Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jul. 06, 2019  2:32 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: yea I don't who did this on the wiki cause he/she completely misunderstood the whole immortal thing and took it serious.  fun fact I see some people says that yes his immortal cause he has a Phoenix bey lol. yeah i saw that top 5 thing I was like that's not how it works in fact cho z scrap that.  it was just bladers fighting other without putting ranks on the line. they even put a big 5 for cho z like if it's official lol.
I mean I’m pretty sure someone tried to tell me that the wiki is full of factual information but it’s mostly all assumptions in the anime, barely any of it is truly factual. Like Phi being immortal is more based on assumptions that people should take the immortal thing seriously when it shouldn’t be— same with like Suoh being possessed until someone changed it or how Aiga was humble (and we all know Aiga was in no way humble as that isn’t his character.)

Lmao like I honestly was laughing/wheezing so hard when I saw that page of the Big 5 as if they were an actual team, like excuse me what? Free didn’t even know Joshua was part of the Top Five in ranking in the anime until they were both in the same club and he vaguely remembered him. And like Lui doesn’t gain Free’s title just cause he beat Free once? Like that has to do with official matches by the wbba, but apparently someone is giving out titles Willy nilly to characters. Like Phi? In the top five? When was this confirmed?

Like people are trying to change it a lot now since I complained about it somewhere else and the misinformation has been there for like two to three years now— there is hardly any references to confirm the information so I wouldn’t trust whatever I see on there other than beyparts only. Any manga/anime for burst at least is like an au or something lmao
Lol yea they just change the big 5 without any confirmation that it is change sure he beat shu and free but that's no ranking battle it's just a non officially battle which ironically the anime stated itself . Yea the first match between lui and free wasn't official don't no were they get lui was #1 after that in fact the only reason some people mew about it was cause of that snitch called trad who record it lol if lui was #1 it would've been mentioned during the fid bladers cup free was the one referred as #1 . The way the described the big 5 is stupid like it's a team saying that #1 is the leader while #2 is second in command like really since they were a team . And as for suoh yea like you said don't know we're the think he got possessed I guess when he created salamander and that s appear on his face made people think he got possessed although later on it was just suoh having another side of himself like a split personality. The discription for characters and ranks is a mess . Good thing we watch the anime and read manga cause the wiki for the characters will give you a bad idea moat of the time. Hope they stop that in just put correctly.
The wiki is all based on assumptions at this point and it's best to just find the information yourself, I definitely agree with that. Most of what's on the wiki is never confirmed in any media and are more based on personal perspective, so there's a lot of flaws to the logic on it. It's why I prefer not to use the wiki as a source for anything beyburst related cause more than half of the stuff isn't true-- or even mistranslated.

For example, Drum's surname Koryu-- while the Romaji name is the Yellow Dragon from Chinese astrology, the characters for his name are not the same as they're in Kanji. They literally mean 'rainbow dragon' and so someone had corrected it in the trivia before turning it back to that. Another translation problem is the fact that Fubuki's surname does not contain the character for crimson-- while the characters do look similar Sumie just means 'ink inlet/bay' with ink being referred to the color 'black'. And the list goes on from there as to where they get the name meanings and such.

Yeah, Suoh is most likely confirmed as a split personality character with his other side just showing his more true self. Even with the mark, he's still him-- just more open about his pride and arrogance. I kind of found it funny that people thought that he was possessed or something considering we had a whole backstory as to why he sought to make Salamander and that was to be better than Fubuki. The guy's been mad that Fubuki had gotten stronger and even thought that Fubuki will always be beneath him-- Suoh's pretty much a jerk tbh, so I guess the whole possession thing was to perhaps make him less of a jerk? Idk, I view it the same way as Shu considering that Shu's more a desperate character and that's what the whole Spriggan thing was...

From recent activities that I've seen in the wiki, they've been trying to update the Top Five and to me it sounds more and more like an au of sorts. It's a bit funny that they even consider a Top Five to have a command when it really doesn't-- nor does it really have 'members'. Top Five literally just means that they're in the top five spots in rankings-- that doesn't change whenever someone loses or wins. It's more based on their beyblade career. Like Aiga doesn't have enough in his beyblade record (official matches) to be considered in the Top Five (and idk why he has that title in the wiki or the No.1 Blader as well)-- if anything Aiga's title should mostly just stick to 'Longinus Cup Champion', 'Beycruise Champion', and 'World Champion' -- idk why he'd be in the Chou-Z Four...

