Beyblade Random Thoughts

There's kids that don't buy certain Beyblades because of their types? That's stupid.

I start by getting what's good, then I get ones that I like and generally think look cool.
(Jun. 21, 2012  10:37 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: That's a great idea, getting a job for beys! I'd take the same initiative myself, if my neighborhood had anything to do. :V

Thank you! Well, you could ask your neighbor if you could take out their trash and then take it in the next day for a few dollars per month. I did that until my neighbors moved. I'm gonna have to find something else to do until someone else moves in... Crying
(Jun. 21, 2012  10:37 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: That's a great idea, getting a job for beys! I'd take the same initiative myself, if my neighborhood had anything to do. :V
I'm trying to get a job at a music store. I gotta wait another week to call them.

(Jun. 21, 2012  10:42 PM)Fakirs Duck Wrote: Thank you! Well, you could ask your neighbor if you could take out their trash and then take it in the next day for a few dollars per month. I did that until my neighbors moved. I'm gonna have to find something else to do until someone else moves in... Crying
That sounds.... Odd. How long did it take to get enough money for Beyblades? (Isn't there a thread for this?)

(Jun. 21, 2012  10:38 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: There's kids that don't buy certain Beyblades because of their types? That's stupid.

I start by getting what's good, then I get ones that I like and generally think look cool.

Yes, same with me. When I was younger (and stupider), I would just get attack types. Now I get all kinds of types, but most of them are weak! Argh, I've gotta get Hades Kerbecs! Pinching_eyes

(Jun. 21, 2012  10:45 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
I'm trying to get a job at a music store. I gotta wait another week to call them.

(Jun. 21, 2012  10:42 PM)Fakirs Duck Wrote: Thank you! Well, you could ask your neighbor if you could take out their trash and then take it in the next day for a few dollars per month. I did that until my neighbors moved. I'm gonna have to find something else to do until someone else moves in... Crying
That sounds.... Odd. How long did it take to get enough money for Beyblades? (Isn't there a thread for this?)

It took about three months. I'm a surprisingly patient person.

(Jun. 21, 2012  10:45 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:

I'd get a real job if I could, but I don't qualify for a hardship, and I'm just gonna wait until I turn 16 (December 27th) to get one. Not sure where I'll work. Hopefully not at a fast food resturaunt, that would be disgusting.

There's a thread for everything, haha.

I hope Hasbro releases Omega Dragonis is some way, I wanna see it tested more. :3
Every time somebody says (Posts) about Diablo Nemesis, I always think of a stupid Bakugan! Pinching_eyes_2 For once, I'm kinda hoping Hasbro will change the name so this won't happen anymore (Or I'll stop thinking that when I see it in the anime a couple times.) Pinching_eyes_2
(Jun. 21, 2012  10:51 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I hope Hasbro releases Omega Dragonis is some way, I wanna see it tested more. :3

I do too, but it doesn't match up well against current parts. As I talked about in the Omega Discussion thread, it's similar to Lightning L Drago in many respects (six wings in the best mode, lack of sharp contact points, relatively small amount of recoil, etc.), which means that it would have been great if it had been released a year and a half or two ago. It's weight–which is six grams lighter than Blitz and VariAres, and eight lighter than Flash–surely doesn't help either.
Haha, well I guess we can just hope for a drastic weight change, or something. I still believe there might be a niche use for it somewhere, like my two Zero-G combos, they actually perform kinda well in a BB-10 as well.

Bey-Heart
Why do you think of Bakugan? Lol
(Jun. 21, 2012  11:34 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Haha, well I guess we can just hope for a drastic weight change, or something. I still believe there might be a niche use for it somewhere, like my two Zero-G combos, they actually perform kinda well in a BB-10 as well.

Bey-Heart
Maybe Hasderp will make it out of conkrete und itll way to tuns. Herp derp.

In all seriousness, it is possible. If I remember correctly, Hasbro;s Gasher weighed more than Takara Tomy's Cancer (Or was it another part?)

In season 2 there was a character where on the "Devil side" it was called Diablo, and on it's "Angel side" it was called... Angelo?

Ah yes, I remember those two, now I understand were you're coming from!

As for the Hasbro part weight difference, that was really just a big myth, and it was disproved. There ARE weight differences, but nothing that's really extreme.
(Jun. 21, 2012  11:43 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 21, 2012  11:34 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Haha, well I guess we can just hope for a drastic weight change, or something. I still believe there might be a niche use for it somewhere, like my two Zero-G combos, they actually perform kinda well in a BB-10 as well.

Bey-Heart
Maybe Hasderp will make it out of conkrete und itll way to tuns. Herp derp.

In all seriousness, it is possible. If I remember correctly, Hasbro;s Gasher weighed more than Takara Tomy's Cancer (Or was it another part?)

