Beyblade Random Thoughts

Btw does anyone know the origin,the basis of beyblades?
Most who would be interested in it know about Beigoma and such, yes.
not really, no XD
(Feb. 15, 2012  11:11 AM)Luck Wrote: not really, no XD

IMO, beigoma is a valid starting point for beyblades due to it's historical fact. If you know something that is contradictory to this, perhaps you should share it rather than dropping a one-liner post.
I think he was just saying he didn't really know about their origins.

There was a thread on it a while back, but googling "Beigoma" should give you plenty of information.
Beigoma is SO hard to spin.You need to wrap a rope around it to make it spin and its almost impossible.Like beyblades today,You need to customize your bey in order to win instead if using it right out of the dagashiya(where they are mostly sold).By customization i mean to use a file to force it to be balanced.Theres the flawless stamina type "Maruroku" the edgeless bey where mostly everyone use and the "Pecha" a bey so thin only veterans can handle to make them win.You actually have to give your bey if you lose.
The dark ages.

I pretty much experienced the "metagame" for that XD
When beyblade was new in India and when we did not have access to the toys, we used similar things. And it is really tough to spin them well. I remember it took me a whole week to learn to spin it and another month to perform tricks with it. My grandpa taught me all of those.. He is so good at it that he was actually able to break one by launching another one on it. However it was only in a few months that beyblade toys were released and then everyone switched to beyblades.
(Feb. 15, 2012  5:47 PM)N0body Wrote: When beyblade was new in India and when we did not have access to the toys, we used similar things. And it is really tough to spin them well. I remember it took me a whole week to learn to spin it and another month to perform tricks with it. My grandpa taught me all of those.. He is so good at it that he was actually able to break one by launching another one on it. However it was only in a few months that beyblade toys were released and then everyone switched to beyblades.

*Nostalgia*
Ah yes, even I've played with those! But I never used to enjoy them, tbh.
Their tips were too sharp. Hasbro people would have resigned (stating mental harassment as a reason) if they were asked to issue safety measures for it. Tired
I've created huge holes in my previous stadiums with those, and that's what made me hate not enjoy them.
As some of you know, I recently got my Kreis Cygnus shipment in. I've sold 3, and there's one left. I really really want to open it, but I still want to make some money off of this. And I want to add a Beyblade to my collection, even though I know Kreis is bad...I'm just so curious..and usually it gets the better of me. I have to wait.
(Feb. 15, 2012  11:09 AM)Leviath Wrote: Btw does anyone know the origin,the basis of beyblades?

ya know there is a video on youtube showing a old school top fight

thank me later
(Feb. 16, 2012  1:12 AM)Ryu-X Wrote: As some of you know, I recently got my Kreis Cygnus shipment in. I've sold 3, and there's one left. I really really want to open it, but I still want to make some money off of this. And I want to add a Beyblade to my collection, even though I know Kreis is bad...I'm just so curious..and usually it gets the better of me. I have to wait.

It's a very, very pretty beyblade, so even if it sucks it is at least nice to look at. How much would it cost you to open it, like, how much of a loss would you make on the shipment?
(Feb. 02, 2012  3:14 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I've been thinking about Phantom Cancer, and the thought that pops into my head is a Phantom/ghostly crab. I keep laughing every time I think about it.

Well weirdly, i think it's some sort of deadly disease that won't get noticed by the infected until they vomit blood. Or they suddenly died.

(Feb. 16, 2012  7:16 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2012  1:12 AM)Ryu-X Wrote: As some of you know, I recently got my Kreis Cygnus shipment in. I've sold 3, and there's one left. I really really want to open it, but I still want to make some money off of this. And I want to add a Beyblade to my collection, even though I know Kreis is bad...I'm just so curious..and usually it gets the better of me. I have to wait.

It's a very, very pretty beyblade, so even if it sucks it is at least nice to look at. How much would it cost you to open it, like, how much of a loss would you make on the shipment?

Seriously, its a superb bey when it comes to aesthetics and beauty. At the same time, I am sure you won't be losing out too much if you do not sell it... People like me are dying to own; or at least see it. But we are waiting for good ol' Hasbro to release it now... So, I'd say- OPEN IT!!!! Grin
(Feb. 16, 2012  12:54 PM)TnkP Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2012  3:14 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I've been thinking about Phantom Cancer, and the thought that pops into my head is a Phantom/ghostly crab. I keep laughing every time I think about it.

Well weirdly, i think it's some sort of deadly disease that won't get noticed by the infected until they vomit blood. Or they suddenly died.