And tbh... I doubt they'll ever fix it and put correct information on there. I got chastise for even talking bad about the wiki considering that a lot of people make fun of the anime/manga portion of it (and this is only because I talked about the specific issues of it). There's so many things wrong with it that I just... kind of gave up on that mess of a place. They're still adding misinformation or lack of information on there-- so I've just... started calling it the fanfiction called "Beyburst Wiki" lol
(Jul. 02, 2019  4:22 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I don't know if this is a topic to put in its own thread, so I won't take my chances unless enough people are interested. When testing combos, I've seen several people use their favorite combos against any random combo they can think of. When you're testing combos, you should put it up against 3 kinds of combos: a type of combo it's supposed to counter, a combo that you think counters your combo, and a popular combo. As an example for the optimal method of testing, if I wanted to test Cho-Z Achilles 00 Proof Destroy, I'd test it against Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+ (what it's supposed to counter), Orb Egis 0 Star Keep (what counters my combo), and Hell Salamander 0 Glaive Atomic/Xtend+ (popular combo). Of course, I don't have all those parts myself, but I can improvise.

I actually thought oE 0S Keep was a trash combo. But since it counters Cho-Z Achilles 00 Proof Destroy', I'm surprised! I thought a combo like oE 00W Br or something. Also my friend thinks Quest is good. Idk why
(Jul. 06, 2019  6:38 AM)Okanie Wrote: The wiki is all based on assumptions at this point and it's best to just find the information yourself, I definitely agree with that. Most of what's on the wiki is never confirmed in any media and are more based on personal perspective, so there's a lot of flaws to the logic on it. It's why I prefer not to use the wiki as a source for anything beyburst related cause more than half of the stuff isn't true-- or even mistranslated.

For example, Drum's surname Koryu-- while the Romaji name is the Yellow Dragon from Chinese astrology, the characters for his name are not the same as they're in Kanji. They literally mean 'rainbow dragon' and so someone had corrected it in the trivia before turning it back to that. Another translation problem is the fact that Fubuki's surname does not contain the character for crimson-- while the characters do look similar Sumie just means 'ink inlet/bay' with ink being referred to the color 'black'. And the list goes on from there as to where they get the name meanings and such.

Yeah, Suoh is most likely confirmed as a split personality character with his other side just showing his more true self. Even with the mark, he's still him-- just more open about his pride and arrogance. I kind of found it funny that people thought that he was possessed or something considering we had a whole backstory as to why he sought to make Salamander and that was to be better than Fubuki. The guy's been mad that Fubuki had gotten stronger and even thought that Fubuki will always be beneath him-- Suoh's pretty much a jerk tbh, so I guess the whole possession thing was to perhaps make him less of a jerk? Idk, I view it the same way as Shu considering that Shu's more a desperate character and that's what the whole Spriggan thing was...

From recent activities that I've seen in the wiki, they've been trying to update the Top Five and to me it sounds more and more like an au of sorts. It's a bit funny that they even consider a Top Five to have a command when it really doesn't-- nor does it really have 'members'. Top Five literally just means that they're in the top five spots in rankings-- that doesn't change whenever someone loses or wins. It's more based on their beyblade career. Like Aiga doesn't have enough in his beyblade record (official matches) to be considered in the Top Five (and idk why he has that title in the wiki or the No.1 Blader as well)-- if anything Aiga's title should mostly just stick to 'Longinus Cup Champion', 'Beycruise Champion', and 'World Champion' -- idk why he'd be in the Chou-Z Four...

And tbh... I doubt they'll ever fix it and put correct information on there. I got chastise for even talking bad about the wiki considering that a lot of people make fun of the anime/manga portion of it (and this is only because I talked about the specific issues of it). There's so many things wrong with it that I just... kind of gave up on that mess of a place. They're still adding misinformation or lack of information on there-- so I've just... started calling it the fanfiction called "Beyburst Wiki" lol

The worst part is that when people change it, if you revert it to the original, they just change it back.
(Jul. 06, 2019  6:44 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: The worst part is that when people change it, if you revert it to the original, they just change it back.

