Beyblade Random Thoughts

I wasn't sure if this required its own thread, but I basically did some testing on Beylauncher vs Light Launcher 1 because I don't (and still don't) believe why Beylaunchers are superior despite that the string is much longer than the ripcord. Here are the results

TEST 1
Beylauncher vs Launcher Trial 1
Storm Pegasis 105WB
Attack Stadium
NOTE: I do not have launcher grips or launcher rubbers (I ordered some)

RED and BLUE are beylaunchers (TT), Light Launcher 1 is Hasbro
Shot alternatively (RED, LL1 [BLUE], BLUE, LL1 [ORANGE]) (Sorry if a bit confusing but 4 launchers in total.

Basically, these tests proved nothing besides that my BLUE beylauncher was not as good as my RED one. If anything they prove that the results [/i] get from beylaunchers and lightlauncher 1 are almost identical.

Test 2
Same as test 1 except we are now using
Storm Pegasis105F
Again, proved nothing besides the fact that WB is inconsistent. I chose F because it is the most consistent tip that I have that doesn't spin very long. If anything, I think my tests show that the beylauncher is not much more powerful than light launcher 1 and I used the shorter Hasbro ripcord. Also for anyone asking, all shots of Test 2 were NOT banked except the second trial of RED beylauncher which yielded highest spintime of 2m03s.

Was wondering if you guys could do comparative tests or if I'm just not using the beylauncher correctly. It would be nice to get some comparative solo spin times as well.

It is exceptionally common knowledge that if you're getting better spin times/force from a Light Launcher, you're using it wrong, or your Beylauncher/String Launcher is malfunctioning.

Testing does not need to be done on it. Adjustment takes time, longer for some than for others, but once you adjust, the ripcord launchers are just plain worse.
I seem to have found this hanging on the local store.... Should i open it or does anyone want it.
(Feb. 18, 2012  2:50 AM)Leviath Wrote: I seem to have found this hanging on the local store.... Should i open it or does anyone want it.
Lol, yeah, I'll take it. Smile

killjimmy:
Yup. Ask any of the top bladers, the beylauncher is markedly superior.
I'm sure a lot of people would want it, haha. Tongue_out It's a really good-looking bey, though, so I'd say keep it Smile
(Feb. 18, 2012  2:58 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2012  2:50 AM)Leviath Wrote: I seem to have found this hanging on the local store.... Should i open it or does anyone want it.

killjimmy:

Can I ask for a comparative solospin time of Storm Pegasis105WB or F just to see what I'm aiming at.
Ah I dont know how to trade stuff here so heck with it X)
(Feb. 18, 2012  3:02 AM)killjimmy Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2012  2:58 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:

killjimmy:

Can I ask for a comparative solospin time of Storm Pegasis105WB or F just to see what I'm aiming at.

Remind me in a PM on Tuesday and I'll post a time that night or Wednesday. I'm traveling this weekend and don't have all my beys with me.
It seems that Wing Pegasis S130RB Memorial Ver. is really being sold in normal circumstances. There must have been way too many in excess from what TAKARA-TOMY was unable to sell at the tournaments ...

By the way, Shinobi Salamander is snobbed by everyone at the moment for some reason, which is why there is no confirmed information on its parts and no pictures.
(Feb. 17, 2012  9:42 AM)Uwik Wrote: One of the Japanese qualifiers for the World Championship. Apparently, they used 4Ds. I almost feel sorry for them having to compete in Hasbro stadiums...

EDIT: Gotta love those commentators.. makes you feel like watching an actual sport.

I wonder why something like this is not possible for the actual World Championships. If an event like this can be held by TAKARA-TOMY for a qualifier, there's no reason Hasbro can't do the same. Yes, that was at WHF, but I mean, they could have very easily hosted the championship at Anime North this year. :\

uggghhh i'm so disappointed by all of this LOL

(Feb. 18, 2012  6:28 AM)Uwik Wrote: Contestants of the World Championship 2012 so far.. from Hasbro side

Luqman is supposed to be at a TRU tournament next weekend here in Toronto. Should be interesting. I'm going to try to get him to join the WBO and come to our tournament the next day, haha.
(Feb. 18, 2012  5:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: By the way, Shinobi Salamander is snobbed by everyone at the moment for some reason, which is why there is no confirmed information on its parts and no pictures.

What do you mean by that? I've never heard of a bey being discriminated against but there is always a first time for everything..
(Feb. 18, 2012  6:44 AM)Dan Wrote: What do you mean by that? I've never heard of a bey being discriminated against but there is always a first time for everything..

BBG-01, BBG-03 and BBG-04 are already all known : their parts, their official pictures, etc.

In the middle of all that, BBG-02 Shinobi Salamander still has no official content ...
Perhaps the rumors are correct and it is just completely recycled?

They were right about Samurai Ifreid.
Even then, that does not excuse all the stores for not mentioning it at all ...
What kind of ninja would it be if it went around broadcasting where who and what it was...
Sigh.....I still want dragoon GT.I still remeber searching around numourous stores for that but couldnt find any in result.I was in Canada that time btw.
Wow, if Kenta got a new Sagittario, I have been away for a long time...
When I left, Death Quetzcoatl was the newest bey...

If anyone could direct me to a thread where I could catch up from there, I would be very happy.
Or maybe you could list it?

And I just love how Flash Sagittario looks!
(Feb. 18, 2012  11:58 PM)Lucellus Wrote: Wow, if Kenta got a new Sagittario, I have been away for a long time...

If anyone could direct me to a thread where I could catch up from there, I would be very happy.

You can simply look on Beywiki (MFB Product List, or just browse through the Metal Fight Beyblade articles), or alternatively look at my topics, because I am usually the one who discovers new Beyblades.
(Feb. 19, 2012  12:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2012  11:58 PM)Lucellus Wrote: Wow, if Kenta got a new Sagittario, I have been away for a long time...