There are quite a many diseases where people vomit blood, you know.
And there are also quite a many diseases where people suddenly died. Tongue_out
I get very upset whenever I one of my friends speak about plastics. They think plastics are fragile, useless, little stamina, little attack, weak defense, and the "zombies" can be beaten by attacks. Basically, everything that can be bad about beyblades, plastics have it all (if th!nk is readind this, he must be in a rage by now :p). OK, they got into beyblading in the MFB era, but what's the need to insult plastics like that ? Once, I remember, I launched my Driger V2 against a friend's MFB. He stopped Driger by hand, and handed it back to me saying it doesn't even deserve to compete (th!nk would be furious by now :p). I showed them what a plastic bey can do when my Driger V2 upper-ed and KOed a Flame 145B combo. But they were back to their old ways when the secret was out that attack types, even as bad as Poison Capricorn D125MF, can beat plastics. Some of it IS my fault, for starting these cross-generation matches, but that was just for the sake of my interest in plastics.
This is like a case of bey-discrimination. We know that plastics would lose to MFB, but does it mean that we simply can't do Plastic vs MFB matches? Even for experiment, or just fun? (take the example above- none of us knew that plastics can KO MFB beys, and as for fun, everyone made fun of that guy who lost to a plastic with his "best bey")
Anyways, my Phantom Cancer BD and VariAres CH120RF have completely obliterated my friends' beys (as a side note, they use pre-maximum era parts). So to make the game fair, I was recently trying to think of a plastic combo that can beat MFB beys. It won't be too difficult, as my friends have a "metagame" like this- Flame=Stamina,Poison/Storm=Attack, Dark=Defense,Rock=Balance, and all of them are meh, as we know (pre-max. series parts are available, but few bother buying anything other than fakes, which mostly contain the wheels mentioned above.
So the question is - Are there any Plastic combos that can beat MFB (consistently)??
My guess is that pure smash attackers and zombies could do the job. I believe that if we might be able to prove that plastics ARE equal to MFB, it might also revive plastics among a portion of the MFB-oriented community, and not just my group of 10-15 friends.
If any thoughts on this, respond, otherwise feel free to ignore this post because I am not the best in the world at explaining things and I'm already trying to prove a point about something that might not make any sense at all .... :\
Pure smash attackers won't stand a chance against MFB. Zombies do okay against everything that can't KO them except B: D which has better LAD, especially if you bring weak launching into the equation. A rubber tipped zombie might do okay against a lot, but generally, you'll just damage your plastics by using them against MFB. Plastics are designed to be used against other plastics, it's generally better to keep things that way.

Honestly, if people don't want to play plastics because MFB perform better, then they can deal with it, they probably wouldn't understand the appeal of plastics, and it's them who misses out.
If one was to battle plastics Vs. MFB, then what th!nk said is true.
And because of the fact that plastics would get damaged if used against MFB, is enough proof to call them suckers.

We live in India, Shirish; where the "better one" is the one which can break the other one.
And as Metal hits harder than plastics, metal is better. No wonder I used to see Weight Disk Attackers in tourneys.
If you might remember, for every original plastic bey you saw in stores, you'd see 20-30 counterfeit beys, which were made purely out of metal. And of course, those sold more than the original ones. The Original ones were only bought by sensible people, who actually cared about brands and safety measures(those metal beys cut through one's skin)

At the same time, India never saw plastics grow. It was popular, yes; but never so much so that people would discover any "nice" combos with it. Now in MFB, there's metal, which has fascinated Indian bladers since the day beyblades were released. Plus, they beat those 'heavy-looking' and 'bigger' plastics. This fascinates them, and makes them look down upon things made of plastic.

And as th!nk said, they are the ones who are missing out on all this. Why should we feel sad? *selfish* Tongue_out
As I can't edit my post (due to Post Bug), take this as an edit to my post. Smile
Just imagine, if everyone in India were to love plastics, things would go haywire! Plastics would get rarer and rarer!
So, Everything happens for our own good! *more selfish*
Most of the last few posts probably would do better in Plastics General Discussion, ahah Wink

But yeah, Driger F's AR is one of the most fragile-looking parts in plastics, and the colour makes it look even more fragile, almost looking fake.
EG bases are the worst. Broke a ton of them .Scared to use anymore Tongue_out.
Which beyblade can last the longest?
Uriel 2!
Or
Driger F
WD Star Atttack
EG: Right
BB: Dranzer G
0.o
The latter would last significantly longer.

I would still make a profit, nontheless. I already opened it Eee

I'm just building up my Beyblade collection, nonetheless. Working up to 50.

I would make a loss of like $20 but I still make a huge profit off selling the rest anyway. So it's not a big deal.

(Feb. 16, 2012  2:38 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:

Seriously, its a superb bey when it comes to aesthetics and beauty. At the same time, I am sure you won't be losing out too much if you do not sell it... People like me are dying to own; or at least see it. But we are waiting for good ol' Hasbro to release it now... So, I'd say- OPEN IT!!!! Grin

I already did. I'm overall happy with doing so, because I add another Beyblade to my collection, and I get another one, and it's even rare (Omega Dragonis Eee) and I still make a profit. LOL

(Feb. 16, 2012  12:54 PM)TnkP Wrote:

There are quite a many diseases where people vomit blood, you know.
And there are also quite a many diseases where people suddenly died. Tongue_out
[/quote]

o_o

Yea, there are a bunch. I can't remember all of them, but I remember my mom going into detail about some diseases. (She's in the medical field)

One of the Japanese qualifiers for the World Championship. Apparently, they used 4Ds. I almost feel sorry for them having to compete in Hasbro stadiums...

EDIT: Gotta love those commentators.. makes you feel like watching an actual sport.
(Feb. 17, 2012  9:42 AM)Uwik Wrote: One of the Japanese qualifiers for the World Championship. Apparently, they used 4Ds. I almost feel sorry for them having to compete in Hasbro stadiums...

EDIT: Gotta love those commentators.. makes you feel like watching an actual sport.

Beyblade is a sport technically Chocked_2 THAT WAS A EPIC BATTLE
Are you talking about the kids in the video or the kids in the other countries tourneys? Because they are clearly using TT stadiums in the video, as well as TT beys...
The kids in the video, who have to use Hasbro stadiums in the World Championship 2012 in Canada.