Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Feb. 02, 2012  3:14 PM)Ryu-X Wrote: I've been thinking about Phantom Cancer, and the thought that pops into my head is a Phantom/ghostly crab. I keep laughing every time I think about it.
Then think about Basalt, Earth, Flame and Killer Aquario...
Anyone ever tried to launch a MF-H Basalt Bull BD145MS inside a bag of chips? It's a chaos,I tell you.

(Feb. 04, 2012  8:37 PM)Dan Wrote: Just tried Th!nk's new custom with Galzzly SAR and Dragon Breaker..

It is absolutely amazing my friends. If you do not score a KO with that AR set up and a decent attack BB, I will give you my entire collection!

See the new Galzzly article for the specifics. Looks like this: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/A...yCombo.png

That said, getting a good enough attack base for it is pretty hard, because most left spin ones are too tall or suck.

Anyway, the real thing where it blows stuff away is an old thing from a takara customization guide book. It's a customization that would not be legal via our current rules, however, Takara actually recommended this specific thing as an antidote to the wear of a certain highly popular attack base, and it produces the most insane attack base ever. Same era as the Roller Defenser Mod, btw. Anyway, it is basically the definition of what attack should be: Insanely hard to control, but if you can, and are brave and skilled enough to use it at a tournament, almost nothing can stop it.

That said, I don't really want to share that much until I can get a copy of this guide book and upload some scans for someone to translate. As much as I have it on very good authority, I would rather be 100% secure first, as hard as it is to keep something so amazing quiet.
Read the Gazzly Article! Good work on that man Th!nk Wink I am curious to try that, if I ever can get a new plastics collection going Unhappy

There was a customization guidebook for palstics? Translate, scan and make a thread asap my friend, because that is something I am sure all plastic fans would love to see, including me
Yeah, it's amazing what you can find with the more customizable parts like SAR-Compatible AR's, if you have the parts and try enough things.

The guide was in Japanese, so IDK how useful it would be without some translation. I will do everything I can to get it, I just need to find the links I had, and I will buy it ASAP.

The book contained things along the line of the Roller Defense AR mod, the mod I mentioned in my previous post, and various other things that would not be legal by our rules (well, some probably would), but yeah. On the extremely unlikely chance that the committee decided to alter the plastic rules to allow for that kind of customization (short of things involving permanent changes (superglue), seeing as temporary substitutes work just as well... There were a couple of things in there like that...), as, it would introduce a whole new level into the plastics game, and the one I mentioned in my previous post would basically turn plastics into the "ideal" metagame...

That said, it would be a big leap from the current rules, perhaps the rules changed in time, but it is certainly a whole new level, and I'd love to see it, being as passionate about customization as I am. Obviously, there would be need for limitation to prevent things getting silly (bearing tuning, double weight disks, and balls anywhere they can fly out (including inside HMC's, as bitchips are neither necessary or particularly good at staying on).

That said, I really should be more quiet about this til I can really properly back this all up, lest I mislead anyone into thinking plastics is more wild than it already is.
(Feb. 04, 2012  8:21 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2012  6:14 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2012  5:38 PM)Byser Wrote: She did mention that, but they also released an actual Sonokong Ultimate DX Set without the stadium.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-4D-Ulti...23195c0f89

Aha, neat! Twenty or so bucks off getting a BB-121... maybe I will go for it after all, now... eventually.

I'm surprised you weren't already swayed by the fact Duo is a wheel which ticks most of your boxes? At least, those that I was aware of.

The only box it doesn't tick is being affordable enough for me to break my dry spell. I've been spending money on other things, so I couldn't really justify dropping so much on a set with only two parts I would use(Duo and S130).

Hardly worth the purchase...
(Feb. 05, 2012  1:52 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2012  8:21 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 04, 2012  6:14 PM)Hazel Wrote: Aha, neat! Twenty or so bucks off getting a BB-121... maybe I will go for it after all, now... eventually.

I'm surprised you weren't already swayed by the fact Duo is a wheel which ticks most of your boxes? At least, those that I was aware of.

