Beyblade Random Thoughts

Yeah, they're brand new wheels essentially with no mode change and all. I think it will be perfectly fine to open a thread for all of them (not separately for them all, but like all in one thread)
Guess that also means we can't use any 4D bottoms or TT 4D anything for Hasbro testing, haha.
Aren't they just Metal Wheels stuck in one of their modes? If so, what would be different in tests?
Overall togetherness as one part would definitely affect the performance. Less loose parts, perhaps variation in the PC frame (IDK, it's Hasbro we're talking about here) material as well.

Oh, and let's not forget the whole weight issue as well.
(Mar. 18, 2012  1:45 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Aren't they just Metal Wheels stuck in one of their modes? If so, what would be different in tests?

Have you even looked at "Cosmic" or "L Drago Destructor"'s PC & PVC Frame ? Also, it requires extra arrangements to make parts that are not that close get suddenly stuck together. They are really not the same anyway.
I know L Drago Destructor's is different (although I forgot for a moment, sorry), but I don't see what's different in Cosmic Pegasus', besides what was used to make the parts stick together, although I really don't think it'll be significant to cause a change in Wheels that right now get 0% win rates.

However, I have only seen gLeeBlader's links, the other person's (whom I've forgotten the username, sorry!) were not working for me.

Edit: but then again, I couldn't possibly refuse extra tests being done, my mistake!
"Cosmic" does not even seem to have plastic ...
It doesn't. It just has a painted center, similar to Hyper.
Oh wow, I thought the red painted part was actually plastic, haha.

Sorry for the troubles guys!
(Mar. 18, 2012  2:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "Cosmic" does not even seem to have plastic ...

This is quite both pathetic and sad.

Awesome, paint is so damn 3D right? It's so totally hip. Kids will think this is a superman's Beyblade.

EDIT: still eating those bitter chocolates...
WTF, that ugly caaarrrrppp we've been seeing on cosmic was freakin paint?

....Ugly as hell.
It's a good thing I use mouthwash to get rid of that garbage they call "paint". It's so easy to chip off even without battling...

I definitely have alternate universe ideas for this, hah.
Just did some testing this morning.. Earth Aquario T125SD (a favorite combo of my brother) beat a stock Basalt Horogium 13-7. I thought that was interesting.
Advantageous height matchup, nothing special.
Moreover, many random and useless combos beat an uncustomized Basalt Horogium.. I remember using Big Bang Pegasis 100 FS and winning against it easily..
But yeah something is wrong with my FS.. it beats up most non-attack beyblades... or maybe I launch non-attackers badly..
I beat a Japanese Horogium with an american GB145MS combo, so uncustomized Horogium aren't too good.
I just did a tournament of all my uncustomized beyblades and these are the results:
1: Diablo
2: Basalt
3: Big Bang
4: Jupiter
5: Kerbecs
6: Meteo
7: Byxis
8: Destroy
9: Pisces (he got lucky; his opponents were Storm Capricorn, Poison Serpent, and Dark Wolf)
10: Ray Unicorno

...And one last thing. I got my sister to start Beyblading at the Toys-r-us and she uses these combos
Thermal Serpent WD145JB
Galaxy Virgo 130RSF
Ray Sagittario T125RS
...yeah. She knows nothing about customizations.
hey cool
a stamina type beat a defense type
never would've guessed it
(Mar. 18, 2012  8:48 PM)GM Phantom Wrote: I beat a Japanese Horogium with an american GB145MS combo, so uncustomized Horogium aren't too good.

It certainly IS good. It's an amazing Beyblade uncustomized, no-one can argue with that. However, it doesn't mean it's "unbeatable."
Stock Basalt Horogium may be good, but a lot of random combos beat it. I noticed, for example, that mid-height Earth Stamina combos win consistently to it.
I did formal testing on Earth Aquario T125SD, and various other combos, but not enough rounds to make it official.

Earth: 13 wins
Basalt: 7 wins

All of these matches were very close. When SD was replaced with WD, it won consistently. Also, when 105 was used, it won 11 out of 12 rounds.

EDIT: ljadams9: I agree, all beyblades have SOMETHING that will consistently beat them. Flash is looking practically unstoppable at this point, but sometime someone will try something no one else thought of, and herp derp, it creams it. That was actually how Flash got started: no one had bothered to test it for Attack, and when someone did, BAM- you get TT Attack out of nowhere!
RANDOM THOUGHT: Flash isn't meant for pure attack...
Sure, it's not MEANT for it, but it does perform amazingly well Attack-wise, and is now the way to go for Attack, over both VariAres and Blitz. Inferno was intended for Stamina as well, but actually had more Attack than anything else. Of course, comparing Inferno to Flash for Attack is like comparing Earth to Duo, times 10.
No, I mean it has a a super top tier capabitily (might even be more than attack) that no one really thought of...
Just because something is meant for something does not mean that it's good at it. Case in point: Any Metal Wheel released on a Leone. All meant for defense. All found Attack use.

Also: Because of my lack of activity, I looked at the Zero G video just now. It looks fun, though maybe scraping will me a problem. Worth it if it prevents another hiatus. On that note, That was a good point from the Zero G article.