Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Sep. 19, 2019  4:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2019  6:08 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Advance Eterner seems to be loose, it’s kinda odd.

It shouldn't be, in my experience.

It’s quite weird.
[Image: B25R114.jpg]
[Image: HN0NKAC.jpg]
[Image: xMLJb6k.jpg]
[Image: gFf5fl3.jpg]
[Image: w3GhqOk.jpg]
[Image: R685mPT.jpg]
[Image: dAEacjP.jpg]

Hey guys! Just wanted to share with you my modded Xcalius X4! First of all i gave it a TT sword, then a level chip and last but not least a customized metal god chip coming from a spare Spryzen Requiem. Oh, and i put the stickers who came with Buster Xcalibur. The mgc (who lacks of the QR code, it came off during the mods i had to make on the mgc itself) is the one only part who had problems to fit in the layer (underneath the sword, at the "X" point), but i managed to work on it and now it's all good. Even the Buster mode gimmick is still there.
There are two combos in the pictures: one features the Accel performance tip, while the other has Octa. In both cases, the burst resistance is quite good and it's not influenced by the mods on the layer. It's got good slopes, just like Accel and Octa have good springs. The red Blitz disc is there for both weight and cool-looking factors.
This is a TANK, much better than any other Hasbro bey for sure (and i believe some recent TT releases too). I have to thank Zankye, for the inspiration he gave me in a Xcalius X4 mod video, and Goob, for the Octa idea on X4.
God, I should really look at testing threads and videos before I buy beys, huh.

I got Turbo Achilles A4 and now I'm just disappointed haha.
Any good attack bases for Valkyrie I’m just dissapointed about the union base having no metal and I thought it would be a good match with Valkyrie
I want to see pictures of a bey with a Lift frame and Yard driver.
(Sep. 21, 2019  7:37 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: I want to see pictures of a bey with a Lift frame and Yard driver.

[Image: 8gaZsPiiNNdXnoNXQ9C5BzAg0GtlvMz40XhoEf7U...P1suuK6TFI]
(Sep. 21, 2019  7:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2019  7:37 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: I want to see pictures of a bey with a Lift frame and Yard driver.

[Image: 8gaZsPiiNNdXnoNXQ9C5BzAg0GtlvMz40XhoEf7U...P1suuK6TFI]

Could you flip the frame over; maybe also include a side profile?
would dead phoenixes layer and revive phoenixes armor still be perfect phoenix?
(Oct. 04, 2019  4:50 AM)pika2442 Wrote: would dead phoenixes layer and revive phoenixes armor still be perfect phoenix?

No, it is known as Imperfect Phoenix
Was just thinking what I would like the next generation of beyblades to have. Can't quite decide solidly, guess I would post here and have people's inputs as well.

1. No stupid gimmicks on stadium. Although I found the zero-g stadium interesting at first, I didn't quite like it later. I personally like stadiums to be simple and plain. I'm not talking about the extra stadiums that hasbro and TT manufacture- like the star storm stadium by hasbro or the stadium for 3 people by TT.
And then I got this idea- why not have the classic 'no wall' beigoma stadium?
2. Beyblades not being/ eventually becoming large (seeing you, burst saga). I don't want them to not be any larger than MFB or dual layer burst beys at max. Also, I want the beys to have rotational symmetry (fine with a few exceptions) to not only please people with 'OCD', but to make them look simpler (arguable).
3. Having better anime. Don't get me wrong, burst has decent anime. But, I (maybe just me) feel that MFB saga had better anime (not about story, talking about quality in a wide perspective).
4. The new beys should be fairly equally powered. Although this would create randomness, this would make people use what they want to, with success. Also, I don't know how to go about this, but I would like the bey parts to depend on it's synergy with other parts.
5. Greater advertising.
6. Greater distribution of products and cheaper prices.
(Oct. 05, 2019  1:43 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Was just thinking what I would like the next generation of beyblades to have. Can't quite decide solidly, guess I would post here and have people's inputs as well.

