pulverize every thing once cleaned the slowly get less powerfull the more you use it Pinching_eyes_2 then you clean it again then the cycle carrys on.

it may be kinda random but Quetz is my fav bey and deserves a chance Joyful_2
(Mar. 06, 2011  3:14 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: it may be kinda random but Quetz is my fav bey and deserves a chance Joyful_2

Quetzalcoatl has been tested countless times, it's outclassed. We gave it a chance.
Sorry, momiji, I'm in a basalt mindset. And left spins/hell destabilise 230 far more effectively, in general.
Also, basalt on 230 isn't destabilised easily, it's too heavy, and smashes into other beys, destabilising/slowing them heavily.

I was only referring to what x1 said, when I said further argument would be unneccessary, as his original response, the point he was arguing was, well, pointless.

And yes, the protection of bd145 combined with the shape, weight, bumps and slopes of hell, mean it's protected from lower beys, and most beys at the same level (it's sides are pretty smooth, especially with bd145), it's also super heavy. The slopes on the hell wheel, and the bumps, combined with it (and bd145's weight), and the fact most of that weight is on the outer edge of the wheel, make it great for attack.

Also, hell kerbecs bd145wd is amazing for stamina, as ltsc's can't destabilise it (and get pushed into the stadium floor), and it destabilises taller beys. Anything at the same height can also be ko'd or outspun, given it's weight distribution.
i'll probably just have to buy it to find out.

Pretty disappointed with Meteo atm, MF-F/MF-H Meteo L drago (absorb and...red one) 85LRF outspin MF-H Earth Bull GB145RS/RSF pretty consistently, but i rarely see a KO.
1. Meteo has no smash.
2. on the topic of destabilizing 230's: Just use Flame 230 and your fine.
3. I think that all those people who shaved off the gold paint from the quetz probably murked it in performance?
4. Normal Mode>Boost Mode for defense. Boost Mode>Normal Mode for Stamina.
(Mar. 06, 2011  3:58 PM)Dan Wrote: 1. Meteo has no smash.
2. on the topic of destabilizing 230's: Just use Flame 230 and your fine.
3. I think that all those people who shaved off the gold paint from the quetz probably murked it in performance?
4. Normal Mode>Boost Mode for defense. Boost Mode>Normal Mode for Stamina.

it does absolutely have no smash, but ldrago II (absorb has some), but absorbs equalizing power makes up for that

it is funny how there are lots o noobs saying "yay libra is unbanned" when really libra does just a tiny bit better then earth and that they most likely think it is the libra clear wheel not pre-hws libra

edit: also it is weird how we say meteo instead of ldrago II but ldrago II does all the work
Meteo is actually quite a good wheel, especoally on metal flat, I'm currently looking at it as a viable attack type in this metagame. But yes, buy hell, and, if you haven't, basalt.

Dan, basalt is deadly on 230, as is hell, I'm told.
Also, boost mode is fine for defence, from what I've seen, is there testing to say otherwise? In normal mode, wheels can get between hell and bd145,.and hit hell or push bd145 into the floor, boost moode uses plastic to lower damage from low attackers, and helps fill gaps in hell.
(Mar. 06, 2011  3:21 PM)Chaos Blader Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2011  3:14 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: it may be kinda random but Quetz is my fav bey and deserves a chance Joyful_2

Quetzalcoatl has been tested countless times, it's outclassed. We gave it a chance.

ummm... i know i meant deserves a chance for a clean lol Joyful_2
Hmm, my slightly worn LDragoII seems to do a lot better vs mfh basalt aquario 230CS, in MFH Meteo LDragoII 145MF, than my fresh reshuffle version. Not hearing more "clinks" so, I'm guessing slightly worn rubber=more surface are of rubber in contact with basalt= it nudges it out of the stadium easier.
(Mar. 06, 2011  5:32 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Hmm, my slightly worn LDragoII seems to do a lot better vs mfh basalt aquario 230CS, in MFH Meteo LDragoII 145MF, than my fresh reshuffle version. Not hearing more "clinks" so, I'm guessing slightly worn rubber=more surface are of rubber in contact with basalt= it nudges it out of the stadium easier.