You can simply look on Beywiki (MFB Product List, or just browse through the Metal Fight Beyblade articles), or alternatively look at my topics, because I am usually the one who discovers new Beyblades.

Right, thank you. I will.
(Feb. 18, 2012  6:47 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2012  6:44 AM)Dan Wrote: What do you mean by that? I've never heard of a bey being discriminated against but there is always a first time for everything..

BBG-01, BBG-03 and BBG-04 are already all known : their parts, their official pictures, etc.

In the middle of all that, BBG-02 Shinobi Salamander still has no official content ...

To be fair, only one of those is a new Bey. BBG-02 is the only other one of the first 4 BBG's that isn't a bey.
... I think everyone is not "in the business" enough to understand why it is so weird. You come up with all those excuses, but besides TAKARA-TOMY still maintaining their reputation of "everything-secret-about-Beyblade-until-the-last-minute", there really are no reasons. Shinobi Salamander is being snobbed, do not try to defend anybody ...
i just counted my beyblade collection.....48, DAMN so close, just need 2 more

(this goes here right???, never posted in this thread before, i think?????)

ill post pics in the collection thread later (most of my MFB are gonna be combos cause i keep them all unasembled and im too lazy to make them the way they came lol)
So, I've given this some thought, and here's my take on MFB's designs:

Metal System

Like we've all said, this point was when the constellation feel was best. For me personally, the designs are pretty cool; the designs suited the Beyblade, each was very different, and there was lots of designs, but they were simple and looked really impressive. The amount of colours wasn't great but they didn't need it, they have the most MFB feel -simplistic constellation feel- of all the three MFB systems.

Hybrid Wheel System Season One

This is where the designs were the most simplified. The designs to me, were basically taking the Metal System's designs and putting a Clear Wheel on them. However, the The Clear Wheels, to me, just added different colours. They caused the Metal Wheels to be simplified because there wasn't a whole lot of space left to work with, while stile using the same diameter of the Metal System Wheels. We got some cool Tracks and Bottoms, while not necessarily correlated with the Beyblade, were a lot cooler than the Tracks and Bottoms in the Metal System. This also has a very MFB feel, second to the Metal System.

Hybrid Wheel System Season Two (Non Maximum Series)

By far, my favourite designs of them all. I mean, it took out the simplified Clear Wheels and Metal Wheels, and went back to the real constellation feel. That's my opinion of course, you may disagree. Every part had more to do with the specific Beyblade, and the designs got advanced, but not extravagant. I loved the multiple colours on Clear Wheels, I loved the painted Metal Wheels, and I actually loved the stickers for the Metal Wheel. As an example, take Gravity Perseus: The Face was just way too cool, having two Faces in one. The Clear Wheel represented this cool looking armor. The Metal Wheel suited the Clear Wheel really well, and had a cool design on it as well, representing Medusa's eyes and the myths surrounding them. The Track was Perseus' body armor. The Bottom, whatever in this case, haha. Galaxy Pegasis too: the Clear Wheel was a lot more representative of wings in my opinion, the Metal Wheel gives a better sense of wings flowing through wind, the Track obviously has more to do with flying than 105, and the Bottom makes the bird quicker. I just absolutely love that kind of stuff. Not the most MFB feel, but in my opinion, MFB Advanced or MFB Plus is a suitable feeling I get from it.

Hybrid Wheel System Maximum Series

Aside from the things it did to the game, the designs were actually kinda cool. It took MFB to a goofy level design-wise, but it was still something we hadn't seen in the two years or however long MFB was at this point. A super tall Track? How would that turn out? A super wide Metal Wheel? How long would that spin? Upper Attack? Possible? Maximum Stamina? WD upgraded? Maximum Weight? Uh oh we took this too far. The designs were MFB Plus to the plus. However, it was just too much for me. It took away the MFB feel completely. It went beyond a point that basically wasn't anything close to the Metal System. Yuck.

4D System

I'm just going to say right off the bat, I don't like 4D designs. Way too extravagant for me. They were larger, way too detailed, and didn't have enough meaning. Big Bang Pegasis took my favourite Beyblade, Galaxy Pegasis, and made it look like it wasn't even from the MFB I came to love. Fang Leone did resemble Rock Leone really well, and had an industrial feel if that makes sense. L Drago Destroy tried to take Lightning L Drago and Meteo L Drago, and stuff them into the 4D series. Beat Lynx just looked like a large Vulcan. Scythe Kronos is just an I don't know what, some discus. VariAres probably has some design that I'm not understanding, but there probably is one. Jade Jupiter looks like four blobs with random balls in it. Phantom Orion has a cool design actually, but it was a Burn that was burnt into a design that was way too detailed. Death Quetzalcoatl has a kinda cool design, but only the Metal Wheel and its Mode Change. Duo is just a circle with a fan on top of it. Diablo Nemesis, in my opinion, was just too much in one, it didn't have a meaning like the Explosion Beyblades that I loved. Fusion Hades is another circle with rubber this time. Flash Sagittario is the best of the 4D designs, in my opinion. It keeps the design all the way back from Flame Sagittario and Sagittario, and adds a bit to it, not a lot like all the other 4D Beyblades.

So I had hoped MFB would have nothing to do with Zero G. The designs slowly went away from that simplistic feel that was MFB, and Zero G would be in a pretty compromising position if it went along with MFB. I want Zero G to be its own, unique Beyblade, that is restricted to nothing but nothing. That's all for another topic though.
My inferno byxis ch120RS from a double pack just (edit: KO'ED) a basalt horogium.
in a hasbro stadium.

>inferno
>vs basalt
> hasbro stadium
> ko'ed

what the carp?