1. No stupid gimmicks on stadium. Although I found the zero-g stadium interesting at first, I didn't quite like it later. I personally like stadiums to be simple and plain. I'm not talking about the extra stadiums that hasbro and TT manufacture- like the star storm stadium by hasbro or the stadium for 3 people by TT.
2. Beyblades not being/ eventually becoming large (seeing you, burst saga). I don't want them to not be any larger than MFB or dual layer burst beys at max. Also, I want the beys to have rotational symmetry (fine with a few exceptions) to not only please people with 'OCD', but to make them look simpler (arguable).
3. Having better anime. Don't get me wrong, burst has decent anime. But, I (maybe just me) feel that MFB saga had better anime (not about story, talking about quality in a wide perspective).
4. The new beys should be fairly equally powered. Although this would create randomness, this would make people use what they want to, with success. Also, I don't know how to go about this, but I would like the bey parts to depend on it's synergy with other parts.
5. Greater advertising.

What do you mean by "quality in a wide perspective"?
(Oct. 05, 2019  1:43 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Was just thinking what I would like the next generation of beyblades to have. Can't quite decide solidly, guess I would post here and have people's inputs as well.

5. Greater advertising.

Hooo boy, this comment triggered me so much. *cracks fingers, ready to type*

1. Gimmicks are part of the marketing toy strategy. This is a toy line (intended for children at least) so Takara Tomy will do whatever it takes to get sales even if they sell parts from unfair releases. They did it minimally with that black carp stadium with movable spikes as well as the motorized stadiums, but it was better than what I've seen were released by Hasbro (shaped like glorified wash basins/containers). Plain stadiums are usually intended for standardized tournament formats, gimmicky stadiums (like the one with Mugen Drivers are for special challenges. You know what would be best? Life-sized BeyStadiums (Attack Drivers looking pissed yo). No walls would mean higher chances of the parts flying out into your eye sockets especially with Attack vs Attack match-ups (why would they put clear barriers on the stadiums if child safety was not a concern?). If the new System/format would no longer have Burst, then walls and gimmicks are still probably going to be included in stadiums for safety and hyping-up of releases.

2. It being large is needed primarily because of the structure changing per Layer System. Making them small and out of plastic makes the structural integrity weak (worst offender is Victory Valkyrie) especially when they don't really fill in the gaps of the Layers underneath due to molding and production costs. I'd ask you then: how can you standardize for example GT Weights/Chips into such extent that the Layers are still as small as Dual Layers without making it too brittle for hard hits especially on Attack combos? Answer: not impossible to make but quite costly for R&D and materials; highly improbable and inconvenient on the part of the production team

Another statement I didn't understand here is "rotational symmetry". Did you mean like having symmetrical designs/contact points? That would make everything about Burst or any Beyblade release boring. Sure, the gimmicks are mostly carp, but variety in design even the asymmetrical ones make it all the more exciting and fun. Even Gundam kits or other toy lines would have some asymmetrically designed releases to diversify one's collection

3. Sorry, but what the actual f-? "better anime?" "quality in a wide perspective?" I'm probably being biased since I only watched the older Plastic Generation then skipped over to this Burst generation and was mesmerized by the realistic spinning animation, but the main reason I skipped the MFB releases is precisely because of the almost full-metal designs that had stagnant meta of stamina/defense types kissing for 10+ minutes. But the point is, Burst actually touched on the realism aspect of the game/toy. Sure, Bursts on some Beys are ridiculously imaginary (like they should Burst in one hit but the show makes them have perfect Defense etc) or that the movement of several stock Beys do not reflect how the products move in reality, yet the battle scenarios made more sense than how Plastic generation and succeeding Beyblade generations showcased the "gimmicks" of the products in rough terrain. Unless you enjoy launching your poor Beyblades onto hard and rough concrete, muddy and dirty soil, sand, etc. (like how I also did when Takao and others launched theirs onto everything except a BeyStadium), then the Beyblade Burst anime actually provides better and brighter quality of animation unlike the predecessors. If the newer Beyblade generations would be able to retain that (unlike the generic CGI of most Beys in MFB and hand-drawn Beys in the Plastic Gen), I might still pick it up.