In season 2 there was a character where on the "Devil side" it was called Diablo, and on it's "Angel side" it was called... Angelo?
Yeah and also if I am not mistaken there was a bakugan called Nemesis as well.

(Jun. 21, 2012  10:30 PM)Mu Wrote: Non-synchrome Theif Phoenic (Crystal-Up Mode) can acheive some Very Strong K.O's on MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 CS...

I want Carly to answer my previous question since she might know the most currenly about this topic aside from Rai and Me...)

I would say Flash is still more reliable, but Thief Phoenic should be better than Orojya- anything. You should try it out yourself if you can, though. Wink

Random thought: I almost posted the abbreviation of Crystal Up Mode in the BBG-03 testing thread once because I was feeling lazy, but then I saw the preview... Very awkward moment at the time. Confused lol
Haha, similar to Grip Flat Core Ultimate Versions abbreviation. Tongue_out
Well the Theif Phenoic I ordered that was in question to be fake or not looks like it'll be here this afternoon. Shipping from China was pretty fast I mean it was only a week.
Rock Scorpio versus a fake beyblade today. And for some reason, when both were near the end, Scorpio broke part of the fake bey's CW...

All I could think of was...

If you guessed what was in the spoiler before you saw it, you get a cookie
dragonis Discussion: Its MW will be fused into one part. It will be changed quite significantly so who knows. It is also possible that the other 4D beys will be lighter in the hasbro meta, making it a lot more usable.

@Weight Increase Discussion: Dark Gasher was indeed heavier than Dark Cancer but it was the MW that changed, not the CW.

leon: FATALITY!
(Jun. 22, 2012  11:37 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: @Weight Increase Discussion: Dark Gasher was indeed heavier than Dark Cancer but it was the MW that changed, not the CW.

What ? Gasher is definitely different to Cancer.
Ok, I don't actually own a TT Cancer so I have no way of knowing for sure, I was only going off of previous discussions.
(Jun. 22, 2012  12:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2012  11:37 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: @Weight Increase Discussion: Dark Gasher was indeed heavier than Dark Cancer but it was the MW that changed, not the CW.

What ? Gasher is definitely different to Cancer.

...what? As far as I am aware, the Gasher and Cancer CWs are identical in weight and aesthetic.
(Jun. 22, 2012  7:35 PM)Hazel Wrote: ...what? As far as I am aware, the Gasher and Cancer CWs are identical in weight and aesthetic.

The words "CANCER" are removed ... Just like the "BURN WHEEL" on Burn ...
(Jun. 22, 2012  10:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2012  7:35 PM)Hazel Wrote: ...what? As far as I am aware, the Gasher and Cancer CWs are identical in weight and aesthetic.

The words "CANCER" are removed ... Just like the "BURN WHEEL" on Burn ...

...he was talking about weight, and I really don't think that tiny engraving is meaningful at all. Unless you've got some weights from someone proving they're different...
I've got 5 Cancer CW's and two Gashers. My scale isn't auto-calibrated but a 50g weight reads as 50.05g, so subtracting .05g from the weights I've listed should give fairly accurate weights.
I've included the conditions of each, i.e. where they came from and whether or not they have stickers.

Cancer.
1. Dark Cancer CH120SF, Stickers, 3.14g
2. Dark Cancer CH120SF, Stickers, 3.17g
3. Dark Cancer CH120SF, No Stickers, 3.18g
4. Unknown - Yellow, No Stickers, 3.14g
5. Super Deck Set, Stickers, 3.11g

Gasher
1. Dark Gasher CH120FS, Double Stickers, 3.37g (Put stickers over the other ones.... I was a newbie k?)
2. Dark Gasher CH120FS, Stickers, 3.20g

While it seems gasher may be slightly heavier, I do not think this is a significant difference to draw conclusions from, especially with me only owning two gasher CW's. Even if it is, the difference would be smaller than that of putting stickers on a beyblade, so there wouldn't be a practical difference in performance.

I'm also quite sure the "Hasbro dark is better" thing was entirely based upon those incorrect set of weights, as my hasbro and TT dark wheels didn't show any real separation in weight ranges.
I think that if you can choose between the two companies though, take Hasbro's. Stickers do not weigh .17 grams.

Also, Hazel, you were talking about aesthetics anyway.
I just sheer forgot about the engravement entirely because it's so difficult to see, haha.
Depending on the beyblade, those with larger stickers do approach that mark, though it's definitely more notable in plastics.

The Takara version can usually be found quite cheaply though, even with shipping. It's significantly cheaper for me to get a dark cancer than a dark gasher (last I checked something like half price), and also much easier given the way stores stock items here. Then again, Australia.

Hasbro's version is a very nice shade of red though.