Beyblade Random Thoughts

I opened all of my RBV6 (I bought 5) all of them turned out to be Burn Sagittario 105HF Angry!
You lie :V or you are REALY lucky Tongue_out_wink
(Jan. 11, 2011  5:53 AM)tman14 Wrote: You lie :V or you are REALY lucky Tongue_out_wink

Luck? how is that luck? now that i have 5 Burn Sagittarios added to my collection Unhappy
(Jan. 11, 2011  5:53 AM)tman14 Wrote: You lie :V or you are REALY unlucky Tongue_out_wink

Fixed.
(Jan. 11, 2011  5:51 AM)Hypersonic Wrote: I opened all of my RBV6 (I bought 5) all of them turned out to be Burn Sagittario 105HF Angry!

Wow, that's so T_T.
I just finished up filming a video of Storm Capricorn in a PTW with pop its! I just need to get onto my moms laptop to edit and upload it. It was pretty cool watching it bounce around and landing on the pop its.
(Jan. 11, 2011  5:51 AM)Hypersonic Wrote: I opened all of my RBV6 (I bought 5) all of them turned out to be Burn Sagittario 105HF Angry!

Pics or it didn't happen, because thats really unlikely.
correction, very unlucky. that beyblade is bad.
Uhm. I think either I'm really good with sliding shoot, or something is wrong.

Takara Tomy Attack + Light Launcher + Light Launcher L
L-Drago In Upper Mode

MF Lightning L-Drago 100R2F vs MF Earth Bull GB145RSF (Click to View)
Should this happen?
Light Launchers and not Bey Launchers?
(Jan. 11, 2011  11:23 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Light Launchers and not Bey Launchers?

I don't have a Bey-Launcher L so I used Light Launchers to keep the same RPM.
Might be debri accumulating under the RSF tip, I've had it happen with RF - altering the friction.

Also I test with ripcords for right-spin beys because I believe it yields better results for me than the bey-launchers.
(Jan. 11, 2011  11:27 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Might be debri accumulating under the RSF tip, I've had it happen with RF - altering the friction.

Also I test with ripcords for right-spin beys because I believe it yields better results for me than the bey-launchers.

I clean my RSF, RF, and R2F after every battle with a cloth to make sure they are in optimal shape. I only use the Beylauncher when it's right spin vs right spin, because I do not own a Beylauncher-L.
(Jan. 11, 2011  4:01 AM)Evan Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2011  4:01 AM)Tershoyason Wrote: Why do they make beyblades like storm capricorn seem so much better on the show than in real life?

To promote sales....

Yea but its like insane over Kill... yes i understand about promoting sales but the idea of the quake tip was terrible, it has absolutely no stamina and its atacks usually miss, you cant really use the sliding shoot at all with it
(Jan. 12, 2011  12:25 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Dear Evan: you're not pro, lldrago is

Never said I was pro, nor did I say LL-Drago was bad. I am however very skilled at Beyblade as I've been playing it for close to 10 years. And yes, LL-Drago is a beast. I thought results were interesting (I mean 80% over a top-tier defense, that's impressive) so I posted them.
im just mucking around : \
i was commenting on how lldrago is amazing
Since I'm not a veteran, I figured I might as well post here.

I saw a little bit of talk about the banning of 230 due to it's possible shifting of the metagame.

I'm completely against this idea.

It's common knowledge that attack rules the metagame, and in a sense, if it weren't for the risk associated with attack types RF/R2F/LRF would have completely dominated the tournament scene up until now.

Much like the sentiment found about 230 how it's either "you have it, or find a way to beat it", If you whacked anything onto an RF, the chances are you could have beaten any defence combo before RS/RSF/CS was released.

Now let's not even consider a top tier attack combo which destroys pretty much everything that comes in it's way.

However, unlike 230, until the rubber defence bottoms came out, there was simply no way of countering it. Wish for the best and hope for many wall saves.

But 230 does have weaknesses.

230 based defence combos are hard to defeat, I will be the first to admit, but it's definitely doable and somewhat consistent with the right 145 height combo.

230 based stamina combos can still be defeated by 145 height stamina combos.

Even with the realisation of the MF-L Earth Bull 230CS combo, I'm confident in saying that if I can achieve consistent results against MF Earth Bull 230RSF, then this too can be defeated with consistent results.

Stamina combos at the 145 height should be able to beat it as well.

What we're experiencing is a shifting back of the metagame to the higher height range, and a balancing of the metagame.

As long as there are consistent ways to defeat 230, which are still currently plentiful, then I believe it should not be banned.

I think we've all become too accustomed to 85.

Of course, I'm probably writing this up when there's no real intention to ban this anyway, but I thought I'd stick it out there anyway.
I'm not partial to banning 230 just yet. I just ordered and will help with whatever testing is necessary, because I'd like to see this piece's full potential come to light. Right now I like 230 because it's changing up the metagame, but if it is too unbalanced then I'm all for banning it.

@McFrown Haha sorry I took offense to the post. Your humor doesn't always transfer into text well.
There's been some talk of it in your 230 thread, but perhaps I was just reading too much into the posts once I saw the word "ban" hah.
(Jan. 12, 2011  2:45 AM)momiji manju Wrote: There's been some talk of it in your 230 thread, but perhaps I was just reading too much into the posts once I saw the word "ban" hah.

I don't know if it's been straight out said, but I got a general feeling of "banning" going on in the topic.
Then I'm not alone in that sentiment haha. For a while I thought I was just delusional.
230 is powerful, but not invincible. It would be foolish to ban it. It's effect on the metagame has been great; it's created a nice triangle in the Stamina metagame (85>145 [well, this is arguable, but 145 still has the potential to beat 230 with some consistency]>230>85) and seems to have put greater attention on the idea of Attack customs with high Tracks.
I bought Flame Byxis solely for the purpose testing high track attack types against 230.