4. Fairly equally powered? That's like seeing knockoff versions of the same exact Bey design in a set that has a tiny stadium that looks like a dog's pet dish along with carp launchers: they suck and provide little to entertainment and hype, especially when you have already experienced the real deal. Making designs and getting the "right" materials per product is not a joke or a simple task, so Takara Tomy would be in deep carpload of debt and bankruptcy if they just continue to "balance" the abilities of the Beys due to weaker sales and marketability. Part synergy is a thing, but reality of physics and such are hard to simply translate into a generic pattern/design (in Burst we got wide Frames having synergy with Bearing or some Disks' weight points align with certain number of clicks, for example). 

5. That's precisely why they introduce more gimmicks into the Beyblades nowadays especially through their CoroCoro and Takara Tomy Youtube channels, since most youngsters are exposed to the Internet. They also show these on their local TV networks (probably), but main reason they don't overseas is due to cost-cutting and of course, risk-aversion. No Japanese company (based on what I learned from Japanese Studies in college) would have a risky attitude especially when their business is already constantly generating revenue. 

6. Greater/wider distribution channels? This is related to #5. Just as how Bandai/Kotobukiya/and other related Japanese products are not being distributed internationally, Beyblades didn't really take off too great (at least under Takara Tomy) due to said cost concerns. You may think simply "heck, they'll get more money if they open their distributions to the West, why the hell are they hesitating?" Answer is probably because the Japanese want information and technology to be centered to their homeland, along with many other things like revenue (it's a cultural thing). Sure, they are slowly expanding their horizon to the West (for example Bandai now prints their boxes and manuals with English subtexts for the foreigners to understand what some of the instructions meant), but they're still holding on to their norms. Japan really doesn't need the international revenue for toys as much as they need it for anime shows or manga, but it shows that they are finally opening up to the world after many years of acquiring and self-improving of learned foreign business concepts and profitability. 

Cheaper prices? Go Hasbro then. Cheaper than Takara Tomy for the subpar quality they offer. Even knockoffs have metal on their Chouzetsu copies, what the hell (but I discourage you not to buy fakes because lead content and copyright stuff). You want cheaper prices for the same quality of Takara Tomy? Then revert to Single and Dual Layers then. For a new generation of Beys different from Burst System, if it would have lesser parts like the Single Layer era, then undoubtedly the prices will be cheaper, but not dirt-cheap. This part is simply just stating things on the consumer perspective and neglects to acknowledge from the business side. 

I would like to say though that they could've produced more affordable replacement parts especially for launchers (like Tamiya did with their mini 4WD releases even until today since the 60s) so you don't have to break the bank every time you try testing new combos whenever a new release comes out. It won't necessarily decrease profit since it would provide more revenue spread on different products within the same Beyblade Burst line as more people (mostly adults who have the money to spend) would be inclined to play and use the products more without fear of no longer being able to repair or replace just a part of their setup.

This is not a need, just a want. This is a hobby/toy/pastime, not something you'd be dying from when not acquired/purchased. If you have no budget, then shut it (or cry silently) and start saving up instead of whining about not having money to buy the expensive stuff and blaming the toy companies for not producing what you personally want. This is like the same exact argument/complaint in every single hobby I've encountered so far. 

I'm sorry if this response may come off as offensive/argumentative/violent/aggressive. Just need people to also consider the culture of the nation that produced what they are playing with right now. I even doubt they'd be able to revert back to not having Bursts happen to Beyblades, since that would be like just going back to the simple stuff that Plastic and MFB had (flying like debris or kissing til death do them part into the stadium): no more thrill or thinking, just majorly luck.
(Oct. 06, 2019  2:08 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

1. I wasn't even talking about gimmicks in beys. I didn't want stupid hasbro-like or zero-g-like stadiums to be the standard. The no wall suggestion was not serious and besides I didn't say no to the barriers that prevent flying beys, I was talking about the walls that sometimes cause lucky wall saves.

2. Where did the part "out of plastic" even come from? I don't see GT being the most popular season of even burst. It's layer design isn't really the best idea beyblades have ever had. No need to expect every bey from now on to have GT-like layer designing. They could very well have MFB-like 2 layer system. And since when did the beys of first 3 season of MFB be boring? They were symmetrical... Symmetry causing bore is a pretty inaccurate claim.

3. MFB had so much more drama (don't even dare confuse this with it being fictional). The avatars had different actions (animations) almost every time they were summoned. The bladers too weren't really having the same actions every time. You half- contradicted your own point of 'realism'. There is very little improvement of realism in burst and I had it as one of the aspects that the next saga should improve on, in the back of my head. I was, by no my means, saying that MFB was better than burst in every aspect, so, check what I said bro. Half your rebuttal was not even about my point lol.

