Beyblade Random Thoughts

Well, I said this before.. And I think it was maybe I couple pages back, but I really think that gravity perseus' l/r spin and ch120's height change are things that can make a HUGE difference in a battle.

Momiji manju, you wrote that 230 can be defeated by 145 height opponents, and that is exactly how ch120 comes into play. We've all seen l ldrago provide very consistent results at the ch120 height, and that was primarily the height that was used in that combo, because it provided good contact against gb145, r145, etc. But now, against 230, a simple height change makes the difference, providing a good contact point against 230 height. It makes it a while lot more versatile than simply leaving it at 120 height.

Now, about gravity perseus, it's l/r spin is also a very versatile feature. I saw momo, and I think Fyuuor wrote that left spin beyblades work better against 230 height defense. And gravity Perseus work extremely well against traditional 145 height defense beyblades in right spin, making this have abilities to take on multiple situations. If gravity Perseus is against another attack type, then you just pick which spin direction will best help you outspin or knockout the other attacker.

Now to the stamina side of the story:

Now, I think that your MF l drago 100 wf combo is amazing kei, but I think that since the drastic changes in the game have led to less use of low heights, this combo may be in need of updating, which is why I requested MF l drago ch120 wf in Nojo's thread. Once again, ch120 is what makes the huge difference in this combo. 120 height against 85 -105 height, and 145 height against 125-230. This will hopefully help create destabilizing against all heights.

I had an interesting convo with Dan in PM's. Really, I think the game is going to start developing more balance types. And like the thread he linked me to- attack types the true balancer. I think that destabilizers are going to come into play much more, instead of the traditional top tier attack, top tier defense, top tier stamina.
I'm so glad to see this shift into niche-based balance combos. The cookie-cutter attack<stamina<defense<attack was starting to get boring.
I agree, now, there are so many combos that work good in one situation, but may not work in another. It's actually more exciting IMO
(Jan. 10, 2011  3:29 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: It's not legal to spin any beyblade with your hand. And how would it steal spin?

What about Meteo? He's hand spun all the time. I'm talking about against left-spins, The small indents lining the wheel could beat Meteo, much like how earth beats Meteo 8 out of 10 times.
I'm sure this post will get many responses.....
Dark may have some Destabilizer potential or some other (untapped) potential.
Now...Someone Prove me wrong >Grin
(Jan. 12, 2011  7:19 AM)Scourge Wrote: I'm sure this post will get many responses.....
Dark may have some Destabilizer potential or some other (untapped) potential.
Now...Someone Prove me wrong >Grin

I've tried using it, and it really doesn't work. Maybe at 85 or 90, but Flame and Burn are still better choices.
i have had dark use a upper-attack before, but i dont remember the combos Unhappy
I just got done messing around with a combo. It was MF Bakushin Bull 100F. It seems that Bakushin might have a slight Zombie Effect. Although, it could just be the stadium I was using. (I was using an old Hasbro BladeBreaker Stadium) Somebody should test this out in a TT Stadium and see if it does have the slight Zombie Effect.
(Jan. 12, 2011  6:47 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: I just got done messing around with a combo. It was MF Bakushin Bull 100F. It seems that Bakushin might have a slight Zombie Effect. Although, it could just be the stadium I was using. (I was using an old Hasbro BladeBreaker Stadium) Somebody should test this out in a TT Stadium and see if it does have the slight Zombie Effect.

It doesn't have bearings, therefore it doesn't have the "zombie" effect. Life-after-death can occur with WD, but I'm not sure about F.
(Jan. 12, 2011  3:45 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Now, I think that your MF l drago 100 wf combo is amazing kei, but I think that since the drastic changes in the game have led to less use of low heights, this combo may be in need of updating, which is why I requested MF l drago ch120 wf in Nojo's thread. Once again, ch120 is what makes the huge difference in this combo. 120 height against 85 -105 height, and 145 height against 125-230. This will hopefully help create destabilizing against all heights.

Perhaps. However, the release of Metal Flat should alleviate any problems that MF L Drago 100WF might have against 230 (which I personally haven't tested yet, but I'm assuming that it wouldn't do well).
Hopefully, but depending on how wide it is, the ch120 might be needed
---------------------------------
Edit: I just realized, if I had not thrown away my plastic beyblades in the summer(I thought they sucked;before learning more about beyblade and joining wbo Unhappy ) then I would be able to get the rose gold face by now. Darn I'm an idiot.
I have 6 beyblades coming in the mail, as well as a grip add-on and grip rubber. I'm spending far too much on this hobby far too fast haha
Guess...who just got his Meteo Today Joyful_3 Happy face.
This semester in woodwork, i've been working on something special, a super ultra awesome deluxe amazingly beautiful beyblade box. There's space for 40 beyblades, space for launchers, grips, winders, the whole deal. Now I'm just about done, just gotta finish the design which will be done by the end of the week.
ima blow yo minds awaySmug
If it has no cup holders I'm not intersted and is it for long or short winders
^ thats really pro. Im only in grade 8; we dont do woodshop yet D:

anyways, I have been having a craving for Ray Unicorno. Its really weird.
(Jan. 13, 2011  4:10 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote: ^ thats really pro. Im only in grade 8; we dont do woodshop yet D:

anyways, I have been having a craving for Ray Unicorno. Its really weird.

I don't think Ray Unicorno is edible.......
(Jan. 11, 2011  3:58 AM)Evan Wrote: I really wish Galaxy had more use :\ It's a cool looking wheel.

Hey thnx for the tests. It seemed to have some form of attack on its regular W105 track... lmao maybe it was a lucky day.
I've battled my E-Virgo and D-Wolf. More often then not Dark would get under earth and make it go in a circle while it's tilted. But then dark would do the samething and scrape across the stadium.
Had to share this here:

Azuma Wrote:Hi Brad,
The kids are growing fast and we now have usually beyblade fights. My 6years old sometimes wins and the 2years old little girl knows how to play/throw [note: i think he means launch?] the beys. She is not very bad.
(Jan. 13, 2011  3:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Azuma Wrote:Hi Brad,
The kids are growing fast and we now have usually beyblade fights. My 6years old sometimes wins and the 2years old little girl knows how to play/throw [note: i think he means launch?] the beys. She is not very bad.

D'awww.

Seriously though, if he really meant throw, then Beyblade fight has a completely different meaning. Hahaha.
It seems the movie DVD might just come with a Ray Unicorno recolour, not even Sol Blaze ...
I wasn't even expecting it to include a Bey at all, really.
I was eating Fruit Loops out of a small bowl while watching youtube vids, and I noticed that three of them got stuck together. An orange one, yellow one and a green one. It reminded me of C145 lol, If only they were all yellow.