Yeah, that's also a reason why I don't want to touch that site at all... someone even asked why don't I just fix it myself if I have so many problems with it-- but like knowing that people can easily change it to their liking... there's just literally no point.
Yea it's better to just not touch it what's the point if someone else change it back to the original nonsense . We know how things work and what Ia fans making things and the actual thng .
Yeah, exactly-- I mostly just worry about newer fans to the series that use the wiki as an actual source to refer back to-- other than that, the wiki actually reminds me of a fanfic that actually had a wiki site. It was pretty cool.
The wiki is like a guide, you'll have to refer to the actual sources cited and verify (kinda like Wikipedia, where you're not exactly allowed to cite it as a "valid" source, but to at least have a guide on what you are looking for). Best place to check about Beyblade parts' viability really is WBO or through perusing Beytuber channels.
Does anybody know how early Beys come to Taiwan? How fast is the distribution? Because I’m currently in Taiwan and I really want to get vD as soon as possible cuz I’m flying out on Wendsday. There is a, fairly populated, ToysRus near, where I bought all my beys, but I’m not sure how fast can they arrive. if anybody know, please let me know.
(Jul. 07, 2019  4:49 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Does anybody know how early Beys come to Taiwan? How fast is the distribution? Because I’m currently in Taiwan and I really want to get vD as soon as possible cuz I’m flying out on Wendsday. There is a, fairly populated, ToysRus near, where I bought all my beys, but I’m not sure how fast can they arrive. if anybody know, please let me know.

itll be there by then im sure
(Jul. 08, 2019  9:49 PM)Instaburst Wrote: Is patience a virtue?

Yes yes it is
Is anyone else disappointed with how little we see Valt in GT?
A little? Although, at least he kind of plays a role for the protagonist this time instead of being pushed off to the side slowly like in Chou-Z... we kind of know he's not supposed to play a huge huge role in GT like he was in Chou-Z...
Valt is meant to just mentor both Drum and Delta for their growth as GT Beybladers, which is vastly different from his role in Chouzetsu as someone Aiga looks up to and has been marked as a friendly rival. What I don't like is how hyped Lui was in both Dual Layers and God, then suddenly pushed off early-season after the Longinus Cup in Chouzetsu, then some weird-as-heck mysterious character Phi shows up along with Hearts to seemingly replace the void that Lui had left in the antagonist role.
And Valt’s as well? I mean, I agree that Lui was pushed off and rid off early season despite how hyped he was and it kind of falls in the same way for Valt? While he was here and there throughout the season, his role as a formidable rival for Aiga kind of... lost it’s touch compared to what Phi was for Aiga— so I kind of confuse whether or not Phi was the real end antagonist or Valt. Phi seemed more of a real threat compared to the supposed big/end rival...
(Jul. 09, 2019  4:48 AM)Okanie Wrote: And Valt’s as well? I mean, I agree that Lui was pushed off and rid off early season despite how hyped he was and it kind of falls in the same way for Valt? While he was here and there throughout the season, his role as a formidable rival for Aiga kind of... lost it’s touch compared to what Phi was for Aiga— so I kind of confuse whether or not Phi was the real end antagonist or Valt. Phi seemed more of a real threat compared to the supposed big/end rival...

You're kinda confusing the terms "rival" and "antagonist". The first refers to someone who pushes the protagonist forward, to improve the protagonist in any aspect possible through fights or events that warrant the protagonist to will him/herself to become more or better than before. More often than not, rivals have the same end goal. An antagonist, on the other hand, is someone who is either too different from a protagonist's character or simply existed to impede the protagonist's actions to be able to not reach a goal/improvement, and can mostly be seen trying to destroy the protagonist literally or figuratively.

In this case, Valt existed in both Dual and God series as the protagonist, and met several rivals along the way. The antagonist is Lui in Dual series, though he sort of became a rival in the end. Shu was also both Valt's rival in Dual and antagonist-turned-back-to-rival in God. In Chouzetsu, Valt was just a rival of Aiga, who is the protagonist this time; take note that Valt never became an antagonist since he never impeded on Aiga's growth, but rather highly supported him (sans Aiga wrecking Valkyrie) til he became a champion. 

Phi and Hearts were like the antagonist duo who tried again and again to break Aiga in order to satisfy their own bloodlust. Lui was kind of antagonistic like Suoh, but both were actually proud of Aiga's accomplishments and can considered Aiga as a rival (though Lui's commendation was simply by giving Aiga a Level Chip as acknowledgment of the latter's skills).