4. What makes you think TT will be in a loss just because they didn't make a few beys here and there overpowered? I don't want beys of different seasons to be of same power. Don't you think it's ridiculous how spriggan requiem's performance is in the level of early cho-z while, god valkyrie is in the level of V2? You think if TT produced parts so that it can produce a burst classic-like meta, it will be in debt (like, it's almost impossible for anyone to list all the beys that can be used in the format with success)? The only arguably overpowered thing there is V2 and rubber dash drivers, which says quite a lot. The beys are by no means, knockoffs of each other as well. However, in retrospect of my comment, it is stupid for me to expect all beys to have similar power. (How many layers, disks and drivers were released in 1st and 2nd seasons of burst together?) You would be surprised how much part synergy will be there if TT tried.

5 and 6. That's what I wanted, not demanded. The thing is, TT products end up getting costly even though their starting prices are much lower (due to shipping costs). Hasbro costs more than 12$ for their glorified dual layers (turbo). It isn't your mere everyday hasbro-style cost-cutting. It literally makes them a new thing of their own. Not denying the fact that this is just a pastime, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to make it more accessible. Creating a larger fanbase is more important than making more money for the time period. If so many new fans come that, they end up getting the same net profit or even more, that is a sure shot win-win. And, for god's sake, forget about targeting the arguer more than even the argument. Saying 'shut it', 'stop whining' isn't really going to convince the person. It isn't like I can't sell my property in the future to buy beyblades, but it is a matter of spending lesser money if you can help it while also trying having fun (and this isn't an attempt to be 'cheap' or anything, so, don't put that in the next rebuttal). Japan isn't the only company manufacturing beys, ya know. Hasbro exists and could maybe even pull off a spectacular comeback into beyblades and succeed in sending them worldwide with existing contacts from their previous product lines like nerf. It is an arguably more popular brand than takara tomy considering as a whole, and not only the beyblade section, and them advertising it like back in the MFB days, could revive beyblade to it's peak.

I get it, you love MFB and you also have more access to Hasbro line than TT (whereas I live in a place it has more access to TT over non-existent Hasbro)

All in all, each point you are referring to what you would want to have for the next generaton of Beyblades, that is clear enough on your topic.

1. Main reason why there didn't exist any walls in the original beigoma toys is due to the design not having any spikes. They are all circular and smooth so they tend not to actually fly out when they bump to each other (unless the other player mislaunched and knocked off the opponent prior to a "battle"). Lucky wall saves are also part of strategy for something sophisticated like Beyblades. Regardless if the upcoming generation would no longer "Burst", unless they have a perfect circular and smooth shapes, you can never tell if they would jut out of the stadium upon Bey-to-Bey impact. At least on this point we agree that they have simple/plain Stadium design (preferably TT's cuz Hasbro seems to market only on how the appearance looks over usability and replayability) to contain the battles.

2. Where did the part "out of plastic" even come from? - That was pointed out precisely because you cannot simply make FOR EXAMPLE a Beyblade Burst gimmick work unless you have enough area to put the parts in. Let me simplify my question on this point then: How can you propose to keep the similar gimmicks FOR EXAMPLE the God Layer System and shrink it into the same size as MFB and Dual Layers? If you really wanted the new generation to be as small and similar as MFB, you might as well go back to it if you can't really try to appreciate new stuff.

Also, you have not defined what you meant by "rotational symmetry" in your rebuttal. Symmetrical Beys do tend to have more stamina and defensive capabilities; again, symmetry shouldn't be an issue unless you're a customer with OCD or something. You don't like it, then don't buy it. Simple. 

Maybe you don't see the suggestion to keep every release symmetrical as a boring thing precisely because you have been too blinded with how "good" MFB is that you fail to see that they are quite different in play and action. You sound like an old person berating younger generations for playing mobile games on their phones instead of playing outside like a "normal teenager".