not exactly but close lets say when you get a new RF the rubber seems to be like plastic (solid), once its more worn its more soft, when its soft it has more friction on other surfaces, in other word a worn l drago II would equalize better than a newer one, due to more friction
Good point, actually. I suspect it's a combination of the two, though, as it's not really any softer to the touch (though my fingers aren't very sensitive, thanks to guitar playing)

Anyway, a slightly worn LDragoII is pretty much the difference in the success of MF-F Meteo LDragoII CH120MF, (the mode with dragon heads on top of the claws seems to be superior), though I'm using 145/d125 instead of ch120, as mine are still in the mail. That combo seems to do quite well against MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS, MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS (Boost Mode), and MF-F Earth (TT Mold 2) Bull 85WD. Not 100% , but probably a decent chance against each.

Though, it's having somewhat more difficulty with MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS. It does beat it sometimes, but I'd rather be the kerbecs user in a tournament situation.
(Mar. 06, 2011  5:48 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Good point, actually. I suspect it's a combination of the two, though, as it's not really any softer to the touch (though my fingers aren't very sensitive, thanks to guitar playing)

i loled at the guitar playing gestion, but i was happy to help Joyful_2
(Mar. 06, 2011  4:07 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Meteo is actually quite a good wheel, especoally on metal flat, I'm currently looking at it as a viable attack type in this metagame. But yes, buy hell, and, if you haven't, basalt.

Dan, basalt is deadly on 230, as is hell, I'm told.
Also, boost mode is fine for defence, from what I've seen, is there testing to say otherwise? In normal mode, wheels can get between hell and bd145,.and hit hell or push bd145 into the floor, boost moode uses plastic to lower damage from low attackers, and helps fill gaps in hell.

Hell has the same kind of structure Flame does. (Underside.)
If you have a tall CStip like, normal mode does fine. That gap helps deflect or spread the hit around which is why I think it is better. I'll post results in the BD145 thread to see which is better. I still think MLD is carp.
Yeah, but Hell sits even higher, I'd THINK it'd be be better than flame. Could be wrong, but I've only the 1 230.
Also, MFH Kell Kerbecs 230CS has it's own issues with attack beys that the Basalt Aquario version doesn't. Choosing which one to use is important, they all do differently against different combos. I'm sticking to basalt, as I'm using hell for stamina, though I've gotta tweak that, given it's recoil. Might use CS instead, when my new one comes. We shall see, going to Soundwave festival tomorrow, so yeah. Some time.

Welp, MLD seems to be killing basalt, so I'm happy with it.

What benefit does that offer over deflecting the attacks with plastic, though?
But yeah, test, if it comes out from your tests that Normal Mode is better, I'll test it myself to verify (not that I don't trust you, I respect you immensely, it's just that I'd be surprised, real surprised).

EDIT: Checked your results, WOW. That said, LLDrago should really be on CH120, or 85/90, 100 is probably the worst "conventional" track for it, ch120 brong the best in the current metagame.

Well, my tests came up different. Dunno why, I do have a strong launch, and my rf is on the fresh side of perfect, so maybe that's part of it.

Normal mode does seem to mess up mfh meteo ldrago d125mf, though I only did a couple of quick rounds.
i think that the 230 track would be better if the outer layer of it would be covered with rubber to make a lot of spin loss for the opposing beyblade.
I think the 230 would get chipped to all hell like my Ldrago's energy ring. (the dragon heads get hit by the other blades)
(Mar. 07, 2011  8:34 AM)NightWolf Wrote: I think the 230 would get chipped to all hell like my Ldrago's energy ring. (the dragon heads get hit by the other blades)

Not really. You probably have the LLD from the SVS.

I wish Beyblade battles would happen like in the show. Some stranger would throw a giant pot onto the ground, then you would engage in a epic battle. Instead I battle in a Iron Defense stadium at school. *sigh* Then again the tips would get messed up. Unless you use stuff like MB, MS, and MF. Who knows? Maybe if Beyblade gets super popular that could happen.