The only box it doesn't tick is being affordable enough for me to break my dry spell. I've been spending money on other things, so I couldn't really justify dropping so much on a set with only two parts I would use(Duo and S130).

Hardly worth the purchase...

And maybe, you can call it highway robbery 2.0?
Probably a bank robbery, to get a single gold biscuit?
TT advertisement, featuring Hazel-
Double the amount of good parts! Double the amount of fun! Double the times you'll whine over the price!
This is the Ultimate DX Set, AKA Highway Robbery 2.0! A major upgrade to the famous BBPDXS. Enjoy!

But yeah, UDXS was highly overpriced by TT....
This still seems a bit reasonable.
I actually expected SonoKong to go for a Duo Uranus Starter, but then it gave rise to questions as to how would they release Wing Pegy and L Drago Guardian then... But yeah, its still a decent price now.

oops wrong spot again Unhappy edited
I just went to my local store, and there were only ripgrinds and graffiti dens.

STOCK UP ON NORMAL STADIUMS BEFORE THEY RUN OUT, QUICK!
I saw the Dragoon G Draft. I thought it was really cool because it had the best left spin AR. So I wanted a good customization. I chose the second one on the draft. I looked for which beys had the parts. I looked on eBay for them and this is what happened:

AR: 8-Spiker - Okay, easy enough. Dragoon G - eBay - 17$
WD: 10-Heavy - Also easy. Metal Driger - eBay - 18$
SG Core: HMC - Cool, it came with Metal Driger.
BB: Storm Grip Base - Fair. Dragoon S - eBay - 22$

Then, I looked at the SG: Neo Left Spin Gear. At the time I didn't know what it was. So I asked "How to make it" on the "Ask a question, get an answer!" thread. Found out that it came with Dragoon V / V2. So, naturally I did a search on eBay for the price. And I saw:

Dragoon V - 78.96$

When I saw that I was like OMGNJIOSFNPOENAF.
Welcome to plastics collecting.

Leave your wallet with us. You won't be needing it anymore.
For some reason Hazel, almost all statements that have some humorous value (that I see) come from you hah.

I was thinking about getting into plastics and HMS collecting and battling. But I have no idea where to start. Chocked_2
(Feb. 07, 2012  1:57 AM)V-Rock Wrote: I saw the Dragoon G Draft. I thought it was really cool because it had the best left spin AR. So I wanted a good customization. I chose the second one on the draft. I looked for which beys had the parts. I looked on eBay for them and this is what happened:

AR: 8-Spiker - Okay, easy enough. Dragoon G - eBay - 17$
WD: 10-Heavy - Also easy. Metal Driger - eBay - 18$
SG Core: HMC - Cool, it came with Metal Driger.
BB: Storm Grip Base - Fair. Dragoon S - eBay - 22$

Then, I looked at the SG: Neo Left Spin Gear. At the time I didn't know what it was. So I asked "How to make it" on the "Ask a question, get an answer!" thread. Found out that it came with Dragoon V / V2. So, naturally I did a search on eBay for the price. And I saw:

Dragoon V - 78.96$

When I saw that I was like OMGNJIOSFNPOENAF.

1. Don't buy off ebay.
2. Eight Spiker is a smash AR and the rest of your combo is only suitable for Upper. Also, That'l be a sonokong gold dragoon S so an HMC won't fit in it, also storm grip is overrated.
3. Don't buy off ebay.

Sinner: Start with Driger S, Wolborg 4, and a Wide Defense (or I guess driger V2 if you have to). Or Driger S, Driger V2 and Metal Driger. Speechless
Th!nk... You are by far my most favorite person on these forums (no offense... everyone else hah).

Just so you know, the reason why is because you assume like I actually know what you're talking about. Like, I know those are Beys, but I don't even know the parts of plastics or like which ones are good.. hah

EDIT: Parts meaning structure.. I have no idea how plastics are put together. If I don't know even know how to put one together, then how am I going to use them effectively?? You know what I mean??
Don't worry, they come with instructions! Eee
Haha that's perfect! I just need to learn how to read Japanese. XD

But seriously, I need to do some research or take a class, or something hah. I did, however, do some searching for my old Beys that I had when I was like 6 or 7, and I found only two of my huge collection (pretty sure they all were sacrifices to the Garage Sale God). The two were an Orca Diver, the bottom tip thing is in pretty bad condition, and another one with a red bird bitbeast (?). I don't know the name of it though.
Probably a dranzer, but if you send me a picture I can tell you which one :3

Orca Diver is pretty uncommon, totallly useless, but it's actually one of my favourite beys I don't have. Loved Orcas as a kid. It's just a weird AR and generic base iirc.