3. I don't see how I self-contradicted myself on this point, because I did consider that there are still elements of the anime that didn't reflect product performance in reality, especially the "movesets/finishers". MFB still dwelt in the fantasy aspect that the Plastic Gen and its successors have maintained, whereas Burst simply used avatars as representation of the "fighting spirit" that each Blader had. If you look closely, people in Burst never saw "Valkyrie" or "Longinus" duke it out in the Stadium as the monsters/Bit Beasts that wreaked havoc, they were just imagery representations the anime used to Burst viewers to enrich the battle experience. I think what you want to happen is that they revert back to the over-the-top fight scenes of the old Beyblade days, where there are literally spirits of beasts/monsters dwelling within the Beys and are ready to emerge everytime a Blader wants a power-up

4. What makes you think TT will be in a loss just because they didn't make a few beys here and there overpowered? - I didn't say that. What I said was that TT would (note on the possibility, not sureness) lose revenue if all the new Beys were simply and essentially the same in performance. Heck, they couldn't even make the rock-paper-scissors scheme for the attack-stamina-defense work black-and-white precisely because it is customizable. I'd rather say TT likes it more when their customers discover that some releases are OP since that prompts competitive players to pour out their money on such to keep their decks in top shape.

Going back on what you said: "The new beys should be fairly equally powered." - the paragraph above is my main rebuttal/point of it. Part synergy covers again not just design but also physics in relation to the rest of the parts (that I don't think needs to be rebutted); TT doesn't necessarily revert to the meta combos precisely because they market the whole series as customizable items so they end up showcasing some carp combos or releasing bad stock ones.

5 and 6. Beyblades originated in Japan, so it is unfair to compare them over Hasbro's carp releases (hello no-metal Chouzetsu and no rubber Geist) just because you (along with many of us Bladers) think they price their products unfairly and expensively. I'm not going to delve further into this since it is a money/business/cultural matter, but just note the fact that TT will and always be far better in quality (despite their mold variance and other negative things) than what you would claim Hasbro can do (comeback or whatnot). 

Rouzuke out.
Do you think that a worn anchor might have some defensive properties?

Like a more aggressive and wider unite.
(Oct. 07, 2019  11:36 AM)MWF Wrote: Do you think that a worn anchor might have some defensive properties?

Like a more aggressive and wider unite.

I'll see with my hasbro anchor when it gets worn.
Sorry if this is way too random but does anybody has that picture of Spriggan Requiem that has a fidged spinner as a part?
(Oct. 07, 2019  1:28 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

I'm so tired now. Gotta rest before I come back to this.
(Oct. 08, 2019  1:58 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Long Post

Man, it sounds like you have too much nostalgia goggles on MFB.

Burst anime: "I win because I launched my opposite spin bey weaker than you, allowing me to equalize the spin without risking getting a click"

MFB anime: "I win because my beyspirit is stronger than yours! Now watch as I break multiple stone pillars with my bey!"

Burst had way more realism compared to the MFB anime. The "avatars" in MFB had more animation? That's because they don't have any way to make the battles look interesting, so they had to show us fighting cartoon dragons instead. I prefer to see the battles in burst.
Was anyone else bidding on a lot on ebay that had apollon g parts and other beys? The bid ended about 2hrs ago
Yeah, I wanted the bound Defenser core. Didn’t think it would go for that much
(Oct. 10, 2019  2:34 AM)4DFury Wrote: Yeah, I wanted the bound Defenser core. Didn’t think it would go for that much

What was your final bid? Lol
(Oct. 10, 2019  3:19 AM)Decaf Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2019  2:34 AM)4DFury Wrote: Yeah, I wanted the bound Defenser core. Didn’t think it would go for that much

What was your final bid? Lol

I think it was 49? When I got outbid I just clicked whatever the highest present bid was.
(Oct. 10, 2019  3:29 AM)4DFury Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2019  3:19 AM)Decaf Wrote: What was your final bid? Lol

I think it was 49? When I got outbid I just clicked whatever the highest present bid was.

I'm the one that won the bid at 50 lol is there anything you need from it. I mainly got it for apollon g
(Oct. 10, 2019  3:34 AM)Decaf Wrote: I'm the one that won the bid at 50 lol is there anything you need from it. I mainly got it for apollon g

Legit only wanted the bound Defenser plastic ring, the one I have is destroyed. Was also bidding for the apollon g base because it had more stickers then the one I have up on eBay