Basically, my point is that a rival supports the main character, whereas an antagonist goes out of their way to lay waste on the path of the protagonist towards an end goal.
I get that, although antagonist tends to be a term that opposes the protagonist which I guess in the manga Valt was more so like one considering he’s the one that kind of broke Achilles— though I guess we can still call him a rival. Sorry if I got the terms mixed up.

While I think Lui does fit more as an antagonist in god, it’s hard to say with season 1... while he did oppose and cause hardships for Valt and Shu and maybe the others in the first season— he did kind of just wanted to push them to get stronger (especially Valt and Shu since he saw potential in them) and was kind of... extremely aggressive while doing so. And in that terms of antagonist or rival... Lui wouldn’t seem much of an antagonist but more of a rival... only in the beginning until the Longinus Cup finals, but I’m probably wrong with that...

I think in the end Lui did become more of a rival later on considering that he showed up during Aiga’s final match— but that can be said for everyone since they all showed up I believe?? (Manga at least)

I mean, even in the end goal— Valt didn’t seem much like a rival compared to the others if he was going to be the end rival for Aiga. Phi and Hearts definitely played the antagonist role in the anime— which I found unnecessary but idk if you can really touch the story in Chou-z considering how differently it went after Longinus Cup. I do think they could have at least shown Lui at the end (during Aiga’s match with Phi or Valt) considering that he did become a rival to Aiga after their match, and it would have been meaningful for Lui to see Aiga’s growth since defeating him early on. But it was kind of like... Lui didn’t exist outside of his tournament arc...

Sorry for mixing up the terms again!
(Jul. 09, 2019  6:31 PM)Okanie Wrote: I get that, although antagonist tends to be a term that opposes the protagonist which I guess in the manga Valt was more so like one considering he’s the one that kind of broke Achilles— though I guess we can still call him a rival. Sorry if I got the terms mixed up.

While I think Lui does fit more as an antagonist in god, it’s hard to say with season 1... while he did oppose and cause hardships for Valt and Shu and maybe the others in the first season— he did kind of just wanted to push them to get stronger (especially Valt and Shu since he saw potential in them) and was kind of... extremely aggressive while doing so. And in that terms of antagonist or rival... Lui wouldn’t seem much of an antagonist but more of a rival... only in the beginning until the Longinus Cup finals, but I’m probably wrong with that...

I think in the end Lui did become more of a rival later on considering that he showed up during Aiga’s final match— but that can be said for everyone since they all showed up I believe?? (Manga at least)

I mean, even in the end goal— Valt didn’t seem much like a rival compared to the others if he was going to be the end rival for Aiga. Phi and Hearts definitely played the antagonist role in the anime— which I found unnecessary but idk if you can really touch the story in Chou-z considering how differently it went after Longinus Cup. I do think they could have at least shown Lui at the end (during Aiga’s match with Phi or Valt) considering that he did become a rival to Aiga after their match, and it would have been meaningful for Lui to see Aiga’s growth since defeating him early on. But it was kind of like... Lui didn’t exist outside of his tournament arc...

Sorry for mixing up the terms again!

I kind of understand why we had differing notions of each character. I was only basing on the anime, since the manga version isn't exactly translated online (rusty Japanese reading, I'd surmise) so I never bothered to check on God and Chouzetsu manga. I do apologize as well since I was focused on the character development in the anime alone
(Jul. 09, 2019  6:31 PM)Okanie Wrote: I get that, although antagonist tends to be a term that opposes the protagonist which I guess in the manga Valt was more so like one considering he’s the one that kind of broke Achilles— though I guess we can still call him a rival. Sorry if I got the terms mixed up.

Didn't storm spriggan break because it was already weak from battling wyvern and excessive practicing and not from being broken by Lui?
They're still selling this in ebay IN 2019 despite knowing how rare it is.. I don't know this yet but it could also be a fake or even a scam which is why I'm gonna check it out by ordering it right now!
Is there a way to get Absorb to stay in the middle like a normal stationary Driver and not go on the ridges of the stadium?
(Jul. 13, 2019  5:17 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: Is there a way to get Absorb to stay in the middle like a normal stationary Driver and not go on the ridges of the stadium?
You can try tilt launching or light launching maybe
(Jul. 13, 2019  5:17 AM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: Is there a way to get Absorb to stay in the middle like a normal stationary Driver and not go on the ridges of the stadium?

If it's used on a light combo like dragon fantom.polish.absorb (which is a good burst classic combo), then it won't ride the rails as often when compared to heavier combos.