And putting plastics together is pretty simple, I never actually used the words as a kid, the manual has pictures Wink
I'll probably take a picture tomorrow and put it up or PM it to you hah.

And I would love to get into plastics, I always thought it'd be kind of like a trip to my childhood, but without the boogers, mean teachers, glasses, and weird smells. XD

Anyway, I'll put the Dranzer picture up, and if you would like the Orca Diver, I would sell it to you pretty cheap. Its missing some stickers and, like I said before, the base is in bad condition. So, its up to you.
Yeah, PM it to me, though if I'm not online, just post it, I'm sure someone else will know ahah Smile

Do it, they're so much more fun than MFB. Grin

I'll shoot you a PM about the Orca Diver tomorrow. Wink
Sounds good.

And I must admit that the battles are much more... exhilarating for some reason. They seem to have a lot more recoil and so it makes the battles more fun to watch. Smile

I'll be looking for a PM. :3
Believe me, when you get to the upper echelon of attack types, things start to get insane. Over the last couple of days, I've reached the point where the need for more attack power has basically meant I'm now verging on OHKO-like combinations (though because of the fact I use very, very fast bases, the recoil isn't a big issue). My stadium is not liking it at all, but on the upside, neither are defenders Eee
Hehe! And here's me, who takes pleasure in watching a [Twin Horn + 10 Wide + Neo Right SG + Fantom Grip] combo being KOed by an uncustomized Driger V. Tongue_out
The combo is decent in my view though, but I wonder if one can use Twin Horn without the SAR or not...
And thanks to some suggestions you recently made in Purchase Consultation, I might face some DEADLY Defense combos in the next plastics tourney... Speechless
And of course, my Driger V is the only decent thing I have... *looks at Driger V with high hopes*.... XD
But just imagine, if some superhero out of a Marvel Comic Book comes in before the final duel, and leaves behind a KILLER Attacker.... YEAH!
You definitely need to use a SAR. Twin horn is kinda fragile in right spin, at least the takara one is supposed to be, but in left spin, the hasbro one is nice for defense with a war lion SAR.
Hey, I help where I can, haha, no matter who needs it.

EPIC FAIL!
And there it goes! I now need a decent SAR piece, which can only be acquired from the pricey Galeon!
And yes, I own the Hasbro one! Grin

As for the combos I might face in the tourney, they will be dangerous of course! But if luck's on my side, and the so-called deadly combo self-KOs, I get a Gattyaki, etc, I might be SO happy! Joyful_2
*pointless positive attitude*
Mmm, so do I, I use the AR for my defensive zombie. The heads are rounded so they don't have much recoil compared to other things, though the hasbro version's stamina isn't anywhere near the Takara one, it's not a big deal with grip defenders.

Just be careful he doesn't gatyakki you, it's pretty easy to pull off with that combo due to the size of the wings and the huge rotational force each of them packs.
Yes, Twin Horn is amazing in Left Spin. Its a shame that I do not have a Left SG. But should I get a trader in time, I will get those Left SG casings soon enough! You know what I mean, right? Tongue_out

As for him gattyaki-ing me, it is of course, much more believable than me doing it to him. Tongue_out
The combo he'll make will be heavier, broader, and sturdier. I won't even consider those wings now, as I believe that it would OHKO me even without those.

But yes, it is a fact that I am heavily relying on Driger V. I find Sonic Tiger decent for some reason, and certainly look forward to use it. On the other hand, Metal Semi-Flat is the only decent base I own. Fantom Grip may chip in for some outlandish Defense or Attack combos, but otherwise, its just Metal Semi-Flat. Tongue_out